• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nicole

Smash Champion
spent a few hours yesterday trying to breed pokemon... didn't get one out that matched what I am looking for. I'm quickly getting to the point where I don't give a **** anymore.
heh, my 100 worthless chimchars say hello. along with my 130 mudkips and my 70 piplups.

however, if you have your mommy and daddy pokemanz hold the right items, they can pass one of their ivs along to the baby. i didn't know that when i was trying to make an infernape, swampert, and empoleon however. the more you know.

gtfo chewwy. :037:

alt-F4

Smash Ace
ok well then i won't be playing teams... which is good cause then i will be going into singles without hating myself for sucking in doubles.

unless someone really needs a partner... i really don't care all that much either way

wait i need an item to pass on IV's... its possible that I will be killing someone

Saffy

Smash Ace
I just wanted to introduce myself, as I am moving to Missouri in May most likely, unless my friends kidnap me lol . I'll be moving to Rolla, so about 2 hours away from St. Louis -.- ughh far.
I just thought it'd be more appropriate here, then to just start posting out of nowhere
My name is Saffy ( I have an AIB Under that name as well). I have been playing brawl since October 2008 (and video games since I was 4, so 14 years). I am currently 18 years old. I've only played melee like once and it's soo hard XD. Bizkit (CT Snake) got me into the game and into the wonderful community so I thank him alot.
For brawl I main Kirby. And I also use Snake, G&W, Peach, & Mk in doubles. (OH AND GANON FOR LOW TIERS XD)
I'm not very good but I hope to get better, though I know once I move I have a less chance of playing, since I will no longer have WiFi.
Soo.. I really would like to go to tournaments here, but I'm not sure if you guys have them often?
So please let me know when the next one is :D
Thank you! I hope to get to know you guys more.

Saffy

Smash Ace
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn lol

We already have 2 girls in the stl (brawl) scene.

and one mains kirby lol

edit:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269655

hopefully this will turn into a monthly thing.
O-o Ahh that's cool, Where I am from (Arizona), I am the only girl in the scene!
Ohh I also use Falco sometimes in tourney!

I guess most girls use kirby, peach, pika, link, marth or zelda O-o Though I'm into the more manly characters lol. (Snake kirby is cutee and Rob Kirby <3) I would totally main Ganon if someone helped me with him. The matchup's are really hard for me well like ice climber match up and Jiggz match up X_X". Oh well, Luckily no one here mains any of those characters. We just have snakes, Robs, Warios & Mk's in AZ.

And is that the one on the 24th? FAE told me about that but I won't be in Missouri on that date, You should make one soon so I can go :o! I'd love to meet New smash people. Most people think I'm not real or inui which is annoying.

I really am excited to meet you guys though, I think I've only heard about Legan when it comes to Missouri

alt-F4

Smash Ace
O-o Ahh that's cool, Where I am from (Arizona), I am the only girl in the scene!
Ohh I also use Falco sometimes in tourney!

I guess most girls use kirby, peach, pika, link, marth or zelda O-o Though I'm into the more manly characters lol. (Snake kirby is cutee and Rob Kirby <3) I would totally main Ganon if someone helped me with him. The matchup's are really hard for me well like ice climber match up and Jiggz match up X_X". Oh well, Luckily no one here mains any of those characters. We just have snakes, Robs, Warios & Mk's in AZ.

And is that the one on the 24th? FAE told me about that but I won't be in Missouri on that date, You should make one soon so I can go :o! I'd love to meet New smash people. Most people think I'm not real or inui which is annoying.

I really am excited to meet you guys though, I think I've only heard about Legan when it comes to Missouri
David (Future) mains Ice climbers but plays all the characters you listed absurdly well (including ganon). Anyway welcome and hopefully you will be able to make it up for some tourneys and whatnot.

on a sidenote I think me not playing smash and doing nothing but SFIV has made me better at smash recently... I still have no desire to play anyone but diddy, but i was doing better with him yesterday.

well off to practice brawl and SFIV tech skillz see you guys later

Teh Future

Smash Master
^u mad I cant play most of the characters she talked bout.

i dont know what your car/ride situation and work/school situation is, but Metal Music Man also hosts smashfests at his house every week in st. peters which might be more around an hour from rolla (not really sure about that just guessing)

I just spent 380 dollars for someone to put a soomething in my car wtf im pissed.

also I think my trolling powers are leveling up or some **** LOL

alt-F4

Smash Ace
^u mad I cant play most of the characters she talked bout.

i dont know what your car/ride situation and work/school situation is, but Metal Music Man also hosts smashfests at his house every week in st. peters which might be more around an hour from rolla (not really sure about that just guessing)

I just spent 380 dollars for someone to put a soomething in my car wtf im pissed.

also I think my trolling powers are leveling up or some **** LOL
wait what? why would i be mad? she said she plays snake, rob and ganon. you used to main rob... your snake is stupid good... and your ganon is pretty good.

sometimes i think you just slap the keyboard and hope words come out on the screen...

Nicole

Smash Champion
Man, STL gets all the ladies. You better be hot, Saffy, if you are, I'll teach you how to play real good ;) There's a girl that's actually good who plays in STL too, but she's pretty ugly and she's already dating someone anyway. The other girl is pretty cute, but she's already rejected me like 90 times.

Btw, I'm from Columbia, so if you ever want to come up to STL on Tuesdays with me, you could meet me in Columbia and I'll drive you, as long as you don't want to leave STL particularly early (I usually leave around 1 am or whenever Will kicks me out).

Cook

Smash Master
Ironboots, give it a rest. No girl is ever going to be interested in you. How many times do I have to reject you before you realize you're just too ugly?

Cook

Smash Master
Ironboots, give it a rest. No girl is ever going to be interested in you. How many times do I have to reject you before you realize you're just too ugly?

Teh Future

Smash Master
wait what? why would i be mad? she said she plays snake, rob and ganon. you used to main rob... your snake is stupid good... and your ganon is pretty good.

sometimes i think you just slap the keyboard and hope words come out on the screen...
wtf u wanna fight about it? she never said dat u mad

i dont play kirby peach zelda wtf u mad son

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I guess most girls use kirby, peach, pika, link, marth or zelda O-o Though I'm into the more manly characters lol. (Snake kirby is cutee and Rob Kirby <3) I would totally main Ganon if someone helped me with him.
l2read nub... I will fight you any day, any time... you're only 8 so it shouldn't be too hard.

...also seriously ironboots give it a rest, its starting to make everyone in the group uncomfortable

Saffy

Smash Ace
Lol you guys are funny... :D I think I'll get along with you.
Idk where Columbia is, I just know where I'm moving no one who plays smash is near me and I'm going to get horrible for not playing. I'd totally want to go to smashfests or have people to play with ;-; since I have no friends there.

Idk who to main to be honest -.- I get soo bored of using just 1 character, though in order to get good I need to do that. I like playing on random a bit too much ... Charizard is amazing toooo... The only character I will not consider playing is Luigi... or Ice climbers lol I can't even like back throw to nana 90% of my tries... and luigi's sliding messes me up...

Also does it matter what I look like lol.
I am blonde. and short. Hrm.

Oh the past 3 summers I have lived in Missouri... I almost went to a tournament last year before I left back to Arizona, but My parents couldn't drive me to St. Louis at the time. Most people just look at me funny there though it's a bit weird...

Oh I actually was going to start maining Rob at one point, but then I decided kirby because he's too cute when he gets all those abilities ... Rob is still in mind and so is DDD... and so is the rest of the roster... I just need help figuring which character fits my playstyle the best, In teams I can hold 3 stocks when everyone has 1, yet actually do well and help my teammate. But yeah Idk :3 I just play the game like super safe D:

alt-F4

Smash Ace
for the sake of you knowing what you are getting into here... i will go ahead and set the record straight.

Ironboots is a girl and most likely didn't write that post. cook , who is a guy, most likely used her screen name to make a weird and possibly awkward situation and then responded to it to give it more credibility... i joined in cause i thought it would be kind of funny, but now i'm thinking it might be best not freak you out before you meet any of us. so on that note it really doesnt matter what you look like.

when it comes to mains I can't help you out... I suck with diddy, but since I hate everyone else and love him I will stick with him till i die. which metal music man will probably facepalm when he reads this seeing as all he ever wants me to do is play more characters. wuv u willie ;)

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
In teams I can hold 3 stocks when everyone has 1, yet actually do well and help my teammate. But yeah Idk :3 I just play the game like super safe D:
that sounds kinda familiar:laugh:

except I'm on the Melee side of things

btw for st louis brawlers yall need to have a smashfest that is not on a Tuesday so I can finally meet all of you.

Tuesday=emo day because life sucks on tuesdays

Saffy

Smash Ace
for the sake of you knowing what you are getting into here... i will go ahead and set the record straight.

Ironboots is a girl and most likely didn't write that post. cook , who is a guy, most likely used her screen name to make a weird and possibly awkward situation and then responded to it to give it more credibility... i joined in cause i thought it would be kind of funny, but now i'm thinking it might be best not freak you out before you meet any of us. so on that note it really doesnt matter what you look like.

when it comes to mains I can't help you out... I suck with diddy, but since I hate everyone else and love him I will stick with him till i die. which metal music man will probably facepalm when he reads this seeing as all he ever wants me to do is play more characters. wuv u willie ;)

Lol that's kind of creepy... >.>...

I guess you guys will see what I look like when I get to go to a tourney or smashfest or whateverz~ though if you look on my Aib you can see lol

I tried diddy, but he is soo hard :( Nanerz are annoying too I just go pit, for that match up.
I just learned how to glide toss, so that Might help me with Diddy.(It took me forever to actually learn it) Least I knew how to Dacus, SO I'm not totally stupid.
I believe I have heard of you before Alt... Your name seems super familiar to me.
I think my problem in Brawl is I have no patience after like the first 3 mins, then I'm just throwing smashes all over the place = horrible. Peach I kind of am more consistent through out the whole match, same with snake. I know a bit more about Peach & Ganon then any other characters, like tech wise. I know about her dtilt slide turnip pull thing & Glide toss, combo's etc.. I actually read up about her.
Hmm but yah I'd be greatful for any help once I am there :). I'd like to become like decent >.>"

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There was a mod called Alt-F4 for the southwest which is probably where you recognize the name from.

Are you the same saffy that trevor is crazy about? lol.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
There was a mod called Alt-F4 for the southwest which is probably where you recognize the name from.
This, there is absolutely no reason you would ever know me. I am easily the worst one in the regular stl scene.

Trent

Smash Champion
Lol that's kind of creepy... >.>...

I guess you guys will see what I look like when I get to go to a tourney or smashfest or whateverz~ though if you look on my Aib you can see lol

I tried diddy, but he is soo hard :( Nanerz are annoying too I just go pit, for that match up.
I just learned how to glide toss, so that Might help me with Diddy.(It took me forever to actually learn it) Least I knew how to Dacus, SO I'm not totally stupid.
I believe I have heard of you before Alt... Your name seems super familiar to me.
I think my problem in Brawl is I have no patience after like the first 3 mins, then I'm just throwing smashes all over the place = horrible. Peach I kind of am more consistent through out the whole match, same with snake. I know a bit more about Peach & Ganon then any other characters, like tech wise. I know about her dtilt slide turnip pull thing & Glide toss, combo's etc.. I actually read up about her.
Hmm but yah I'd be greatful for any help once I am there :). I'd like to become like decent >.>"
Main Sonic.

Saffy

Smash Ace
This, there is absolutely no reason you would ever know me. I am easily the worst one in the regular stl scene.
I really doubt you are bad... >.> When I move there, I will be the worst, I usually get last at the tournies here in singles, but in doubles I get top 5 everytime XD I hate singles, I have like something against it, that makes me do horrible in the end :(. /sniffle

Oh I also like G&W.... ALOT, his nair is soo fun to spam :D

EDIT: Idk I can't really control sonic too well, He's one of the most annoying characters to play against though :(

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Welcome, Saffy! It's really hilarious that we are getting ANOTHER girl smasher. Lol, it's funny because Nicole (Ironboots) is S-TIER GAWD-LIKE legit and can **** a lot of people and Rauleen (Radium88) has gotten a lot better recently and is approaching legit status. So not only do we have all the girl smashers, they are actually good at the game! Hooray! Look, I'm being pseudo sexist in my first post to you! Hi my name is Will, btw. Lawlawlawl welcome to St. Louis :D

At any rate, yeah I host every Tuesday at 5pm for Brawl, so try to get a ride with Nicole (Ironboots) if you can so you can meet us all :)

Once again, welcome to STL and please don't be scared away by our awkwardly weird and unique sense of humor :p

I think me not playing smash and doing nothing but SFIV has made me better at smash recently... I still have no desire to play anyone but diddy, but i was doing better with him yesterday.

well off to practice brawl and SFIV tech skillz see you guys later

Pretty much all fighting games make you better at other fighting games. Hell, at that, most good competitive games just make you better at other competitive games. This is why I can "naturally" pick things up. ;)

So yeah, keep doing what you're doing. Except don't keep just playing Diddy. Stop doing that. lol /smooches.

Top Bottom