• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I just found out there's a tourney at some local Play n Trade today, and I'm freaking working.

so lame.

;_;

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I was soooooooooooooooooooooooo close to heading out to CoT4 for today, but my parents randomly decided they wanted to visit me in college, even though I live 20 minutes away and go back home 90% of weekends.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hi guys I'am back *comes in a kart hitting a meta knight* can someone give me a explanation what happened when I was gone? also I will probably be in a tournament (real one).

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Well, we got a new chatroom. Xat or something like that. Kinzer got really high lately. The boards have still been dead. There was a huge argument caused by 'Ithrowthings'. Some of our best threads have been closed. And a fad about A1 bottles.

And welcome back.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
And I now have a strong, ever increasing urge to punch shadowlink84 in the face.

i got banned too.

also, nobody posts on the forums unless we have something important to say.

we keep all of our silliness to our xat chatroom, its the newest thing. all the boards have one. check the steak break room for details...

also, my avatar got upgraded cus mew is the shiz.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Well, we got a new chatroom. Xat or something like that. Kinzer got really high lately. The boards have still been dead. There was a huge argument caused by 'Ithrowthings'. Some of our best threads have been closed. And a fad about A1 bottles.

And welcome back.
I was banned 2 times and gained 1000 posts.
Ouch well I mastered mario kart wii and got a star rank I unlocked every character and I made 2 Sonic moves specifically for me and I'am in public school now.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
coming up with your own ATs now?

thats pretty steaky good stuff, im doing the same actually

more power to you if it works

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
lol sweet,

i dont have a name for mine, its just a gauranteed kill set up. maybe if it works, ill call it the KID combo turbo HD remix.

C WUT I DID THAR?

SonicX580

Smash Lord
lol sweet,

i dont have a name for mine, its just a gauranteed kill set up. maybe if it works, ill call it the KID combo turbo HD remix.

C WUT I DID THAR?
Thanks those Hyper HA is to cause more damage and with a mix of mindgames F-shot is mainly mindgamess and to catch opponents off guard.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So, I basically won.

except I wasn't in the brackets :[

I played friendlies against my brother's friend(s), and against the first and second place winners and won.

The first place was a Marth (SWF name "omis?") , and second place was a local Pikachu who didn't know how to airdodge.

The rules were sort of iffy.
5 stock, 8 minutes.

Last match looked pretty epic though. omis almost lost but made a pretty awesome comeback, might even have won, but time ran out (argh, 5 stocks) and they played sudden death, which was (lol) decided by a bomb =_=;

It was fun though.

XD
Hi guys I'am back *comes in a kart hitting a meta knight* can someone give me a explanation what happened when I was gone? also I will probably be in a tournament (real one).
Hey, you can't do that.

It's not Feb 17.

jk, hi :3

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
so i looked at some of espy's tourney vids on youtube and i don't think he knows sonic has a down smash -_-...lol with all kidding aside he is too sick loves to bair my god i guess that 0 landing lag is always a plus.

if ur around i want to ask how u get out of the sliding animation so fast. (u slide one way and run the other) i saw the video on it. from what i understand u have to hold on the direction that ur sliding in, very slightly slightly but i thought u were doing it even faster. got any tips? did u practice that a lot or it just comes naturally. hope i didn't confuse u lol....

___X___

Smash Lord
everyone here sucks with sonic! besides meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

On topic: still need those results from sk92 :psycho:

SonicX580

Smash Lord
You're making no sense, unless you actually share your findings with us... You're pulling an M2K on us.
No not really I'am willing to everyone my techinques.
So, I basically won.

except I wasn't in the brackets :[

I played friendlies against my brother's friend(s), and against the first and second place winners and won.

The first place was a Marth (SWF name "omis?") , and second place was a local Pikachu who didn't know how to airdodge.

The rules were sort of iffy.
5 stock, 8 minutes.

Last match looked pretty epic though. omis almost lost but made a pretty awesome comeback, might even have won, but time ran out (argh, 5 stocks) and they played sudden death, which was (lol) decided by a bomb =_=;

It was fun though.

XD

Hey, you can't do that.

It's not Feb 17.

jk, hi :3
I know I wasn't supposed to come back till Feb.17 but I had to come for some real tournaments and hi tenki Congrats you actually went to a tournament.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Did you eat a "tell" X5? In any case if you do come up with something nobody else has, that's pretty sweet.

TBH, we all completely forgot when you would return, but here you are now apparently, so it doesn't matter wather you stay or not, it's all good.

BTW Tenki couldn't enter, he had to work at Subways, he just went to school some people. He also went to two tournaments he's told us prior to this recent one.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Did you eat a "tell" X5? In any case if you do come up with something nobody else has, that's pretty sweet.

TBH, we all completely forgot when you would return, but here you are now apparently, so it doesn't matter wather you stay or not, it's all good.

BTW Tenki couldn't enter, he had to work at Subways, he just went to school some people. He also went to two tournaments he's told us prior to this recent one.
Yeah and I'am kind of hesitant to tell the secret behind my moves but I will say this my 2 moves are basically the 2 worst sonic moves in brawl HA and F-throw but I'am improved them.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
So, __X__ and KID were talking smack in the CoT4 chat.

They're challenging other Sonics to MM's in the next few major tournies.

Doubles Sonic.

oh this is gonna be epic.

Apex is coming up. NYC, April 25th.

:093:

Player-3

Smash Hero
ive played sonic for a day and i liek him lots... and theres a monthly coming up next weekend..
ima go for top 10
cant be much worse than using falcon and PT can it?
(yeah im a low tier *****.. except for marth, his feminine beauty's attract me)
im gonna do it
>:D

Player-3

Smash Hero
ive been to tournaments before, not a new***

but never as sonic ive placed top 15 with falcon before
:D
some pretty good players attend the monthlies too.. reflex, kismet2, player-1(lol), Desu, FullMetal sometimes goes

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I suggest you go for the experience... or try to convince your parents if they're the ones giving you the ride. From what I can tell, it can't be too far off from where you might live, and the drive would only last 2 hours total round trip tops. It seems pretty cheap to, and this is including things like venue/entry fee, gas, and whatever beverages they are offering to you.

If you do happen to go, don't expect to get too far, but rather just try your best and get in as many matches with different peole as you can, and ask for advice on what you could've done better... even if you won, people can still find habits you do. Go with your gut and knowledge from this board (if we taught you anything, we did something right), it's sometimes better to be comfortable with the match than make assumptions.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I suggest you go for the experience... or try to convince your parents if they're the ones giving you the ride. From what I can tell, it can't be too far off from where you might live, and the drive would only last 2 hours total round trip tops. It seems pretty cheap to, and this is including things like venue/entry fee, gas, and whatever beverages they are offering to you.

If you do happen to go, don't expect to get too far, but rather just try your best and get in as many matches with different peole as you can, and ask for advice on what you could've done better... even if you won, people can still find habits you do. Go with your gut and knowledge from this board (if we taught you anything, we did something right), it's sometimes better to be comfortable with the match than make assumptions.
Yeah I will try to go and since this the tournament has a low entery fee cost I think I can go to the tournament and I did learn alot about Sonic's advance moves and weakness the only think I got to do is focus on mindgames and covering up my weakness but I do got a question how can I prove if I went to the tournament like a link to the results or something?

Tenki

Smash Hero
They usually post up tournament results in the Tournament Results board, if it's an SWF-hosted tourney.

___X___

Smash Lord
Soooo if anyone of you sonic mainers come to any big tournaments i go to.....who wants to money match me in a sonic ditto? ill take $50 - $200 MMs. but if your poor ill do like a $5 mm :p oh and ill be taking any character match up mms also :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom