• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Future...teh Falcon is a beast. No joke. It just made Chemsitry class 10x better, along with that pic of M2K Will just sent...haha

Nuris

Smash Lord
can probably play sometime later tonight, car might not be working though :/

Book!

Smash Journeyman
where when where?

edit - doubt i'll get a chance to check the boards again today. someone please call me if smash happens.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Hey brawlers, my friend at Wash U is hosting a small tourney on Sat the 13th.

Should be a fun time (and easy $$$).

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
my brother told me about that one.

1) sucks because the payout is not % based and there are going to be loads of scrubs.
2) sucks because they're using HDTVS
3) UBER sucks for Corey because word on the street is you have to be a Wash U student

I think Kyle can take this one pretty easily.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Yo Corey, I'm sure they'd bend the rules to get owned by a bona fide celebrity. I'll speak to the TO.

Chris, I don't think Kyle goes to Wash U anymore.

EDIT - Is HD lag a big deal for brawl?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol guys it's not worth going to
1.i'm for sure it's a washU ppl only thing lalala i ate my words
2. fixed payouts
3. hdtv laggy tvs, free for all with top 2 advancing.
although if you want to go anyways, it's gonna happen in my dorm lolll. You can enter as binyan.

anyways melee going on today at my place at 8-12 probably.
school address is 6515 wydown blvd. my dorm is called mudd. daniel call phil for directions lol

TP

Smash Master
Guys, just let me take this tourney. I'm gonna win it easily if you guys don't come. First is only 50 anyway. Also, Kyle lives in California now, definitely not still at Wash U.

Also Binyan I might come for Melee tonight, since I live in the same building lol.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Alright I just spoke to my friend about it and he said:

1. Anyone can enter. You do not have to be a Wash U student.
2. Standard rules. Double elim brackets. 3 stock. 8 min.
3. Here is the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=285358023391&ref=nf
4. There are ~40 people signed up so far on the facebook page.

Should be a fun time, but don't expect 20 setups like at Rauleen's awesome tourney.

TP

Smash Master
DAMMIT!

50 bucks lost. :(

Still, I made bank today in Magic. I entered a $25 event and won about 120, so whatever.

No TV Binyan, sorry.

Blitzbolt_

Smash Cadet
interesting, last time IEEE hosted a brawl tourney, it was a FFA scrub type ruleset, so i just assumed it was the same for this time's.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
man looks like it could be fun, and we might be able to recruit some more people into the st louis scene... i mean i probably wont win anyway so it will be nice to have some fun at a cheap tourney.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it probably won't be very well run. Don't know how many setups they'll have. I'm just going to support IEEE and maybe whoop Binyan in melee with a big crowd watching.

TP

Smash Master
In Melee, powershielding both hits of Fox's Uair is easier than L-canceling, because the timing for an L-cancel is just so **** hard for me to hit.

TP

Smash Master
There's gonna be 3, MAYBE 4 setups at this thing, lol. That's all the room can support. They may get up to 64 entrants.

Nuris

Smash Lord
The fact that it's an HD or LCD TV has nothing to do with whether it lags or not.
but it does drastically increase the chances of it lagging considerably more than a CRT...

WASH U ONLY GTFO EVERYONE ELSE LOLOLOLOL
really though, it's not worth it :/
if i enter im going all ike

NOT TO MENTION IM GOING TO PWN SOME SCRUBS AT 64 CUZ ONE OF DEM IEEE DBAGS THOUGHT HE COULD TAKE ME

Nuris

Smash Lord
i mean, if you want to travel all the way down here to play people who are no where near as good as the people you normally play with, end up competing people you already play all the time for a small cash prize that will barely cover your gas coming out here (at least with the way prices are these days Q.Q), not to mention you will be spending the majority of your time waiting around doing nothing because they have 2 setups for 50 people, then by all means be my guest....

srrsly if you guys wanna play that bad we should just have a smashfest at my place lol.

Top Bottom