• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sorry Guys... come to WATO!!!!! same weekend. Link 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
There will still be melee and Brawl here. I am working to get the pot bonus switched over to 2k melee 1k brawl tho

ok, well since we obviously dont understand each other, ill just quit the bickering.

@darkdragon. im still pretty sure ur a troll, cause alot **** u say dosent make sense... but ill feed u again by saying im sorry if the only thing u got out of my message were negative.

@silent wolf- mlg picking up brawl would explain the recent outburst from melee people, but what about how they have been treating the game prior?
there has always been a melee brawl war lol. an example being when they tried to put brawl on when everyone was trying to watch melee at genesis and all the melee players started chanting **** brawl **** brawl. melee players have ben less bitter lately because melee isnt dying as it seemed it once was, but now they have another reason to be bitter it looks like lol

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
there has always been a melee brawl war lol. an example being when they tried to put brawl on when everyone was trying to watch melee at genesis and all the melee players started chanting **** brawl **** brawl. melee players have ben less bitter lately because melee isnt dying as it seemed it once was, but now they have another reason to be bitter it looks like lol
oh wow, a melee player who actually understood what i was writing. thank u for responding back to me with the topic, rather than giving me a history lesson on Nazi's. or whatever sleepyk was blabbering about.

Foy

Smash Champion
oh wow, a melee player who actually understood what i was writing. thank u for responding back to me with the topic, rather than giving me a history lesson on Nazi's. or whatever sleepyk was blabbering about.
You have blabbered about enough **** in thread that exceeds what Sleepy was referring too. He was only wondering why such stern actions were held against certain melee players.

Spife

Smash Master
ITT: butt-hurt melee***s being scrubs by saying "wah why did MLG Play To Win by picking brawl which will yield the most money?"
~.^ had to say it. Seriously guys, go take a ****ing economics course or something.

also, melee+brawl = 5, room 101 is your controller breaking the day of national tournament, and Big Modders are always watching :bee:

BRAWL IS PEACE
MELEE IS SLAVERY
MLG IS STRENGTH!

This kind of reminds me of the IaMP and SWR community. I don't know the IaMP community very well (lurk off and on in the irc) and know the SWR community less, but IaMP hates SWR as a game and probably the community. I guess where we differ though is that IaMP probably has less then 150-200 players in the country worth a **** and I'm pretty sure their biggest tournies pull in sub 20.
A lot of that was pulled out of my *** but seriously IaMP community hates on SWR all the time lul.

Edit: but no realyl I don't know jack about the iamp community i just know there's this aura of hate towards swr. Ankoku corrects my ignant post a few posts down, get at that.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im pretty sure that when melee people were being told to "move on" i dont think it was meant as "move on from your old azz antique of a game" or w/e. i think it was more "move on from the bickering and in-fighting that isnt going to help anybody and just play what you like."

I would come to this, but this would be like a 4 hour flight, where as columbus is about a 2 hour drive from me, so i think im gonna go with that, but theres my 2 pennies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Man... I wonder how many people quit Tetris when the new installment came out...

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Yeah no shizz.

We need some Versus gifs in here to break ice like fat kids trying to skate.

But in a semi-surz note, I'm fully intending on riding that Daigo meat.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

What's good for Brawl is good for Melee guys. If Brawl gets bigger, then more people will be coming to local events and they are going to be able to see both Melee and Brawl at those events and some of those new players are going to get interested in Melee. So if Brawl grows through this, then everyone gets something from it. There is no need to attack each other. There is no need to be disrespectful. We're only self-destructive by acting this way, so for the good of everyone let's try to all simmer down, be respectful and be excited for the good MLG is going to do for our community.
Really M3D? What happened to the "real growth product"?

I still don't trust you after that gem of a quote.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Enough is Enough. I should have did this last night but I actually thought things were taking a turn for the better and would be ok by now.

So here is. I dont want to hear any negative melee commments, I dont want to hear any negative brawl comments, I do not want to hear anything period that isnt about G.A.M.M.E. period (you know the reason this topic was created) in this thread.

Melee is a great game, Brawl is a great game, and even if that is not your opinion the larger point is both are huge parts of our smash community. So lets act like adults and respect each other.

I have instructed all our smods to watch this thread and infract anything that isnt about GAMME. Have enough respect for the people putting on the tournament and the other people that share a community that cares enough about a competitive fighting game to spend their time/energy putting on tournaments, going to tournaments, and discussing the game to honor that.

Alukard

Smash Hero
Really M3D? What happened to the "real growth product"?

I still don't trust you after that gem of a quote.
good **** d'oh LOL

this whole thing is useless ... lets just drop it ...

