• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I don't think I'm going to enter doubles after all. We haven't really had a chance to practice and see what works. Geno + Lixi = team?
Well I never get to practice much teams either, but let's do it Geno. Team "True Neutral Good", just ban Yoshi's and we're golden.

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
Ganon is your main, and he loses to my Mewtwo. Modding your controller isn't going to change that.
IIRC, the only character I've even used against your Mewtwo is my godawful Falcon that I'd picked up just a couple months before.

I do remember my Ganon beating your jiggz and fox, however.

Radium88

Smash Lord
You better kick that sickness' *** by tomorrow Will. I command thee.

Um...but seriously, feel better.

@ Tmacc: Check yo PM....

@ DLA: Thinking of doing HD Remix in maybe maybe September.

@ Cook: Still live on Queen Ann? Bec that is waht you posted and that is where I'm going. Txt me otherwise. Expect us between 5 - 6 hopefully...

Nuris

Smash Lord
IIRC, the only character I've even used against your Mewtwo is my godawful Falcon that I'd picked up just a couple months before.

I do remember my Ganon beating your jiggz and fox, however.
prolly cuz you have a ****ty memory and just make **** up

i will MM you any time

edit: or rather i would but i would feel bad taking money from a little kid. next time we play i will make sure to record all the times i beat your mains with characters i do and don't play.
also, regardless of who you were playing and how long you were playing that character, i was playing mewtwo, so no johns

Cook

Smash Master
Will, I think we both got the same sickness on Tuesday, because I'm getting sick, too. But not sick enough to keep me from going. Well... I guess the ride will be more comfortable...

Yes, Rauleen, that is still my address.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
beads of jadeeee for beauty
you must proudly show
add a CRICKET, just for luck
and even you can't blow it!

ancestors
hear my plea
help me not to make a fool of me
and bring honor to my family tree

please bring honor to us
please bring honor to us
please bring honor to us all!!!

hahahahah YEAH GO MULAN

BINYAN GET YOUR *** HERE WE HAVE SCRUBS TO ****

Lixivium

Smash Champion
lol alex the other alex wants us to depart tmrw morning, and since he's driving he has final say
so we'll probably leave early tmrw and get there.
So it looks like this is how it's going to work. I can't get ahold of Geno, but if he wants to veto he'd better do it soon.

Geno should get to my house by 7:00 AM tomorrow, we'll then pick you up at WashU.

Actually we could leave as early as you guys want. You are welcome to sleep in the car on the way.

I would prefer to be back on the same day but we'll see how late it is. In other words don't be making it into Winner's Finals if you don't want to stay in Champaign overnight. Bring a sleeping bag just in case.

Can somebody get ahold of a GPS device?? I don't feel safe driving around Champaign without one.

Teh Future

Smash Master
uhhhh ya Tmacc I think that means Im teamin with Nicole sorry =( if you want I can help you find a teammate there, since there are always cats lookin, or you can post in the topicx.

sucks everycat is dropping out.

darkatma

Smash Hero
So it looks like this is how it's going to work. I can't get ahold of Geno, but if he wants to veto he'd better do it soon.

Geno should get to my house by 7:00 AM tomorrow, we'll then pick you up at WashU.

Actually we could leave as early as you guys want. You are welcome to sleep in the car on the way.

I would prefer to be back on the same day but we'll see how late it is. In other words don't be making it into Winner's Finals if you don't want to stay in Champaign overnight. Bring a sleeping bag just in case.

Can somebody get ahold of a GPS device?? I don't feel safe driving around Champaign without one.
lolll let's try for 6:30 instead of 7 just to be safe. I'll make sure to sleep early today. Oh yeah and i actually have a sleeping bag this time :D

Radium88

Smash Lord
yeah that sux will. feel better dood :(

david, pickin u up at your house then between 4 & 4 30 i hope.

we may be takin ctx aka james too if will is still not able to go by 4. imma txt him today that we may have room. he txted me earlier in the week but we didn't have room.

Teh Future

Smash Master
rauleen if you/steve/corey are there today before then Ill come over and smash if anyone is interested. Then you wont have to pick me up.

Also is SYMY this weekend to? looks like both brawl and melee cats are traveling this weekend. good luck gaiiiiiiis!!!111111

Tmacc

Smash Lord
No worries David. I'll forgive you as long as you promise to give me alot of friendlies in the Rauleen mobile on the way to Columbia. :D

MO: we kick rear, we boast, even though we aren't near the coast.

G'luck at SYMY. =)

Teh Future

Smash Master
mmm whatever no koast is way bigger than smym

best players in brawl+one of the best regions in brawl(texass) >> some good regional melee players lolllll

WAIT WTF we can play games in your car rauleen?

Im bringin my snes gaymes if this is the case.

Radium88

Smash Lord
dunno who will be there before 4 but i will be there around 4 depending on tmacc ;p and traffic. it would be cool if u could be there around 4. gonna try to leave by 4 15 and possibly pick up ctx. and yes, my "mobile" has a small tv and av hook ups and i bought a plug. bring movies too if u want. i have hook and coming to america ;p heh one bein more legit than the other.

good luck melee crew!!! u wanna be the very best, that no one ever was! drive safely pls

Legan

Smash Lord
Yea david SMYM is way bigger than NK lol plus its `only 3 hours away. NK isnot even worth it, 6/7 hour drive for uncomfortable housing +30 dollar entry fee plus 20 for dubz and singles that ends on sunday lmao not to mention gas and food all for a video game?! lol no thanks. Ill just wait for the showdown which might be worth that kind of expense.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
i did kind of want to go. since its at a convention it would have been nice to have something to do after not making it out of pools.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
PHIL!
I will battle my D/P team! Let's do it!

No items.
No Ubers
Final Destination.

Umbreon, Metagross, Heracross, Gengar, Blissey, and Dragonite. All lvl 100 and Ev'd. God, I'm a nerd.

Battle on. :D
I know I'm a super casual player and all, but who actually plays with no held items? go farm some berries at least dude

Nuris

Smash Lord
I lost my Pokemon Diamond, I think on an airplane so it's probably gone forever... :'(
So give me some time to put an ENTIRELY new team together on Platinum. FML.

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
I lost my Pokemon Diamond, I think on an airplane so it's probably gone forever... :'(
So give me some time to put an ENTIRELY new team together on Platinum. FML.
can Diamond battle with platinum? why do you have both games?

Nuris

Smash Lord
Yeah, Platinum is like the Crystal of Gen. IV. Battling Diamond with Platinum is pretty much like battling Diamond with Pearl. I have Platinum because I thought it would be fun to start a new game, and to get some of the exclusive Pokemon from the new version.

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
I just took the SAT. It seemed to take forever.

Wooooo HG/SS come out tomorrow.

Also, all the cool kids hack their Pokemon (with legit stats) nowadays. It's certainly preferable to spending 5 hours fighting Golducks for SpA EVs and spending like a months breeding for 30s in IVs.

EDIT: Is there a SMYM livestream?

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Also, all the cool kids hack their Pokemon (with legit stats) nowadays. It's certainly preferable to spending 5 hours fighting Golducks for SpA EVs and spending like a months breeding for 30s in IVs.
not legit. using hacked pokemon and stolen movesets off the internet takes all the fun out of battling. we might as well play shoddy or one of the other simulators if you're going to do that crap

Top Bottom