• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
<3

To me, Counter, Ftilt, Fair, and now Bair would be the better choices to get things done.

Counter could probably shut down Lucas itself if timed all the time, because unlike Ness, his PK Fire doesnt create that ******** pillar of rage.

5ive

Smash Champion
Heavier Marth is not working for me at all. It just doesn't feel right. I can shffl uairs from up throw waaaaay too much. lolroy o.o

Marth also feels less mobile with the added weight.
Plus the recovery pisses me off now.

floaty Marth moar

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i hate overly floaty marf

like i dont even know how anyone can stand how floaty marf is

then again im learning melee so i am highly bias now, for when is still played vbrawl i thought brawl+ marth physics were too steep. <.<

the current physics aren't even as radical as GPDP's. It was like a compromise between the normal plussery one and his. It'll feel wrong if it goes back to the way it was. Try getting a little used to it. ***** out empty shorthops like Roy

maybe it'll make it seem cooler <.<

I know what you mean by the recovery though. There's no way Marth can survive vs Dedede if he gets knocked off. <_<

But those SHFF uairs turn you on

dont lie now =)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
leaf, I know it was DI. <_<

I'm not stupid for Sakurai's sake.

I dont even think that happened in Melee even WITH DI.

I'm just saying that's mad weird for a move like that.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
When Smash makes an active effort to make sense:

Call me, I'll get the party favors. =V

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Counter could probably shut down Lucas itself if timed all the time, because unlike Ness, his PK Fire doesnt create that ******** pillar of rage.
Lol your kidding right?
Tell me this man is kidding.

I mean come on, PK fire is like a 1% of Lucas moveset.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I've never had problems with counter in vBrawl. Why should I know?

I've always thought that it wasn't good.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
But would it even make a difference if we try to compromise between previous builds physics to this one? And I mean noticeable difference. =V

5ive

Smash Champion
To be honest I'd rather have the Marth of previous builds. Like I said shffl upairs and Marth do not go together :/.

But I think a compromise WOULD make a difference. Maybe not a huge one, but still would be benefiting IMO.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
needs less roy.
needs moar marf.

that's all <5
WE MAKE MARF MORE OFFENSIVEAGGROACTIONFIGHTINGTHING GOGOGOGO

WHY YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT MAKING MARTH MORE OFFENSIVEAGGROACTIONFIGHTINGTHING

THERE IS NO ROY ONLY MARF THAT IS OFFENSIVEAGGROACTIONFIGHTINGTHING THAT KNOWS THE MEANING OF OFFENSIVEAGGROACTIONFIGHTINGTHING GOGOGOGOGOGOGO

marf

matt4300

Smash Ace
I think he is saying Marth feels a bit too much like Roy. :V
Its sooooo delicious ToT I have started playing marth... I HATE MARTH.. but new marth is so roy feeling it gives me goose bumps... I also love that he actually has LEGIT weaknesses.. Not his old barely there weaknesses. So I don't feel like a 2$ ***** when I play him. (no offense)

If only the rest of the good chars were nerfed this hard we would have a fairly balanced +

You guys did an awsome job on this new marth ^_^
<3 Maroy or Meelarth w/e

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
...Why do I get the feeling that I wont like how new Marth feels now. <_<

That post is one of the most un-reassuring things I could possibly read now and I'm tempted to push for a floatier Marth now.

<_>

Doesn't help that Viet and Leaf are Roy fans.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
That's because Marth wasn't using it right, and lowered hitlag makes it come out quicker now. :V
I honestly can't see it being THAT good. Not good enough to shut down a matchup. I don't even think it's easy to punish Lucas outside of Upsmash (lol) and you cannot punish grabs.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I honestly can't see it being THAT good. Not good enough to shut down a matchup. I don't even think it's easy to punish Lucas outside of Upsmash (lol) and you cannot punish grabs.
It's not THAT good but when used properly it CAN successfuly counter and stop most of Lucas' attacks. All smashes. All aerials. All tilts. All specials.

Mother boys are more susceptible to counter than most of the cast.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Viet is too good <3

...Why do I get the feeling that I wont like how new Marth feels now. <_<

That post is one of the most un-reassuring things I could possibly read now and I'm tempted to push for a floatier Marth now.

<_>

Doesn't help that Viet and Leaf are Roy fans.
Remember that you supported the large majority of the changes on the current changelist. You need to actually play new marth already before making judgments. >_>

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Viet is too good <3

Remember that you supported the large majority of the changes on the current changelist. You need to actually play new marth already before making judgments. >_>
I never supported him being heavier or having a shorter SH. <_<

I supported alot, yea, but it seems like the issues 5ive is having has nothing to do with my changes.

And I'm saying it SOUNDS like something I wouldnt like. I'm reserving real judgement when I actually get to play it though.

5ive

Smash Champion
Its sooooo delicious ToT I have started playing marth... I HATE MARTH.. but new marth is so roy feeling it gives me goose bumps... I also love that he actually has LEGIT weaknesses.. Not his old barely there weaknesses. So I don't feel like a 2$ ***** when I play him. (no offense)

If only the rest of the good chars were nerfed this hard we would have a fairly balanced +

You guys did an awsome job on this new marth ^_^
<3 Maroy or Meelarth w/e
Unless Marth = Roy (which it doesn't), I would rather have Marth qualities stay with Marth and Roy qualities stay with Roy.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
It's not THAT good but when used properly it CAN successfuly counter and stop most of Lucas' attacks. All smashes. All aerials. All tilts. All specials.

Mother boys are more susceptible to counter than most of the cast.
I seriously doubt that. All smashes? Lucas aerials are quite fast. Tilts?
See above. But Specials? They are pretty useless. (Except PKF)
Really his dair get's it the worst.

Ness? I don't really have the energy, but Ness smashes shouldn't really be used. Aerials aren't really susceptible, and his B moves aren't as screwed. Try Countering PK Flash lol, you'll do our job for us. PKF was already covered.

And seriously, why do people say Mother boys? It sounds so blehhhh....
I don't believe your statement. It doesn't have facts backed up.

:V

AHAH!
PS: Ness=/=Lucas. Just a reminder bros.

matt4300

Smash Ace
I never supported him being heavier or having a shorter SH. <_<

I supported alot, yea, but it seems like the issues 5ive is having has nothing to do with my changes.

And I'm saying it SOUNDS like something I wouldnt like. I'm reserving real judgement when I actually get to play it though.
Yeh Neko, hes super heavy now... but not a whole lot less floaty ... hes combo bait... and it feels so right XD MUHAHAHAAH!!! His recovery is also terrible now... like worse than link terrible.BUT, his offence is insane.

Basicly what I'm saying is hes melee marth with weaknesses wich = balance

Hes not danceing blade anymore (we all know that was stopped a while back) and hes not roy. I was just trollin. He seriously feels really good. He just has weaknesses to balance out his strengths like a good char should.

Though I hate to say it... He may be To heavy... It auto makes him combo bait/gimp bait wich are huge nerfs... If he were just a TAD lighter it wouldnet be such a hard nerf... He doesnt need to be as light as he was but he doenst need to be falcon either.

But, what do I know ... I just started playing him.

Neko you have angered the Mother boy mains. Beware of their whiny wratch!
Come on man we all take after our mains to a certain degree... Earthbound kid (lol) mains are whiny and shrill... Link mains are honest and couragous, Marth mains are sexy in all the wrong ways... and rob/sonic mains are *******s.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Neko you have angered the Mother boy mains. Beware of their whiny wratch!
I have seem to have caught the attention of the uninformed.
First off, you should have said Mother mains (singular)

Second, I'm just clearing up inadequacies.

Well, it's that's what you get when conversing with ROB mains.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I seriously doubt that. All smashes? Lucas aerials are quite fast. Tilts?
See above. But Specials? They are pretty useless. (Except PKF)
Really his dair get's it the worst.

Ness? I don't really have the energy, but Ness smashes shouldn't really be used. Aerials aren't really susceptible, and his B moves aren't as screwed. Try Countering PK Flash lol, you'll do our job for us. PKF was already covered.

And seriously, why do people say Mother boys? It sounds so blehhhh....
I don't believe your statement. It doesn't have facts backed up.

:V

AHAH!
PS: Ness=/=Lucas. Just a reminder bros.
Uh yea? Any off tilts, aerials, smashes, puts Lucas in range of being it by counter, if successfully pulled of. Again, it's like this for most of the cast, but Lucas is hurt by it a little more than most. It's not a matter of how fast they are.

It's a similar deal with Ness and Marth counter. And PKF? The move is so slow and situational that you wouldn't counter it in the first place, but you could if you wanted to, and depending on Ness' position, the most you'd get hit with is an grab, dash attack, or a quick aerial.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Uh yea? Any off tilts, aerials, smashes, puts Lucas in range of being it by counter, if successfully pulled of. Again, it's like this for most of the cast, but Lucas is hurt by it a little more than most. It's not a matter of how fast they are.

It's a similar deal with Ness and Marth counter. And PKF? The move is so slow and situational that you wouldn't counter it in the first place, but you could if you wanted to, and depending on Ness' position, the most you'd get hit with is an grab, dash attack, or a quick aerial.
Sorry but that's just to vague for me. What's the difference between Lucas and Mario. The same vague statement could be said about him.
I highly doubt you'll be use Counter to effectively shut down Lucas. Until I see video proof, I don't believe it.

And PKF? I stating that it doesn't get ***** by counter.
Here's a nice little factoid about Ness fair, combo's him quite effectively.

PS: It's better to work with one character cause you know, Ness=/=Lucas.
:/

Come on man we all take after our mains to a certain degree... Earthbound kid (lol) mains are whiny and shrill... Link mains are honest and couragous, Marth mains are sexy in all the wrong ways... and rob/sonic mains are *******s.
Your kidding. Right?

Top Bottom