• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
At high level (and if they know the matchup) all top tiers destroy jigglypuff.

PB&J

Smash Hero
At high level (and if they know the matchup) all top tiers destroy jigglypuff.
false statement..most of them are scared of puff these days..but fox ***** puff just read her and get a grab and thats it but ... people get so scared of puff sometimes they beat themselves and this is at high level play

Tero.

Smash Champion
false statement..most of them are scared of puff these days
lol

def not false
and they are scared because there are good puff players these days, not because of puff herself, most players dont know the puff MU good enough tho

Binx

Smash Master
Thank you!

Honestly guys the troubles I have with Fox are things like weak nair to upsmash or laser spam to up smash.

With Marth is more of a spacing game, I can be very patient, with Fox he can force me to approach him and take advantage of the lack of speed. It also doesn't help that I'm not sure how the match up works from Jiggs perspective.

idea

Smash Master
well maybe the marth's you play arent so good lol
idk i just thought because of his tippers and stuff it was more then foxes upsmash/uair/upthrow
if marth fsmashes, and you roll onto him just as he uses it, you can rest him out of this. i swear it works but i haven't tested it yet. looks sooo stupid.

definitely fox harder than marth though.

Thank you!

Honestly guys the troubles I have with Fox are things like weak nair to upsmash or laser spam to up smash.

With Marth is more of a spacing game, I can be very patient, with Fox he can force me to approach him and take advantage of the lack of speed. It also doesn't help that I'm not sure how the match up works from Jiggs perspective.
okay, in my experience...

nair good, bair good, fair better. play 1) trying to intercept their movement, 2) trying to get rests, and/or 3) trying to get gimp kills.

1) fair, basically. nair and bair for mixups. this part i just kind of make up as i go and anyone else posting will have something else to say.

2) uptilt, upair, nair, dair (sort of), upthrow, upthrow upair, upthrow techchase, upthrow upair techchase, just plain techchase, ****ing dthrow techcase...roll prediction, recovery prediction (lol i rested raynex as he landed on stage with a firefox this weekend)

3) ask hungrybox. hit them with things/fair offstage a bunch.

haha, why did i make a numbered list?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
If you're trying to get some edge gimps, what's the best way into baiting/forcing them to the edge?
You can't bait a pro fox. They will just camp you.

You have to approach fox with a nair, and when you have an open spot you have to grab him and throw him to the edge. He will either tech and roll right back to you or tech at the edge. You can punish either.

Bair is REALLY good against marth. Not so much fox...you should use nair for fox.

GSUB

Smash Lord
false statement..most of them are scared of puff these days..but fox ***** puff just read her and get a grab and thats it but ... people get so scared of puff sometimes they beat themselves and this is at high level play
this is perfectly stated.

no wonder king always wins.

he's already intimidating in the first place.

Binx

Smash Master
You can't bait a pro fox. They will just camp you.

You have to approach fox with a nair, and when you have an open spot you have to grab him and throw him to the edge. He will either tech and roll right back to you or tech at the edge. You can punish either.

Bair is REALLY good against marth. Not so much fox...you should use nair for fox.
Okay thats probably where I go wrong, I use bairs vs fox and he was upsmashing me out of them or just getting away all together, or sneaking stuff in between them, I just thought it was because he was predicting me too well, or because I was miss-spacing attacks, I didn't know it was because it was a poor move choice vs him all together.

I can gimp him pretty well off the edge, thats not where I was having problems.

idea

Smash Master
In other words, space and make sure you don't get hit while pressuring them to the side? If so, how would you pressure a Fox? He's way too fast.
vs. fox i really just try to hit them at all, and go from there. if i can go for rest combos i do, but with really good foxes i tend more toward techchasing and edgeguarding cause it seems to work better. so uh...i suppose i don't push foxes toward the edge on purpose, but rather try to hit them with anything i can, and know that eventually they have to either die or end up at an edge. stages are only so big anyway, you're never all that far from the sides.

Okay thats probably where I go wrong, I use bairs vs fox and he was upsmashing me out of them or just getting away all together, or sneaking stuff in between them, I just thought it was because he was predicting me too well, or because I was miss-spacing attacks, I didn't know it was because it was a poor move choice vs him all together.

I can gimp him pretty well off the edge, thats not where I was having problems.
it is kind of bad to rely too heavily on bairs with fox...but then it's bad to rely on anything too heavily. you really have to mix it up vs. fox, he's just a better character overall =P

what i find with foxes is that you kind of have to intercept their movement. they're too fast for you to be the real aggressor, so you have to find ways to get around their speed and sex kicks and stuff. fair and nair both stay out for a while and have pretty good range, so they're better for this purpose than the shorter-lasting bair.

but don't think in the middle of the match "oh, ****, better stop using bair" cause it's not like it's completely useless.

Binx

Smash Master
I think I have an idea of what to do now. I'm gonna start faking with empty hops into dj fairs or nairs, and sometimes land and grab, among other things, but I think that mix-up should help even it out a bit. He doesn't beat me all that bad right now but its the only match I don't really win many of at all.

I don't think my jiggs is tourney ready but its fun to practice in friendlies, and maybe for teams as well. Jiggs in teams is mainly a stock tank correct?

Tero.

Smash Champion
I don't think my jiggs is tourney ready but its fun to practice in friendlies, and maybe for teams as well. Jiggs in teams is mainly a stock tank correct?
Jiggs in teams is grab rest

idea

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure i'm going

so yay we can finally play
i'm guessing he'd go fox or falcon.

What would you guys suggest as a good character against Fox? Other than Fox/Marth.
falco, sheik. it's debatable how good the top tiers are against fox. i hear sometimes that falco has a slight advantage, and sheik has a slight disadvantage, but i don't think either is enough to outweigh personal preference. sheik is easier to play for sure. abuse priority, techchase, needles, edgeguard with bair.

it's not impossible with jiggs, though. skill with your main > base power of broken character. well, for everyone above low tier <_<

Binx

Smash Master
You can fight Fox with any of the top 4, gone are the days when anyone else counters him haha, I remember back when people though Mario and Fox were even XD

idea

Smash Master
and then someone must have realized "oh, you just hold this stick here away from him when he hits you, and press this other stick up when he's not hitting you"

Tero.

Smash Champion
55:45 Falco or maybe 50:50 not more tho

uuuh demo kirby is raaaape

idea

Smash Master
alright, after consulting sdm's frame data (thanks meta), i can confirm that this works:

roll on top of marth as he fsmashes, and you can rest him in the lag of it.

jigglypuff's roll: 34 frames, can move again at frame 35, rest gives + 1 frame = 36 frames
marth's fsmash: 49 frames, IASA frame 48

so you actually have 12 frames of leniency here. it's incredibly situational, of course, since you can't very well keep rolling on top of a good marth, but it's really fun to hit them with.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No, he's gonna go Falcon and JV 3-stock him.

you think i'm kidding? mango's got this, it doesn't matter what character he uses ^ ^
mew2king 2 stocked low percent beat darkain's falcon.
if mango went falcon he'd be an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom