• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Area Discussion Thread

Book!

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'm done playing Smash. Thanks for all the fun times! See you guys around.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hey Binyan, I just checked and it's like 3 miles from Wash U, lulz.

All I wanna do is go bang bang--

Lixivium

Smash Champion
sounds cool
i hope he can get enough people in 1 week
how far away is it from campus, anyone know? I'll look it up tmrw i guess
There were actually a lot of U-City people that showed up to the Gamestop tournament, I predict at least 30 people there and a severe lack of setups.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
So I heard Missouri is full of scrubs and dominated by Jigglypuff!
/cry

For this, I will share no more Air Head: Extremes with you!

Seriously though, Jiggs is so underrated. When I play Kyle's Jiggly Puff I feel like Alec Baldwin on 30 Rock when he played the NBC Page Kenneth in poker. It's very confusing.

alt-F4

Smash Ace
JOHNZZZZZ

it's jigglypuff, you should definately feel ashamed no matter who you play.
Agreed. It's a tiny pink ball that doesn't even have a f***ing hammer. The b**** can't even turn into a rock, all she can do is sing and go to sleep.

darkatma

Smash Hero
lol
sliq is a pretty good jiggs imo
i wish i knew how to play jiggs
then playing sheik would be easy

half the battle of playing sheik is what other people will think of your character ("it's SO GAY")
but if I mained jiggs, i wouldn't care what people thought about sheik because jiggs in infinitely worse

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
haha binyan......i never think people think down on me b/c i play sheik because I think sheik sucks really bad

the only character I think is ******** is fox haha he's so slippery

Lixivium

Smash Champion
are other st louis ppl going to this?
I don't know who usually goes lol
:laugh:

Not everyone who plays Smash and attends tournaments post on Smashboards. Most of them aren't very good though; I played 10 different characters in pools and went 10-0 at the Gamestop tournament.

However this tournament is really short notice and I don't know if it's advertised off line, so there won't be as many people there. Which is good because there probably won't be enough setups.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
fox and jiggs = least cool characters

thats the 2nd time ive heard people say "i don't want poeple to be like OMG HES SO GAY"

who the **** cares if youre gay... i mean sliq rested darkrain 4 times on brinstar.. i seriously doubt you could ever be gayer than that

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to make it to SLUH. We need to show those kids why advertising on the internet = thanks for the money :)

TP

Smash Master
After that match I kissed Darkrain...

on the ****.
How hard was it Sliq? Was it THAT hard?

(wordplay ftw)

I plan to be at SLUH. I'm pretty much confirmed for not making it to the next Rave, but I can attend this little thing.

Thinkaman, I'll MM you, Ganon vs Falcon.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
TP... one of these days you'll realize that if you're using your main in a MM.... nobody's gonna want to go falcon.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i have some respect for people who play jiggly cos it's **** hard to play well using her....i suggest people who are trying to improve to main jiggly for a little while because you learn a lot about how not to get hit and such

fox takes no skill

TP

Smash Master
TP... one of these days you'll realize that if you're using your main in a MM.... nobody's gonna want to go falcon.
Worth a shot. Anyway, Mike, I hope I get to play you at SLUH. Our matches last time were so close. Same applies to Future if he see this.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
i have some respect for people who play jiggly cos it's **** hard to play well using her....i suggest people who are trying to improve to main jiggly for a little while because you learn a lot about how not to get hit and such
Listen to this man. Before you get into reacting your opponents, Smash comes down to spacing and timing. Different situations with different characters emphasize one more than the other. Jiggs (in both games) is the most extreme on the spacing side. (Except Rest obviously) If you need to work on your spacing, play Jiggs some.

PROTIP: This is Brawl specific, but if you take the start-up frames for every attack type (for every character) and average them, Jiggs has the moveset least differentiated from the overall cast averages. Hypothetically speaking, it is easiest to transition from playing Jigglypuff to other characters. :p

I'd like to thank Excel. I'm such a nerd.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Yes TP, I'm out for revenge :D Anyways, it would be really nice to get a good turnout for this event going down at SLUH. Nothing's going on in St. Louis until the next Rave, and we need to support the few tourneys we do have if we want to keep the Smash scene alive here.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
If you need to work on your spacing, play Jiggs some.
I should play Jigglypuff because my spacing is terrible.

Like the entirety of me playing Smash is throwing out moves at random and hoping people run into them. I wish I was kidding.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Mike, I dunno what the current status of permissions and such is between you and the powers that be, but would you be able to play with some of us after the tourney? Wash U is like, 3 miles from this place.

I live in a rather large single dorm/apartment thing that Wash U runs just North of campus, on the loop. If it needs to be less sketchy, we can do at Wash U itself somewhere. I'm sure Binyan can hook us up.

Obviously this goes for everyone.

And Twilight, I might consider a MM. There would probably be strings attached.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Think, that sounds like a lot of fun, but I believe that would heavily depend on what time the tournament finishes at. If the tournament doesn't end until like 9 or 10, I doubt my parents would let me go.

TP

Smash Master
Mike, I dunno what the current status of permissions and such is between you and the powers that be, but would you be able to play with some of us after the tourney? Wash U is like, 3 miles from this place.

I live in a rather large single dorm/apartment thing that Wash U runs just North of campus, on the loop. If it needs to be less sketchy, we can do at Wash U itself somewhere. I'm sure Binyan can hook us up.

Obviously this goes for everyone.

And Twilight, I might consider a MM. There would probably be strings attached.
The MM is no big deal one way or the other. I would be interested in hanging with you guys after the tournament.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
The MM is no big deal one way or the other. I would be interested in hanging with you guys after the tournament.
Cool. I figure after we play at Think's for a little while we could hit a few night clubs, go to a few actual raves and after all of that is over, pass out in the middle of a public restroom.

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
Think would probably go crazy knowing that he now is beating us without having a massive disadvantage every match though.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that Think would probably just break his A button to compensate.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Well, in Brawl I'm pretty sure you guys would need a ton of work before anyone has a Jiggs that could beat my Ness, so feel free to all play Jiggs... :)

Cheeseonastick

Smash Journeyman
:( I never had a fair chance to get good at melee. Nobody I've ever known has played the game decently, and the only way I was able to get any decent at Brawl is through wifi. Maybe if I start playing with you guys more often I can learn the game a bit.

Top Bottom