• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaDWaK

Smash Journeyman
Mangos best mindgame is the holding neutral B and attempting to hit people with it. its so random that it actually works.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Well since there hasn't been much discussion here recently... >_>

I have a problem Uthrow Resting Fox sometimes. I've had my friend avoid a few rests at < 100% by jumping out, and even shining me once. ><; And less than an hour ago, a level 9 cpu Dair'd me out of it at the high 60%'s. I asked my friend how the hell he was DI'ing considering I Uthrow'd and he went straight up, not to the left or right, and he said he DI'd straight up while mashing jump.

I thought without left/right DI Uthrow Rest was inescapable till about 115% on Fox? Is it maybe that I'm not jumping/double jumping high enough before the rest? I rarely ever miss on a Falco, so idk...

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I can't really help with uthrow rest... but at percents higher than 80, it gets really hard to uthrow rest, so just use another throw?

idea

Smash Master
you're probably screwing up the timing.

also, sometimes people DI slightly left or right to make you think they didn't DI, and you'll miss...so watch for that. the hitbox is tiny.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
you're probably screwing up the timing.

also, sometimes people DI slightly left or right to make you think they didn't DI, and you'll miss...so watch for that. the hitbox is tiny.
Yeahh, I thought it was just me fuxxin up.

Ooh, tricky.

I hate when I miss the Uthrow Rest. >< Sometimes it'll have that akward timing where you have to double jump and then immediately slide your finger over to DownB to catch them. Screws me up once in a while. :p

idea

Smash Master
oh, right, i have a question too. does anyone know the uptilt-rest or upair-rest percentages on marth?

it's not the only move i use, i swear =P but that matchup is so patient and irritating and i'd like to end it faster. and it surprised me at ROM when mango upair rested m2k's marth in winner's finals, at something like 30%...i didn't think it would work at that percent, but he was being so careful with his rests that tourney, so i assume it does.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I don't know the percentages, but up tilt-> rest only works if they DI badly, and it doesn't work past mid percents. uair is a lot more reliable.... once again, I didn't answer your question LOL.

idea

Smash Master

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
okay, these ones are pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG8fnVH6oj0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbzV_seFuQM&feature=related

both are me vs. summonedfist. feel free to give advice, but if there's something i'm very obviously doing wrong, i probably noticed and just didn't bother fixing it =P these weren't overly serious matches...at least not on my part, i can't speak for the other guy.
IDEA HAS VIDS YAY :D

I like the way your Puff moves... I WANT MINE TO MOVE LIKE THAT D:
**** me and my akward Puff.

You look very cautious with your rests... and yeah these are deff friendlies lmao.
So much death by Uair and Usmash @_@

Nice firefox -> rest in the second one XD

idea

Smash Master
just before this, i got dthrow to dthrow to dthrow to rest, all techchases, 0 to death on yoshi's story. AND IT WASN'T RECORDED!

idea

Smash Master
he always seemed to jump out of it when i used to go for upair rests. and i know i'm not bad at that combo cause it's how i usually rest people =P

Cia

das kwl
so.. i just discovered that most people have no idea what you do when puff just rains on your shield w/ spaced Fairs.

i'd tell them.. but it's too much fun :rotfl:

Cia

das kwl
I think Fair is her best too. Nair is Pretty close though.. so. i don't know. it's a trade off really. Each one is better at certain times.

Uair is by far my favorite because it's like.. she waves to the crowd and signals that she's going to follow up with Rest.. LOL

oh.. and i emphasized spaced Fairs meaning they'd be pretty difficult to punish since i'm spacing them. Sure, there are better aerials, but retreating Fair is pretty gay

:colorful:

btw Mango, you MIGHT have to MM M2K for me :rotfl:

dudutsai

Smash Lord
What do you guys think of the rollout??
I use it a lot and it gets me lots of kills, but I understand it's really bad. Should I even bother using it to get kills, or should I just start working it out of my playstyle entirely?

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Okay... stupid question time.

I bair... a lot. So my approach is usually;
SHbair. If it connects, attempt Bair WOP. If shielded, utilt.
FH double bair/space bairs... of course moving forward and then fading back, double jump, second bair, etc
Fair I find hard to follow up sometimes, but I do it anywaysss. Just more fairs and jabbing shields?
Space Nairs occasionally... honestly I need to Nair a looot more, it's too good.

I feel like my approach is terrible sometimes... any ideas on what to do different from the above ^?
I get ***** OoS :/

I can repost my only Puff vid but it's a stupid match, and doesn't show too much. T_T

Edit: After playing a lot of Falco, I'm used to having the shine cover my *** when my aerials get shielded and such.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Okay... stupid question time.

I bair... a lot. So my approach is usually;
SHbair. If it connects, attempt Bair WOP. If shielded, utilt.
FH double bair/space bairs... of course moving forward and then fading back, double jump, second bair, etc
Fair I find hard to follow up sometimes, but I do it anywaysss. Just more fairs and jabbing shields?
Space Nairs occasionally... honestly I need to Nair a looot more, it's too good.

I feel like my approach is terrible sometimes... any ideas on what to do different from the above ^?
I get ***** OoS :/

I can repost my only Puff vid but it's a stupid match, and doesn't show too much. T_T

Edit: After playing a lot of Falco, I'm used to having the shine cover my *** when my aerials get shielded and such.
Nooooo.
If they shield it, space away so they can't do anything from there.
Also Fair >>>> Bair.

idea

Smash Master
hmm...if you're getting ***** out of shield then you might be too close to the opponent after hitting their shield. maybe space bair further away? it goes really far X_X way farther than you'd expect.

and i agree, fair > bair =D it's like nair + bair. use fair more. <----complete jibberish to a non-smasher

other than that, i think i'd need something more specific.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Nooooo.
If they shield it, space away so they can't do anything from there.
Also Fair >>>> Bair.
Okay, responses like that are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.^^

hmm...if you're getting ***** out of shield then you might be too close to the opponent after hitting their shield. maybe space bair further away? it goes really far X_X way farther than you'd expect.
Ah really? Definitely gonna try that.

and i agree, fair > bair =D it's like nair + bair. use fair more. <----complete jibberish to a non-smasher

other than that, i think i'd need something more specific.
lmfaooo smash language ftw.

I'm dying to make some vids so I can get some hard critiques, but honestly...

My friends are too lazy to hold the camera. :(

LMFAO what a terrible excuse. True tho. I need a capture card. -_-

Can I have your autograph?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom