• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I like to do sing to grab ledge in-game. Its a good skill to have. I'm just not always consistent, and sometimes will jump before the sing.

Edit: Does anyone know if you can FF while singing?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I like to do sing to grab ledge in-game. Its a good skill to have. I'm just not always consistent, and sometimes will jump before the sing.

Edit: Does anyone know if you can FF while singing?
You can't. I'm guessing because it's an UpB? Idk. Sing is a silly move.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
about sing:

Has anyone tried to use sing oos?

It might be funny if it works, but if you can sing out of shield you could probably grab anyway.

D

Deleted member

mango

why do people keep thinking

puff is ****

when its obviously

you ****** them

with 6+ characters

and that jigglypuff

isn't that good

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Elvenarrow

who are you

i see like, a billion of your posts in character discussion

and apparently you're in Tempe

and ive never heard of you, except like, one instance where you played with Taj at ASU

idea

Smash Master
One time me and some friends were talking while hanging around a playground (near the drive-in movie theater) up by my cottage, and one of us said "I live in a giant bucket!"

A little kid nearby came up and asked, "Why do you live in a bucket?" Adorable.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I assume Bair space a lot vs Doc, and Fair/Nair through pills is too good.

Edit: Puff in doubles. Do you guys think Fox is as much of a problem? I personally find Fox easier to fight in doubles than in singles. Much easier.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Was that "yeah" to my "Do you guys think Fox is as much of a problem?" or "I personally find Fox easier to fight in doubles than in singlse. Much easier"?

idea

Smash Master
he's easier to fight in doubles. he can get hit into things more easily/has a harder time paying attention to a jiggs floating around waiting for rests and stuff. and she often can just float around, since it's not as useful for them to go after the character who can't be comboed or edgeguarded.

Tamoo

Smash Master
O.O

Why has this thread been untouched for sooo long, gotta get it back again,

I'll try and help out with my doubles advice, cos thats the form of the game i love the most.

Ideal partner is fox, and you should position yourselfs as follows imo (on most large neutrals like fd, dl etc where there is enough space.)

f____o____j____o

f being fox, j being jiggs and o being opponents.

What this does is allows fox to concentrate on the edge game with the opponent nearest to him, getting quick gimps etc. If it looks like he's getting gimped, your close enough to go in and save, if the opponent is getting gimped, you just set up a wall of arials to stop them advancing. If fox gets the grab your close enough to go in and rest. If they roll away from the edge like a lot of predictable players do, you are there to punish with rests or arials if you cant get there in time, which is likely to kill them or send them straight to fox for an gimp This should get rid of the player fighting against fox first, and two on ones with jiggs and fox is just an easy ride from there..

Other chars this works with on your team are ppl like peach, shiek, marth and falco, in that order imo.

I dont have much advice for smaller stages like ys and bf, except for never get caught on a platform, or high above the platform, as jiggs finds it hard to approach from above. I like to control the bottom platforms with arials hoping they miss a tech here and there for the good old jab resets rest. And i usually let my partner do most of the work, whilst punishing predictable rolls away from them with rests, and saving if necessary to keep him alive as long as possible.
I personally despise smaller doubles stages, and would usually ban sumthing like ys, but its all up to personal preference.

On gay stages, such as brinstar and pokefloats, I just camp rediculously, and pretty much don't do anything except for hit the opponent when they get hit to me by my partner. I dont really like gay stages much apart from the moving ones because it always feels too cramped. I think pokefloats is great cos the opponent has so much to think about and the surfaces are so uneven that mistakes are abound, such as unneccasairly double jumping and missing techs, rolling predictably away from the blastzones etc.

Also, the best way to save your partner is pound imo, i think uair has too much afterlag and sends you down quite far and you could get edgeguarded, where as pound usually places them right on the stage and you can aim it easier.

Anyway, this is just my two cents on doubles play, and it works for me, and my attempt to revive this thread lol

stackOverflow

Smash Cadet
I am starting to play falco and foxes that don't ever miss an lcancel, and I'm no longer able to get sheildgrab to upthrow to rest combos. I was wondering if anyone had some good grab setups against fox and falco.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Just wait for them to miss their spacing, to some extent, you cant really just go for the grabs anymore, youve got to wait for them to come to you.

Iirc, if they bair you from infront, ie, approach with bair, you can shieldgrab that, but its best to get out of the habit of shieldgrabbing, even dashdance to grab would be better

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
You're not edgehogging when you should be, and you're bairing sometimes on the punish when you should be like... fsmashing.

You recover straight into Marth, which is never a good idea.

Stop getting hit by Ken combos -_- You're Jigglypuff, you can afford to DI away.

HXCK1D

Smash Rookie
Thanks xD, usually when he tried ken combos i cancel the spike and try to get back on stage, i cancled C.falons spike once with fox it was awesome

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
There're five things that send you downward that can't be meteor canceled.

In order of how often you'll see them!

1. Falco's dair
2. Marth's dair
3. Ganondorf's aerial Wizard's foot
4. Captain Falcon's nipple spike
5. Roy's usmash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom