• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB&J

Smash Hero
its almost the same for icy's mains too but i dont really main ivy's anymore...hbox is beast he beasted on sat..cant wait til genesis for all the hype to finally be here

dudutsai

Smash Lord
I lol'd at both of these. Yeahh the crowd noise wasn't much of an issue, it was awesome to hear everyone freak after a rest, or hear my friend scream at me after a good survival DI.

But yeah all that stuff aside...

My spacing has gotten so much better, yay. I almost broke someone's shield with Bair camping. ^_^

A quick question though... I'm sure you guys know how Roy can kill Puff at 0% with reverse UpB on smaller maps... is this any real threat?
Since Roy sucks so bad I'm gonna guess not?

My friend unexpectedly 3stocked me with Roy XD But I 2-3'd him back, no worries. ^_^
(Killed me at 17% tho T_T)
If your stupid and mispace your aerials he can do it oos.
If he shields your fsmash he can do it easily.

If you miss a rest your dead

But to compensate for these things, you can combo roy into rest SUPER EASILY

Plus he can't really space

It's supposed to be 50-50 but I think its in Puff's favor

idea

Smash Master
roy sucks. don't worry about him. if you happen to fight a really good one, be more careful than usual...which shouldn't be too bad, most characters have to play that way against a puff anyway.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Idea, is Afro Chris uploading anymore of those tournament videos? I would love to see some PKMVodka Jiggs. Also, who took out Kage, and at which point?

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I see. I saw the GF matches already. Awesome stuff from RaynEX... So intelligent with the game. And its RaynEX that took out Kage.

Also, who was in your pools?

soap

Smash Hero
so i was thinking of picking up jigglypuff

and i decided to check out the jiggs boards

u guys have no threads :embarrass

what is some cool stuff to practice with this thing?

idea

Smash Master
bair

and...fair

and upthings to rest. and shield to rest.

and you know that irritating edgeguarding? with jiggs you can do that to other people.

soap

Smash Hero
hmm, i know about that stuff. I was talking about random trixies and the like, and tricky float patterns for approaching or whatever.

ill have to do this the old fashioned way, watch vids and make **** up

idea

Smash Master
oh, okay. off the top of my head...

- attack near them but not at them. kind of like sheik's nair. you just let the priority do its work =D any videos of hungrybox show this really well, cause he always throws out bairs near people but not right at them, until he's hit them once and is comboing.
- if marth fsmashes, you have a 12-frame window in which you can roll on top of him and rest him in the lag. (actually, jiggs can do lots of stuff surprisingly fast out of her roll and techroll...like crouch...under people's grabs...)
- if you upthrow a fox or falco below a platform, upair them, and when they fall from that and hit the platform they'll probably miss the tech, and you can rest. for some reason people miss this tech very often. i guess you'd have to ask a spacies main why. maybe they're trying to time the tech for the upthrow alone?
- floating back and forth = aerial dash dancing
- edgeguard with fair, generally, keeping in mind that jiggs is kind of slow. you can't just grab the ledge and bair like with sheik, you could miss =P
- wavedashing is actually pretty useful...say if you hit their shield, land behind them, and want to get away from them before they can hit you. she's crouching while she wds so it sometimes feels better than jumping again.
- if you're trying to hit with falling upair, try using it as your second aerial rather than jumping right at them with it (since it doesn't really cover you well if they jump out with ultra top-tier aerials). so for example, bair, hit their shield, float behind them and upair (without having to jump again). and if that hits their shield too, i dunno, that's when you start making stuff up. sometimes i uptilt at that point. or you could try grabbing.
- oh yeah, that reminds me - when fox or falco jump at you with an aerial, sometimes you can wd away, then back toward them a little (where they missed) and grab. this makes more sense in videos.

haha, that wasn't really the top of my head. i think i just didn't want to get back to my essay too soon. also i might try to learn sheik soon.

oh yeah, and anyone else here correct me if i'm wrong about any of that =P

Binx

Smash Master
Umm Jiggs is a really strait forward character, just space fairs and bairs and nairs, remember nairs auto cancel, mix WoP's with short hop nairs and stuff, empty short hops fast falled to grab is ****.

Most times you could shine a person as Fox you can rest them with Jiggs, its just riskier, so just learn when you can hop out of shield with it. The hitbox for rest is right about between her eyes and is retardedly small.

I basically just watched a handfull of Mango vids and Hbox vids, oh and The King did basically everything Jiggs can do also. You can safely use rollout on some characters on mute city during certain parts of the track. (>^_^)>

soap

Smash Hero
roll into a rest, i will remember that.

I was practicing and kept trying to wavedash out of my down B. Its all that shine muscle memory

Tamoo

Smash Master
OK, quick question you guys
Whats the best way to deal with Captain Falcons,
Its just that I have virtually no match up experience against him apart from my friends feeble attempts to be 'manly' or whatever, and it looks like a lot of the top players in the UK are starting to pick him up.

idea

Smash Master
ooh i like that matchup =)

uptilt-rest. uptilt beats his moves now and then, but reliably beats dair, and he's right above you when he uses that.
upair rest. cause he's heavy.

you can duck under his grab. falcons grab a lot.

pressure him a lot if you can, cause what is falcon gonna do out of shield? but if he has space to run around, be careful, cause knee is good. dthrow-knee works on you too, so watch out for that, but if he mistimes it you can rest him out of his dthrow =P i keep forgetting to do that.

spacing bairs works, big surprise there <_<

edgeguarding is pretty easy cause his up-b is so predictable. grab the edge, when he goes onstage, rest...or bair if you wanna be safer. if he's recovering low, you can just jump out with fairs. it only gets trickier when he goes higher up and has a platform or something.

other than that...watch out for nair and upair, cause they can actually hit you with those. if rest isn't working, space stuff and edgeguard. if it is, you're probably winning (see sliq vs. darkrain =P).

hey, wait a sec. sliq, why don't you ever post here?

Sliq

Smash Master
OK cheers Idea, ill be sure to work these tips into my game

and that match was jokes, i didnt think sliq had a chance after that first match
Darkrains amazing and I'm simply above average. No reason why every match shouldn't be like the first match.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Falcon's dthrow is basically 50-50

If you don't DI at all, it's a very easy knee. What you gotta do is either DI away and down, or up and into him.

That way he has to guess correctly which one, because both ways require you to input commands immediately.
So just switch it up

I will say though, that if you DI down and away and he lands the first knee, it is easier for him to continue running and combo with a second or even third knee.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah, up to now, ive basically been diing up and towards on low percents, and down and away at higher percents, so i just wanted to make sure I wasn't diing it horribly wrong.

idea

Smash Master
with falcon i kind of guess. survival DI (up+toward him) seems to work better most of the time, since you're kind of awkwardly above his head.

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
****, every time i check my user cp, i always see that Idea has the last post on this thread...

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Not anymore LOL

Also I was thinking about it, and couldn't a faster falcon dash dance backwards when you DI up and towards and uair you? I haven't seen it, but I think it's possible....

It's probably better to DI up and towards anyway because mostly they will expect away and down

idea

Smash Master
i'm very talkative when people ask me direct questions =P

generally, falcon can hit you no matter where you di. there are probably some very low or very high percents where he can't, but pretty much expect him to be able to hit you if he reads it right.

but he still has to time it correctly after the throw. and falcons are used to moving horizontally...they don't have as much practice hitting things right above their head.

and yeah. they'll probably expect away and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom