• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Here, people is aparently satisfied with 2 kind tournaments running.
There are no complains at all, we get to play and we do not have a load of bull****, even though there are LOTS of stages.

The main complain I get is BBrawl, for some reason people is still very distanced to it.... But I said I would make my best to promote it (I still think it is one of the best mods out there), and I am doing so.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
My region cut down to the japanese stage list.

Yeah I'm officially done with Brawl.

I miss the days of the stage rage crew ;.;

They were fun times.
I don't know what you mean by 'cut down to the japanese stage list' but if you're implying that our region is permanently switching over to that stagelist or anything of the sort, then you're way off.

This was the first time the japanese stagelist was ever going to be used in our region (AFAIK) and Tin doesn't even approve of it; he still thinks the URS is the ideal ruleset. And that tournament isn't even happening anymore and you already knew that -_-

Furthermore, he's not the only TO in our region. RoS, the No BS series and the tournies held by Oakville were all not hosted by Tin, and none of them ever used the Japanese ruleset/stagelist (at least as long as I've been around, which is 11 months as of now)

TL;DR It was a one-time thing that's actually a zero-time thing cause now the tournament isn't even going to happen. And isn't this like the 10th time you said you were going to quit? And didn't you say you were going to attend the tournament despite it using the japanese ruleset? ._.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I was attending for Melee, get it straight. I figured why not enter Brawl if it was there.

And the way our region tends to lean we'll end up at the japanese stagelist anyways. Our stagelist is already disgustingly small and is certainly not going to get larger anytime soon.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
idk what you're talking about, I haven't heard anyone from our region even mention the japanese ruleset except for Cr0wbar, and when YOU challenged Cruxis to a japanese ruleset $20 MM.

There's absolutely nothing to suggest that our region is going to 'end up at the japanese stagelist'. None of the tournaments around here have ever had a stagelist smaller than the Apex stagelist. I think you're just reading too deep into the fact that one of the tournaments was going to use the JR, especially cause the guy hosting said tourney is against the JR and was only hosting it to prove that it's a bad ruleset.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Gonna say this here, Dirt.

I'm an old man now. I have no interest in raging against the machine. All I want is to live out my glory days in a land without Meta-Knight, which I am.

I'm sorry, but I won't be contributing to your efforts.

Man people were telling me about how much of a grumpy old man I have become lately, and how I have no drive for anything anymore.

Dammit Raziek. x__x

Life

Smash Hero
Dang, Raziek, after a post like that, now I CAN'T let you and everyone down.

"Gotta stay upbeat, upbeat, upbeat, or you'll be deadmeat, deadmeat" :pit:

T-block

B2B TST
yo that's published by my school =D

my point remains... RPS is easily solved ._. being solved doesn't imply having a dominant pure strategy, nor does it imply that the best strategy must be a pure strategy.

I'm an old man now. I have no interest in raging against the machine. All I want is to live out my glory days in a land without Meta-Knight, which I am.

I'm sorry, but I won't be contributing to your efforts.
Man people were telling me about how much of a grumpy old man I have become lately, and how I have no drive for anything anymore.

Dammit Raziek. x__x
man, what happened to us =(

NNID
Budget_Player

Scrub. :awesome:

Oh hi guys, I still rage against the machine...

I run 7 starters instead of 5. :urg:

I just can't be ****ed to fight for it. People don't like it, and I guess since I started both going to and hosting tournaments, I don't see why we shouldn't play the game the way we want. Hell, the only thing that could really piss me off now would be my region banning PS2.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Choosing a winner at random is only a last resort, realistically (and hopefully) it will not even be necessary.
It is under the "worth noting" section.
I really would not want to have to use it, but come on, 11 minutes (or more) to get the winner of ONE MATCH? Really?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
My ideal will never come to pass due to the odd nature of my thought.

Was I one of the kids? Because really, I got a bad rap for being persistent, which sucked.

I wasn't sure what thread I was in for 80% of this post.

:fluttershy:

Tesh

Smash Hero
It is under the "worth noting" section.
I really would not want to have to use it, but come on, 11 minutes (or more) to get the winner of ONE MATCH? Really?
Deciding it randomly is really unfair. Consider the fact that you already noted it would RARELY be needed. Is it really so bad for two extremely evenly matched players to play a 2nd tie breaker if its so RARE?

See now I'm upset, because typing RARE in all caps like that reminded me of how much fun I had playing Banjo Kazooie on N64(even tho it was RareWARE back then) and how Microsoft ruined it with Nuts and Bolts and the series will never be properly continued. This ruleset has already caused so much heartache. You could at least let it be settled by super sudden death. "Next hit wins" is alot better than just randomly picking a winner.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I still could do that (rulesets are still open to healthy debate and changes accordingly).
Once again, I wouldn't want to decide a winner at random, is just that, for it to take place it needs:
1) A very, very specific setup. Not saying it wouldn't happen.
2) A really, really long time. Which is my main worry.

NNID
Budget_Player
You should cut Balanced Brawl from the event

and just run Brawl- instead

Also your avatar is badass. "Side effects may include nausea, headaches, and death". Such a great game.

Anyways, as for the question of "why we don't run the show"... Well, when you run a tournament, you want it to be successful. People aren't going to go to a tournament where they are liable to get "gayed out" by stages that they hate. The fact of the matter is, we lost.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
But Brawl- is bad, so that'd be silly.

BBrawl is the best Brawl mod ever because it is the only one that doesn't completely change Brawl as if it were a bad game. Brawl Minus might be "balanced", but it isn't fun to play once you get over the gimmicks because the amazingness of the moves does everything for you.

There is an element of that in Melee too unfortunately, but it isn't anywhere near as dominating as in Minus.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Brawl- was really really fun for a while, but people here kinda lost interest to it kinda fast. Still, the idea behind it is cool.
BBrawl is pretty much just "hey let's remove all the boring stuff from the game and make this a more competitive game no one is ever going to play competitively"...
P:M... Don't even get me started... Maybe it's better that I don't talk about it at all...

There you go, the thing is, run SSB64 or an ingame itemtourney as a side event, no crappy mods please.

BSP

Smash Legend
For some reason, when I played Bbrawl, I just wanted to go back to vbrawl. Same thing with Brawl+.

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
1)@BPC: I know, right? Skullgirls a great, well-polished game with a couple things that might need some tweaks, but is still MUCH better than the average downloadable games.
I simply love it.

2) The main goal of this tournament is innovation.
I do not want to make a plain, boring, regular tournament like everyone else's.
Where's the challenge on that? Why would I even bother? Just to get recognition for doing something every other TO does? I don't think so.
I'm inviting others to come and play with these rulesets, that have already been played in a local level (successfully), where everyone seems to be used to this diversity, and making this an entertaining game for both players and watchers. Also, to get some feedback nobody else is ever willing to get.
Proper debate might get some rules changed, tho (I really, really wannot to decide at random. 300% re-rematch sounds as a logic option).

3) I made a promise to make Balanced Brawl sound. And so I am doing it.
That's why I am allowing every kind of infinite or stage gimmick avaliable, to help players notice the diferences and prove why I consider Bbrawl to be superior to vBrawl.
I'll even try to get sponsors to bring a Prize/Pot Bonus for this one tournament.

3.5) I won't talk about other Brawl mods.

4) That's basically why I'm announcing it now, every interested person has 7 months to practice stages if they don't know them, and a game that's basically the same one you've played forever except because it has some notable changes and less abusable stuff.

5) I appreciate the input (I really do), but there is some things that simply won't change. BBrawl is one of them.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I've played a few Brawl mods before, including Brawl+, Brawl-, Balanced Brawl, Project M, even Troll Brawl. The latter 2 are the only ones I really enjoyed.

Brawl+ Brawl- Balanced Brawl: I pretty much would rather just play vanilla. Stuff was clearly changed, but never in a way that made me give a ****.

Project M: This one is fun for a ton of reasons. The stuff they changed in this game actually made me go "Ohh damn, look how awesome they made this work now!" Have you played the newest version? Lucario is a beast, it's like he's a whole new character (he basically IS a different character, he's a shoto now). Characters like Link and Gannon are no longer balls? Yes please! I also love the return to Melee style physics in certain areas. When they finish adding the rest of the cast and work all the bugs out (ledgegrab detection still doesn't work very well), this could possibly be my favorite smash game.

Troll Brawl: It is WAY too much fun watching characters explode when they taunt, and having infinite jumps (but only if you're player1 :yeahboi: ) It's ****ing dumb but it's more fun than the dumb mods that attempt to balance the game.

NNID
Budget_Player
BBrawl is pretty much just "hey let's remove all the boring stuff from the game and make this a more competitive game no one is ever going to play competitively"...
You know what I find interesting about this? In removing the "boring stuff", the game became duller, slower, and less interesting. Seems weird... but that's what happened.

Top Bottom