• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter 4!!! DISCUSS

Master Raven

Smash Master
Downloaded the SF4 OVA last night mainly because I think SF4 anime Chun Li is haaaawt (not that I expect it to be bad or anything but Chun Li was a good incentive >_>).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
the SFIV control scheme is pretty generic as far as regular 2d fighters go hee roe shee, so i guess you wouldn't like the control scheme of almost any 2d fighter

more importantly, who the **** idea was it to give sagat the fastest projectile in the game, and give it to him high and low. he doesnt even need a projectile...complete bull**** :urg:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
more importantly, who the **** idea was it to give sagat the fastest projectile in the game, and give it to him high and low. he doesnt even need a projectile...complete bull**** :urg:
On giving him an overhead: You're absolutely right. I think everybody's trying to figure that out. I mean, sagat has always been one of the best in whatever game he's in, if not better. And somehow they made him.... better...... -shrug-

On the projectile: HELLO FRIEND AND WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL KINGDOM OF STREET FIGHTER WHERE YOU GET TO MEET KING SAGAT, RULER OF THE PROJECTILE DOMAIN!

And on a funnier note.

"BILLIE MAYS HERE. HAVE YOU GOT TOO MANY PROJECTILES ON YO SCREEN? SAGAT PINNIN YO *** IN A CORNER? WELL PICK UP THE ROSE, AND CLEAN THAT **** WITH SHAMWOW!!"

____
(takes a hop back)
And that's a wrap.

AfroQT

Smash Master
um, nah sagat is boring dude matt get off your period (Turtle all game...you stay in one spot with sagat you win)

Guile boring also but he reps USA, has a back breaker air throw, 2 moves, an is a bad *** so yea xD

Balrog is a ****ing beast.

Who i see is fun is Boxer, the new ***** ****./..

Lol if only he could multiple ground pound
Uh how abuot you get of fyour period sagat is definitely not boring.
And like half the chars in the game are based off not moving...

AfroQT

Smash Master
Sagat's overhead isnt even that good...
Hes always had the best projectile.

Welcome to Street Fighter.

I'd enjoy it if everyone on the thread moved onto the next step of Sagat complaining, which is crying. Seriously man the fvck up and play the game b1tches, sagats the best deal with it.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Sagat's overhead isnt even that good...
Hes always had the best projectile.

Welcome to Street Fighter.

I'd enjoy it if everyone on the thread moved onto the next step of Sagat complaining, which is crying. Seriously man the fvck up and play the game b1tches, sagats the best deal with it.
so what if Sagat is the best? yeah, he's broken, but he's in the game and legal, so whatever. afro, if you didn't play Sagat, and play someone that has a bad matchup with Sagat, you would be complaining, and you know that you would. i complain about Sagat all the time, but i also just try to beat him. and the fact that they even GAVE Sagat an overhead is good. more options on a broken character = even more broken character. <_<

AfroQT

Smash Master
so what if Sagat is the best? yeah, he's broken, but he's in the game and legal, so whatever. afro, if you didn't play Sagat, and play someone that has a bad matchup with Sagat, you would be complaining, and you know that you would. i complain about Sagat all the time, but i also just try to beat him. and the fact that they even GAVE Sagat an overhead is good. more options on a broken character = even more broken character. <_<
Hm no i wouldnt, i play GG and you dont hear me complaining about Eddie or Slayer or Testament everytime i play any of them. I play brawl and you dont hear me complaining about MK (infact i own MKs...anyone from FL can agree to this). I play melee and you dont hear me cryin about Fox or Marth....

Theres always a character thats better then most in any fighting game. Its w/e, the reason most people are complaining is because they are new to street fighter (IE. GDX...)

Sagat's the best.
Deal with it.
Seriously.

AfroQT

Smash Master
You complain about Dedede :)

1 more week until im finally playing sf 4 consistently..
I complain about chaingrabs, which means every chaingrab not just d3. I actually dont have a problem with d3 (outside of the chaingrabs)

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Sagat makes for one tough *****, but I don't really let it get to me. If anything, I try to play smarter than I usually do, especially with someone whose stamina blows. <3 Akuma.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Downloaded the SF4 OVA last night mainly because I think SF4 anime Chun Li is haaaawt (not that I expect it to be bad or anything but Chun Li was a good incentive >_>).
where? link it
the SFIV control scheme is pretty generic as far as regular 2d fighters go hee roe shee, so i guess you wouldn't like the control scheme of almost any 2d fighter

guile's is the fastest but just take it in stride and find a way around it . ur viper u have a high jump >:0

GA Peach

Smash Lord
I complain about chaingrabs, which means every chaingrab not just d3. I actually dont have a problem with d3 (outside of the chaingrabs)
...that'd be like complaining about fast fireballs, high damage, and high priority, which is what the characters can do/have. you just proved me right, man...

AfroQT

Smash Master
...that'd be like complaining about fast fireballs, high damage, and high priority, which is what the characters can do/have. you just proved me right, man...
No its not it'd be complaining about...chaingrabbing....
I dont care if a character as multiple attributes that are better then alot of characters, like faster fireballs, higher damage or higher priority. I dont like anything that makes me lose control of my character for extended periods of time...like chaingrabbing. At no point does sagat have you so locked downt hat you might as well throw your control into a wall...Thats what chaingrabbing does.

Chaingrabbing and Fast fireballs/HighDamage/Highprioirty are completely different things.

Plus people complain about sagat ONLY because he is top tier, if there was a char above him, people would complain about that. They just want something to complain about.

