• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
try dthrow on the stage, I don't play links often or anything but, that's what you do to Marth. Link's recovery is tricky to gimp if you aren't used to it, so are aggressive and catch him with fairs before he starts recovering, push em as far as you can.

If he is recovering with the chain, try rising fairs until he runs into them.

EDIT: Also, if you bair him in the head, and you're landing it, keep bairing his head. Nice and far. If he comes above the ledge with his ^B, crouch cancel the hits, and fsmash that Hyrule punk
I see. Simple stuff.

Are there any other throw combos? Does anyone have any nice videos of Jiggs vs Link?

idea

Smash Master
mango, i'mma add you in a week or so when i get my computer back and put aim on it. it was sent off for repairs for the third time <_< stupid hp/best buy

idea

Smash Master
Don't ignore the noob :(

Are there any other throw combos vs Link?
oh, i was gonna respond to you but i figured someone else would have more to say.

not that i know of. mostly the reason to throw link is because you happen to have grabbed him =P dthrow techchase works, but i don't know any percents and don't have a good sense of how heavy link is, so doing that near platforms is safer. i also don't know if dthrow rest works if he tries to DI behind you (and end up on top of you), but you could still try it.

so uh...yeah, besides techchasing and getting them off the edge, not really.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Gimpy Land isn't that bad for Jiggs, is it? Gimpy Land is AKA Marth's Story. I mean its not the best thing you can ban, but it is terrible for Jiggs.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i banned corneria *****s

*** dieing from smashes at

40 percent

lol

if he went yoshi story

my falco would of came out

falco on yoshis is amazing

Vts

Smash Champion
i banned corneria *****s

*** dieing from smashes at

40 percent

lol

if he went yoshi story

my falco would of came out

falco on yoshis is amazing

hmm ignore the fact i'm slowly trying to figure out how to beat you with IC lol

love them so much

what if he picked green greens since top is also really low every where

would u stay puff or go fox/fox since that map is too good for both of them?

Binx

Smash Master
I'm gonna MM a samus with 4 different characters $5 a piece and Puff is one of them. Basically I just want to confirm that I'm fighting samus correctly, bair and fair wall, and if she does anything on the ground rest her.

idea

Smash Master
jiggs does better on yoshis than on poke

then again I SUCK with counter picks

im hella bad at it....I need to take a class lol
ditto uses transform

Gimpy Land isn't that bad for Jiggs, is it? Gimpy Land is AKA Marth's Story. I mean its not the best thing you can ban, but it is terrible for Jiggs.
i like it vs. fox and sheik actually. platforms and ledges everywhere =D and less space to use firefox and still be visible

although once i lost a tourney set here because europhoria's marth fthrow tippered me and killed me at 0 (bad DI). that sucked. i was up 3-1 in the match and lost basically cause of that.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Mango has so many tight tricks with his spacing and movements. Where are those grand finals vids at?

Just one thing... why don't you ever use roll out, its really a legit move.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i always go fox on green greens =D

My movement with puff is so ****

its so smooth =D

rollout.. only on mute city =D

TheLake

Smash Master
Whoa whoa these puff things are crrraaazy

Just had to comment on Darcs vid

The music is the cats meow

Ya heeeard?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
MaNg0, this isn't really about Puff, I'm more just curious about it in general.

Rumor has it you played Marvel before you really got into Melee. That, or you played it at a professional level as well at some point.

If this is in fact true, do you think this helps you play? Like, does it affect how you predict and work around your surroundings differently than your run-of-the-mill one-trick Smasher?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

before i started playing

melee i was like 12 LOOOOL

ive only played melee =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom