• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You know what I find interesting about this? In removing the "boring stuff", the game became duller, slower, and less interesting. Seems weird... but that's what happened.
Yeah, I think the "boring stuff" is actually quite awesome. :awesome:
Btw BPC, what do you think of B- current state? Gotten better or worse? Still alive and well? Haven't heard of it in ages ever since P:M took the spotlight... :(

Edit: Yay for post #5000 I am an internet hero now

NNID
Budget_Player
Yeah, I think the "boring stuff" is actually quite awesome. :awesome:
Btw BPC, what do you think of B- current state? Gotten better or worse? Still alive and well? Haven't heard of it in ages ever since P:M took the spotlight... :(
2.X PL3 is definitely our most balanced build to date; all but a handful of characters are very viable, and while there are still a few top tiers that are above the rest, they are no longer so by such a wide margin. I'd consider it our best work, to be honest*– almost everything that's "unfair" is gone, and a lot of stuff just... works. We're kinda floundering right now (the guy who did most of our coding through PL3 just vanished), but we've got big plans and lots in the works.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
So there are no longer easy tactics to simply 0death every character without any effort? My biggest complain about B- is that even though everything should be broken doesn't mean it should be easy. I mean, Marth has like 10 times the tipper hitbox. It should be so that his tippers are smaller than normally but be very powerful instead, but it's your game you are doing so do it the way you want.

NNID
Budget_Player
So there are no longer easy tactics to simply 0death every character without any effort? My biggest complain about B- is that even though everything should be broken doesn't mean it should be easy. I mean, Marth has like 10 times the tipper hitbox. It should be so that his tippers are smaller than normally but be very powerful instead, but it's your game you are doing so do it the way you want.
I am currently not aware of any 0-deaths that work if your DI is up to snuff. The closest I could name at the moment is Bowser's sideB techchase (because it's way, way too easy to do – it's getting nerfed in PL4) and ZSS's combo strings off of blaster shot (which aren't 0-death, but can do a lot of damage really fast). The game is most definitely not easy.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
When you play, do you see more variance in results than with vBrawl due to the extremely hard, frequent punishes increasing the weight of the individual in-game RPS games?

Cause that is my only real problem with the game. It is probably the opposite of too easy in my opinion. It is too hard for humans to compete in with any level of consistency, from what I've seen.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Seconded, Minus is really fun if you don't play to win.
That's what I thought of B- when I played it (it was 1.6, iirc).

I mean, I'm not close minded or anything, I could give 2.X a chance, I'd just need to gather people to play for a non-tournament event....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Double posting for the sake of a bump.

Do anybody have ideas for making an ELO ranking for a Brawl League?
The best I could get was something like this: http://www.eloratings.net/system.html but I wanted to change the We and/or the K values.
Input would be appreciated.

Also, why didn't I notice Twinkie got banned?

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Double posting for the sake of a bump.

Do anybody have ideas for making an ELO ranking for a Brawl League?
The best I could get was something like this: http://www.eloratings.net/system.html but I wanted to change the We and/or the K values.
Input would be appreciated.

Also, why didn't I notice Twinkie got banned?
you could do it the same way it's done for the one held at DF... I think it's much easier that way

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
you could do it the same way it's done for the one held at DF... I think it's much easier that way
Problem is that I have no idea how it is done (do they win a point each time they take off a stock? or they win 3 points for a victory and more for 3-stocks, or something like that?)
Is hard to tell and looks subjective, imo

imo, an ELO is more reliable, and there is no way to fool it or break it (but dammit, it has some arbitrary values)

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
hmm it's not that, hard, I once had to handle the results, and I just had to write who won and how many stocks he/she had in the end of each match... that way you get the number of point/stocks...

btw for those interested, the final tournament of said league is being held tomorrow, here the blog post with the link to the stream and some info regarding the league.

hope you can join the stream :)

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=139273

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That stream is the kind of stuff that should be on top of SWF.
But nobody in Mexico seems to care....

I checked the Liga, and their system is pretty solid.
Problem, for me, is that it's too simple, and statistical simplicity often ends in unaccuracy.
However. I just solved the ELO thingy, and I am satisfied with what it is right now. may post results later...

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
on top of SWF?

you mean like the part where it says "Today's Live Streams" ??? it'd be nice if people started caring, then they complain because we're not taken into consideration for anything :/
if it's possible could you help me with the "difussion"? xD

if so does anybody know how's it done to add it there?

good thing you solved that ELO thing, I really didn't get it down, guess I'd have to read it again like 5 more times before I get it :p

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
if so does anybody know how's it done to add it there?
Just hit the button "Add Brawl Stream" and follow instructions.
Actually, the one who should do it is the stream/league owner. You should tell them to do it.

The ELO I'll be using is this one:
Rn=Ro+(K*(W-(1/((10^(-(dif)/400)+1)))))

Rn=Ranking (new)
Ro=Ranking (old) (everyone starts at 1600)
K=Game value (20 for every league game)
W=Result (win/lose)
(1/((10^(-(dif)/400)+1)))=Win expectancy, a formula used quite often
dif=Opponent's ranking - Your ranking (before the game, obvs)

T-block

B2B TST
guys twinkle is back!

welcome back twinkle ^^

oh btw, he told me that he wants everyone to start calling him twinkle instead of twinkie... he's getting a name change soon

BSP

Smash Legend
guys twinkle is back!

welcome back twinkle ^^

oh btw, he told me that he wants everyone to start calling him twinkle instead of twinkie... he's getting a name change soon
Since when did you watch MLP?

edit: my evil post had MLP as the topic lololol

BSP

Smash Legend
SO...if you guys have been paying attention to Brawl, you would have noticed that many tournaments are getting more and more conservative on stagelists. Apex used 10, SKTAR is using SIX...We're going right down Melee's path so to speak.

Feelings?

I think I know what answers I'm going to get.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
People are dumb. That's all I really want to say about that.

If anybody has seen my ruleset, people here wants me to remove stages because they don't like them.
They just don't want to bother on learning stuff like the fact that you can see the cars in PTAD ages before they become hazardous, that they won't hit the sides of the road, or how to recover high or get hit by the road before recovering...

Also, I got a complain about stage ban criteria, they said "Circle" without a ceiling is arbitrary, and Big Blue and Hanenbow should be legal under those terms "to be fair with the other stages".

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think we really should just go to something like 9 stages and then just remove the counterpicks and starters bull**** and strike from all of them. So much easier and stuff. The reason I don't like conservative stuff is that people ban stages for no apparent reason. It's like banning Sheik because he isn't popular and just annoying.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
The least I can use -and I run tournaments with that- is 11 (with 1 stage ban and "not a stage more than once per set").

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Here in Southern Ontario we're still using the Unity Ruleset (most of the time) because our most active TO was a member of the URC and he considers the URS the ideal ruleset.

Hell even a national at the end of June (IMPULSE) is using the Unity Ruleset. 13 stages jajajajajaja

Nah, it's Spanish.

The 'h' in Spanish is silent (Hermano is pronounced Ermano).

The 'h' sound that you hear in English is done with a 'J' in Spanish (ham in Spanish is jamon, even though the J and H sound the same).

The 'J' sound that you hear in English is done with a "ll" in Spanish (The Spanish word "llamar" is pronounced "Jamar" if you were to say it in English).

Top Bottom