• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

matt4300

Smash Ace
Your kidding. Right?
>_> so the internet needs a sarcasm button... + I play lots of ness and frequent the ness boards... Ofcouse im kidding.

except for the bit about rob mains ... god I hate rob. Cold robot *******.

PS. shouldnt that be directed at JCaesar

Back to marth... This whole counter disscusion depends on the people playing... If a robot was playing anyfighting game with a char that could counter any attack... that char would win every match.. but marths counter like anyother requires mind games, timing, spaceing ect... Its not really good on any particular char... but its also not really bad. Its all player dependant.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
wait you made marth heavier?!! thats ****ing blasphesmy!!! and his SH heavier?! WTF

another crime

you marth+s are destroying him

VietGeek

Smash Hero
CK ill let you whine once you actually play him

plz play marf+ then whine

ppl exaggerate everything in this thread

cuz we marf mains too u no

timothyung

Smash Ace
You are messing up "heavy" and "fast-falling" again

Ah...back to Lucas? Not counter? You can't counter his zair anyway.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
There's a lot less weaving with the New Marth. Just PLEASE make Marth a little less heavy and I'll stop complaining.
Alright, so that's what you're complaining about? Put simply... less "weaving" was the whole point behind the physics changes. It forces marth to commit more to his actions, thereby making him more punishable and a less effective camper. The concept behind the new marth was to make him more offensive by design, reducing the effectiveness of fair camping and rewarding him more for making approaches.

jalued

Smash Lord
Alright, so that's what you're complaining about? Put simply... less "weaving" was the whole point behind the physics changes. It forces marth to commit more to his actions, thereby making him more punishable and a less effective camper. The concept behind the new marth was to make him more offensive by design, reducing the effectiveness of fair camping and rewarding him more for making approaches.
its more about him feeling fluid in his combos and actions. he just feels clumsy when comboing with him due to his gravity. It should be slightly less so that he can really commit. Also feel that his dash attack is more than useless now, and should really be changed so as to accomodate his more "OFFENSIVE AGGRO ACTION FIGHTING" playstyle

5ive

Smash Champion
no wtf. You're taking that out of context. I was just trying mention one example of how the styles changed. That's not what I was complaining about. I made like 3 posts explaining that he was too heavy and a couple of people agreed with me. I see where the WBR is going with this, but ATM he's again, a bit too ****ing heavy (how many times did I say this?).

I find it funny how you ignored the main argument and chose to twist one of the minor points into a counter arguement. <__<

Just make Marth a little lighter and it will be fine. We don't want Roy ffs.

Sorry if I sounded rude btw.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Don't forget, Rob mains have no souls. They feel no compassion, sympathy or any corny emotion other mains have.
This is very true.

Now get back on topic scrub.

I don't know why Roy keeps getting brought up. Roy does not exist in Brawl+ proper. So if Marth's physics feel too much like Roy's, it doesn't really matter. What matters is, do they work for the current Marth? I personally think he could stand to be slightly floatier, but much closer to the new build than the old one.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
This is very true.

Now get back on topic scrub.

I don't know why Roy keeps getting brought up. Roy does not exist in Brawl+ proper. So if Marth's physics feel too much like Roy's, it doesn't really matter. What matters is, do they work for the current Marth? I personally think he could stand to be slightly floatier, but much closer to the new build than the old one.
I agree with this. I hate to be a bandwagon but I feel that Marth feels a bit heavy.
Now onto the matchup, since the Lucas main's are all gone and there isn't much to say
I say that Marth wins the matchup. Not by a landslide mind you.

Pros for Lucas:
Marth is light.
PKF is a decent spacing tool against him.
Easily gimps Marth's recovery.

Pros for Marth:
Outranges him in the air and ground.
Counter

That's what I got.

PS: All fans of gRAPE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqq051BU2MY

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
K so i played the new marth today.......

i have some ...comments.. xD

his throws are awesome.... i like the changes done to that...

His Fair feeels a bit different i dont like the way some can DI it so they go straight up 90 degrees and i cant follow up besides risking my double jump and doing an up air ...

his bair seems to have been reduced in KB which is fine by me it has a combo ability in there ...

his Nair still awesome hitboxes no comments on that ...

his Dair it seems harder to spike now maybe some changes to it have made it harder?? but its on the stage use is very useful..

side b still pretty good no comments its fine the way it is ...

up b has good KB i like it alot

Dtilt didnt use it much but i hope its still the same since i use it alot once im more comfortable ..

marth does get comboed more easily but its fine since you can actually DI most of it or trade a hit ...

and ask me if you want me to touch on anything else....

oh and increase his grab range JUST a LIL BIT (not DDD range) xD

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Melee style dash attack plox.

I wantz mah TGM COMBOZ!
haha EVERYONE knows bout that combo
you two are now my best friends!!!! Im so glad you remember my combo.

fun fact: Xyro calls Brawl+, Melee2 no matter how many B+ers talk to him about it. lmao.

When he was co-TO of a tourney that had Brawl+, he renamed the name of the event to Melee 2.

We know he's messing around (hopefully) which is why its lol-worthy.
Brawl+ is an attempt to make brawl like melee. I will not change my mind on this.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No he proved my point.

You people cant handle brawl so you want a game like melee......so go play melee. This is exactly why brawl play and balanced brawl will NEVER be mainstream nor will it ever be a mainstream side event. Melee is the ONE and ONLY. nothing will ever be LIKE it.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Right. Xyro. Stop. You're seriously barking up the wrong tree.

That and just because one person says something doesn't mean he is right.

Not everyone who plays Brawl+ can't handle Brawl. Some people simply just dont like it. Some players (Chu, Yes!) like it better than Brawl. Hell, even Dojo, UTD, Gnes, and mikeHAZE like plus. Not more than Brawl, but they still like it. They think it's fun. I know this because I heard it straight from their mouth.

You're hard-headed nature and unwillingness to even try Brawl+ gives you no right to speak ill of Brawl or even BBrawl for that matter, because I know you havnt tried that either.

You talk alot, but not everything you say is law nor the truth.

Leave this thread AND any Brawl+ related threads alone and stop posting in them before I report you for derailment.

If someone name drops you in a plus thread, just dont post. You're causing drama.

Stop it now, Allen. What you're doing is NOT cool at all.

And timothy...stfu please. .___.

Tsukizukun

Smash Rookie
Btw. what now? Will the sideB be fixed soon? I mean, I wanna have first forwardB to upB back. The rest is good so far.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah Forward B will be fixed.

Marth's hardest matchup people? Is it still MK in your opinion?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Could we make the first swing of side-B stall better in the air? I think that would alleviate a bit of the problem with his fast falling at the moment.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I don't really see why not.
And lord knows his Neutral B isn't doing him any aerial favors. (forward boost maybe?)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Wait ... you think Falco ... is Marth's worst matchup?

I suppose that has nothing to do with the fact that the only person you've played in the last month is a Falco main, right?

jalued

Smash Lord
do be fair though, untill falco only has SHFF lasers, we cant really talk matchups against him

oh and i think sheik will be about 60/40 against marth, and MK will be 65-70/35-30

Top Bottom