• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hey Mango, I'm spamming dsmash, am i playing puff right?

dsmash is a nice edge guard move it hits down LOL not bad

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I only use it against falcons recovery

and against foxes and falcos when i can

predict there angles

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i had a hard time in a puff ditto today because my opponent was spamming dsmash more effecively than me

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Theres only like 2 times u would roll

1.after you tek.. they never c it coming

2.When there doing shield pressure

rolling = trash

HOW TO NOT DO IT completly ...

i dunno

think about how u could get punished

=D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
if i am spamming dair with ic's against your puff, how will you beat it?

(i really spam dair against puff)

i think pound and cc beats it but thats boring

i ate cc fsmash from brandon

but brandon is ranked 6th in norcal theres no way i can possible beat him

i'd rather beat off

MaNg0

Smash Hero
we would have 2 play for like 1 hour

and everytime u roll i promise ill punish you

=D

i eat **** rolls for breakfast

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna play you Peach wif my Puff

MaNg0, how do I do proper spacing against Falcon nairs.

I lost my MM with DSF on FD cuz he used Nair priority when he was at high percent to bide his time til I eventually

opened up for a grab. :(

PB&J

Smash Hero
mango i want to go to cali a week before genesis..u should house me and stuff for we can have fun..show me cali..have fun..get ***** by nana..get more footage of whoever is ther more interviews...get a free shirt from me of my new clothing line...um u get the pic..

i just want my first cali experience to be fun.. plus literally i will make like a mini movie on the life of mango..how great would that be....call me im me pm me text me...yeah..i really want to go as u can see

aim-itsgotabetheshoe

phone-631-484-0733

hit me up son

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well mango's not the only one with answers

he just answers them in a concise, intelligent (yet somehow seemingly unintelligent) way

sometiems i forget that he's a high school kid and i'm a college student

cuz he's so much bigger and better than me/us

yayuhz oh well

im just a chudat wannabe

maining ics in melee and kirby in brawl

self trolling?

Lovage

Smash Hero
mangos advice sucks
he gives u like 2 sentences on how to fix your game
and then like 6 months later it all makes sense

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I'm gonna play you Peach wif my Puff

MaNg0, how do I do proper spacing against Falcon nairs.

I lost my MM with DSF on FD cuz he used Nair priority when he was at high percent to bide his time til I eventually

opened up for a grab. :(
LOL @ mango "ima hbox you" haha

um

i'm not mango, but can I give advice?

Nair that ***** right back. use the forward nair, the one where the tip of jiggs' oddly shaped toe hits him.

IF NOT,

try aiming your hard shield against his nairs and then sh nair or fair.

Fair ***** falcon. I mean, ****. Bair is...risky...falcon can nair **** your bair. So hbox is :(

BUT, in all generallity, go for an early rest against a falcon, preferrably crouch next to his sheild and then RANDOMLY uptilit (or utilt twice) to REST. A falcon with a stock less than you will either go MAAAAAD and play so agressive they fly off the edge and you can GRAVITY ARSON **** them, or they go continuosuly for nair or dair to lead into a combo.

Down smash on falcon...thats like chris Browning a wild Rihanna.

but careful....good ones will tech it.

IN THAT CASE,

do the nasty dash attack! Jiggs has one of the best dash attacks. Its SEX MAN good.

.......hope it helped!

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn...t/uploads/2008/12/professor_layton_boxart.jpg

idea

Smash Master
haha, nair beats peach. and when she figures out you're spamming nair, start spamming bair.

other reliable ways to rest falcon - falling upair, nair to uptilt (nair beats a lot of his moves =P). and yeah, fair him a lot. fair is a great way of taking up the space he must move into in order to fight you.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
haha, nair beats peach. and when she figures out you're spamming nair, start spamming bair.

other reliable ways to rest falcon - falling upair, nair to uptilt (nair beats a lot of his moves =P). and yeah, fair him a lot. fair is a great way of taking up the space he must move into in order to fight you.
Is nair going to out-prioritize or trade hits?

idea

Smash Master
i dunno. probably outprioritize some and just...be faster than others. wouldn't beat knee, but...i dunno about nair or upair. i just know that if you nair at a falcon it often works =P

idea

Smash Master
lol, i forgot to talk about peach. i think with her, the idea is to nair and then end up far away from her, and her high heels will slow her down too much for her to be able to retaliate. although if she's already in the air and spacing things at you, then probably just bair would be better. honestly, though, i don't know the matchup very well =P

and for falcon...k, good to know. the falcons i play don't seem to nair or upair me much. but they also don't suck. weird.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Ok for some reason I haven't been here in a while soo;

with jiggs, try working in wavelanding first. it comes more naturally, say to move away after hitting their shield with aerials. then wd once you're used to that.

also, just in general. use empty hop. i'm told it's horrifying, having jiggs jump and not even try to hit you. =D mindgames.

and do stuff like, jump at them, do nothing, waveland back...and wait. for some reason this will seem to the other person to be the perfect opportunity to attack. of course, don't only do that, cause then you're just camping them and that's boring.

lol i've only started doing ^ recently and it works so well
Idea is too good. :D Thanks.

Theres only like 2 times u would roll

1.after you tek.. they never c it coming

2.When there doing shield pressure

rolling = trash

HOW TO NOT DO IT completly ...

i dunno

think about how u could get punished

=D
Ahh ***, I've noticed that I roll a LOT with Puff. Like at low % or when I get shielded, it's always Diagonal Fair -> Roll or Bair -> Roll. :( I really need to get rid of that habit somehow.

i eat **** rolls for breakfast
LMFAO

BUT, in all generallity, go for an early rest against a falcon, preferrably crouch next to his sheild and then RANDOMLY uptilit (or utilt twice) to REST. A falcon with a stock less than you will either go MAAAAAD and play so agressive they fly off the edge and you can GRAVITY ARSON **** them, or they go continuosuly for nair or dair to lead into a combo.

IN THAT CASE,

do the nasty dash attack! Jiggs has one of the best dash attacks. Its SEX MAN good.

.......hope it helped!
LMFAO chris browning. All this advice is way 2good. :):):)

idea

Smash Master
Ahh ***, I've noticed that I roll a LOT with Puff. Like at low % or when I get shielded, it's always Diagonal Fair -> Roll or Bair -> Roll. :( I really need to get rid of that habit somehow.
lol, yeah, don't roll. even with fast characters it's bad, but jigglypuff...:(
i checked the frame data, and during the average character's roll, you're only invincible for about 1/4 of the frames. you're vulnerable right at the beginning for a few, then invincible for 1/4 or so of the total, then vulnerable for a while after that.

Peach's Fair seems very good against Jigglypuff when they're spacing it.
it is reasonably good, but don't base that just off of yesterday, cause i was being impatient.

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
LOL @ mango "ima hbox you" haha

um

i'm not mango, but can I give advice?

Nair that ***** right back. use the forward nair, the one where the tip of jiggs' oddly shaped toe hits him.

IF NOT,

try aiming your hard shield against his nairs and then sh nair or fair.

Fair ***** falcon. I mean, ****. Bair is...risky...falcon can nair **** your bair. So hbox is :(

IN THAT CASE,

.......hope it helped!

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn...t/uploads/2008/12/professor_layton_boxart.jpg

That's the problem. I can't rest him and he knows it. I can rest every character he plays but

his Falcon which makes like no sense cuz Falcon's usually my favorite matchup with Puff.

I will try more uptilt tho. He grabs a lot and sounds like usefull punishment if I crouch it and

am out of range for the crouch rest

idea

Smash Master
against falcon you just have so many options. if you crouch under his grab, you could grab him, uptilt him, fsmash him...and have you tried falling upairs for getting rests?

sometimes you can beat falcon's aerials with uptilt =P the poor guy has so little priority. if they dair too early, uptilt them...that works often enough.

if you still can't rest him at all, get him offstage and don't let him back on. for that, fair a lot...you don't even have to aim, really, just fair kind of in front and above of him without letting him grab you in his up-b.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom