• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunBun

Smash Master
Hate to bother everyone in the mids of Falcon discussion, but how the hell do you deal with Samus? I have no idea what I should do to kill her. Spaced back airs only help so much....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Just fly around until you see openings, which she does have. If you wanna kill her, get her off the stage fly out toward her and edge guard, or grab the ledge and edge guard her grapple.

Jigglypuff ***** samus lol you got this

Don't be too aggressive you don't really need to be, just fly around her and stuff

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Can anyone give tips on approaching ganon? His fair is nasty and if you do get inside of him, his jab just knocks you away easily. Not to mention throwing in the random wizard's foot that ***** jigglypuff's light weight.

idea

Smash Master
okay, i'm gonna try this short advice thing.

samus...bair, be very patient, shield dash attack or smashes to rest, jump out and get hit by her bombs in her recovery

ganon...hit him after he fairs, or be really careful with bairs. once you get inside him there's not much he can do. or maybe you could shield his fairs, then grab or fair or something...i don't think a ganon will try to shieldgrab you

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
As a former Samus main, I'll try to throw in a little input.

Everything Chok and Idea said is good. ^_^

Uhm obv when she missle spams, fly over or if you have to, Nair the missles GO BOOM!

CC her dash attack -> rest. A lot of Sami like the Windmill of Fury.

When she does anything on the ground you should be looking for a rest. And that's good because Samus is all about the ground game. You rapeee her recovery so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. As far as aerials, gotta watch out for that Nair of course. The boot.<3 Not sure what beats/trades with it so if someone does know that would be nice. ^_^
If she goes in the air and youre not eating boot, WoP that ***** across the stage and edgeguard. Floatys get *****. :D
Watch out for WD -> ftilt and WD -> fsmash, Samus loves those.

That's just some random stuffs... as far as how to kill her, go for rests and punish her laggy *** roll/tech roll with a rest or fsmash since it's got that forward step.

Anything specific? ^_^

Binx

Smash Master
From my samus experience, is she is on the ground, just tap her with fairs and bairs for damage, if she smashes your shield or misses, its an easy rest. Her recovery is nothing, if you can drop with a fair do that, if you can't do it, then just hang out near the edge and don't let her up there unless you are too.

I just spend lots of extra time in shield and rest if she messes up, even when she doesn't mess up you can fair her out of everything still and nair sometimes if it's rising and full hopped so she can CC it but can't hit you with anything anyways. Its a really easy match up.

idea

Smash Master
for her dash attack, better to shield it then rest. it's so easy to get, once you learn the timing it sticks with you forever...and you just jump straight up and do it =P

i r agree with choknater...not hard to get rests on samus, but really. it's samus. bair will win the game for you on its own. pretend to be samus for a moment, fighting a jiggs that's spacing bairs at you.

and i hear shield is overall good on her too, like all you guys have been saying. what's she gonna do? shield pressure? grab?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
IMO Samus should spam Grabs and Dtilts and Back Tilt in this matchup. Too Legit
Back Tilt is way too good.

dr mario is a pile of shiz. can someone tell me how to approach cause those pills make me sick (haha)
Mango says go Falco. :)

Haha. Erm well I don't play any Docs, so trust other's advice over mine;
You could approach while Nairing through pills but I'm guessing this will get tedious and annoying. Also 1 slip up and ow ow ow. >_<
You could try the vs Falco approach, float over the spam and drop with a diagonal Fair, or if he jumps, maybe even a Dair. It's not really a good move but it seems to eat through a lottt of aerials. Just dont get Usmashed or Fsmashed from the laggg.

idea

Smash Master
nair beats pills...bair probably would...not sure about fair...but whenever i play docs i do my best to avoid the pills by not being in their way (isai advice), and then hitting the doc with whatever. it's a really boring matchup =P

since it's so slow, if you can get a rest in at low % that'll really throw the doc off. i know upair rest works, so uptilt rest has to work too.

Binx

Smash Master
make fun of his character until he cries, then he wont be able to see to accurately hit you with pills.

Umm I agree with Idea, the only thing is that if you miss a rest vs Doc you die 100% of the time, cape cape cape cape fsmash, its too dumb. I pretty much just try and keep my spacing and go under pills or attack through them, if you time your nairs right you should be able to hit through a pill just as its leaving his hand and tap him, watch out for cc's and his jumping to throw off your moves. Basically just space really carefully and keep tapping away, its boring but it's probably how you should take it, when you are at higher percents you have 2 choices, stay careful and poking or try and sneak in a risky move and rest from it like an uair or something.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
true story:
instead of looking for the jigglypuff character thread, in my head i subconciously looked for the "mango" thread. i'm completley serious.

i honestly think doc beats jiggs, if only by a small margin. jiggs can't CC against doc that well and the rest is a little tough. you just have to edge guard well, but on-stage is tough.

idea

Smash Master
i dunno...doc vs. jiggs seems like a spacing game, and jiggs has bair.

not to mention...best recovery and excellent edgeguarding, vs. worst recovery.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
ok dr mario is a pile of shiz. can someone tell me how to approach cause those pills make me sick (haha)
His pills are actually pretty linear. You realistically dont even have to swing at them if you just go around them.

