• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

jalued

Smash Lord
i seriously dont mind the dair sweetspot being small, as tbh at high lvls of play that wont be as much as issue. having back his melee dash attack would rock though!!

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
You can b-throw to b-throw about four times? o.O

Also, has anyone tested u-throw CG percents/viability on characters? I think it works for a while on a few, but I haven't looked at it much.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Oh my, how stupid of mine. *Facepalms*
Well, do you really value chaingrabbing over a bigger dair sweetspot?
I should actually shut it up lol...

Sasuke3759

Smash Rookie
I think tippered fair should have more BKB and maybe slightly less KBG so it pops them up earlier.

Don't get me wrong, the move is nice, but it could be better and imo, Marth lost more than he gained(I know DB is going to be fixed). The fact that he gets comboed easier and can't recover as well just seems like a pretty hefty nerf for his buffs considering the idea was just to make him more of an offensive character and not just flat out nerf him(I think).

All of his other changes were mostly good imo. I'm not a fan of the dsmash buff personally because I'd rather have him buffed in other areas, but that's probably just me.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You can b-throw to b-throw about four times? o.O

Also, has anyone tested u-throw CG percents/viability on characters? I think it works for a while on a few, but I haven't looked at it much.
You can bthrow four times, yes. It tumbles if you throw them at 16% or later, though.

There is no uthrow chaingrab. Even falcon can jump out before being regrabbed.

but cape is saying we're just gonna give uthrow iasa instead while giving all other throws normal winddown

thus making bthrow worse than dash attack again.
What? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Meh. I don't care, really. The bthrow CG is nice, but far from necessary.

Oh my, how stupid of mine. *Facepalms*
Well, do you really value chaingrabbing over a bigger dair sweetspot?
I should actually shut it up lol...
How about not buffing dash attack and giving his dair a bigger Sweetspot?
That would be more beneficial.
How about you listen to your own advice? The more you talk about a larger dair sweetspot, the more I want to make sure it doesn't get put in.

I think tippered fair should have more BKB and maybe slightly less KBG so it pops them up earlier.

Don't get me wrong, the move is nice, but it could be better and imo, Marth lost more than he gained(I know DB is going to be fixed). The fact that he gets comboed easier and can't recover as well just seems like a pretty hefty nerf for his buffs considering the idea was just to make him more of an offensive character and not just flat out nerf him(I think).

All of his other changes were mostly good imo. I'm not a fan of the dsmash buff personally because I'd rather have him buffed in other areas, but that's probably just me.
The fair is great right now. At low percents, you can fair -> grab, which is more than enough to make it useful. You can also combo into another fair or a uair, even at very low percents, but fair -> grab usually gives the biggest reward, unless you're near a ledge and can do fair -> fair -> dair (yes this works). Once you hit really high percents, the fair stops comboing, as it should, and the most you can hope for is a fair -> uair string for the kill, which is of course avoidable. I actually think his fair may be just slightly too good right now, and may need a little bit more growth to make it stop comboing earlier.

<3333333333

I am now going to make it my goal to make sure that Dash Attack stays ****ty.
Just for that I'm going to give his dash attack tip a 15 degree angle in the next build.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Random idea: what if his bthrow tripped? Since the animation has him tripping them and all. Though I wouldn't be surprised if this has been suggested before. XD

Anyway, I need to start keeping up with this thread, with the growing B+ scene in my area and all~

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Or we can make bthrow a copy of dthrow except with a bthrow animation and iasa

and give marth-kun his melee dthrow

also fthrow speed-up isn't really that broken amazingly enough. the angle prevents it from being too gay.

i guess sakurai can only design things half-decently when he was still part of HAL =X

VietGeek

Smash Hero
well duh neko

you cant have a grass cannon without ridiculous ****

geesh thought youd know this

dont you read ur textbooks?

take a page out of melee fox, v13, seto kaiba, roy+, etc.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
no u.

Only things I want is a ****ty bthrow and dash attack.

Marth tradition plz.

Its like rite of passage for a marth mainer to come up with a good joke for at least bthrow.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
fun fact: Xyro calls Brawl+, Melee2 no matter how many B+ers talk to him about it. lmao.

When he was co-TO of a tourney that had Brawl+, he renamed the name of the event to Melee 2.

We know he's messing around (hopefully) which is why its lol-worthy.

Also, leaf and I agreed. Lower the angle of bair tip by 5 degrees.

jalued

Smash Lord
surely a better dash attack would benefit the playstyle that new marth is leaning towards? His Brawl dash attack is a weak GTFO move that only really aids his previous campy style, rather than a weak combo starter, which would benefit his more "glass cannon" characteristics

jalued

Smash Lord
But I like having 2 bthrows. ;___;

It gives us room to buff other moves LOL.
such as? dash attack isnt a major buff as it is easily shieldgrabbed and at higher levels of play is a minor approach due to pradictability. Not that marth also needs his chaingrab back, but his melee dash attack was very characteristic

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Ditto's?!?

Dude that causes boardNess. Challenge a board, broaden your outlookNess, and maybe you might find alot of discussioNess taking place.

Top Bottom