• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
holy crap, i forgot your like mangos buddy bud bud, hbox your screwed
hbox goes even with colbol so i think it wont be to tuff..people forget how good fl spacies are..its kinda funny..but i think hbox vs lucky would be really good since they both now each match up kinda well..but just because u beat x doesnt mean u beat y , so we will see at genesis..wish u guys were going to final round 12 or herb

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol so hungrybox gonna play me?

n dair ***** if they dont di it right since you can do a couple things after if the puff dosnt know what to do. . im not tellin u guys what though cuz you all play puff lol

idea

Smash Master
of that list the hardest for jiggs are fox/falcon
i'd say marth is is harder than falcon and that falcon is even. you're just good against marths
=P

not that sure about falcon, actually, but they can mess each other up pretty bad.

fox is like 7-3 i'd say.

haha, what's easiest? dk? or maybe someone like yoshi...

idea

Smash Master
are you SURE you're not just playing bad marths? i mean, if they play kind of campy and are careful off the edge, it's really hard for jiggs to do anything. edgeguarding is pretty much all you have...

Binx

Smash Master
Most Marth's fair predictably enough to take advantage, same with Nair cause it doesn't have enough range, neither character has a projectile, Marth is faster though so he has a small advantage, but he can't combo puff, and she can *sometimes* combo him enough to make up for it. Neither character can very effectively edgeguard the other at decent levels of play. I'd say it's in Marth's favor but not by a ton.

I personally have the most trouble with Fox, weak nairs to other stuff wreck me. Also, I'm not sure what to do out of grabs, lately its just uthrow to platform tech chase rest, without a platform though I don't know how to take advantage =)

idea

Smash Master
Most Marth's fair predictably enough to take advantage, same with Nair cause it doesn't have enough range, neither character has a projectile, Marth is faster though so he has a small advantage, but he can't combo puff, and she can *sometimes* combo him enough to make up for it. Neither character can very effectively edgeguard the other at decent levels of play. I'd say it's in Marth's favor but not by a ton.

I personally have the most trouble with Fox, weak nairs to other stuff wreck me. Also, I'm not sure what to do out of grabs, lately its just uthrow to platform tech chase rest, without a platform though I don't know how to take advantage =)
mostly i agree on marth...but you have to think of the matchup in terms of players who don't make poor decisions =P they also have fthrow fsmash.

vs. fox...if they're DIing the upthrow a lot you could try dthrow techchase to stuff...or upthrow to things that aren't rest. upthrow to a bunch of upairs is good too. although i'd try to get a rest in if i've already hit a fastfaller with an upair.

uptilt/upair to rest or combos work on fox too. uptilts are hard since you have to not be in the air, but upairs can be worked in between floaty bair spacing pretty easily. and uptilts can come after nairs.

really, there are lots of things you can do, but if the fox doesn't suck most of them won't work =(

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah I play good players, so basically after an uthrow I can maybe get a fair, usually the percent is sort of low when I get a grab so its hard to follow up with up attacks, I need to play Jiggs more to get a better feel for it.

The people I play really prefer to play against characters that they have an easier time comboing, and I want them to have fun too so I most play fast fallers or Marth in friendlies.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
are you SURE you're not just playing bad marths?
Just ask yourself how many good marths are in FL and how many good Falcons are in FL....then repeat question for all of South.

I am pretty sure......you will find your answer.
FL is definitely not overflowing with any of those characters, but at least QDVS plays Marth....I don't know any actual Falcon mains.....Derf if he still plays should just stick to Falcon.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I've just started with jiggly. Well actually I've just started with melee in general :p. ANyway my question are: What is the most convenient way to do Uthrow>Rest? A single or a double jump? Immediately after you launched him or wait a second? My second question is: what aerials are absolutely vital to Lcancel? I know about Dair but are there other ones? Thanks.

PB&J

Smash Hero
dark crono is actually a beast..and falcon ***** puff up air combos for the win and he is too fast.juan diego come to ga punk

idea

Smash Master
I've just started with jiggly. Well actually I've just started with melee in general :p. ANyway my question are: What is the most convenient way to do Uthrow>Rest? A single or a double jump? Immediately after you launched him or wait a second? My second question is: what aerials are absolutely vital to Lcancel? I know about Dair but are there other ones? Thanks.
- jump right away, past a certain % you'll have to double jump, but i usually find it easier to double jump anyway
- l-cancel all aerials, for everyone. you COULD autocancel bair or nair well enough...but definitely know the l-cancel timing anyway, it'll come up.

I've gathered that M2K doesn't really know how to play against Jiggz
that and he hates it. they're probably related. i'm not sure how much he'd be bothered by camping to that extent. although he could probably go fox, he said he mains fox/marth/sheik now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom