• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah, i forgot to mention that...that after a fair you're facing the other character, giving you more options.

weird how few posts that thread got.

TheLake

Smash Master
hey mango you got a sister?

do you speak Portuguese?

working on making one of these little things for you since there is a m2k one

http://en.akinator.com/#

try to find zimmermen its funny picture they got of him :D
HOLY ****ING ****!

I thought "zelda" heh this guy will never...

O M G

too good
toooo good

Im maining puff for awhile *****es

get at me

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
put it on a table.
My cam doesn't have video zoom... so it would be in the way of the screen. :(

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=55162

My terminology wasn't exactly the best back when I wrote that, but the general idea has survived melee's evolution through the last few years... F-air still *****, lol.

King Out
omg it's King. o.o
That article was amazinggg, thanks for the read! :D

Late edit; random question...

How do you guys manage to get all those Utilt Rests? I think I've hit maybe 2 utilt rests ever and like 4 utilts ever X_X
I can never fit one in and connect.

_______ -> Utilt?

Later edit;
Idea... I see what you mean.

idea

Smash Master
you can actually hit with bair even when it doesn't look like it's touching the person. bair is also disjointed (right guys?).

utilt rest...i dunno, jump sooner? i think at some point it was difficult to learn anything-not-upthrow-to-rest cause i wasn't used to having to position myself horizontally. and you might not be jumping soon enough. try it on computer fox or falcon.

edit: maybe you're hitting with the wrong part of it. the top part and the far side often send them too far...it's the low part close to jiggs' body you want.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
If the character is a FFer and is under 15% or so (I have no idea what the percents are, this is just a guess), you can U-Tilt and let them fall, and not jump at all. Just rest standing.

Wow, King. That F-air post was amazing.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
you can actually hit with bair even when it doesn't look like it's touching the person. bair is also disjointed (right guys?).

utilt rest...i dunno, jump sooner? i think at some point it was difficult to learn anything-not-upthrow-to-rest cause i wasn't used to having to position myself horizontally. and you might not be jumping soon enough. try it on computer fox or falcon.

edit: maybe you're hitting with the wrong part of it. the top part and the far side often send them too far...it's the low part close to jiggs' body you want.
I think you misunderstood a bit. ^^ My problem is actually hitting the opponent with Utilt, not the Utilt -> Rest transition/combo. :p
Thanks anyways tho, I didn't know about the bottom of Jiggs' body being the ideal spot.

float diagonally

and use bairs

super disjoint :D

-hbox
lmao YES :D
Bairs ftw<333

If the character is a FFer and is under 15% or so (I have no idea what the percents are, this is just a guess), you can U-Tilt and let them fall, and not jump at all. Just rest standing.

Wow, King. That F-air post was amazing.
Truth, both parts of your post.

Also, once I Uair -> Rest'd at like 0% or something on Fox/Falco... you use Uair Rest like you were Falco using Dair Shine. Sillyness.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The best way to rest is by far the Jab -> get up animation to rest. Jiggly doesn't really have an exact move to set it up with. Sometimes nair, low pound, low % upairs, etc. But it is my favorite kind of rest.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
The best way to rest is by far the Jab -> get up animation to rest. Jiggly doesn't really have an exact move to set it up with. Sometimes nair, low pound, low % upairs, etc. But it is my favorite kind of rest.
But it's so hard. I don't even bother trying for it anymore and just fsmash instead

Worth learning or no?

idea

Smash Master
oh, uptilt...uhh...you kind of have to be tricky with it. nair uptilt works pretty well...or you could try it occasionally when you've hit someone's shield and landed behind them. i think that's when i usually go for it.

But it's so hard. I don't even bother trying for it anymore and just fsmash instead

Worth learning or no?
once you get it once it's hard to forget the timing. wait longer than you think you should...they have to stand up all the way. i think i usually get this by chance, or by nairing at them, hitting them and having them miss the tech...which doesn't happen often.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover

Worth learning or no?
Definately. It's not that hard. Practice vs lvl 1 computer or even a blank controller.

oh, uptilt...uhh...you kind of have to be tricky with it. nair uptilt works pretty well...or you could try it occasionally when you've hit someone's shield and landed behind them. i think that's when i usually go for it.
Thanks. ^_^

idea

Smash Master
so...someone wanna tell me what to do when a marth starts spamming wavedash-fsmash at you at high percents?

europhoria said once it hits my shield, to wavedash out of shield to grab...but wouldn't that only work if the marth spaced it poorly? seems like there should be a better way of dealing with it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
roll -> rest
i took two of these today cuz i was fsmashing at a puff. i was angry

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
so...someone wanna tell me what to do when a marth starts spamming wavedash-fsmash at you at high percents?

europhoria said once it hits my shield, to wavedash out of shield to grab...but wouldn't that only work if the marth spaced it poorly? seems like there should be a better way of dealing with it.
if he's not tipped you can get him with wd oos grab but you have to be kind of fast. or you can jump out of shield and rest him if he's misspaced. if you're fast i think you can nick his arm from surprisingly far away and kill him. i'm also about 80% sure you can jump out and fair him.

idea

Smash Master
roll -> rest
i took two of these today cuz i was fsmashing at a puff. i was angry
LOL YEAH i love doing that. really unreliable though. if you move around more while fsmashing they won't be able to get you with it that much =P

if he's not tipped you can get him with wd oos grab but you have to be kind of fast. or you can jump out of shield and rest him if he's misspaced. if you're fast i think you can nick his arm from surprisingly far away and kill him. i'm also about 80% sure you can jump out and fair him.
yeah, fair is usually what i go for...seems to not work as often as i'd like. maybe mike is just good at tipping fsmashes on my shield.

really, though, i should just be remembering i can rest marth out of that if he misspaces. once i get one of those they'll get all hesitant. but i keep forgetting about it for some reason.

stupid slow matchup.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
LOL YEAH i love doing that. really unreliable though. if you move around more while fsmashing they won't be able to get you with it that much =P
i'm pretty sure if they tip the only way it works is if you powershield it, since the hitstun is just too much if they tip.
otherwise I think it works.
you have to make sure to buffer the roll, though. :p

idea

Smash Master
oh, it works if you buffer roll too? i've just been rolling before/as they fsmash but not letting it hit my shield. i'll have to try this later today.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
O hai guise. Story time.

So today was an inschool SSBM tourney... me and my 3 cmopetitive level friends were mad excited... so we signed up... we go in, LOL @ the scrubs spamming stupid ****...

I go in first, against this random. He goes Samus I of course go Puff.

It starts, I'm feeling confident... but he manages to get the higher % on me... and the first KO. :(

I'm kinda worried now... the match progresses...
(Btw it was 3 stock 4 mins -_- scrubs)
I get 3 rests... 2 for the kill, 1 he screw attacks back... yeah he doesn't even know how to bomb jump...
We're both last stock high %... and... after saving myself like 5 times with insane DI... he kills me. T_T

I lost first round of a ****ing scrub tourney.

brb suicide.

So I'm kinda crushed. I mean the rules and everything was terrible but still... some random scrub beat my Puff!? Wtf T_T

So I shrug it off, and watch my friends go...

First, basically my mentor, PR goes up against the same Samus that beat me... he gets 1 stocked. @_@

The guy that 4stocks me daily... gets beat by a random scrub Samus. What the...

Okay so we're like T_T but we root for our other friend, K Coast... he goes Samus against a semi scrub... loses to Marth on Marth's Story.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Uh yeah so anyways... I'm DEFINATELY going to Apex after this. That was terrible. Please tell me there's a good Puff or 2 going to Apex!

Teach me how to not suck complete *** at this game. :(

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
O hai guise. Story time.

So today was an inschool SSBM tourney... me and my 3 cmopetitive level friends were mad excited... so we signed up... we go in, LOL @ the scrubs spamming stupid ****...

I go in first, against this random. He goes Samus I of course go Puff.

It starts, I'm feeling confident... but he manages to get the higher % on me... and the first KO. :(

I'm kinda worried now... the match progresses...
(Btw it was 3 stock 4 mins -_- scrubs)
I get 3 rests... 2 for the kill, 1 he screw attacks back... yeah he doesn't even know how to bomb jump...
We're both last stock high %... and... after saving myself like 5 times with insane DI... he kills me. T_T

I lost first round of a ****ing scrub tourney.

brb suicide.

So I'm kinda crushed. I mean the rules and everything was terrible but still... some random scrub beat my Puff!? Wtf T_T

So I shrug it off, and watch my friends go...

First, basically my mentor, PR goes up against the same Samus that beat me... he gets 1 stocked. @_@

The guy that 4stocks me daily... gets beat by a random scrub Samus. What the...

Okay so we're like T_T but we root for our other friend, K Coast... he goes Samus against a semi scrub... loses to Marth on Marth's Story.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Uh yeah so anyways... I'm DEFINATELY going to Apex after this. That was terrible. Please tell me there's a good Puff or 2 going to Apex!

Teach me how to not suck complete *** at this game. :(
i guess you guys aren't as good as you thought.

you're just really cocky.

idea

Smash Master
story time
LOL wow. that's pretty bad. try not to psyche yourselves out =P some noob tactics actually do work. like marth for instance. fsmash is really good. just look at azen. and i saw a match of drephen's marth where he did almost nothing but fsmash. and he almost won. and it was against darkrain! (this should still be on youtube btw)

1) maybe you really aren't as good as you thought =P but still almost certainly better than some people at your school.
2) when you started worrying after losing the first stock, that was a mistake already. that doesn't mean anything. it's a samus. no lead is insurmountable on a samus. not that it's ever a good idea to worry. do you ever play better when you're nervous? probably not...so try to avoid that. if you need to justify not worrying about stuff with logic, remind yourself that you play jigglypuff and everyone hates her, so you have a psychological edge going into the match already.
3) whenever something similar to this happens to me, it's basically because i was running into their attacks. i mean, it doesn't really anymore cause i'm amazing :bee: but generally, it was cause i was being impatient or nervous. so...let them attack first. jigglypuff isn't really a good character for jumping at people anyway. you have to like...jump...near them. =P

but if you want to be able to attack in an obvious way, pick up falco or fox. if someone doesn't know how to play the game competitively then they'll have no answer at all to a spacey who can l-cancel. ...again. why do i always write so much?

