• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Teh Future

Smash Master
This is NOT confirmed as monthly tournaments. This is being used as a test run and with a decent turnout, good reception, and some luck it will turn into a monthly event.
lrn2rd

even if it does turn into a monthly thing there will most likely be a gap between the first event and the others

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
A month and a half may be way too much time to plan a mini-smashfest, but definitely not too much time to plan a tournament :p

DO WORK FUTURE

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i sware, all of mentok's posts are soo entertaining lol.

btw, anyone know the person who had the hacked wii at SMYM11?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'm not going to WashU anymore for the rest of April. My allergies were KILLING me.

Nuris

Smash Lord
i named my magnemite guile and deleted all the moves but sonic boom
i made a team of 4 squirtles and a raticate named master splinter
i named my character ludacris and only trained pokemon with roll out

theres a lot you can do with these games xD

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I have been fighting with the safari zone for the last couple of hours... it's where all the good pokemonz are but it takes forever to get anything done. also the very idea of breeding scares the crap out of me.

does anyone know if you can stack hail and sandstorm?

Nuris

Smash Lord
all weather effects negate each other
you can only have 1 up at a time

Nicole

Smash Champion
steve, if you ever make a team, i feel like it's going to be the gayest team i've ever battled.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
steve, if you ever make a team, i feel like it's going to be the gayest team i've ever battled.
says the Trick Room user

Steve: if you don't like breeding you shouldn't use hail

look up Walrein(build=stallrein) on Smogon. without one of those hail team=Fail team
you can also throw anything with hidden power out the window too lol it's too difficult.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
nicole, you have no ****ing idea. I plan on making rediculously obnoxious.

well i will be fine breeding to get the right nature... but getting the right IVs and nature to hell with that. and i have no desire to try and figure out hidden power bs

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
nicole, you have no ****ing idea. I plan on making rediculously obnoxious.

well i will be fine breeding to get the right nature... but getting the right IVs and nature to hell with that. and i have no desire to try and figure out hidden power bs
I could give a **** less about IV's. I don't have the patience to get that correct. I'll just EV train/get the right nature and see where that takes me. It's not like I'm going to go to Pokemon tourney's or anything.

And I'll probably just being doing dubs, so, whoever I'm dubbing with can pick up on my slack. ;)

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I could give a **** less about IV's. I don't have the patience to get that correct. I'll just EV train/get the right nature and see where that takes me. It's not like I'm going to go to Pokemon tourney's or anything.

And I'll probably just being doing dubs, so, whoever I'm dubbing with can pick up on my slack. ;)
when do you guys play? I can never go MMM's tuesdays because i have class till 9:15 and homework due every wednesday

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lmao nuris. i've never heard of anyone doing that. thats a gag.

btw, Bomb Voyage on Rainbow Cruise? have u guys tried that?

Blitzbolt_

Smash Cadet
Wikipedia game - Smash edition!

Rules:
1. Pick a smash vid
2. Get to "WOMBO COMBO!!!!" in 3 or less clicks (click = one of the related videos). No using that back button!
3. Watch the Wombo Combo!!

example, here's the first one we did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tMO0bo1HnY
Isai (Falcon) vs. Ken (Marth) Match 4
-> Forward (Falco) vs Isai (Falcon)
-> 2nd Best Team Combo Ever?
-> WOMBO COMBO!!!!

it's like everything leads to wombo combo!

another example, random binyan vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE0K5f6lQfE
Bpro(sheik) vs darkatma(falco)
-> Silence - Only Knees Included
-> WOMBO COMBO!!!!

only two clicks! this is too easy!!

last one, bomb voyage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktqgvpLKhyg
A SSBM Custom-made Mini Game: Bomb Voyage
-> Just a little combo vid
and then we saw UGS combo in the related, and already knew we won. XD

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
when do you guys play? I can never go MMM's tuesdays because i have class till 9:15 and homework due every wednesday
Dunno, I haven't played them yet, but once I get my own DS (Nintendo making the cartridge and the DS a set? Wtf is this I don't even...) we could try Wifi since it's not absolutely balls.

Nicole

Smash Champion
says the Trick Room user

Steve: if you don't like breeding you shouldn't use hail

look up Walrein(build=stallrein) on Smogon. without one of those hail team=Fail team
you can also throw anything with hidden power out the window too lol it's too difficult.
What's so gay about Trick Room? Besides, my team is hardly gay. I have no dragons or legendaries...and I use a MAROWAK. That guy is terribad. We should have a Melee players vs Brawl players Pokemon tournament :psycho:

@Steve, don't worry about Hidden Power, it's ********. Do worry about getting good IVs though, they really make a difference. My second team has really good IVs and should be way gayer than my Trick Room team when it's complete.

Currently, I'm trying to catch a good Zapdos...it's not going well.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
What's so gay about Trick Room? Besides, my team is hardly gay. I have no dragons or legendaries...and I use a MAROWAK. That guy is terribad. We should have a Melee players vs Brawl players Pokemon tournament :psycho:
what's gay about trick room isn't that its overpowered, its just really annoying when unexpected.

"Uxie/Bronzong/Azelf/dusknoir used Trick Room!"
translated into english
"You know all those hours you spent breeding and eving for max speed? Up yours!"

its a good thing nothing makes permanent trick room that would be really bad

Top Bottom