SAGAT IS A MAN

EDIT:
I dont care for this arguement anymore.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
No its not it'd be complaining about...chaingrabbing....
I dont care if a character as multiple attributes that are better then alot of characters, like faster fireballs, higher damage or higher priority. I dont like anything that makes me lose control of my character for extended periods of time...like chaingrabbing. At no point does sagat have you so locked downt hat you might as well throw your control into a wall...Thats what chaingrabbing does.

Chaingrabbing and Fast fireballs/HighDamage/Highprioirty are completely different things.

Plus people complain about sagat ONLY because he is top tier, if there was a char above him, people would complain about that. They just want something to complain about.

SAGAT IS A MAN

EDIT:
I dont care for this arguement anymore.
...people complain about Sagat because he's an overpowered character. beatable, of course, but overpowered none the less. also, Sagat cuts the options of a lot of characters, which is essentially a lockdown. Zangief, one of the best in the game, has a very difficult time even getting NEAR a good Sagat player. that's the nature of it. Metaknight made HELLISH problems for a lot of brawl characters; all of that said, it's the nature of the game, and fighting games in general. yeah, he's overpowered, and people can complain about playing against him, especially if they have a character with a disadvantage. of course, this gives no one an excuse to just stop a game they enjoy or anything, but the complaints are valid. I know with my experience, playing Chun-Li, Sagat is a hard matchup. He does everything well in SFIV. in ST, he had a weak inside game and very mediocre anti-air and vitality. Those weaknesses were eliminated in SFIV, and his damage output was increased a lot. On top of that, he shoots fireballs at the same speed as in ST, but every character is slower in the air, so it's harder to get in on him. If you wanna play a broken character, dood, you just have to deal with people giving you crap about it. The way of fighting games. I personally say if you like Sagat, play him, and I don't wanna give you crap for playing him. I think playing characters you enjoy is a good thing. I just wanted to relay to you what people are probably thinking about Sagat from the other side.

AfroQT

Smash Master
...people complain about Sagat because he's an overpowered character. beatable, of course, but overpowered none the less. also, Sagat cuts the options of a lot of characters, which is essentially a lockdown. Zangief, one of the best in the game, has a very difficult time even getting NEAR a good Sagat player. that's the nature of it. Metaknight made HELLISH problems for a lot of brawl characters; all of that said, it's the nature of the game, and fighting games in general. yeah, he's overpowered, and people can complain about playing against him, especially if they have a character with a disadvantage. of course, this gives no one an excuse to just stop a game they enjoy or anything, but the complaints are valid. I know with my experience, playing Chun-Li, Sagat is a hard matchup. He does everything well in SFIV. in ST, he had a weak inside game and very mediocre anti-air and vitality. Those weaknesses were eliminated in SFIV, and his damage output was increased a lot. On top of that, he shoots fireballs at the same speed as in ST, but every character is slower in the air, so it's harder to get in on him. If you wanna play a broken character, dood, you just have to deal with people giving you crap about it. The way of fighting games. I personally say if you like Sagat, play him, and I don't wanna give you crap for playing him. I think playing characters you enjoy is a good thing. I just wanted to relay to you what people are probably thinking about Sagat from the other side.
Yee its all good homie, cant blame me for wantin to say somethin back tho.
Guess i might as well prepare for the sagat hate now.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
lol, yeah, that happens a lot.

also, Nite, Fizz, good games. we'll have to play again soon, but i don't have a PS3 or SFIV, so i can only really play when i am at Mike's. He's a little more than an hour from me... :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
id never played a sagat in any street fighter so i didnt know the ridiculousness of his projectiles

so what if i complain about him? it was just one post. not like im going on a tyraid every single post or anything. I'll just get used to him and his fireballs. I got used to MK and Snake when brawl came out, i'll get used to this scarred pirate

nevershootme

Smash Master
id never played a sagat in any street fighter so i didnt know the ridiculousness of his projectiles

so what if i complain about him? it was just one post. not like im going on a tyraid every single post or anything. I'll just get used to him and his fireballs. I got used to MK and Snake when brawl came out, i'll get used to this scarred pirate
hollar at me on live and i can provide some sagat practice.

BTW: July 11th and 12th at FIU (Miami, FL) is Yasumicon, a free anime con. So we have a some game tournaments happening, so the biggest is going to be SFIV and Brawl, Im just giving u guys the heads up on this if anyone wants to mark their calendars to attend to this (for SFIV in particular, i'll make a general thread about it soon). I'll get more details on pre-registration about this. Trust me, it's gonna break 64 people for sure...

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I had some extensive play for the first time the other day...

Balrog makes me not take the game seriously. It's a little better than Brawl to me.

Balrog never deserved to be good. Sagat and Ryu? Bison? I can understand them being good. Balrog shouldn't have even made the cut, IMO.

Dudley forever. CORKSCREW BLOW!
/back to 3rd strike

Vijin

Smash Ace
I had some extensive play for the first time the other day...

Balrog makes me not take the game seriously. It's a little better than Brawl to me.

Balrog never deserved to be good. Sagat and Ryu? Bison? I can understand them being good. Balrog shouldn't have even made the cut, IMO.

Dudley forever. CORKSCREW BLOW!
/back to 3rd strike
Psh Balrog owns all of them.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Lol this is some top tier gutter trash though.

I'd say the same thing for brawl, though. Dumbest character kirby is somewhere on the top now. And pikatchu got moved up too. Epic fail.

Top Bottom