• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vts

Smash Champion
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

before i started playing

melee i was like 12 LOOOOL

ive only played melee =D
man i started playing like almost 2 year ago and i'm already doing really well and i can almost beat iori/chad/ihsb so i'm really happy

you have years on me

i use to go to mlg for halo 2 before my team screwed me over and went on wow raid while online finals were and lost full year sponsor ship to all event next year :(

so switched to melee lol

o well maybe someday i'll be good enough to play you at a tournament and give you a challenge

Tero.

Smash Champion
I'm gonna MM a samus with 4 different characters $5 a piece and Puff is one of them. Basically I just want to confirm that I'm fighting samus correctly, bair and fair wall, and if she does anything on the ground rest her.
jump into her bomb jumps.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Falco on YS ***** me so hard. :(

My friend 4stocked me and I only gave him 60%... raaape. I can usually take a few stocks off him, even beat him once in a while, but YS ***** me so hard. I removes my ability to float nair over Falco's lasers, soo I'm just getting laser locked with no way of getting out. Grab, rest, and nair out of shield get shined and combo'd for like another 30% T_T

tl;dr; halp vs spammy Falco on YS?

idea

Smash Master
i hear crouching and wavedashing is good for stuff like that. i don't use it much but i hear it works. and that guy who posted above you does that a bunch too.

any thoughts, anyone, on how to deal specifically with a campy marth? a guy i played in pools last tournament actually tried to time me out on corneria and dreamland, marth vs. jiggs. and my sheik isn't good enough to use her. so i lost those matches =( beat him in brackets, hehe. but it could come up again.

and it's not marth i have a problem with, really, cause i almost beat a better-than-me marth player in brackets, and he's one of the better gta players. it's just campy marths.

and no way in hell am i being as defensive and patient as they are. other strategies please.

Binx

Smash Master
See I started melee at 19 and I'm 23 but I didn't discover smashboards until 06, kind of sucks actually I wish I was young enough to have more freetime haha. Mango way to represent WC

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
i hear crouching and wavedashing is good for stuff like that. i don't use it much but i hear it works. and that guy who posted above you does that a bunch too.
Was that in response to me?

Couldn't tell. o_O lol.

I wavedash around a bit and crouch quite a lot... maybe some more WD OoS would help while I'm about to be pillar pressured.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so where does jiggs belong in the tier list? Alot of tri-state say top 5 but that may be because they are butthurt about RoM.

idea

Smash Master
Was that in response to me?

Couldn't tell. o_O lol.

I wavedash around a bit and crouch quite a lot... maybe some more WD OoS would help while I'm about to be pillar pressured.
i think it was. also nair over him to...hit him, and get him off the edge as soon as possible.

low high tier or high mid tier.
nah, i say top 5 too. sheik/fox, marth, falco, peach/jigglypuff. something like that.

and somehow i can't see rest OOS against falco pillars working, but i'll try it sometime anyway.

Tero.

Smash Champion
i think it was. also nair over him to...hit him, and get him off the edge as soon as possible.

nah, i say top 5 too. sheik/fox, marth, falco, peach/jigglypuff. something like that.

Don't overestimate Jiggs because Mango is ****.
Sheik, Fox, Marth, Falco, Peach, Falcon are def better.
Jigglypuff is 7th at best.

idea

Smash Master
i'm not =P

falcon and peach are debatable...those two + jigglypuff all have a bunch of disadvantages. falcon, in particular, has really bad priority and relies on long techchases, which are hard with him. also his recovery is mediocre. peach is just kinda slow. she has less overall killing power than jiggs, too. jiggs dies at low percents and is hard to combo people with. the other two don't have rest and the best recovery in the game, though <_<

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
If Falco pillars your shield, can't you just rest out of shield and if you miss you take like 15% from dair->shine? Low risk, high reward.
You can't rest during hitstun... I tried this for like a whole match one time, it didn't work once. 4stocked. It only works if they mess up their pressure, I believe.

and somehow i can't see rest OOS against falco pillars working, but i'll try it sometime anyway.
Yeah, liek I said in my first post, I was trying that. But YS really messed me up because its such a tiny map and my floated nairs usually end up with him running under and bairing... the platforms really get in the way. >_<

GSUB

Smash Lord
You can't rest during hitstun... I tried this for like a whole match one time, it didn't work once. 4stocked. It only works if they mess up their pressure, I believe.

