• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Okay we don't have to decide who's driving just yet, but we should decide how long we want to stay in Champaign. I for one don't want to stay there two nights. In fact I would be fine with leaving at 7:00 AM on Saturday but I doubt anyone else would.

Again, Jebus, if we can drive your car, we'll all chip in and pay your tournament entry fee.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Okay we don't have to decide who's driving just yet, but we should decide how long we want to stay in Champaign. I for one don't want to stay there two nights. In fact I would be fine with leaving at 7:00 AM on Saturday but I doubt anyone else would.

Again, Jebus, if we can drive your car, we'll all chip in and pay your tournament entry fee.

I agree. Heading out Sat morning would be much better IMO.

darkatma

Smash Hero
serious?
I mean, I won't mind if we are gonna, but we miss out on smash with all the people staying at the hotels
although sleeping in our own beds sounds grand..

is anyone down for a little bit of smash today? I really want peach vs fox practice while I'm watching armada vids so I can practice some of the stuff he does.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I won't be playing anymore until I finish my test on Friday.

I would be okay leaving Friday afternoon if we were sure to get back Saturday night. There's stuff I could be doing Friday night; if I give that up, I definitely don't want to take half of Sunday getting back.

Daniel_the_Seraph

Smash Ace
There is a point to removing the spring. You can press the L button faster. Makes L canceling and wavedashing a whole lot easier. Plus you can just lightshield with R.

Phil, my Ganon kicks your cat's *** any day of the week. >:O

Also, we have to play Pokeymanz when HG/SS comes out. I'm pretty bad at singles though. I'm a beast at doubles. Doubles Rain Dance team:

Ludicolo/Toxicroak open up

-Toxicroak fake outs to help Ludicolo get a rain dance out. Ludicolo special sweeps with swift swim and heals life orb croak with surf (dry skin).

Azumarill (choice band+ stab +huge power waterfall= :DDDDDDD)

Kingdra (obligatory for rain dance team)

Poliwrath (Damp user to prevent explosions and set up rain dance again if needed)

Latias (More surfing, Thunder, etc.)

Nuris

Smash Lord
Ganon is your main, and he loses to my Mewtwo. Modding your controller isn't going to change that.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Final head count for SMYM?

Me
Geno
Atma
Book
Jebus (?)
Toga (?)

Also vote when you want to leave/come back!

I vote: leave Saturday morning (7:00 SHARP), come back Saturday night or Sunday morning

Nicole

Smash Champion
wow those voting lists are ********. corey below izaw?
oh well...i guess it's whoever posts the most and gets noticed on smashboards as maining that char. :rolleyes:

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Final head count for SMYM?

Me
Geno
Atma
Book
Jebus (?)
Toga (?)

Also vote when you want to leave/come back!

I vote: leave Saturday morning (7:00 SHARP), come back Saturday night or Sunday morning
not going to SMYM for a few reasons

1) Car's Air conditioning is broken
2) no $$$ for anything, including venue fee, entrance fee, gas, food, w/e
3 and most importantly) Almost losing to Pichu and getting buttraped by Toga 20-30 times signals to me that I can't really play at a tourney level. In teams it sort of masks my lack of tech skill, but in Hot Dickings that didn't work too well either. Don't really want to spend my weekend three hours away just to not make it out of pools.

as for Geno's today i still dunno where he lives and I'm allergic to cats :(

Lixivium

Smash Champion
not going to SMYM for a few reasons

1) Car's Air conditioning is broken
Yeah that's not ideal, although it's not THAT hot out just yet.

2) no $$$ for anything, including venue fee, entrance fee, gas, food, w/e
Venue fee is $5. We would have paid your entrance fee if we drove your car, gas money is negotiable. Are you not going to eat on Saturday because you're in St. Louis? Come on.

3 and most importantly) Almost losing to Pichu and getting buttraped by Toga 20-30 times signals to me that I can't really play at a tourney level. In teams it sort of masks my lack of tech skill, but in Hot Dickings that didn't work too well either. Don't really want to spend my weekend three hours away just to not make it out of pools.
Been there, done that. I once played Darkrain for like 20 matches and only won once (against his sandbagging Fox). I've lost 5+ straight friendlies to Deku, Kels, sometimes even Atma, and a number of other people. Everybody who plays Smash has had those experiences.

Also, not making it into brackets is no shame, I've missed brackets plenty of times. Sometimes you don't play your best or you just have bad luck (see Zag, Zig).

Even at Hot Dickings, we did so poorly in teams, and I was playing terrible the whole day (no joke) until singles brackets started. I thought I would go out-and-out for sure, but by some incredible strokes of luck I ended up getting 7th. The point is you never know until you get there.

If you really don't want to go, or you genuinely think you have better things to do, then okay, but don't just say "I'm afraid I'll do badly".

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Lol hey St Louis.

Any plans for a Hot Dickings 2?

Also, I have an odd question... do any of you live in Columbia MO? And have a 27 year old brother named Jeremy? There's a reason I'm asking, trust me XD

Nicole

Smash Champion
@Will: what illness did you get? You'll be able to sleep on the way there in the car, and Friday night in general. Try to get alot of sleep, I hope you get better!

@DLA: I do live in Columbia, however I don't have a brother at all. I am also curious why you've asked. Please enlighten me, worst Ganon that should definitely be below Zoze in the IL power rankings :psycho:

Book!

Smash Journeyman
I didn't make it out of pools last time I went to SMYM, and there's a good chance it'll happen again. Still had a good time.

I don't think I'm going to enter doubles after all. We haven't really had a chance to practice and see what works. Geno + Lixi = team?

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Venue fee is $5. We would have paid your entrance fee if we drove your car, gas money is negotiable. Are you not going to eat on Saturday because you're in St. Louis? Come on.

Been there, done that. I once played Darkrain for like 20 matches and only won once (against his sandbagging Fox).
if I'm in st louis I can eat food I cook/already have instead of spending money elsewhere.

had no idea venue fee was only $5.

no offense to Toga, but losing to Darkrain 20 times > losing to Toga 20 times.

3 hours away roundtrip with my car is 18-20 gallons of gas(roughly $50-60)

its pretty prohibitive considering my parents only give me enough money for one tank of gas a month.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
@DLA: I do live in Columbia, however I don't have a brother at all. I am also curious why you've asked. Please enlighten me, worst Ganon that should definitely be below Zoze in the IL power rankings :psycho:
Zoze should be above EVERYONE lol. He's clearly the best in IL.

The reason I ask is because my sister just started dating someone named Jeremy who is from Columbia, and he apparently has a younger brother that goes to Brawl tournaments :O Any idea who it might be? I think she said that this brawler hasn't been to any tournaments in a while, but I may be mistaken.

I'm just curious because there's a possibility that one of you St Louis weirdos might become my brother in law (or something). :lick:

darkatma

Smash Hero
uhm we don't have rides to your place geno..

me and zach dont have cars
alex has a test tmrw and needs to study
so it is up to chris teng, who is allergic to cats (shouldn't be a problem because the cat isn't allowed indoors)
but geno lives at 22 wydown blvd, which is really easy to remember and really easy to get to.

cmonn jebus, SMYM will be fun. we'll be chipping in for your entree fee anyways, so dont even worry about it lol. Just go to have fun and learn stuff about the game. There'll be people worse than you that you can beat on for sure.

also, we'll all chip in for gas silly. it's not like we're making you pay it all.

MJG

Smash Hero
wow those voting lists are ********. corey below izaw?
oh well...i guess it's whoever posts the most and gets noticed on smashboards as maining that char. :rolleyes:
Its not in a particular order for link at the moment. The top 5 marths and ICs are being decided and they are going down from there.

Also, legan is in the midwest and our region is looked down upon. So he probably didn't get nominated immediately.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I have some kind of flu / cough / I feel like I'm dying disease. I hope I feel better by Friday night, my GF is nursing me with cough medicine and whatnot, haha. I feel a little better now but I have hot and cold flashes like every 2 minutes so I'm probably due for another one soon. Bleh. I already payed for the ticket to NK3 too, asd;lfkjslk;fjsakfljf.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
regardless of if Chris Teng is going to SMYM he should still come to my place tonight. BTW I can pick you guys up if your ready like.......right now...

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I have some kind of flu / cough / I feel like I'm dying disease. I hope I feel better by Friday night, my GF is nursing me with cough medicine and whatnot, haha. I feel a little better now but I have hot and cold flashes like every 2 minutes so I'm probably due for another one soon. Bleh. I already payed for the ticket to NK3 too, asd;lfkjslk;fjsakfljf.
she should try nursing you with laughter... it's supposed to be the best

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
regardless of if Chris Teng is going to SMYM he should still come to my place tonight. BTW I can pick you guys up if your ready like.......right now...
I can come towards campus to pick Binyan and Zach at around 7:00. Just need to finish one more app.

Top Bottom