The thing to watchout for is to make sure you're not putting yourself in a position to get attacked while going around a pill. (i.e., you wavedash under one and stay down until it goes clean over you, or you go clear above a pill).

I mean, yeah going through them is also an option. The thing you have to do is just mixup how you go about it.

Jiggs vs Doc is dumb for plenty of reasons, you just cant let pills be THE reason.

__

and the **** if jiggs cant CC doc's stuff. Jiggs probably cant CC a f.air.. or a f.smash... maybe a d.smash. Ok there's alot Jiggs might not be able to CC, but there are other attacks too!

Bob Money

Smash Ace
The only way jiggs beats doc is if you are The King.

Naw but seriously learn how DI jabs and Air dodge. Also Look for upsmash opportunities on doc alot more than you usually would because as we all know once Doc is in the air it's tough for him.

idea

Smash Master
who's talking about wow? i meant...professor layton and the curious village, i think it's called. it looked boring.

i'm veeeery gradually learning falcon. i've advanced to the point that i can hit people with one or two moves and completely fail at following up on them.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
My secondary is Falco. o.O;

Uhh since no one's really talking about Puff atm tho >_>
I'll just throw down a vid of my Puff from a few weeks ago.
It's a pretty dumb match... but uh feel free to critique if you can.
Also, quality = terribad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip9jspAKg_0

I get ***** around the stage in the beginning... but 4 mistakes, 3 rests, and I win.

GSUB

Smash Lord
^^^^^^^^
quality is fine
but your friend is what's terribad =(

and you SH your fair right in their face and get shield grabbed.
roll too much also. i'm surprised they haven't picked up on that and punished it.
but you did do a good job of fooling them into making dumb, punishable mistakes.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, i agree. space farther away, don't roll...like almost never...don't go for shieldgrabs much. i would say never, but people will make mistakes eventually. you're relying on it a lot, though, and that's only going to screw you over in the future.

overall you don't seem very comfortable moving around with jiggs. i dunno how to fix that...play smash more often i guess =P for me it was dying whenever i didn't have full control over her, that made me learn how. but not everyone has very technical foxes and very patient sheiks to practice with.

and just things like...if you bair TOWARD fox. that doesn't work. they will shield it then hit, or crouch cancel then hit you. or at least they should be doing that.

i bet most of that is stuff you've thought of already, though, and just haven't practiced enough with yet.

afro chris has a bunch recorded of me that he hasn't put up because he hasn't wanted to edit all the footage. so that's annoying. we're going to poke him with sticks until he gets on that. (or more likely, i'll tell him where my matches are in the one file)

edit: why do all my posts end up being so long...

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
edit: why do all my posts end up being so long...
lmfaooo.

Thanks for the inputs guys. :) To respond;

Haha, he's not bad. He doesn't play Fox though, and he just had a really bad game. No johning for friends though. XD

Mhm, no ShFairing into their face... good idea. ^^;

LMAO I told you I have a really bad rolling habit. ^_^ I'm working on getting rid of that.
As for shieldgrabbing... that used to be my way of dealing with spacies. Try for a shieldgrab, hope he messes up and doesn't shine, and get the Uthrow Rest. I've pretty much fixed that, no worries ^_^
Yeah, my spacing is poopy, I need more play time with other people instead of CPUs.
I totally agree, sometimes I do just feel uncomfortable with Jiggs, not quite sure the reason. Every so often I'll accidently emptyhop where a F/Bair should be, space terribly, go for a Rest when there's almost no opportunity... it all comes with time I suppose. I only picked her up as a secondary a few months back, and a main a month or two ago.
So no Bairing/Fairing into Fox's mouth? I see.
Lately I've been practicing making sure I'm not being defensive, sitting in shield. Or blind Bair/Fairing into getting shield grabbed. It's helped a lot.
Puffs<3

idea

Smash Master
^ lol, yeah

jiggs isn't really about aiming moves. she's not fast enough for the opponent to still be where they were when you pressed those buttons. mostly you have to make the opponent get hit by your moves. i think this is why it's so tempting for some people to camp with her =P

and sitting in shield is generally terrible with jiggs. be defensive by moving back with aerials rather than forward.

haha, this happens at least once per smashfest: raynex upsmashes and hits my shield, i shieldgrab, miss, he upsmashes again and i die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom