• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
WTF?

it was peach...

what do you want from me...

that match is rediculously stupid,

all peach has to do is float rediculously high priority airials, until the sonic eventually runs into it.

i also got aggressive vs ranji and san because they play big az slow characters that cant do anything about it, i play really conservative against faster characters that can actually put out hitboxes in less than 20 frames lol

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
The match vs. san was great. Even if the third match was GIVEN to you.

And you lost to a Peach... and RANDOM. =P

Sexy voice. lol

Your matches were fun to watch. The commentary? A delight. Would watch again.

lol 5 Star(mie)s

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
I scrubbed out. played Azen's gannon and SD'd and 0-death'd him and alot of back and forth stuff.

Against the other guy, he changed to snake when I picked kirby for norfair and that's how it rolls.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's understandable KID, Peach is a *****, lol

Good stuff over all still, people were doubting if you could beat san...and I was like "He can beat Kirk...", lol

In your opinion, who do you think is better, or do you think they're about the same level?

@OSM - Tough luck man, whas this your first tournament?

:093:

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Good stuff Kid, I lol'd. Understandable about Peach though :(

OSM: You'll do better next time.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
WTF?

it was peach...

all peach has to do is float rediculously high priority airials, until the sonic eventually runs into it.

i also got aggressive vs ranji and san because they play big az slow characters that cant do anything about it, i play really conservative against faster characters that can actually put out hitboxes in less than 20 frames lol
Kid try this against peach: Spring Spam in front of peach. it garentees to make them stop floating. just SD > jump cancel> Spirng and dair away until they decide its not safe to float. because if they get hit with the spring as you dair away, sonic can be right next to them before they resspond with an attack out of stun... that you can shield and punish with ease because you are steak. or, if it doesnt' work and they regain them selves before you punish, then spring spam again. It makes them do other things...

seriously, i try to do this to all peaches to see how they respond. they can't block while floating... try it and work off of that for a while, see how they respond... mwahahahaha

Cyberman6

Smash Apprentice
Battlegrounds
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=219114
Jan 30 09
5th out of 20
Cyber(Sonic,Lucario)

I think it was a big mistake switching to Lucario for one round, since the T.Vs were laggy, making me use Upsmash instead of Uptilt all of the time, but I went Sonic the whole time, along with getting 2nd in doubles. There wasn't that many people there this time, but the next tourney of mine is on the 21, Game Table.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good **** Cyber.

Sounds like you tried to pull a KID/DJB when going Lucario, eh? It's understandable.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If you didnt actually win a match using lucario, you shouldnt include him as a character used
I disagree.

Then we'd get the implication that he only went Sonic and lost because he only went Sonic.
At least with Sonic/Lucario, we know that he lost with Lucario, and not Sonic, so early on.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Good Stuff kid, that tourney was extremely entertaining to watch. You're hilarious live too.

WTF?

it was peach...

Hmm, while this may be true, I do think overall you played better in your MMs than in your tourney matches, idk.

LuCKy

Smash Master
X. . <3333

sonic mains. keep ******

even though brawl sucks. . .lol

sonic ***** though so i approve >__>

Browny

Smash Hater
umm idk what to make of that

a ton of spindashes, fsmashing at all %'s (and getting punished almost every time) and lots of laggy dairs?

but i guess it seems to work :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know it's way late to give this a go, but it's still plausible if we want to go through with it.

I saw this thread at the Lucas boards, and thought "why don't the Sonic boards have something like this?"

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202596

I think we should give it a go. I'd think it'd encourage others to do better in tournaments, personally.
If so, I'd be glad to do it myself.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Too complicated of a process for any of us to start managing, and besides that we should all know where we are compared to others.

Espy, can you disagree that you and Malcolm are probably one of the best Sonics this world has to offer.

Next on the line, you have... all the other tourney-going Sonics... which would be KID/Speed/me/X/Camal/Mr. 3K (if you can even count him, remember he likes to die and then come back to life)/DJBrowny in Aussieland/etc. (I'm sorry if I forgot everybody, I can't keep track of everything).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont like it.

i think we are fine with what we have, theres too much discrepancy in a list liek that

Kinsedit:

As far as best sonics go in my mind it goes like this.

1/2. puffy/malcolm
3/4/5: KID/X/DJB
6/7: 3000/Blue

the order in each line is interchangable.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'll be at the top someday XD

@infzy - Yeah, ITT does go out to a lot of tournies and does a pretty good job at reppin'.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Oh yeah, I forgot about IThrowCrap.

...such a shame too... oh well, one things for sure, It Doesn't Matter what happens.

I see much potential in Speed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
As for X:

What Browny said.

Oh, and X...

Learn2MC.

You lost at least 2 stocks because you didn't MC.
When you went aggro, you did fine, and when you played passively, you went even more or less.

But dear god, that third match...
You were ****** his face off on that last stock...
Then...
you let him breathe. (4:50-5:10)

I don't know why you did it, but never let up after an assault like that again. Keep pushing and abusing every move they make, because then matches get too close, just like that last match proved after you gave him time to set up.

-----

Too complicated of a process for any of us to start managing, and besides that we should all know where we are compared to others.
i dont like it.

i think we are fine with what we have, theres too much discrepancy in a list liek that
I suppose so. I just kinda wanted to do it to give other Sonics something to shoot for, you know?

And I don't think it's as complicated as it seems. After all, pretty much all of the results we have so far are updated in this very thread, right? Wouldn't be too hard to just do some math.

But as I said, I suppose we can go on without it.
Just thought it'd be something...you know...nice.

Because be honest, the Sonic boards are becoming less interesting as each day passes.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Espy, if you're bored of this place, you should probably look a bit harder or somewhere else.

Have you seen how freaking busy the matchup thread is and while at the same time moves fast for example?

Lucky for you once we're done with Lucario, we can all go on a voting system to look back on what matchups have to be re-done, or which ones are giving us trouble. If you're having trouble against a specific character, you can always ask.

We also need a lot of other things to get moving along too, such as my thread (-_-) and Camal's.

Surely somebody of your calibur will have something interesting to offer in places where needed.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, if you're bored of this place, you should probably look a bit harder or somewhere else.

Have you seen how freaking busy the matchup thread is and while at the same time moves fast for example?

Lucky for you once we're done with Lucario, we can all go on a voting system to look back on what matchups have to be re-done, or which ones are giving us trouble. If you're having trouble against a specific character, you can always ask.

We also need a lot of other things to get moving along too, such as my thread (-_-) and Camal's.

Surely somebody of your calibur will have something interesting to offer in places where needed.
Definately, I could do other things at other places. However, I like being around here, and now my interest is slowly starting to deteriorate.

And honestly Kinzer, I hear about matchups and the like, but I don't ever really pay attention to that kind of thing. I just go into a match, and expect certain things to be exploited based on theory craft, then wing it from there.

If I went to vote or anything of that sort on the matchups thread or teams thread, my claims would be very weak because I haven't really a great idea of how matches are suppose to play out. I just happen to play matches however I feel like playing them.

That, and SWF is lame in general. I only hang around the Sonic boards because it's fun, and I go to the Southwest to try (and usually fail) getting my city up for Smashfests and for tournaments to go to in the future.

I guess I'm just restless for something new. Besides that small 4-man Smashfest in January, nothing's happened since Final Smash 5 (that was January 10th).

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well that's the point of matchup revisions, we get to look at them with a little bit more detail now, and since we went over all of them now is a time where we can tranform that thread into "matchup revisiions/special assistance", because apparently not everybody can get better in the specific matchup by just reading the what mgiht already be a detailed guide to them. That's fine though.

I do the same thing you do in your matches anyway, and just wing it with my not-so-valuable 2cents... I just happen to be right most of the time. >.>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I guess I could make an attempt at getting involved in matchup discussion.
I'll try, but there's no promises that anything I say would be of value.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Gah.
I really need to get everything in my life set again so I can return to work on Sonic underground... haven't done anything in weeks... School comes first right now. Boo dumb tough school lulz.

Yea, I know this isnt a tourney result, but we were talking about things getting boring here, and my video could at least spice things up...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you are looking for something to hold your interest puffy, we never finished speaking about that business proposal.

PM me.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
Learn2MC.

You lost at least 2 stocks because you didn't MC.
everyone needs to learn how to memphischains

@ KID, I might. nothing defendant though. It is a really good tournament and you should go anyway. make sure you stay on Matt to keep things moving though if you go. He has the worst AMDD (Attention Melee Deficit Disorder) and plays a lot of attention to melee when brawl is still going on.

more that likely there will be more than 1 TO for each event so you should be good, but if not keep on his ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom