• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Thanks Nicole for the insight! >_> I'll be back for the rest of you later -stares at Andrew, David, Will and Legan-

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
Umm... to everyone else, let's play sometime this weekend maybe :D
smash and pkmn partay!

phil what lvl are your pokes roughly? i dont want to have to get all my level 70 ish peeps to 100.

or we can do it online if I can find a hotspot somewheres

also, i asked about mixed battle because it would be more casual/fun. like smash bros teams/mario kart vs Street fighter/gran turismo or some other "serious" racing game.

Nuris

Smash Lord
smash and pkmn partay!

phil what lvl are your pokes roughly? i dont want to have to get all my level 70 ish peeps to 100.

or we can do it online if I can find a hotspot somewheres

also, i asked about mixed battle because it would be more casual/fun. like smash bros teams/mario kart vs Street fighter/gran turismo or some other "serious" racing game.
um... right now my pokemon are crap level with crap movesets and crap EV spreads, crap items, crap IVs. All the good pokemon i trained were on my diamond version :'(

but levels dont really matter cuz we can do 100 battle right?

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
um... right now my pokemon are crap level with crap movesets and crap EV spreads, crap items, crap IVs. All the good pokemon i trained were on my diamond version :'(

but levels dont really matter cuz we can do 100 battle right?
LVL 100 battle is only on wifi so unless I can leech somewhere it wont work. Why did nintendo discontinue the USB adapter thing?that thing was so easy to use.

you can do lvl 100 battle offline but it'll be 3v3

w/e i have a lot of "cr4p" pogeymans too when I was catching them for story mode. we can do a few "for the lols" matches.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
When did this become the pokemon chatroom? Can we just start a new thread for St. Louis melee discussion?

Nuris

Smash Lord
STFU MELEE IS FOR ***S POKEMON IS WHERE ITS ATTTTTTT

i havent played melee in like over a month, i need to play soon plz this weekend plzzzzz

Teh Future

Smash Master
ya I didn't know SMYM was that big. why would the midwests biggest melee tourney be in champaign IL?

Skill level at No Koast was really high though. Brackets were completely stacked everyone was complaining about seeding and I was just like uhhh no everyone in bracket is just good lol.

edit: Binyan I dunno if you are being serious or not but nicole has been consistantly placing as high or higher than me and she didnt go to this. I think she is better at most matchups. I don't really think what you place matters beyond top 5ish after that its who you beat and who you lost to.

I beat the best kansas mks there I guess that counts for something though

Nicole

Smash Champion
i agree with the third sentence of david's edit. i dunno who is better between me or you, david, though i doubt i could beat domo on rainbow cruise O_O

anyway, what does STL think of heading east for more tournaments? lots of talent there, plus lots of tournaments, one pretty much every weekend - we could pick and choose which ones we want to spend our time on. seems better than getting hyped for a tournament months in advance and it being a mostly flop...drive to springfield oh is 6 hours, drive to indy is 5, drive to louisville/lexington ky is 5. TX is great, but how often do they come to a MW tournament? anyway, there is a tournament on the 27th i'm investigating in kentucky, i will try to find out who all is going (god kais, springfield, etc) and see if there is alot of talent that's going to be there that we can practice with and get better.

will, you aren't sick anymore, so tomorrow's good for smashing, right?

Teh Future

Smash Master
Will said he still feels sick today, but I think he will post tomorrow whether or not there is smash.

Nicole I will go east with you sooooooo much.... but I have to wait until schools done or at least until I have enough hours to get credits for the work program thingy for school. I think Im done with pizza street lol. Its too hard to get off work and I want to play a lot of smash this summer.

So ya, couple more months and Imma be goin to tourneys.

Binyan you sound surprised that I placed decently at no koast lol. STL is not bad at brawl, we are just inconsistent and drop sets we shouldn't. Andrew should place better but he trys to use mk now for some stupid reason LOL ect ect

Nicole

Smash Champion
you can't make it on the 27th? god kais, springfield, and kentucky are all going to be in lexington, ky. turnout should be at least the size of no koast, but probably closer to 50ish.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Y'all should consider coming to TX for WHOBO2. It's pretty much a national tournament. It's Easter weekend though :/

Cook

Smash Master
Can't do Easter weekend.

And I've only used MK in singles like twice, so anytime I ever do bad it's not because of that.

But when I got 13th at No Koast there were over 100 people, so I'm the beeeeeeest.

Dart

Smash Lord
St louis! im wanting to come up for my spring break to play with you guys, it would be cool if someone could house me! get at me about more info :p

darkatma

Smash Hero
naw future i am proud of you haha

I wanna see you do even better tho.
And yeah we had EC show up at SMYM11, I would've gotten at least 7th if east coast hadn't shown up (aka I got knocked out by 2 EC players loll ****)

yeahh... put st louis on the map guys

also dart I has a sofa in my dorm.

back to pokemon chat:
i like zapdos's pressure effect.

Nuris

Smash Lord
zapdos is pretty good, but i like pressure on suicune cuz it can stall like a motherthumper

alt-F4

Smash Ace
ok so after outlaw bought heart gold yesterday I am seriously considering getting soul silver... but since I have never played pokemon outside of the standard game really i dont know how to make a competitive style team could someone point me in the right direction?

also any news on smash tonight?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I seem to have gotten something else after recovering from my first sickness. Hooray. I'm at work today but I still feel really crappy and I will probably just want to die when I get home. Not looking good for Smash tonight.

I'll probably be more sure after I eat lunch, depending on how that works out for me. (ugh)

p.s. - lmfao @ competitive pokemon

alt-F4

Smash Ace
I seem to have gotten something else after recovering from my first sickness. Hooray. I'm at work today but I still feel really crappy and I will probably just want to die when I get home. Not looking good for Smash tonight.

I'll probably be more sure after I eat lunch, depending on how that works out for me. (ugh)
did you remember to change your tampon? :)

jk wuv u will

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
ok so after outlaw bought heart gold yesterday I am seriously considering getting soul silver... but since I have never played pokemon outside of the standard game really i dont know how to make a competitive style team could someone point me in the right direction?
?
if you wanna get serious
watch this dude. Hes like the m2k of pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/user/mtgxerxes

also smash + rock band friday?

Nicole

Smash Champion

also any news on smash tonight?
DO IT STEVE!!!

Pokemon is a pretty bad competitive game, but it's still fun to build a team and see how they'll do. You should go to "smogon university" - http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/.

It'll tell you everything you need to know about stats, matchups, which pokemon are good, etc. Pokemon are classified in OU, BL, UU, and NU - which is overused, borderline, underused, never used. That'll help when you look at the list of them. You want to use mostly if not all OU pokemon, but there are many to choose from.

Hopefully smogon isn't over you head, since you're so new to the game. It's very detailed but doesn't have a ton of explanation as to what things are. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp might be a better place to start.

Disclaimer - Yes, I am a total loser, I already know.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
thank you jebus and nicole I will look into things... I know competitive pokemon is lol worthy but it seems like it could be fun screwing around and remembering the good ole pokemon days

Cook

Smash Master
There is a lot of luck in competitive Pokemon, but considering that people can win consistently, I don't think it's a TERRIBLE competitive game. And it's fun!

Nicole

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262313 This is the kentucky tournament, 5 hours away, on march 27 that i was talking about. LOOK INTO THIS GUYS.

also, yeah, i did forget ubers, don't use those unless you wanna be a big gay cheater. also, you really shouldn't use too many overpowered pokemon in general, because that's gay...it's like playing mk :psycho:

Top Bottom