k. i'm off to europhoria's house. tournament tomorrow =)

tl;dr noobs can't handle bair camping

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
LOL wow. that's pretty bad. try not to psyche yourselves out =P some noob tactics actually do work. like marth for instance. fsmash is really good. just look at azen. and i saw a match of drephen's marth where he did almost nothing but fsmash. and he almost won. and it was against darkrain! (this should still be on youtube btw)

1) maybe you really aren't as good as you thought =P but still almost certainly better than some people at your school.
2) when you started worrying after losing the first stock, that was a mistake already. that doesn't mean anything. it's a samus. no lead is insurmountable on a samus. not that it's ever a good idea to worry. do you ever play better when you're nervous? probably not...so try to avoid that. if you need to justify not worrying about stuff with logic, remind yourself that you play jigglypuff and everyone hates her, so you have a psychological edge going into the match already.
3) whenever something similar to this happens to me, it's basically because i was running into their attacks. i mean, it doesn't really anymore cause i'm amazing :bee: but generally, it was cause i was being impatient or nervous. so...let them attack first. jigglypuff isn't really a good character for jumping at people anyway. you have to like...jump...near them. =P

but if you want to be able to attack in an obvious way, pick up falco or fox. if someone doesn't know how to play the game competitively then they'll have no answer at all to a spacey who can l-cancel. ...again. why do i always write so much?

k. i'm off to europhoria's house. tournament tomorrow =)

tl;dr noobs can't handle bair camping
lol yeah I think we psyched ourselves out pretty hardcore. We were freaking our before our matches. ><

Eh I don't really think too highly of myself in the first place, but I have a tendency to underestimate people >_> so yeah... no johns. I sucked haha.

This is my first time ever playing infront of more than like 5 people >_> I suppose it was good to get that out of the way... lol.

Yeah I need to get on that... I noticed afterwards I was being really aggressive... I tend to make the mistake of attacking them, not near then just like you said. XD

I thought about going Falco, and I thought I woulda wrecked em... but then my friend's Falco lost to him so idk. I'm pretty crushed. XD

GL at the tourney btw. And thanks yet again for the advice. ^^

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
yeah, fair is usually what i go for...seems to not work as often as i'd like. maybe mike is just good at tipping fsmashes on my shield.
I always thought it would be better to SH Nair out of this situation. It feels safer, and leads to more offensive positions, instead of having the Marth be on the offense.

I still remember the time Mike SDI'd my rest and went straight down and teched it. It was scary. lol Anyway, tell us how the tourney went.

F8, try finding that guy and rematching him. You shouldn't lose again... Maybe tape it so that we can see.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
F8, same thing happened to me, too, a few months ago. It wasn't a tournament, though, just a smashfest. Forget about the crowd, and focus on punishing your opponents habits. If he is a scrub, he will have plenty of ugly habits. I let this Marth get in my Falcon's head and it cost me the match. Just watch his character, be patient, and punish.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
What, but i play like MUCH better when i know there are people who will cheer for me when i pull off crazy combos and read-age =D

idea

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/user/shadic

afro chris is gonna be gradually uploading videos from the tournament this weekend. he's already put up the first two matches of grand finals. i am in none of them, cause 1) montreal came, and 2) i didn't even make it out of pools =D

but i'm commentating on a bunch of them. we didn't have any set commentators, so we'd just call various people over. lots of great matches.

relevance to this thread: pkmvodka goes jiggs a few times in teams. and...vwins plays peach...who is also a floaty.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
rest and the crowd supports

edgeguard and the crowd is like meh

the crowd will usually be meh

but hey its jiggs

just take the paycheck
crowds are evil.
I lol'd at both of these. Yeahh the crowd noise wasn't much of an issue, it was awesome to hear everyone freak after a rest, or hear my friend scream at me after a good survival DI.

But yeah all that stuff aside...

My spacing has gotten so much better, yay. I almost broke someone's shield with Bair camping. ^_^

A quick question though... I'm sure you guys know how Roy can kill Puff at 0% with reverse UpB on smaller maps... is this any real threat?
Since Roy sucks so bad I'm gonna guess not?

My friend unexpectedly 3stocked me with Roy XD But I 2-3'd him back, no worries. ^_^
(Killed me at 17% tho T_T)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
rest and the crowd supports

edgeguard and the crowd is like meh

the crowd will usually be meh

but hey its jiggs

just take the paycheck
"THE HUNGER STRIKE!"
Yeah I dont play jiggs, but I can imagine that's the life of a puff. You guys outta start playing with ipods. Come up with an official puff playlist.

Just drown out the cries of irate bystanders who witness the *WAMP WAMP WAMP WAMP*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom