• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I hack games, too. I started to hack SMRPG, but quickly changed my mind. Same thing for Super Mario World.

Right now, I'm just modding doom stages.

Geno, I hope to see you at NO KOAST. I need more Ike Dittos.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I remember hacking Seiken Densetsu 3 to give myself some rare items, and it led to me taking 20 tries to beat the final boss because I was so underleveled. I only did it because it was already my third playthrough (the game has 3 paths).

Don't remember hacking any other games though.

On another note, I think Bahamut Lagoon is Square's most underrated tactical RPG game.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
i agree with you alex, hacking and even powerleveling always cheapens the experience for me. ffx was one of my favorite rpgs and i was so disappointed when, after i hunted down a few of the "ultimate" weapons, the final sequence became a cakewalk. then again, the elder scrolls style enemy leveling can make it feel like your character is never really getting stronger. i'm not sure what the right answer is from a design perspective.

did anyone else really dig those old school d&d-powered rpgs? black isle stuff. i am talking baldur's gate, planescape: torment, etc. those are some of my absolute favorites.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Oblivion leveling is an atrocity that should be banished from mankind forever.

You want perfection in difficulty, go look at The World Ends With You. It's like the bible of single-player game design.

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
GUYS GUYS GUYS!

I owned my first newb in Melee today! It was excellent. I won with every character I played. Is this what it's like, to play against me?

And TWEWY did pretty much everything right.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Mr. Doom, it would be an honor to MM you. Ike of course, get out of here with that Spamus stuff.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
dont forget our mm thinkaman! i wanna get rid of this bs 2-2 record we have in pools
Of course... Don't expect me to not DI out of d-smashes this time though!

I'm going to u-tilt your jiggs to Kingdom Cumhm.
If it ain't BBrawl, I ain't scared of any Ike. You're gonna be my puppet off-stage!

Chezzles

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys. Smash at 9 at my place. Melee is the focus, but Brawlers are welcome as well. But uh, y'all need to be gone by 11.

Ps- I don't own brawl, if you want to play it bring it.

:)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Ok guys. Smash at 9 at my place. Melee is the focus, but Brawlers are welcome as well. But uh, y'all need to be gone by 11.

I'll come by for a bit; I need your location/phone number.

TP

Smash Master

I'll come by for a bit; I need your location/phone number.

:034:

Nuris

Smash Lord
lolz if chezzles forgets to reply i can call him and then call yous guys

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Turn on your phone if you go! I need somebody to let me in the building because I don't live on campus like the cool kids.

Nuris

Smash Lord
That was fun. I definitely think we should do this more often (smash during the week), but we should find somewhere to go with more space (no offense to Chezzles). My place is open all the time and has lots of space, but few chairs and is not in a convenient location :(
Maybe somewhere on the 40?

I HOPE EVERYONE IS GETTING THEY'RE EPIC POSTS READY!!!
Who's gonna get it????

TP

Smash Master
tp wats the story behind ur nidokingz
The Brawl Ganon Board decided to adopt a Pokemon, and Nidoking made the most sense of any of them. Nidoking is:

1) Always male.
2) Purple.
3) Ground/Poison type, which is pretty badass.
4) In the original 151 (this is why Houndoom lost to him).
5) A king.

More than half of the Brawl Ganon mains have :034: at the end of their posts or in their sigs.

I fully support more smash on campus, and on the 40 especially. So convenient. ^_^

Post 10,000 will be mine! Ha!

:034:

Nuris

Smash Lord
Post 10,000 should go to someone who deserves it, like Zig or Geno. Furthermore, it should be epic, not some double post bull****.

Top Bottom