• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

STARFURRY 3! Results are up! Thanks to all who came out.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
k so THIS is the sauga tournament everyone's been talking about

well i'm coming with Nasir I think, you can put us down as possible attendee's

i'm pretty sure Stephen is dropping me there and back

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Alright, 84 people so far, and there are always people that show up without notifying anyone. Stupid noobs >_>. Anyway yeah, I'm gonna have to cap off signups soon.

Note to everyone: You have until the end of Saturday to sign up. Spots are already reserved for unnamed people, so that's taken care of (New Yorkers for example), but please try to minimize the amount of unexpected showups.

Another note: We are really going to need power bars/extension cords. I can't possibly supply them all myself.

EDIT: These tournaments are getting pretty popular, so I'm gonna have to find a bigger venue soon XD.

EDIT2: Also, It seems the venue changed the hours to 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM, in which case the hours will likely be the same but one or two hours earlier. For the sake of people needing to get to the venue, I may leave it until 12:00 to start the actual tournament, but if this is really the case, I'd like everyone to be there by 11:30 latest so everyone can sign up. I'm leaving time for people to be late. Come earlier if you want friendlies or are setting up.

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Yoo Grmo I wasn't gonna post about this but now that you're capping people off, just wanted to remind you to add me and moozles.
We asked on page 11 and you didn't add us :(

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Can you add Percon (Max) and Pyrnight (Kevin), I forgot to mention that.

man capping...gonna be intense.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
York exam homosexuality may look to beat the white man (me) into the ground.

Drephen come save me so I can play Sheik dittos with you and your slippery homo apprentice.

idea

Smash Master
York exam homosexuality may look to beat the white man (me) into the ground.

Drephen come save me so I can play Sheik dittos with you and your slippery homo apprentice.
exams start on feb. 20th...so you only have to not have exams for two days.

luckily my only one is on march 2nd.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
ye srry stos, i meant TVs. Full setups with melee or brawl doesnt matter.
its okay.
im sure those will fall under brawl since melee got like 13 - 15 full set ups.
though in the end i know we'll balance things out so both melee and brawl runs well.

soap

Smash Hero
my sis jus told me some kid named nightmare started messaging her through her youtube msn saying he was gonna beat my ***, and drephens too.

trash talk in the thread please

do not stalk my siblings

Niko_K

Smash Master
KoJ lets team in melee.

BRAWL PLAYERS, BRING TV's AND WIIS IF YOU EXPECT THIS TOURNAMENT TO RUN PROPERLY, STEP IT UP!

Drephen

Smash Master
k guys i need 4 things

1.) Can you pleeeeeeeeease consider switching the schedule around? Going back and forth from brawl and melee is NOT a good idea.

Melee and Brawl players will leave during their respective breaks and will be hard to find, also going back and forth from brawl to melee will be hard mentally due to the differences in the games

Also the tournament will run A LOT faster if you keep the same game hooked up instead of swtiches the games back and forth

So from a players point of view and a tournament host's point of view its really a good idea to have

melee doubles
melee singles
then
brawl doubles
brawl singles

or vice versa

2.) Soap did you find out if we need a passport to get into Canada?

3.) I may need a Brawl doubles partner if i decide to enter (im not very good at the game so dont expect much lol)

4.) I need a list of things to do in Canada that are legal there but illegal in America

thanks guys!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Drephen for number 4 I believe I can hook you up ;)

I agree with everything that has been said above.

soap

Smash Hero

4.) I need a list of things to do in Canada that are legal there but illegal in America

thanks guys!
Americans Entering Canada

Required Documents

When entering Canada from the United States, U.S. citizens must show either a U.S. passport or other proof of U.S. citizenship - such as an original or certified birth certificate together with photo identification. U.S. citizens entering Canada from a third country must have a valid passport. A visa is not required for U.S. citizens for a stay up to 180 days.

(after june 1 a passport is required due to some gay new law)

i always thought canada was more prudey than us, i dont think there is stuff u can do there that u cant do here.

i know u can gamble at 19, i think thats about it

idea

Smash Master
i always thought canada was more prudey than us, i dont think there is stuff u can do there that u cant do here.

i know u can gamble at 19, i think thats about it
really? i've always seen it as the opposite. you can drink at 19 here, 18 in montreal, and weed is much closer to being legal. it is legal medicinally, and while that law was being reformed, for those few years it technically wasn't illegal in ontario. also i remember reading an article in my uni's newspaper that said canadians smoke more weed, by %, than anyone else in the world - about 17% of the population.

overall though, i've always thought of the US as the more restrictive country. but both are really big places, there probably aren't too many things you could say that really apply to either whole country.

Niko_K

Smash Master
The US is unquestionably the more restrictive country. A recent survey our city conducted concluded that 80% of our population smokes weed.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Brawl is going to suck at this rate, bring T.V's or else you don't have any reason to complain about how slow things are taking. The melee community is doing more than enough. Stop slackin guys!

4% APR

Smash Champion
k guys i need 4 things

1.) Can you pleeeeeeeeease consider switching the schedule around? Going back and forth from brawl and melee is NOT a good idea.

Melee and Brawl players will leave during their respective breaks and will be hard to find, also going back and forth from brawl to melee will be hard mentally due to the differences in the games

Also the tournament will run A LOT faster if you keep the same game hooked up instead of swtiches the games back and forth

So from a players point of view and a tournament host's point of view its really a good idea to have

melee doubles
melee singles
then
brawl doubles
brawl singles

or vice versa

3.) I may need a Brawl doubles partner if i decide to enter (im not very good at the game so dont expect much lol)

thanks guys!

I'd be up for teaming in brawl if you want. Brawl teams are way more fun than singles

Sanu

Smash Champion
I'll probably bring two-three T.V.s and two systems. Whoever has gamecube coaxial adapters, bring them. I have one but I need a second one pl0x.

Also, I need to know some hard facts.

WHO IS BEING HOUSED BY ME? Names please.

The List (Add yourself)
- I.B.
- RaynEX
- Adnanface
- Sylar
- Sako
- Others
If you're not on the list, I am not expecting you. If I'm not expecting you, you will not be let in.

Things to note:

* Housing will be provided for the Friday and Saturday of.
* Do not show up at that door before 7:00 PM. No excuses.
* Bring sleeping bags, I only have couch space for... 6 people.
* Clean up after yourself, don't make a big mess and please try not to be overly loud!
* You will be expected to leave early morning Sunday, preferably before 11-12 PM. No excuses.
* I will not be assisting people in their departures, directions excluded (i.e., drives to bus stations)
* I have a mentally disabled (see: ********) brother. I'll keep him out of the basement, but be warned.
** If you have a problem with gay people, find somewhere else to stay. I don't want to feel uncomfortable under my own roof.

I can house quite a bit of people, so if you have no where to stay... look no further. Just be sure to follow the rules, and lastly, have a good time!

^_~
Seems like some people have missed this post, I know there's more people housing with me than just these guys. Guess I'll be quoting it every page.

The current List
- I.B.
- RaynEX
- Adnanface
- Sylar
- Sako
- KneeofJustice
- TheManaLord
- PikaPika!
- GameFreak

Grmo

Smash Champion
Yoo Grmo I wasn't gonna post about this but now that you're capping people off, just wanted to remind you to add me and moozles.
We asked on page 11 and you didn't add us :(
That was probably when I was away. thanks for letting me know again :)
more people, nice.
we still need to grab some more TVS.
Yes, definitely.
my sis jus told me some kid named nightmare started messaging her through her youtube msn saying he was gonna beat my ***, and drephens too.

trash talk in the thread please

do not stalk my siblings
oh wow, rofl. uh, don't worry about him. trash talk is allowed after signups close (next Sunday basically). I'd like to keep things off of it until then. After that, go ahead.

k guys i need 4 things

melee doubles
melee singles
then
brawl doubles
brawl singles

or vice versa

thanks guys!
1) That's a very good point; I hadn't thought of it that way before, because I'm stupid like that. I'll definitely change it, somehow. The only thing is, would people prefer Brawl to be before or after? I'd personally prefer ending it off with Melee, since it's going to be twice as big and will probably take much longer, but it doesn't matter either way to me. The schedule is getting screwed up a lot, so my estimates are going to be epic fail.
2). I'm pretty sure you will need a passport. According to this http://www.westedmall.com/plan/entry.asp, you will need one. I imagine you already have one, but if not, it's possible to get it in time. Mine came in a few days.
3) Can't help here, sorry.
4) Drinking age is 19. Aside from that, I don't really think there's anything. Cops are a little more nonchalant about some things.

so grmo is great bay a gogo for cps? =D
It is in doubles, but if you mean in singles...you're dreaming.
im confirmed for this, il bring wii+brawl.
Excellent, thanks.

Brawl is going to suck at this rate, bring T.V's or else you don't have any reason to complain about how slow things are taking. The melee community is doing more than enough. Stop slackin guys!
BRAWL PLAYERS, BRING TV's AND WIIS IF YOU EXPECT THIS TOURNAMENT TO RUN PROPERLY, STEP IT UP!
lol, thanks for yelling at people for me. It's something I need to do more of.

Seems like some people have missed this post, I know there's more people housing with me than just these guys. Guess I'll be quoting it every page.

The current List
- I.B.
- RaynEX
- Adnanface
- Sylar
- Sako
- KneeofJustice
- TheManaLord
- PikaPika!
- GameFreak
lmfao Adnanface

EDIT: THIS IS IMPORTANT. We have the venue for 14 hours starting at 10:00 AM, so we can start brawl pools at 11:00. I need to know if this is too early.

Grmo

Smash Champion
This deserves another post. Here's the new schedule I've worked out. Tell me if this is at all unreasonable, or any objections you have. I think it should work out, so long as people are willing to get there early. This is our only alternative to running events side-by-side, so if this schedule is impossible, we're going to have to go back to the other one which involved running Melee and Brawl events at the same time. Time constraints are difficult here, considering we only have one day. I mean, I'd love to rent the venue out on sunday too, but I didn't think it would be this big, and it's short notice at this point anyway, so we've got to make do with this.

We have the venue for 14 hours, making this the longest 1-day venue tournament probably ever. I'm sure we'll be able to fit things in. On that note, this is shaping up
to be one of the biggest 1-day tournaments. Next time I'm gonna have to do an all-weekend thing in a MUCH bigger venue XD. Anyway, I know this schedule might
look optimistic, but we're improving on all our faults last time, so we're going to try our best to get this done. I tried to leave extra spots of time so we can keep things
ahead of schedule if possible.

-10:00: Setup/Friendlies. Don't come at 10:00 expecting to play immediately.
-10:30: Brawl Teams signups begin.
-11:00: Signups end, Teams brackets begin. During this time, Melee players may play friendlies or money matches on spare TVs. However, we will need as many
TVs as there are Brawl setups.
-12:30: Brawl Singles signups begins.
-01:00: By this time, I expect Brawl Teams should be finished. There aren't that many Brawlers this time around, so I don't expect it to take too long. If it ends earlier
than this, then we'll start other things early.
-01:00: Brawl singles pools begins.
-03:00: Brawl singles pools SHOULD be done by now. We will start creating the brackets after this.
-04:30: Melee Teams signups begin.
-05:00: Brawl singles brackets should be finished by this point, so we will need to switch the setups and start Melee singles right away. During this time, Brawlers may
play friendlies, since there will be no more Brawl events for the evening.
-06:30: Melee singles signups begins. Starting a little earlier because creating pools while running a tournament takes us some time.
-07:00: Melee teams should be finished by now, so Melee singles pools will begin.
-08:55: Pools should be finished by now, so long as people are punctual and play their matches. We will need time to go over the results and create a seeded bracket.
-09:00: Melee singles brackets will begin.
-11:00: Singles should be finished. I'm leaving some time for things to run overboard, but it should be fine. If absolutely necessary, the last few matches can be finished at my house. However, I don't imagine everything can take too long.
-11:45: At this point, I'd like to ask everyone to lend a hand in cleaning the place up. Even 5 minutes would be a huge help. Things that would need to be done: putting away tables and setups, carrying TVs to cars or whatever, and vacuuming/mopping necessary parts, but I'll probably take care of those two. We have to be out of the venue at midnight.
-12:00 - ?: Smashfest/funtimes at my house! Which is like a minute away from the venue. Feel free to bring setups (I will only have 3 TVs that can be used for playing; I have a big LCD one but it lags). Be aware that I have cats and dogs, so if you don't like them then take necessary precautions. We will have food. Anyone can come. My house is smallish though, so I can't have everyone going.

Top Bottom