• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Nuris

Smash Lord
i think im going to head over to binyan's/jeremy's right now with zack, so probably there

Teh Future

Smash Master
^hey cool cat. And ya andrew thats the lose I was talking about its unwinnable

David...you are my 2nd favorite Missouri person after last night XD
uhhhhhhhh wtf it was hellarious but Lain went to sleep wtf faaaaag also corey had to go see a girl about a butt or else it would have been sooooo much more lulzy

Nuris

Smash Lord
I just saw that and posted it on my website before reading your post, haha. It's really crazy, but will be banned under the rule of "you can't do anything that freezes the game or your / the opponents character"

Still, weird, haha.
noooo it's so good though for teams, plus if you can hit them out of it, it's all good lolol

hey phil can i get my wii back soon? my mario bros wii file is on it
umm do you want your wii this weekend or sooner? if sooner let me know some time i can meet you and deliver the goods.

Radium88

Smash Lord
I need your guys' thoughts on this.

http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/page/1
I've seen this website before. I'd eat everything except for:

Bacon and Chicken Narwhal because it should be on a pedestal.

Tony's BLT because that just looks effing disgusting.

I second the WTF?

I'm entering my next tourney as Tainted Pickle.
Speaking of next tourney, as much as I would like to go to Joker's again, I personally feel like it's too close to go to. If you guys decide to go, have fun and say hi to the IA peeps for me but I think I will wait for either of these:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=252368

Travel time : About 5 hours and 40 mins
Housing : Not sure because I don't know people there, unless any of you do. I only know Hunger and Sago really but they are both from WI. Dunno who could have potential housing...

Cons : I will have to ask off work at Nestle. It's a 5 hour drive meaning we may need to go there on Friday night meaning 2 nights for housing. Or one if we decide to drive back on Saturday night.

Or

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257434

Travel time : About 4 hours and 16 mins
Housing : Maybe be able to house with Today or Smash, which is 2 more hours East.

I was thinking if this was the case, we could drive to IN on Saturday after I get off work from Nestle which is between 10 to 11. If anybody, like Legan, would like to enter Melee singles, we will make it for that.
We could just check the place out and watch matches then drive to Cincinnati and kick it with the God Kais/other OH people and go clubbing with them or something. Then leave Cincinnati between 7 to 8 30 to go to IN. Hopefully it ends before midnight because then we could just drive home after it.

Cons : It's on a Sunday so the drive back will have to be that night. I don't mind driving and I have work at 8 the next day but I have gone to work with less sleep before so I don't mind. Plus, IF none of use make it to top 10 or something, we could just leave whenever the last of us gets knocked out. So con is that we'll miss GF and other finals.

So yeah, since I didn't get to play at my own tournament, I'm itching to see if I can get out of pools at the next tourney so I want to go to one of those. Preferably the latter due to not having to take off work plus possibly clubbing which I haven't done in weeks, nay months.

Sorry for the wall of text....

Nuris

Smash Lord
ahhhh next time i will help run more so you can play at your own tourney! srrsly, that's sacrifice :'(

Binbin, I will call you sometime tomorrow about your Wii probs, but only will I give it back if... you let me play Mario, too :D

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I think Andrew was trying to get me to do something on the 20th also... but that's my Grandma's birthday so I don't think I can. ...but maybe I will be able to, I dunno I'll have to look into it.

Maybe my family's not doing anything though, I'm not sure. I'll have to look into it and get back to you.

The VG Bootcamp one is cool, since those guys seem to be making an effort to increase fighting game tournaments of all kinds, and that's a cause I can get behind :p

The IL one isn't on Sunday though, so that makes driving more practical.

Either one would probably be fun though.

MetalMusicMan

Double post... sue me.

Check out OS's latest post, it's really good: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262937

I WONDER WHICH ONE I AM AND WHICH ONE ANDREW/NICOLE ARE?!!? haha :p

Since OS argued more for Originalist, Samurai Panda summed things up here for his more "Constructivist" viewpoint. His post and my thoughts here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9457853&postcount=64

also, Future is the 521st best Brawl player, Legan is the 620th, no one else shows up on the list atm though :p

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9370915&postcount=1

Legan

Smash Lord

With an invitation like that i cant refuse.

Im interested in the melee portion too. Donno if anyone else would be down to enter tho

MetalMusicMan

lmfao, wtf is that invitation Legan?! Hahahahaha, that's hilarious.

I didn't get an invitation :(

Anyway VG Bootcamp is shaping up to be awesome. I would love to play Brawl and SF4 there... as long as I'm not stuck doing anything with my family. I'll have to look into that this weekend or something.

Cook

Smash Master
What kind of a loser can't do something because it's his GRANDMA'S birthday? Come on!

Also, ignore Jen and go to Joker's. I need a partner!

Also, I don't think we're coming tonight.

Cook

Smash Master
I was looking at the VGBootCamp thread. It sounds really cool... but I dunno if I can go to a Sunday tournament.

Top Bottom