• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookman

Smash Hero
mango, how do you space so excellently? You're so simple but so complex. I wonder what it is you do that other jiggs don't...

idea

Smash Master
I just saw Idea's Jiggs in the recent crew battle. There were no rests :(
my apologies. there are actually no good vids of me whatsoever. i don't know why. i guess the low total number of them up could be part of the reason, though.

and i think there would be a bunch if sanuzi was willing to sort through the hours of footage from that one smashfest =P

which crew battle, by the way?

Sanu

Smash Champion
my apologies. there are actually no good vids of me whatsoever. i don't know why. i guess the low total number of them up could be part of the reason, though.

and i think there would be a bunch if sanuzi was willing to sort through the hours of footage from that one smashfest =P

which crew battle, by the way?
*whistles* I brought my laptop to Santana's that one fest and told you guys to let me know what matches you wanted uploaded... but no one took me up on the offer XD. I'm willing to cut out and upload the vids you direct me to, but there's no way I'm searching through them all myself :laugh:

If I get my power adapter back, I'll bring my laptop to a fest again. You can pour through the 3-4 files and let me know the file name and time frame of what you want uploaded.

Mmmk? ^_^

idea

Smash Master
whoa, do you search your name too?

and, oh, okay =P i'll look through it some other smashfest then. maybe bring it to grmo's first biweekly?

dudutsai

Smash Lord
abit rusty, you were 1337 two posts ago... .

It's supposed to be a good matchup for jiggs, but being terrible, I have never won vs DK

idea

Smash Master
i hear it's basically a fight to see who has the better bair. and that's jiggs =P but i do know that once you get past the spacing, rests are easy to get...he's so big, how could you miss?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
I can't for the life of me Rest OoS Falco's pillar. >_<

Should I just give up and roll away -> counter?

Also, CF ***** me. Feels like Nairs go through everything I have, I get grabbed constantly, and for some reason I can't edgeguard him. >_<
My bairs miss, strong fairs get grabbed, weak fair help him recover, and the same with Nairs.

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)

Also, CF ***** me. Feels like Nairs go through everything I have, I get grabbed constantly, and for some reason I can't edgeguard him. >_<
My bairs miss, strong fairs get grabbed, weak fair help him recover, and the same with Nairs.
diagonal fairs.

constantly go for uptilt rest.

and crouch. crouch to uptilit next to his shield is a MIND****.

oh and uair to uair to uair to uair is sex.

idea

Smash Master

okay, i'll try to help...

uhh...i think once falco starts pillaring you there's not much you can do =P so maybe try to avoid shielding on him altogether. instead, alternate between crouching and aerials. see if that works. i'm still learning the matchup myself. anyone who might have played falco on me, generally goes fox.

as for falcon...try crouching a lot. they hate that. if they're nairing a lot...maybe just wait for them to do that and punish them for knowing what they were about to do. i'd probably wavedash away and bair at that point.

edgeguarding...fairs and bairs, just like against anyone else, and just be patient, cause he can move around a lot in the air but is still screwed once he hits the ground. catching the edge and letting him land onstage works really well.

if you weak fair, use more fairs. you know he's about to up-b again =D keep doing it until a strong one hits.

edit:
lol, i'ma try that. usually i can't hit falco with uptilts. on top of that, my control stick is so sensitive that half my uptilts come out as upsmashes X_X

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
o_O

Jeez you guys are so helpful! ^_^<33333

Extended reply coming soon.

Edit: -_- Wow fail. I forgot to edit this post and accidently double posted... my bad. :(

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
diagonal fairs.

constantly go for uptilt rest.

oh and uair to uair to uair to uair is sex.
ty hungry :D im guessing this all pertains to falcon?

sounds like you should pick up marth...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvuKwn4Gmew

okay, i'll try to help...

uhh...i think once falco starts pillaring you there's not much you can do =P so maybe try to avoid shielding on him altogether. instead, alternate between crouching and aerials. see if that works. i'm still learning the matchup myself. anyone who might have played falco on me, generally goes fox.

as for falcon...try crouching a lot. they hate that. if they're nairing a lot...maybe just wait for them to do that and punish them for knowing what they were about to do. i'd probably wavedash away and bair at that point.

edgeguarding...fairs and bairs, just like against anyone else, and just be patient, cause he can move around a lot in the air but is still screwed once he hits the ground. catching the edge and letting him land onstage works really well.

if you weak fair, use more fairs. you know he's about to up-b again =D keep doing it until a strong one hits.

edit:

lol, i'ma try that. usually i can't hit falco with uptilts. on top of that, my control stick is so sensitive that half my uptilts come out as upsmashes X_X
Ok, crouch moar. :D Vs Falco tho, when I crouch to avoid laser spam, I can't seem to do anything once he gets close cause Dair eats thru everything. Maybe WD back -> stuff?

Vs Falcon... k crouch moar and predict/react his Nairs.

A problem may be that I'm not much of a WD'er... I can do it with pretty much everyone, but I only do it with Samus/Fox/Marf because for characters like Jiggs it seems to be a bit too much work to move like an inch. >_< I probably just have to get better at integrating my WD with Jiggz.

Oh and the person I'm playing against is way better than me... so yeah there's that too. ^_^

lmao.

idea

Smash Master
with jiggs, try working in wavelanding first. it comes more naturally, say to move away after hitting their shield with aerials. then wd once you're used to that.

also, just in general. use empty hop. i'm told it's horrifying, having jiggs jump and not even try to hit you. =D mindgames.

and do stuff like, jump at them, do nothing, waveland back...and wait. for some reason this will seem to the other person to be the perfect opportunity to attack. of course, don't only do that, cause then you're just camping them and that's boring.

lol i've only started doing ^ recently and it works so well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom