• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Information Database and Q&A

Naw man, I was feeling nostalgic before you made it cool.

--

For the record, I just finished going through Raziek's guide directory thread and added [Guide] prefixes to most of them.

[collapse="*sister moves to South Beach*"][collapse="*Steals her room*"]
[/collapse][/collapse]

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Picture yourself using a really large Cymbal as a table for a fine evening meal.

Now picture me walking up and flipping that table onto your lap.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Good to see this thread was bumped so I don't have to do it lol

I'll probably make a tournament here on december.
A big one.

More details as they come.

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys, what's been happening?

I lost my Brawl in a system crash earlier, so I can't play brawl any more(and sadly didn't get a chance to play with anyone before that either) sadly. I see the URC got disbanded, no comments ont aht though, because I make the rules where I play :)

URC's disbanding is clearly just another step towards my ideal of all stages play!!!

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Oh yeah, I can't wait to go to Warioware (so I can see how badly a GC controller can break a TV)

But what makes Jungle Japes banned normally?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I think people have said things like..water camping? That could work as an argument but AFAIK it's just theorycraft so far.
*sigh* We need more experimental tournaments.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
We need to have tournaments that aren't too drastic, something as small as adding Jungle Japes / Pictochat / Pirate Ship and those types of stages, but one at a time so that their competitive viability can be tested a bit.

Here in AZ, these sort of things don't really happen though :\ we just use Japanese Ruleset for pretty much everything.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
We need to have tournaments that aren't too drastic, something as small as adding Jungle Japes / Pictochat / Pirate Ship and those types of stages, but one at a time so that their competitive viability can be tested a bit.

Here in AZ, these sort of things don't really happen though :\ we just use Japanese Ruleset for pretty much everything.
I tried to do that, then everybody stopped attending, but never really complained about anything...

Also, sorry to hear they killed stage variety over there.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I'm hoping we bring back some stages, not the 6 stagelist tournies that happen now, since URC disbanded. I think we are using Japanese so that MK can stay legal, but now that no official ruleset is established, we might start experimenting (one can only hope)

Life

Smash Hero
If followed to its logical conclusion, this would allow for a more flexible TO option based ruleset that over time worked towards a national standard within a year time frame. Given I was going to update the ruleset, the first wave of options would have been the following:

- Roughly 58% of tournaments used the URS
- Brinstar is Optionally Banned (75% of Non-URS tournaments)
- Rainbow Cruise is Optionally Banned (75% of Non-URS tournaments)
- Pokemon Stadium 2 is Optionally Banned (75% of Non-URS tournaments)
- Castle Siege is optionally a counter pick stage (75% of Non-URS tournaments)
- Pokemon Stadium is optionally a counter pick stage (75% of Non-URS tournaments)
- Metaknight is optionally legal (60% of Non-URS tournaments)
...eff Japan.

I really hate that everyone has this hype for using the Japanese ruleset, because that's probably the most boring ruleset to watch in existence, and it's also really restricting when you're playing on it.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
I have played in 3 rulesets: Japanese, Unity, and everything legal.

Even with my hate of RC, I found Unity to be the best, and Japanese as second. Having every first match at Smashville is kind of annoying, the matches are more skill based, but they are also a lot more boring.

I made this really drastic stagelist a month or so ago.. I liked how it sounded, but I don't think anyone would come to a tournament with the stages I had legal and CP and everything.

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I really would rather have more stages by disregarding MK and/or certain tactics than play on 3 stages and see people doing the same stuff for 6+ hours during a tournament... Smashville allows some more different gimmicks (platform cancel), but come on...
I won't deny it requires certain skills to be polished in order to succeed, but stage diversity does as well, a different skillset, but fundamentals are still there.

------
Also, reading a certain thread somewhere, I realized I'd play Melee if Poké Floats were legal.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Pokefloats were legal in some regions back in the day. I know they used to be legal in MI, and that's why I practiced that stage so I could CP people there to **** with them. Too bad I never went to more than a handful of tournies, so I never got to do it more than like, once.

MEOW1337KITTEH

Smash Lord
NNID
daniel7001
Learning to counter annoying tacticts is a part of the game. Nstead of saying "Oh my gawd snake dacus iz so op we need to ban it" we can say "what are the dacus's hitboxes and how do we hit him first? Banning problems can't be a solution, unless it makes it luck based (Warioware) or more biased than anything else (Shadow Moses Island)

:phone:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Awww, a local guy that's currently living in Pittshburg just told me about a tournament he wants to attend by next month (a big one), featuring a Japanese Ruleset.
He told me "It sounds boring, I preffer your 41532 stages list".
I almost shed a tear here.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Of course I would! You and some people from this board, MK board or MLP thread, a very short list you're included in. :)

Too bad I don't have any money on me....

If there was a good Smash scene in Puerto Rico, I'd invite you over and house you, but I mean, Apex stage list in PR and stuff. :/

Double post cause it was 3 days ago.

What are you guys' thoughts on Rudder Camping? A sudden motivations struck to make a video on something stage-specific to put on Smash News, and I feel like rudder camping would make a good first step.

Or you know, Pirate Ship as a whole...

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Well, hello stage crew! It's been a while. I was in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd stop by and say hello.

*face darkens* I've... heard rumors. Grim rumors. Rumors that stages lists have gotten more restrictive since I was here last (that is to say, like, 6 months ago). Is... is it true? Is the darkness claiming us?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Oh, those Grim rumors? I wouldn't worry about those. Those were mainly awesome rumors, ones about lasers and explosions. The occasional face-punch -> supernova. You know: the standard stuff.

You know, if I would have waited 10 more minutes, I probably wouldn't have had to double post.....

Anyways, the rumors are true, Grim Tuesday is two-timing his girl for another man (that he doesn't even love!!) the general community has been favoring a smaller stage list ever since Apex, where they had Brinstar and Rainbow Cruise banned, and where they discovered the oh so glorious "Japanese ruleset" which only includes 3 stages (6 if you're extra liberal!!!).

These are harder times...

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
*sigh* That's what I was afraid of. You know, SSB4 should just come with Battlefield, and that's it. One stage, that's all we need. Don't waste time making anything else.

...wait, scratch that. Have the game come with BF standard, and make 100 paid DLC stages. Nintendo will have all of the monies and we just won't have to bother with any of it. That way, we can have the whole "Well, everyone might not have the DLC" excuse for leaving out content from tournaments.

Win / win?

Top Bottom