• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Book!

Smash Journeyman
what a joke. the first movie was garbage and it's only going to get worse without willem dafoe. i am not usually a very opinionated person, but i just can't understand what people see in that moronic franchise.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Watching it again gave me the same thoughts as when I saw it the first time:

"This movie's plot is simplistic, the writing isn't good, and the cinematography is amateurish. ...why am I enjoying it so much?"

I do have to agree with Book on Dafoe though, the sequel has an uphill battle if it wants to be good without him. His scenes basically made the movie.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
the boondock saints is terrible on virtually every level. the story is idiotic. the script is just as bad. every single character in the movie is some ridiculous caricature with a terrible accent, overacted so remarkably that the writers come across as xenophobic (and homophobic) infants. what an absolute piece of ****.

Nuris

Smash Lord
hay guise member when i got teh x2 rest in 2v1 :D
sucked 'cause i still lost :(

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Hey guys I'm starting to set up housing for No KOAST 2 so those of you who are going should either confirm with me in PM or post in the NK2 thread so I can make sure to get you a place to stay the night before.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
the boondock saints is terrible on virtually every level. the story is idiotic. the script is just as bad. every single character in the movie is some ridiculous caricature with a terrible accent, overacted so remarkably that the writers come across as xenophobic (and homophobic) infants. what an absolute piece of ****.
Tell us how you really feel about Boondock Saints

(I've never seen it, but I imagine it's the same way I feel about "Gladiator" or "300")

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
As long as we all like Equilibrium, we're good.

Though in the spirit of full movie disclosure, I will openly admit that I enjoyed Ocean's Twelve.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I'm driving to NO KOAST btw. I am leaving earlyish. That means if you can't leave earlyish, you aren't goign with me. Call spots.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Tell us how you really feel about Boondock Saints

(I've never seen it, but I imagine it's the same way I feel about "Gladiator" or "300")
sorry to go off like that but the popularity of this trashy movie has baffled and annoyed me for as long as i can remember. i can't think of any other movie this bad that maintains such a large group of devout fans.

the other two movies you mentioned are a similar variety of tripe, though i can make it through gladiator without wanting to gouge my eyes out.

I will openly admit that I enjoyed Ocean's Twelve.
i doubt it.

Teh Future

Smash Master
so this boss in earthbound is sooooOooo gay. I hit him with Ice thingy B everytime and he gets like 250 damage every turn and never dies. Then he kills everyone in two hits. WTF

Teh Future

Smash Master
If you have the fly honey from Threed with your then you will go though the battle without losing one point of HP.
Im sooooooooo dumb, why the **** wouldn't I use that? it only told me he likes it like 10289139083921 times.

*facepalm*

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
One day, Mr. Doom is going to find Dr. Doom and rip his heart out with whatever happens to be lying around.

Just as an example.

TP

Smash Master
I now keep my favorite Gamecube controller and an SD card with BBrawl in my backpack at all times, just in case.

In other words, I'm anxious for moar smashing.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
hey chezzles just call me if you want to play. i'm on main campus until the evening most days so a quick smash session in the village would be fun fun fun. i will teach you some of my tricks (not all of them).

Lixivium

Smash Champion
If there is Smashing on Friday at WashU, I might not be going

So if someone is playing Wednesday or Thursday, leave a note here and I'll probably go to that

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Chezzles I would like to stop by sometime tonight as well, if nothing else other than food and stealing garbage bags.

Cook

Smash Master
Im sooooooooo dumb, why the **** wouldn't I use that? it only told me he likes it like 10289139083921 times.

*facepalm*
Future, buy a bunch of bottle rockets from the artillery guy in Threed and have Jeff shoot 'em off. I remember the first time I played Earthbound, I was like, WTF are bottle rockets good for? I used one being like - ****, let's get rid of this thing. And it was magical. Nothing ever stood in my way again. :chuckle:

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Future, buy a bunch of bottle rockets from the artillery guy in Threed and have Jeff shoot 'em off. I remember the first time I played Earthbound, I was like, WTF are bottle rockets good for? I used one being like - ****, let's get rid of this thing. And it was magical. Nothing ever stood in my way again. :chuckle:
Bottle rockets (especially Multi-bottle rockets) take what little challenge there is out of Earthbound. Resist the urge to use them unless you absolutely cannot do it otherwise.

darkatma

Smash Hero
for some reason i always want my characters at level 99.
and i always get all the rare items

meaning..
3 pink tails in FF4 (1/64^2) chance done three times
level 99 all chars in chrono trigger (ayla does 9999 with bronze fist)
level 99 in FF6, with enough ragnarok/illuminas for all chars
level 99 in earthbound with gutsy bat, that ribbon that the girl has, and that rare amulet
etc.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
for some reason i always want my characters at level 99.
and i always get all the rare items

meaning..
3 pink tails in FF4 (1/64^2) chance done three times
level 99 all chars in chrono trigger (ayla does 9999 with bronze fist)
level 99 in FF6, with enough ragnarok/illuminas for all chars
level 99 in earthbound with gutsy bat, that ribbon that the girl has, and that rare amulet
etc.
Hacking games cheapens the experience.

Top Bottom