• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I learned how to L cancel and played against competitive players for the first time in late 2007. Now I can hang with all the big boys.

Whos to say you cant do the same? Keep at it.

As far as beating me though...dont be silly <3
Maybe someday you'll be able to play more than just Link. ;)

Playing the same character all the time (outside of tourneys) is boring.

Legan

Smash Lord
Maybe someday you'll be able to play more than just Link. ;)

Playing the same character all the time (outside of tourneys) is boring.
Im pretty sure Ive been playing falco/falcon and a little marth.

If playing only link bored me than wouldnt that completely defeat the purpose of me playing the game?

Teh Future

Smash Master
Playing the same character period is boring.

Unless your legan, then its just badass.

edit: lol i posted that before I saw legan's post

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Im pretty sure Ive been playing falco/falcon and a little marth.
I don't think I've ever played your Falco or Falcon. You should play them more often.

If playing only link bored me than wouldnt that completely defeat the purpose of me playing the game?
I mean it's boring to play against. (And in my case I find it boring to play as too)

Like you know how Kyle only played Jigglypuff in Melee? As good as it was, it got real tiring to play against after a while.

The Milk Monster

Smash Champion
My buddy only mains IC's in Brawl, and I can relate, it's pretty boring after awhile.
I try to vary my roster to keep them on their toes, and to keep my interest.
The only main I've stuck with are Ness, Marth, and Snake, and I still don't play them that much.
I kinda' cycle through those three, ROB, Pit, Sonic, Lucas, Mario, and Falcon.
Man pre' much everyone.

Radium88

Smash Lord
I dont think I ever want to play another puzzle game after portal, it will just make everything seem bad in comparison.

Castle Crashers is epic though. bets beat em up evah.

Speaking of which since I pwned Super Mario World Im bringing Turtles in Time tomorrow and im totally playing snes this time instead of that crappy party game you guys all like to play.

As long as my car doesn't break down.
I'm in, dibs on Donatello
I will fight you for this Steve. Hand to hand combat in the middle of Brazil on top of a log sitting on a ravine. Fo shizzle.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
LEGAN OMFGGGG

*takes shirt off*

legan does play ppl other than link. his falco is hilarioussssss. dittos please.

and yeah binyan does play a lot of ****ers.. even though i can roflstomp all of them with just falcon LOL

Sempai

Smash Ace
Also too, Wolfy, come to my tourney, and you can run with all the big boys there.
We'll have Melee set up some point in the day.
thats exactly what me and wolfy need, we need to play with people that are better than us, we have been stuck fighting just each other for the past year or 2 so we dont seem to get any better, but a tournament that would be good, where and when is it.

I know wolfy wants to work on his link but is there anyone that could help me with my c. Falcon, i used to play marth and i think i did better as him but hes so boring to play...Were really desperate to get better, apart from traveling to the east or west coast every weekend...

darkatma

Smash Hero
wolfy/boss:
you guys should check out the thread I made in the pacwest forums, it should be on the 2nd or 3rd page in the social room, titled "how do I improve D:"
Basically I complained that the average skill level around the midwest isn't as.. great as WC skill level, and I asked how I could improve, because I've picked up a ton of bad habits since coming here.

But yeah, just come by washU and play me more, I am good at pointing out bad habits

Book!

Smash Journeyman
Not impressed, Corey. You and I have both been playing for like 2 years and neither of us have won a major tourney yet. Most improved award definitely goes to Binyan's trainees AKA "Double J" AKA "BLTZ + Usmash." Those guys picked up the game crazy fast.

Haven't read your thread, Binyan (this is the only thread I check) but I don't think MW is particularly lacking. Of course you're going to find a higher concentration of good players on EC/WC because of the population density. Top MW players are a bit more spread out, but they can compete for sure. Champaign crew is pretty tight and there were tons of really good people at SMYM.

I'm down for a bit of Melee today.

Legan

Smash Lord
Not impressed, Corey. You and I have both been playing for like 2 years and neither of us have won a major tourney yet. Most improved award definitely goes to Binyan's trainees AKA "Double J" AKA "BLTZ + Usmash." Those guys picked up the game crazy fast.
Eh, seeing as I dont practice melee religiously, stuck with the character I actually LIKE to play even when they told me he sucked nor had personal training from socals finest (yea binyan) I think ive come pretty far. Not to mention Ive only been to 2 melee tournaments that didnt consist entirely of the St. Louis crew.

Im not asking for an award at all, I was just stating that you dont have to be a melee vet to become good.
Those new Wash U kids are living proof.

Please dont try to imply that im not the **** though. ( Because I obviously am)

Lixivium

Smash Champion
The WashU kiddies are good no doubt but I'm still waiting for the day they can beat my Ice Climbers/Luigi.

Speaking of which, any of the WashU kiddies want to play today, like around 7:30-8:00?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i think i improved super fast.

i mean i beat lixi and random my first tourney and i took andy and zig to game 3.

beat that suckas!

also isnt binyan from norcal

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ewwwww, old Internet. I saw that little john video last semester.
(Though, the random puppet guy in the suit who appears for a split second is hilarious.)

Nuris

Smash Lord
I'll play tonight at Wash U. I'm still missing 4 characters (G&W, Young Link, Mewtwo, Pichu) and a buttload of stages though, lol.

Book!

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to play, but probably not for much more than an hour. Please post or call me if you guys smash (melee).

Corey: no johns, and yes, you are definitely the ****.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Phil I'll be calling you around 8:00 PM to play

I thought Zach brought a memory card last time with all the stuff unlocked?

Book!

Smash Journeyman
I can probably bring one tonight. Let's remember to copy over the data this time. Where's this going down?

_Wolfy_

Smash Cadet
OKay
Milk! yeah boss and i would love to you just have to state when and where
Legan... Oh wow the video you posted was great lol

Top Bottom