• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
darc should go to the nanuet tourney and him, mango and hbox should do a three-for-all to determine the best puff.
whovever gets the most rests wins.

PB&J

Smash Hero
fox vs falco is even unless final d but if u dont know the match up well falco can **** u..and fox vs marth is not even ..ask m2k its in fox's favor..u have to grab to win..and thats not always easy...anyway so mango are u pretty pumped for next week..i am going son get hyped...hbox ,me ,chaddd,cornel,marsfool,colbol,dashizwiz,qdvs,rock crock, and frmes will rep the south son..get ready..oh and im from ny if people didn know yet

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
alright, after consulting sdm's frame data (thanks meta), i can confirm that this works:

roll on top of marth as he fsmashes, and you can rest him in the lag of it.

jigglypuff's roll: 34 frames, can move again at frame 35, rest gives + 1 frame = 36 frames
marth's fsmash: 49 frames, IASA frame 48

so you actually have 12 frames of leniency here. it's incredibly situational, of course, since you can't very well keep rolling on top of a good marth, but it's really fun to hit them with.
Roll as in L/R + Analog stick to the side?

idea

Smash Master
probably not. i roll just as he's about to fsmash.

that's why it's so situational, you essentially have to guess =P

on the other hand, they're never gonna be expecting a jigglypuff to roll right at them, so you probably won't be punished if they just don't fsmash (lol). if they do see you being completely vulnerable by rolling around for no apparent reason, you're still ijgglypuff. they'll get two hits off on you, three tops.

idea

Smash Master
^ yeah, or that. marths seem to be pretty predictable with fsmash anyway. at a certain % they'll either start throwing it out randomly, try to grab you then fsmash, or not use it at all because they're being careful. the last one is stupid and i hate it.

platiepoos

Smash Apprentice
That's weird. Says so on your AiB profile. It's supposedly Ken's bday too. :o

So Brawl was gonna come out on your birthday? That's some bad juju right there.

Are there any characters that Jiggs can do an unescapable dthrow>rest?

idea

Smash Master
sheik with bad DI at low percent

marth probably not even with bad DI at low percent, but maybe <10. dthrow him in the middle of battlefield/dreamland/yoshi's and you can techchase him on a platform though.

(same with sheik, come to think of it, i just don't grab sheiks as much. or maybe that's just kirbykaze...****ing spacing)

if fox with bad DI, then probably falco too, but yeah, no point

maybe dk or ganondorf at low %. fatties.

and...anyone on the green greens blocks =P

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I need general tips against Link. What moves should I generally use and which moves should I not be using at all? I know Nair > Rest works on everyone including Link. Crouching under Link to a Rest is also relatively easy, and U-Tilt Rest works. But what do I do if I get a grab? And I need some edgeguarding tips. I just Bair them in the head when they're using their ^B.

BlueFoxXT

Smash Journeyman
I need general tips against Link. What moves should I generally use and which moves should I not be using at all? I know Nair > Rest works on everyone including Link. Crouching under Link to a Rest is also relatively easy, and U-Tilt Rest works. But what do I do if I get a grab? And I need some edgeguarding tips. I just Bair them in the head when they're using their ^B.

try dthrow on the stage, I don't play links often or anything but, that's what you do to Marth. Link's recovery is tricky to gimp if you aren't used to it, so are aggressive and catch him with fairs before he starts recovering, push em as far as you can.

If he is recovering with the chain, try rising fairs until he runs into them.

EDIT: Also, if you bair him in the head, and you're landing it, keep bairing his head. Nice and far. If he comes above the ledge with his ^B, crouch cancel the hits, and fsmash that Hyrule punk

You got this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom