• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Radium88

Smash Lord
ahhhh next time i will help run more so you can play at your own tourney! srrsly, that's sacrifice :'(

Binbin, I will call you sometime tomorrow about your Wii probs, but only will I give it back if... you let me play Mario, too :D
Yeah Rauleen, you shouldn't of sacked your pools, could've got me to come help, I was sitting around doing nothing most of the tourney honestly.
Hahaha, no no. I actually preferred not being in it and just focusing on making sure everything ran smoothly. I sometimes have this control freak mindset and I enjoyed TO-ing really. I just want to go to another tournament soon and test the waters! (Pool, get it?)

With an invitation like that i cant refuse.

Im interested in the melee portion too. Donno if anyone else would be down to enter tho
Woah, pretty legit there. Well even so, we can get there before the start of melee singles so you can enter, I guess.

But yeah, I'm set on going to this (VGbootcamp) no matter what since it works better with my schedule. And then if anybody wants to go to IL, they can ride with Cook, right?

Cook

Smash Master
Well, I don't know that I'm going to IL. I want to go to one of them, I think. I'd RATHER go to VGBootCamp, but I'm not sure that I can...

Nicole

Smash Champion
I got an invite too, it has Peach on it, it's like THEY KNOW WHO I PLAY!!

I definitely want to go to that, hopefully it being on a Sunday doesn't **** things up too much for me. If the God Kais can't house us, we can definitely stay with my friend Jane who lives in Indianapolis.

What's this stuff about IL?

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
There was a thread of them asking players names and their character in the midwest, so thats how how they knows who we all play and stuff. But yeah, we have housing for you guys here in cinci.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I'd be very interested in going to VG! Just lemme know what you guys decide. I'm actually interested in going to ANY tournament you guys go to (I'm usually free on the weekends, but need a ride), just keep me updated when you guys decide for sure if you're going to what! :D

Nicole

Smash Champion
There was a thread of them asking players names and their character in the midwest, so thats how how they knows who we all play and stuff. But yeah, we have housing for you guys here in cinci.
Nah, I think they're probably psychic.

How far away from Indy are you guys? And by this I really mean, how early are we going to have to get up after a night of drinking? I definitely want to party with the God Kais, but I also don't want to do ****ty at this bigazz national tournament.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
About 1.5 hrs, so its nothing too big. We probably will end the partying early depending on how everyone is feeling, the club closes at 2 I believe so thats the limit anyways.

Radium88

Smash Lord
we would have to leave around 8 to get there when venue opens and get some friendlies in. 9 at the latest and i will try to make up time. but yeah i want to experience these epic nights i hear so much about.

Cook

Smash Master
I was looking for houses on craigslist... and I saw that you can look for "casual encounters." Had to see what that was all about. Def worth it. So many pictures of dicks!

Cook

Smash Master
we would have to leave around 8 to get there when venue opens and get some friendlies in. 9 at the latest and i will try to make up time. but yeah i want to experience these epic nights i hear so much about.
Hm, it sounds cool to party it up with the God Kais, but drinking and getting up early does sound bad. Really, getting up at 8 sounds bad anyway. I think me and Nicole at least might just stay with one of Nicole's friends in Indy.

Sago

Smash Lord
i live 2 hours northwest of the venue. If thats not a problem my house is almost always empty so im sure i could fit a few people. Hunger lives like 3 hours straight north from the venue and i think is going to the one in IN as well.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Hm, it sounds cool to party it up with the God Kais, but drinking and getting up early does sound bad. Really, getting up at 8 sounds bad anyway. I think me and Nicole at least might just stay with one of Nicole's friends in Indy.
i'm with you on that one, screw drinking and partying and then getting up at 8am.

Cook

Smash Master
Well, Will, you could probably go with us if you want.

Sago, thanks for the offer, but I THINK we have enough housing options already. I think the God Kais are about as close to the venue as you, or maybe closer, and then Nicole's friend is actually IN Indy, so that would def be closer.

Anyway, I also didn't realize that this tournament has a $20 venue fee and there is no discount for bringing a setup. That's pretty ****ty.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Originally Posted by Cook

i'm with you on that one, screw drinking and partying and then getting up at 8am.
Seconded. I would still like to possibly go to this if at all possible, but I wouldnt want to be partying the night before.

Radium88

Smash Lord
i live 2 hours northwest of the venue. If thats not a problem my house is almost always empty so im sure i could fit a few people. Hunger lives like 3 hours straight north from the venue and i think is going to the one in IN as well.
Wait, I thought you guys were going to Webster's? No? Well then see you guys @ Boot camp! ^_^

Well, Will, you could probably go with us if you want.

Sago, thanks for the offer, but I THINK we have enough housing options already. I think the God Kais are about as close to the venue as you, or maybe closer, and then Nicole's friend is actually IN Indy, so that would def be closer.

Anyway, I also didn't realize that this tournament has a $20 venue fee and there is no discount for bringing a setup. That's pretty ****ty.
You don't HAVE to drink and we don't have to stay out too long. Anyways, so does that mean you guys are driving separately? If you guys are then I have room in my car.

If not, I can drop you guys off at Nicole's friend's place and then swing by the next day to pick you all up. Or if her friend can pick you guys up from the venue or drop you off the venue the next day.

I am still going to Today's and probably go out if people are still willing just to let anybody know.

Yeah, that venue fee is jacked up....but apparently there will lots of tvs? I think they should still give a discount to those helping with set ups though.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Here's what would be really cool, but maybe impossible?

We could go to Indy on Friday night and party with the God Kais then? The weekend is going to be pretty much shot anyway, and it'd be more fun to be able to hang out with people for quite awhile before the tournament. It'll be like a roadtrip to visit friends...and also play smash.

LETS DO IT.

Radium88

Smash Lord
The reason I was opting to go to IN was because so I wouldn't have to take off work on Saturday.

@ Cook: And okie dokie. I might be bringing Milk too because I promised him next week I'll take him.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I can't stop reading the Hax/Eggm saga.

Who would have thought Hax was such a petulant, vindictive little punk

TP

Smash Master
God**** reading that took forever. Pretty awesome piece of drama.

Jeremy, I've got a $5 MM in Melee with your roommate Kenith tonight. HYPE!

Top Bottom