BUT swift shouldn't have been banned ... trademark yes tho LMFAO ( but i love him sooooo )

-!-

Smash Lord
This looks like like something I can't miss for sure, I may need a partner though >_>

-!-

Spife

Smash Master
on topic tom foolery: as much as I'd like to go (and try and shake daigos hand, even though he's much to technical for the likes of a mere handshake with me) I doubt i'l be able to make it unless the tourny gets moved to my home town >___>

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This kind of reminds me of the IaMP and SWR community. I don't know the IaMP community very well (lurk off and on in the irc) and know the SWR community less, but IaMP hates SWR as a game and probably the community. I guess where we differ though is that IaMP probably has less then 150-200 players in the country worth a **** and I'm pretty sure their biggest tournies pull in sub 20.
A lot of that was pulled out of my *** but seriously IaMP community hates on SWR all the time lul.
Please never talk about these things you don't know about again.

The reason the IaMP community dislikes SWR and the reason the IaMP community dislikes the SWR community are for two very different reasons. Neither one (in the US) actually hosts tournaments worth anything. IaMP has two, maybe three players in the US actually at JP level. Tournaments in Japan still run round robin pools because of having more than just 20 players. And, unlike Brawl/Melee, you rarely see any of Melee in Japan any more, but IaMP is still very much alive over there. SWR has its own tournament events, but the popularity of those are dampened due to having a rather good built-in netplay function.

Also, the IaMP community generally dislikes Smash in all its forms. :)

Spife

Smash Master
Please never talk about these things you don't know about again.

The reason the IaMP community dislikes SWR and the reason the IaMP community dislikes the SWR community are for two very different reasons. Neither one (in the US) actually hosts tournaments worth anything. IaMP has two, maybe three players in the US actually at JP level. Tournaments in Japan still run round robin pools because of having more than just 20 players. And, unlike Brawl/Melee, you rarely see any of Melee in Japan any more, but IaMP is still very much alive over there. SWR has its own tournament events, but the popularity of those are dampened due to having a rather good built-in netplay function.

Also, the IaMP community generally dislikes Smash in all its forms. :)
:urg: I try not to talk about stuff I don't know about but clearly that doesn't work all the time. Thanks for the correction though.
And yeah everytime smash is brought up in the irc we get yelled at. Then again I'm pretty sure almost every fighting game community hates smash but this might be that thing whre I don't know what I'm talking about again :bee:
erm ot: go tourny!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Then again I'm pretty sure almost every fighting game community hates smash but this might be that thing whre I don't know what I'm talking about again
Oh god. SO MUCH sig-worthy material getting posted today.

Spife I love you and your surgical-mask-wearing self.

It's so true, though. Smash is like, the pariah fighting game, yet it's still the best.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
you guys do not know why melee was taken off and why brawl took 2 years

wanna know?

ask people :)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
So many happy brawl players who won't amount to anything. Why are they so thrilled? It's funny seeing this as a victory for them. You're lining MLG's pockets you with your wasted money.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
what? you were the one that brought up nazis and other completely unrelated things. you seem to have missed the point of my post: we're just pointing fingers at each other, and you proved that the "brawl side" is doing it just as much as the "melee side." do you get what i was "blabbering on" about now?

Can we all get along? :(
no, and that's the point. we can't. no amount of effort is going to result in a happy happy friendship time!!!~~! because it just isn't possible.
Especially when the people who govern our community and make decisions that affect our future treat us differently then expect us to fall under a unified flag of "smashers."

honestly i expected to be banned at this point considering how the bannings were handled.

anyway, since i am most likely going to be driving to this, i'd like to know if i would need to bring my TV as i've lugged it around only to have been told that there was no more room before.

rhan

Smash Hero
LOLOL

Even with the threats from the supah mods *****es still wanna start/continue ****.

AGAIN

Meleeheads - Let it be. It won't affect us because we're still strong as a whole.

Brawlheads - Enjoy your 15 minutes of fame.

SleepyK

i dunno, i was really expecting to wake up to a ban. i still need to know about my TV though. it's heavy.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm starting to think that if you use "Melee" and "Brawl" in the same sentance, you get an infraction/warning. lmao

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

So this event is in Florida, eh??? And going to partially hosted by Plank, eh?? Sound to me like it's gonna be the ish.

SleepyK

I wanna see Flash Metroid vs Daigo

don't ban me, I'm actually talking bout the tourny at hand, GAMME, unlike most who are still talking bout MLG
NINJA EDIT

in which game?
i didn't know flash played sf4. still, it'd be insane hype if they played in any game.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Super SF4

I wanna see how his Viper fares against the 5 players coming from Japan, which includes Daigo

I really do hope they show up, since its being heavily advertised on SRK forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom