• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
My main problem with the new Marth is also DB. I found myself using the 2nd hit instead of DS several times, and when I didn't, I felt I timed DS too late. Though I see that's already been noticed and marked for fixing.

I haven't seen any change to b-air BKB, but for some reason, a tipped b-air I used on a Samus had very low KB. Am I just seeing things? o.O

timothyung

Smash Ace
Low angle + high KB = too good
The KB is nerfed, but you can actually edgeguard with it now

B-Air (Untipped Hit): [1x Size; 11->9 Dmg; 85->60 KBG; 60 BKB; (40)°->30°]
-Marth Bair; hb1: 9 damage from 11; 60 growth from 85; 30 angle from "special 40"

B-Air (Tipped Hit): [1.25x Size; 14->13 Dmg; 90->65 KBG; 60 BKB; (40)°->30°]
-Marth Bair; hb2: 13 damage from 14; 65 growth from 90; 30 angle from "special 40"; 1.25x size

It's the KBG and damage

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Ah, no wonder. Must be the damage reduction that's causing reduced KB. I forgot it wasn't being KB compensated. Thanks for pointing that out.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Watching like 2 matches of 5ive's Marth. It looks like bair tip might need a lower angle as the hit seems mostly horizontal, but maybe that's me. V:

Also, DB 3 stike was mad situational in melee and with better recoveries all around, it'd be more situational here.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
Watching like 2 matches of 5ive's Marth. It looks like bair tip might need a lower angle as the hit seems mostly horizontal, but maybe that's me. V:

Also, DB 3 stike was mad situational in melee and with better recoveries all around, it'd be more situational here.
Well, in mid-air when you start doing DB downward his third strike is downward unlike if he was on the ground. Take away some KB in his DB and add it to that mid-air strike. It'll make a good gimping tool if anyone tries to stop you from recovering.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well, in mid-air when you start doing DB downward his third strike is downward unlike if he was on the ground. Take away some KB in his DB and add it to that mid-air strike. It'll make a good gimping tool if anyone tries to stop you from recovering.
While making Marth plummet to his doom. <_>

DB 3 Down is way too loudly broadcasted. Anything past one generally signifies that you're going for something else and against a cautious opponent or one with decent reaction time, it will not work and will get marth punished.

You'd have to be pretty far up to use DB3D and even if you do manage to hit it, it wont have enough KB to actually kill them via spike and no opponent is going to chase after Marth off stage when they're at high percents, even as Metaknight as that's called smart play. :V

timothyung

Smash Ace
Wow dsmash is very strong now.
Tipper KOs Mario from middle of FD at 89% with perfect DI.
Fsmash KOs at 97%
It should be an effective killer on everyone other than fast-fallers

VietGeek

Smash Hero
DBD3 spike can be activated at any time. The hitbox is near his hilt. However it's also one of the weakest meteors in the game...stop sandbagging vs people. <.<

DBD3 now is really only good if like...say you DB'd them near the ledge and you know they're gonna fall off and then FF so the 4th hit misses then recover to punish your winddown...

use DBD3 instead and it'll knock them sideways and let's you take a step back so you can run your *** elsewhere to set-up for ***smashes or Douchetilt.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Lol whats with all those marth nerfs :/. Bring his melee down air back!!!! And the nerfs to dancing blade are too much. The uptilt speed buff is good tho I like.

Tsukizukun

Smash Rookie
Lol whats with all those marth nerfs :/. Brings his melee down air back!!!! And the nerfs to dancing blade are too much. The uptilt speed buff is good tho I like.
/signed
I'd say now it's almost ridiculous, especially those flamers (;
C'mon guys, you're overdoing it with the nerfs.

timothyung

Smash Ace
There was once a character called Dancing Blade, so overpowered that he replaced Marth. So we nerf Dancing Blade and give his signature move: Dancing Blade to Marth, in a nerfed state of course.

DB is just too strong without stale moves, so it was nerfed. The speed down seems to be to much, though

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ Exactly. Maybe reduce the damage a little but affecting how the moves link or slowing down the move (db) is just borderline too much. I want melee down air back :p.

timothyung

Smash Ace
DB is already nerfed to hell damage-wise, it's damage won't be reduced anymore. And only the first swipe is affected by the speed mod actually, so you can link the hits together just like before

Melee dair... why not just lrn2tipper :p

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I know how to tipper :/. But melee dair is sexier/more practical/sexy/sexy/lol. And sorry but I havent played the latest + build. I thought that db as a whole was slowed down?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Guys, stop whining about the sideB already. It's been said numerous times that we'd be removing the speed change and just nerf it via kb/damage. Seriously, just chill.

And that goes for people still complaining about dair, too. Yeah, it's harder to tip than melee. A lot harder, actually. I got spiked by it in melee just last week at a range that I did not think it had a chance of tipping me. The tip size was huge in melee, but just because it was huge in melee does not mean it needs to be huge in brawl+. I know that I can land spikes just fine in brawl+, so all I have to say to you is... lrn2space.

Also, upB reverse hit still needs polishing (not sure if the version I played with is the one that made it into the set). At 2x size it hits below his feet, which, while there may be an animation there, seems a bit ridiculous when we're trying to make the move less useful as a defensive move.

Hm... I'm wondering now how viet is doing with getting the utilt and fsmash to match the animations.

timothyung

Smash Ace
I just say the speed change is too much, I'm not saying "undo it now" :p

About making utilt and fsmash matching the animations... use z offset.

shanus

Smash Hero
I think people need to read more. Its been posted like 800 times already that we acknowledged it was overdone.

Here is the major lesson for today: read or even think to read before posting.

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
go watch endless eight i bet u think its gud =V
Nooo! I lost patience with the last episode and started skipping parts I've already seen 5 times!!! I felt jipped that I wasted 4 to 5 weeks watching the same **** episode over and over and over again!

But the Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi better be worth it since it's the best volume I've read so far.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Marth needs a move that needs to be the butt of horrible move jokes. If it can't be bthrow, it must be dash attack.
Well how about nerfing Bthrow too but add a bigger sweetspot for Dair?
I'm not complaining, just a suggestion... As I see no point in using Bthrow instead of Dthrow.

Anyways, this is a suggestion coming from a newbie. Ignore this post if it's stupid. I'm out to play Melee, lol.

Top Bottom