• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Success/Popularity stuff. Final update coming later today!

Ghostbone

Smash Master
In this case?
Not really, quit being salty that I disagreed with you regarding MK.
I wasn't even thinking the MK discussion.

I'm referring to the discussion about the timer where you basically said we shouldn't change the timer because we shouldn't and ignored what everyone else was saying.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I wasn't even thinking the MK discussion.

I'm referring to the discussion about the timer where you basically said we shouldn't change the timer because we shouldn't and ignored what everyone else was saying.
You mean, the part where I said we shouldn't change the timer because acordin to the data, only 1% of all matches ended up ina timeout.

That as a result, changing the timer was obviously unnecessary?
I don't know your response so I won't pretend like you do to remember what occurred.

Oh wait my fault, that reminds me of what I said in the other thread where you decided to mock me.

"Any time they disagree with me and start railing, they forget any arguments made just so they can continue with the railing."

Edit: by the way, if it sames like I am angry, I really am not, but I do get a wee bit tired of the same stupidity popping up.
Have the deceny to at least go back and read the topic that you desire to have a grudge against me for, its at least wise to know what you're railing at me for exactly.

C.J.

Smash Master
You mean, the part where I said we shouldn't change the timer because acordin to the data, only 1% of all matches ended up in a timeout.

In all fairness, that isn't the entire picture though. What if you're MK and I'm Falco. You're winning by 30% with 3 seconds left while you're jumping around below the stage wasting the last of the time away (for the sake of argument, assume you are at the LGL or w/e). My only option, as falco, to win is to run off stage and try to spike you. In the process I miss the spiking hitbox and instead just know you to the side. And as the clock hits one, since I had to fall to get to you to dair, I die.

The data doesn't count that as a timeout as Falco did lose all three stocks. However, as MK was at his LGL he is now forced to get onstage where Falco can proceed to shoot lasers/get more damage on them (all assuming that there were an extra minute or two on the timer).

That's the common viewpoint as to why the "1% of all match-ups go to time, ergo a longer timer isn't necessary" isn't exactly a good reason to defend having the timer stay as it is.

Now, granted, it's pretty much impossible to find or interpret data in order to look at situations similar to these so as to find out how many games the timer actually affected.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
In all fairness, that isn't the entire picture though. What if you're MK and I'm Falco. You're winning by 30% with 3 seconds left while you're jumping around below the stage wasting the last of the time away (for the sake of argument, assume you are at the LGL or w/e). My only option, as falco, to win is to run off stage and try to spike you. In the process I miss the spiking hitbox and instead just know you to the side. And as the clock hits one, since I had to fall to get to you to dair, I die.

The data doesn't count that as a timeout as Falco did lose all three stocks. However, as MK was at his LGL he is now forced to get onstage where Falco can proceed to shoot lasers/get more damage on them (all assuming that there were an extra minute or two on the timer).

That's the common viewpoint as to why the "1% of all match-ups go to time, ergo a longer timer isn't necessary" isn't exactly a good reason to defend having the timer stay as it is.

Now, granted, it's pretty much impossible to find or interpret data in order to look at situations similar to these so as to find out how many games the timer actually affected.
That's not a bad argument, actually. I've seen this happen more often than not. But like you said, finding this data's impossible since no one records those replays, or takes notes on the match's post-game data.

C.J.

Smash Master
Oh, the view point that "MK wins a lower % of games on Brinstar and RC than he does on Delphino/Frigate (or whatever the stages were) ergo he's not dominant on those stages" also has a similar flaw.

I'm falco, you're MK again. You win G1, I win G2, you CP Brinstar G3. Now I know that you're going to **** my falco on Brinstar so I switch to MK. All of a sudden, it's MK dittos and it wasn't included into MK's win %s. If all the MK dittos that happened on Brinstar/RC counted as the player who switched to MK solely for that stage losing as his original character (me losing [assuming I lose] the MK ditto on Brinstar should count as part of MK's win % even though it was a ditto, I only switched because I would have lost far worse as Falco).

On top of that, how many low level MKs did ADHD/atomsk/ally/etc **** on brinstar/MK w/ random characters during MLG to skew the data even more?

But again, that information wasn't collected and is near impossible to ascertain so whatever.

Essentially, MLG data, while interesting and good to know, is waaayyyy too incomplete to be used as evidence to reach conclusions and claim that they're based on "fact."

EDIT: That's worded kind of badly... meh, you should be able to get the general idea from it. If not let me know and I'll rephrase it when I have more time.

Ghostbone

Smash Master

Na but see, this was brought up, along with the fact that timeouts don't occur between players of different skill levels (as there's no need) which lowers the amount of timeouts significantly, as well as the fact that timeouts occur more often in high level vs high level or top level vs top level than between mid level vs mid level, and since we only care for top level play when making a ruleset, we should focus on what happens at top level.

Also according to SL, the falco going for the crazy spike is just the timer doing it's job, and is fine, and isn't a problem whatsoever.
Oh and also we apparently need to be objective about changing the timer even though the timer is completely subjective, aka, it's impossible to have any reason to change the timer by his logic.

Cassio

Smash Master
Summarized, results.

Again, the explanations have been provided to you, and I'd rather not go in circles doing an explanation for it again, only for you and steam and whatever other individual to go , but there just has to be a reason for him to be under performing!

Frankly, outside of someone saying Marth is a lesser character, you won't be satisfied.
An incorrect assumption. I dont even really think marth is that overrated, just that his advocates expect things to be handed to him with little effort or reasoning :|. Also I explicitly said that Id give you your explanation as a freeby. Lets assume that marth underperforms in results because he's so difficult to play. Now we can toss the results out the window.

However even ignoring results there still needs to be an explanation for Marths MU spread. Instead some simply say Marth +1's most the cast and everyone's expected to nod their head in agreement. Skepticism on his MUs is met with vague statements about what a good character Marth is and circular reasoning. It's fine if its something that no one wants to have that conversation in this thread, but in absence of some reasoning somewhere it shouldnt be surprising that people are skeptical.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

"

That is the exact point of the timer. The timer is meant to force the losing player into approaching the winning player.
Why should the timer be changed to suit the Falco player?
In what way does it hinder the competitiveness of the game when the timer's very purpose is to do exactly what it did in the scenario you mentioned above?

The argument regarding the timer sounds less like an appeal to improving the competitive aspect of the game, as it is more an appeal of "please give me more time so that I can win".

An incorrect assumption.
Assumption would mean that I didn't read your post, my point is the core of your argment stems from the issue of his results, and not any issues with his MU's or capability.
One can go along the idea of saying "well see his results see what happens?" but essentially those results are what form the basis o your argument.
I dont even really think marth is that overrated, just that his advocates expect things to be handed to him with little effort or reasoning :|. Also I explicitly said that Id give you your explanation as a freeby. Lets assume that marth under performs in results because he's so difficult to play. Now we can toss the results out the window.

However even ignoring results there still needs to be an explanation for Marths MU spread. Instead some simply say Marth +1's most the cast and everyone's expected to nod their head in agreement. Skepticism on his MUs is met with vague statements about what a good character Marth is and circular reasoning. It's fine if its something that no one wants to have that conversation in this thread, but in absence of some reasoning somewhere it shouldnt be surprising that people are skeptical.
This isn't the thread for discussing marth's MU's and really I do think we've derailed the topic for faaaar too long.
On the other hand you can PM myself or one of the BBR members for an explanation to his MU's.

To be honest, I don't really think it is an issue of Marth being a difficult character to learn.

C.J.

Smash Master
"

That is the exact point of the timer. The timer is meant to force the losing player into approaching the winning player.
Why should the timer be changed to suit the Falco player?
In what way does it hinder the competitiveness of the game when the timer's very purpose is to do exactly what it did in the scenario you mentioned above?

The argument regarding the timer sounds less like an appeal to improving the competitive aspect of the game, as it is more an appeal of "please give me more time so that I can win".
I have no real opinion on the matter one way or the other. But saying that "only 1% of games are timeouts," while accurate, isn't a completely fair statement.

Again, I have no opinion, just stating the opposite viewpoint.

/leaves

Ghostbone

Smash Master

The timer's purpose is whatever we want it to be, don't you realise that? We, the players, get to decide the timer, we get to decide how strongly it will affect the match, as there's no default for it.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
^which is exactly sl's point...since any timing we choose would be arbitrary, he doesnt consider the evidence present to be strong enough to deviate from the status quo.

and then of course there are the people who disagree with him, some of whom have the data behind them (advocating 9 minutes) and some of whom do not (10 minutes...ive crunched the data, anything past 9 is overkill)

Flayl

Smash Hero
There's a default but it's terrible: 2 minutes. I believe it's been the default setting since Smash 64.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
^which is exactly sl's point...since any timing we choose would be arbitrary, he doesnt consider the evidence present to be strong enough to deviate from the status quo.

and then of course there are the people who disagree with him, some of whom have the data behind them (advocating 9 minutes) and some of whom do not (10 minutes...ive crunched the data, anything past 9 is overkill)
Any timer is arbitrary, including what we have at the moment.
And sticking to something just because it is the status quo is ridiculous.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright, there's that dominance from MK that we've all come to know and love! Update time!

Also, in case anyone is curious, I currently have the results of 16 different MK banned tournaments compiled in a separate data chart. It will be released when I reach 20, capicé?

Raw Data

Characters
Pikachu: 78
ICs: 118.75
Lucas: 78
Wolf: 145
MK: 775
Sonic: 30
Marth: 106.5
Snake: 50.5
Wario: 77.5
Diddy: 37.5
GaW: 54.75
Falco: 85.75
Mario: 40.5
Olimar: 88.5
Luigi: 6
DK: 6
TLink: 57.75
Yoshi: 31.5
Ike: 147
Peach: 46
Lucario: 63.5
Pit: 6
Zamus: 3
Z-Sheik: 10
R.O.B.: 25

Users
Pikachu: 156
ICs: 269
Lucas: 78
Wolf: 158
MK: 1206.5
Sonic: 60
Marth: 254
Snake: 172
Wario: 133
Diddy: 75
GaW: 102
Falco: 153
Mario: 162
Olimar: 102
Luigi: 6
DK: 6
TLink: 115.5
Yoshi: 31.5
Ike: 147
Peach: 46
Lucario: 127
Pit: 6
Zamus: 6
Z-Sheik: 10
R.O.B.: 25

Players
ESAM Pikachu: 156
ESAM ICs: 156
Mekos Lucas: 78
Seagull Wolf: 26
Seagull MK: 26
MeekSpeedy Sonic: 60
MeekSpeedy MK: 60
Iliad Marth: 30
Cruxis Snake: 10
Mew2King MK: 126
Atomsk MK: 63
Atomsk Wario: 63
Jtails Diddy: 21
Jtails MK: 21
KillLock MK: 78
Alphcans GaW: 39
Fiji MK: 13
Fiji Falco: 13
Ally MK: 162
Ally Snake: 162
Ally Marth: 162
Ally Mario: 162
Holy Nightmare MK: 81
Tin Man Olimar: 27
Tin Man Falco: 27
Denti Olimar: 52
Infinity MK: 52
Infinity Marth: 52
d4b8 MK: 21
ALSM MK: 21
Chic Luigi: 6
Neon DK: 6
Kain Wolf: 132
YoshQ MK: 66
Hunger Wario: 22
MJG TLink: 115.5
MJG MK: 115.5
Hylian ICs: 63
Hylian GaW: 63
Hylian Falco: 63
Hylian MK: 63
Hadesblade Yoshi: 31.5
Ryo Ike: 147
GDX Wario: 42
GDX Diddy: 42
Kyon Peach: 21
Junebug Lucario: 127
Junebug MK: 127
Omni MK: 58
Logic Olimar: 23
Lie Diddy: 12
Lie MK: 12
Luckay Pit: 6
Coney Wario: 6
Coney Zamus: 6
Lain MK: 50
Lain ICs: 50
Mikey Lenetia Peach: 25
Tutu Z-Sheik: 10
Viper Falco: 50
****** R.O.B.: 25
TRA Marth: 10

Tournaments Used
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311005
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310918
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310947
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310977
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310976
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310925
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310995
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311000
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311007
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310978
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311053
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311087
30+ Entrant Tournaments

N/A
45+ Entrant Tournaments

N/A
100+ Entrant Tournaments

N/A
MK Banned Tournaments

Characters
Snake: 181.8
Pit: 29.7
Wario: 29.7
Falcon: 10.8
Falco: 3.6
Fox: 3.6
Zelda: 10.8
Olimar: 52.5
DK: 15
Diddy: 3.75
Dedede: 3.75

Users
Snake: 199.8
Pit: 59.4
Wario: 59.4
Falcon: 21.6
Falco: 10.8
Fox: 10.8
Zelda: 10.8
Olimar: 52.5
DK: 15
Diddy: 7.5
Dedede: 7.5

Usage
Snake: 6
Pit: 1
Wario: 3
Falco: 3
Fox: 2
Zelda: 1
Kirby: 2
Dedede: 3
Olimar: 2
Diddy: 2
Lucario: 1
Peach: 1
Marth: 2
DK: 1
ICs: 2
Luigi: 1
Mario: 1
Pikachu: 1
Ness: 1
Lucas: 1

Tournaments Used
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310981
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=310971

Update Information
- Meta Knight breaks $33000.
- Olimar breaks $3000!

Please remember to Right Click and hit "View Image" on any image that is not large enough to be displayed properly.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Am I the only one who can't stop laughing at this statement haha?
oh no, im dead serious...i just didnt bother linking to the post because i was too lazy...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13062662#post13062662

Why does that make it moot?
saying "the default time is 2 minutes, so thats the time we should be aiming for" is about as relevant to this discussion as saying "the default game setting is time, so we should try not to change that"

in other words, theres no point in saying it.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Mr. Game and Watch

Vinnie 347.75
Hylian 126
GIMR 97
Alphicans 90
Arty 65.6
Sushi 45
Dave! 22
Blue Yoshi 10
Panty 10
Drake 10
Culex 5
Hoyts 5
MasterMajora 3.6

Sonic

Espy Kasrani 332.6
Blue Rogue 83.6
BSP 33
TommyG 11
Sonic Storm 10.5

Falco

DarkLink 355
Larry 300
Ally 145
Shugo 140
RedHalberd 131
Kel 127
Mongoose 102
Viper 99.6
kismet2 95
Arty 89.6
Frank Rizzle 88
Stroumbert 88
Berserker 69
Superwolf 60
Xzax 54
Alphicans 50
Xaltis 50
Ice 47.5
Pelca 44.7
Atomsk 43.5
DoomMachine 42
DJ Falco 37.5
Hylian 37.5
Moe 35
TypeX 32
L-Boss 30
K9 27
H1N1 25
Nerd 24
BSP 22.5
Megafox 22
Kadaj 21.5
Billy 18
Bloodcross 14.8
Sin242 13
Curlz 12.6
Fizzle 12
DJ Jack 12
KiraFlax 10
Ozz 10
Mav 9.5
Li-D 7.5
Culex 5

Peach

Illmatic 124.4
Kyle 108
Kyon 90
Lee 72
Vinnie 51
Battou 36
Mikey Lenetia 35
lol. 11
Cheap 10.5
Sailor Princess Twenty-Two 8
SSR 7
Winnar 3.5

Wolf

Kain 1237.5
Ally 805
Seagull 217
Christian 100
Pane 75
Holmes 61.68
MegaRobMan 24
Luminoth 10
Ish 10
Kiro 8

Pit

Koolaid 103.8
Krystedez 78
KiraFlax 68

Zelda

Christian 100
Curlz 33
Jerm 17

Zero Suit Samus

Y.b.M. 337.4
Shlike 285
Dakpo 246
PatG 193.2
MeroKnight 145
Nick Riddle 131.4
UltimateRazer 102
D-Torr 78.5
DRN 73.1
Mink 40.3
DJ Falco 37.5
Lee 30
Paw 21
Snakeee 16
BlueBomberXTJ 5
Sassy 2.5

Wario

Ally 2398.88
Reflex 1148.1
Blue Rogue 505.5
Atomsk 455
Jnig 304
Judge 257
Malcolm 250.8
Seibrik 248.5
RedHalberd 241.4
Bassem 222.75
Hunger 186.6
Anti 117
Mongoose 102
Ninjalink 95.1
Zak 95
GDX 87
Croi 86
Vinnie 80
Krystedez 78
Micaelis 78
Warioman! 75
Dphat 70.4
ADHD 62.4
Dynomite 49.2
Timotee 44
HungryBox 35.5
Azure_Kenny 33
PzO 30
Fiji 25
d4ba 22
Gi 20
Gnes 20
Swordgard 19
SSGuy 18
Magik 18
Melon 18
ShadowAzure 7
UltimateRazer 7
Sax 5.5
Bpow 5

Ice Climbers

Ally 2205.5
Vinnie 951.75
Lain 905
ESAM 561.5
Vex 504
Atomsk 378.5
Swordgard 268
Cheese 165.8
MeroKnight 164.4
Hylian 163.5
DeLux 150.4
Blue Rogue 141
Sin242 132
Sorto 100
H1N1 76
Frank Rizzle 70
GIMR 66
Nuke 50
Arty 49
Smoom 46.2
2D-Jeff 45
Cura 33
Enzo 33
MintyFlesh 27
Dakpo 26
Ninjalink 22.6
Fino 18.9
Tech_Chase 17
Bad Karma 13
Ori_Bro 10
Snipa 8
Prawn 7.5
Ambrose 5
Rubberbandman 4

Fox:

Trump 174.5
Atomsk 75
H1N1 25
Guard 25
Trumptight 25
Nakat 24
MegaFox 23
Talon 21
Duff0 14
Zeton 12.8
KMAG 10
Mav 9.5
Pelca 9.2
Trevonte 8.5
Yoshiken 4.5

Donkey Kong

ESAM 90
Will 83.9
Nairo 46.8
Firefly 39
AlphaZealot 30.4
Micaelis 18
Abscent 18
Stevo 13.5
Attila 10
Dr. Grandpa 9
Cyphus 8
MasterMajora 3.6
FPDav 2.1

R.O.B.

Bundtcake 200
Stingers 156.5
Bees 154
MeroKnight 145
Vinnie 115.6
KiraFlax 68
Ninjalink 61
t0mmy 48
TeeVee 32.4
MAO!!! 30
Tyler 24
Talon 21
Drake 10
Stockfield 10

Jigglypuff :awesome:

Mink 40.3

PT
Reflex 530.9
Atomsk 75

Zelda

Christian 100
Curlz 33
Jerm 17

Mario

Infern 182.4
Blaise 71.8
Boss 37.5
Poyo 33
Stevo 13.5
More please, this is interesting. I understand that it's tough to update every day, but one full list on the first page updated whenever you feel like it would make searching easier.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Am I the only one who finds it completely staggering that there's a 30,000 dollar gap between MK and a character we consider completely viable in our metagame?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright, here's the update! Nothing of much significance happened; just the usual stuff. I'm also a bit in a hurry, so I'll make this quick.

Raw Data

Characters
Falco: 220
MK: 590.83
Peach: 150
Snake: 228.33
Olimar: 179
Pit: 13.5
Wario: 45
Dedede: 69.33
Diddy: 228
GaW: 40
Marth: 35.33
Sonic: 46
ICs: 44.5
Zamus: 14
Falcon: 9
Ike: 44
R.O.B.: 1.33
Ganon: 1.33
Lucario: 70
Yoshi: 17.5
Wolf: 134.5
Link: 25
Fox: 15
Luigi: 7.5

Users
Falco: 450
MK: 938
Snake: 343
Olimar: 256
Pit: 27
Wario: 72
Dedede: 144
Diddy: 332
GaW: 80
Marth: 84
Sonic: 63
ICs: 49
Zamus: 41
Falcon: 36
Ike: 44
R.O.B.: 4
Ganon: 4
Lucario: 140
Yoshi: 30
Wolf: 167
Link: 50
Fox: 15
Luigi: 15

Players
Shugo Falco: 324
Shugo MK: 324
Nicole Peach: 150
Infern Snake: 97
Logic Olimar: 54
Logic MK: 54
Krystedez Pit: 27
Krystedez Wario: 27
Zak Dedede: 27
Zak Wario: 27
Felix Diddy: 176
Alphicans GaW: 80
Alphicans Falco: 80
Asadelta Olimar: 48
KillLock Snake: 16
KillLock MK: 16
Tin Man Olimar: 10
Tin Man Falco: 10
Junk Dedede: 10
Junk MK: 10
Junk Marth: 10
d1aos Sonic: 24
darkflame ICs: 12
RubberBandMan ICs: 4
Seibrik MK: 30
Seibrik Dedede: 30
Seibrik Falco: 30
MVD Snake: 15
NickRiddle Zamus: 5
Lee Zamus: 36
Lee Dedede: 36
Lee Marth: 36
Lee Falcon: 36
JNig Wario: 18
Li-D Falco: 6
Li-D Dedede: 6
San Ike: 44
Cura ICs: 24
Vibe Marth: 8
MetalPat R.O.B.: 4
MetalPat Snake: 4
MetalPat Ganon: 4
BigLou Diddy: 156
BigLou MK: 156
BigLou Snake: 156
kismet2 MK: 78
4God Dedede: 26
Denti Olimar: 54
ALSM MK: 27
Kbot Dedede: 9
Kbot ICs: 9
Dabuz Olimar: 90
Dabuz Lucario: 90
John12346 Lucario: 30
John12346 Marth: 30
Raptor Yoshi: 20
Raptor Lucario: 20
Lee Martin MK: 204
Old Greg Wolf: 102
Dis-gord Sonic: 34
Dis-gord MK: 34
Joker Snake: 55
MegaRobMan Wolf: 65
MegaRobMan Link: 50
MegaRobMan Luigi: 15
Trent Sonic: 5
Kuares Fox: 15
NGAMER Yoshi: 5
NGAMER MK: 5
DarkYosh Yoshi: 5

Tournaments Used
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311446
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311399
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304499
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311432
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311426
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311392
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311386
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311380
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311384
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311110

MegaRobMan said:
Results for Febember to Remember Aurasturm's monthlies Omaha, NE
February 19th 2011 (Round Robin)-Singles.

1. Joker-7-1 :snake: ($25) Iowa
2. Pharaoh-7-1 :wolf: :link2: ($15) Nebraska
3. Trent-6-2 :sonic: ($5) NE
4. Bpow-6-2 :wario: :metaknight: IA
5. DarkYosh 4-4 :yoshi2: NE
6. GameGenie 3-5 :falco: :metaknight: NE
7. Aura :marth: :toonlink: NE
8. Wang :luigi2: IA
9. Nom :olimar: IA

SMYM Warmups Nerdtron
February 26th 2011, Omaha, NE

#1-MegaRobMan :wolf: :link2: ($35) Nebraska
#2-Kuares :fox: ($15) Iowa
#3-NGAMER :yoshi2: :metaknight: ($5) IA
#4-Devi :wolf: :lucario: NE
#5-Thugz :pikachu2: :metaknight: NE
#6-Aura :toonlink: :marth: NE
#7-Soran :marth: IA
#8-Ben :snake: :ness2: NE
#9-Bill (he played dittos against everyone)
#10-Tom :zelda: NE
#11-Tyser :dedede: NE (forfeited)

Results for 4/30 Aurasturm's monthlies, Omaha, NE
Brawl Singles - Round Robin

1. Joker - 9-0, 18-1 :snake: ($30)
2. Rob - 8-1, 17-2 :wolf: :luigi2: ($15)
3. DarkYosh - 7-2, 14-6 :yoshi2: ($5)
4. Smeesh - 5-4, 11-10 :peach:
5. Gamegenie222 - 5-4, 11-11 :falco: :metaknight:
6. Wang - 4-5, 9-11 :luigi2:
7. Hot Carl - 3-6, 8-14 :gw: :lucas:
8. NoM - 3-6, 8-13 :olimar:
9. Echo - 1-8, 3-17 :ness2:
10. Aura - 0-9, 4-18 :marth: :toonlink:
30+ Entrant Tournaments

Characters
Falco: 207
MK: 200.33
Snake: 105
Olimar: 80
Wario: 27
Dedede: 16.83
Diddy: 176
GaW: 40
Marth: 3.33

Users
Falco: 414
MK: 404
Snake: 113
Olimar: 112
Wario: 54
Dedede: 37
Diddy: 176
GaW: 80
Marth: 10

Tournaments Used
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311399
45+ Entrant Tournaments

Characters
Falco: 162
MK: 189
Snake: 97
Olimar: 27
Wario: 27
Dedede: 13.5

Users
Falco: 324
MK: 378
Snake: 97
Olimar: 54
Wario: 54
Dedede: 27

Tournaments Used
100+ Entrant Tournaments

N/A
MK Banned Tournaments

Characters
GaW: 63
Falco: 63
Wario: 81
Ganon: 23

Users
GaW: 126
Falco: 126
Wario: 81
Ganon: 23

Usage
GaW: 2
Falco: 2
Wario: 2
Ganon: 1
Luigi: 1
Kirby: 2
Snake: 3
Marth: 3
Diddy: 1
Samus: 1
Ike: 2
Dedede: 1
DK: 1
Peach: 2
Pikachu: 1
R.O.B.: 2
Ness: 1
Olimar: 1

Tournaments Used
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=311393

Please remember to Right Click and hit "View Image" on any image that is not large enough to be displayed properly.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who finds it completely staggering that there's a 30,000 dollar gap between MK and a character we consider completely viable in our metagame?
I don't find it staggering at all, considering the amount of money various other top tiers in other games have won. It would be interesting to run a similar chart on, say, Melee, SF3, MvC2, etc over their most popular years, see how they compare.

C.J.

Smash Master
I don't find it staggering at all, considering the amount of money various other top tiers in other games have won. It would be interesting to run a similar chart on, say, Melee, SF3, MvC2, etc over their most popular years, see how they compare.
I can agree with that. However I doubt you could do something similar for the amount between MK and the second highest money maker.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Holla!!!!!!! I bet over 60% of it is from Kain, 25% from Ally, 10% from that random Christian Wolf and myself combined.

D

Deleted member

John, are you just going to keep that data archived and now be posting MK banned tourney result data, or are you going to wait until after January 9th?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I'm going to keep collecting data as-is, of both MK banned and MK legal tournies until the end of the year, then switch the priorities on both, giving more respect to MK banned tournies and keeping MK legal tournies as a side project to continue monitoring its progress.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
^ same.

update coming at the end of the week

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
John#s, I got a detailed stat question I want to ask you on skype when you get the chance.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Actually you could C.J. Lol at MK making 20,000 and everyone is in arms. People forget Tyrant made 10,000 from MLG alone?

Or did that not cross anyones mind

Top Bottom