Yeah, liek I said in my first post, I was trying that. But YS really messed me up because its such a tiny map and my floated nairs usually end up with him running under and bairing... the platforms really get in the way. >_<
if falco is fvcking you up with lasers, you can shield and wavedash oout and keep shielding, if he goes to grab you, it will be obvious, and you can spotdodge and CC-rest the grab. nair OoS works well too.
rolling behind him while he lasers is also good, but only once in awhile, or else he'll catch on you'll get rollechased/f-smashed.

i have the same problems as you f8. i just get so pissed when the falco just stands there and lasers, usually i don't care cause they stop eventually, but when they literally just stand there and shl, gah... sometimes i cant even jump OoS due to the lasers.
but full-hopped auto-canceled nairs to fsmash, u-smash, f-tilt, grab, or rest also ****.

hyper-shield the first laser or the rest are a b***h

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
if falco is fvcking you up with lasers, you can shield and wavedash oout and keep shielding, if he goes to grab you, it will be obvious, and you can spotdodge and CC-rest the grab. nair OoS works well too.
rolling behind him while he lasers is also good, but only once in awhile, or else he'll catch on you'll get rollechased/f-smashed.
Mhmm, I have to WD around a lot more, I've found that I don't WD almost ever with Puff. Nair OoS is nice indeed, but usually Falcos dair ***** it or shine gets there first.

i have the same problems as you f8. i just get so pissed when the falco just stands there and lasers, usually i don't care cause they stop eventually, but when they literally just stand there and shl, gah... sometimes i cant even jump OoS due to the lasers.
but full-hopped auto-canceled nairs to fsmash, u-smash, f-tilt, grab, or rest also ****.

hyper-shield the first laser or the rest are a b***h
omg I hate them @_@

It's like /lightshield "They'll stop soon right!?... pew pew pew pew pew pew~~~"

Honestly, thanks to Mango's last bit of advice I was able to get over a large part of Falco's pressure game, float over the laser spam and drop Nairs ontop of him. :) But YS is so tight and squeezed that if he's pew pew'ing below a platform I can't really get to him too well.

Edit; Yeah, my powershielding is usually decent, I should remember to use it... lol.

i can rest falcos

when they dair my

shield

ask shiz

=D
lmao

Well I thought you could only do so when they mess up, but looks like I was wrong. ^^
I must just not have the timing for it. I'll try tweaking my timing a bit. Thanks Mango. :D<3

-

I'll be playing a lot this weekend against my friend's Falco and a few others, so hopefully I can get a vid or two of how my Puff does against the pressure and drop it off here.

Mango & Puff boards are 2helpful. :)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
well if they hit ur top shield with dair

then it should be a rest unless they spaced it

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Ah, okay. And I'm guessing since all he does is Dairshine my shield that he'll be in close enough for the rest to hit.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Just watch mango's play style evolve while m2k's devolves:

What was the name of that cali tournament?:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaZxz1YhuA0&feature=related

Pound 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yknjDeTCOJo

RoM: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSjPMnuZi4

something that really stuck out to me was a certain edge guard I know you tried at SC4 set (i think that was the cali tournament) but didn't really execute correctly was used as the first kill in the pound 3 video. If anyone knows what im talking about...link?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Double Stick techs<3

Saves my *** all the time. ^_^

Any Puff that doesn't use it yet should definitely check it out.

idea

Smash Master
lol, i played vanz's young link in a friendly at RoM. he said it was his jiggs counter. basically i just avoided the projectiles and his upair and hit him with aerials...especially bair. and edgeguarding is probably important in that matchup...it's important in all matchups, so why not =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom