• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
are you sure about wizard's foot? i thought that had to nipple spike too to negate meteor canceling.

...that sounded really weird.

Tamoo

Smash Master
arial wizards foot is definite a spike,

ur talking about c.falcons dair, which he also mentioned in his post lol.

Also, my thread reignition worked :) Although has sparked conversation on something totally irrelevant to what i posted :laugh:

stackOverflow

Smash Cadet
One thing i noticed in the video is that Marth kept up-bing onto the stage. If he continues to do that rest him or fsmash because there is alot of lag, i noticed the one time you punished it you just baired when u could have probably killed him with a rest or an fsmash. Also, when you are at high percent he seems to like to kill you with a reverse up b, so I would shield more and bait him into doing it, then you can punish the up b lag.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't know of any off hand. You have to hit them just right when they're in the air, and it sends them down and away from you.

It's because like... normally it knocks them up and down (which is where the multi-hit comes from) but if you catch them mid-blade (or maybe it was tip of the blade) in the air, you only get one hit that sends them down.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
In your video, you never approached. No wait... You approached a few times, all with SH Bair. He was able to shield grab each one.

Try mixing in full hop aerials, you can get two aerials before landing. Try landing behind the Marth, it gets him in a bad position. Follow it up with a grab, or anything else, really.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Just a little nugget of information that I've always known but never actually knew the technical frame aspects of:

To cancel the midair jump turnaround, perform an attack within 1-4 frames after jumping.

I thought it was quite useful to know it can be any move as I always did it with bair, but now I know I can do some more retreating fair crap on top of that although your fingers have to be relatively quick

GSUB

Smash Lord
Just a little nugget of information that I've always known but never actually knew the technical frame aspects of:

To cancel the midair jump turnaround, perform an attack within 1-4 frames after jumping.

I thought it was quite useful to know it can be any move as I always did it with bair, but now I know I can do some more retreating fair crap on top of that although your fingers have to be relatively quick
Claw .

dudutsai

Smash Lord
It's really hard to rest Luigi. I'd say he breaks out of combos easier than puff does with his nair, so don't try to hit him more than maybe twice in a row. Fsmash works really well, because it pushes him back, but obviously it's still punishable.
Bair works extremely well. A good Luigi will make it hard for you to gimp him, but you should try for it anyways. Don't underestimate his speed when he is on the ground. Nair works really well to nick him out of his wavedashes.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
For Luigi to beat your Bair he cannot be on the same horizontal plane. From there you can pick him apart for being above you, since you can easily decide to never be above him in a punishable position.

Remember that his aerial mobility is awful.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You can do a lot of things.

If you don't fear Misfire you can just Bair combo him offstage and then he'll die. You could also combo Fairs offstage, or the end of Nair --> Fair or something. His aerial mobility sucks so you can reach him pretty easily. Provided you space, he can't really combo break you either.

If you're cautious, you can hold the edge and try to make him missile onstage, at which point you Rest or F-smash or whatever. From the edge you can also do Bairs, Fairs, etc. Plenty of stuff. The only condition to holding the edge is to remember what recovery options he has and counter them appropriately (his double jump, going low for the Up+B, does he still have tornado, etc).

Tamoo

Smash Master
What I like to do is that when I know that luigi is gonna have to use his up b, refresh the ledge invinciblity frames just before he comes in vertical range, which forces him to use his tornado, towards the end of the tornado, refresh the invincibility again and then roll onto stage when he uses his upb.

And its always better to hit luigi out of his side b at the beginning of the move rather than the end.

I actually find dair to be quite useful at gimping luigi as it pushes him directly to the side and down rather than to the side and up, but anything is effective really.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I always forget about Dair except against fast fallers and for gimmick combos.

But yeah it's Luigi. Jump at him and push buttons LOL.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ive been experimenting with dair a lot more recently actually, I find it quite useful as a edgeguard on a lot of characters when they require vertcal recoveries like marth and luigi cos of the weird trajectory.

Also dair to grab is sooo easy on a lot of characters.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
If you aren't over 100, then luigi can up b early so that he catches the edge on his way down after you finish your roll.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Its easy to judge if they've just tornadoed which they are likely to have to do cos upbing into your invincibility means a stock.
Refreshing your invincibility just before their tornado finishes forces them to wait and go lower by which time when they upb, it should be good to just roll.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Ive been experimenting with dair a lot more recently actually, I find it quite useful as a edgeguard on a lot of characters when they require vertcal recoveries like marth and luigi cos of the weird trajectory.

Also dair to grab is sooo easy on a lot of characters.
Do you fast fall and L Cancel the Dair? Or do you just fast fall and auto cancel (I'd like to know at which point you FF). Also, do you Dair until you're behind them, or just in front of them?

Tamoo

Smash Master
I fast fall and lcancel it.
It sends them in a weird rotating animation on the floor and a lot of percents so its easy to grab them from it. And I dair in front. If i land behind, I upsmash as its quicker than utilt to come out.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
So you're basically doing the Dair->Rest thing The King did. He mixed in grabs too.

The King also has a video (Rest In Peace Combo Video) where he Dairs offstage->Rest on a C.Falcon.

idea

Smash Master
dair grab is pretty cool and good. leading into grabs with jigglypuff is very good. she needs those.

i like using it to recover (from above the stage). people don't expect jigglypuff to cover the area beneath her so it's a good trick now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom