• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Tournament Results CHANGING THIS TITLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Oh no doubt, he always either gets 1 or 2 in Utah, lol.
But the results, meh, idk if he will post them. =/

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Do doubles count? lol

The Spawn Point Brawl Doubles
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217884
Camalange+Fishy
Entrance Fee= $7
Doubles Fee=$10 per team
Placing: 3rd out of 13

1. We Have The Same Shoes (AndyG + M2K)
2. Mindgames (Bryan + Smurf) (I think lol)
3. Cam + Fishy (Sonic+ROB=WTFWIN?)

Yes...M2K appeared at my SECOND tournament...Scar was there for Melee...holy crap.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Oh snap, I forgot to say hi to Greenstreet! Wassup?

@Terios - (copy pasta from SBR)
I got the chance to play 2 matches against M2K in Brawl.
I only took off one stock out of both combined matches, lol.

In Melee my friend and I were doing doubles with him and Scar, but we didn't know it was them >_>
So we're just joking around and what not, kinda got ***** but we did some awesome stuff to (like I Fair spiked them with Mario out of Uthrow twice...too too good) But yeah, my friend and M2K go to play Brawl, but I felt like doing more Melee friendlies with Scar. So we're playing, talking, he's a really cool and nice guy and I'm telling him how I just entered the Smash scene. He was very supportive and gave advice and junk then yelled "Yo Mew2King!" he responded, and then he said something, but I forget what...so I was like

"Did you just call him Mew2King?"
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"Well he goes by Mew2King, M2K, or Jason"
".....is that seriously Mew2King?"
"Yup"
"...........who are you?"
"I'm Scar"
"...........................................what"

It was crazy, lolol
They were pretty chill though, but Scar sucks at/hates Brawl, but he's amazing at Melee. I believe he's the best Falcon on the East Coast right now.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I couldn't get any vids of my MM with Ken up, Mom said it was getting late and I had to leave without saying good-bye to everybody.

I did MM X with my Ike... he won because I gave him sympathy at the end. XD

No way I was gonig to MM Steak ditto him, he 2-stocked me in both our friendlies.

Although I did catch him out of Spring, and I did the WTF-Bomb when people teched my D-Throw at the tourney... Even X teched it and I'm like "O.O."

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I have a TON of matches recorded. I recorded on a TV for the entire ten or eleven hours we were there. There will be vids up in a couple of days.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I did poorly @ the other MD tournament. no johns tho.

7th

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217989

i lost to a peach player in winners... and then i lost to plank in losers. all close games. game 3. last stock 160+% each game...just the last game i tried to do an uptilt while he was coming towards me with a glide attack and the upsmash came out...which takes stupid long and i got hit.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
I did poorly @ the other MD tournament. no johns tho.

7th

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217989

i lost to a peach player in winners... and then i lost to plank in losers. all close games. game 3. last stock 160+% each game...just the last game i tried to do an uptilt while he was coming towards me with a glide attack and the upsmash came out...which takes stupid long and i got hit.
Ahh...

Haven't you or any other Sonic mains imagined what would happen in these situations if you had fox's Usmash or MK's Dsmash? If Sonic had one decent kill move... So tired of getting people to 120 damage, with only 50 damage of my own, until I start trying to kill them and take a gazillion damage in the process...

Browny

Smash Hater
meh, it works both ways. Its not like Sonic is the sort of character who can be easily pressured into being hit by a KO move, being as fast as he is while having an awesome recovery, spring, great momentum cancelling and a quick + long roll dodge all help avoiding the enemies KO moves all the same. I find myself living to quite high %'s often. same cant be said for many other characters

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ahh...

Haven't you or any other Sonic mains imagined what would happen in these situations if you had fox's Usmash or MK's Dsmash? If Sonic had one decent kill move... So tired of getting people to 120 damage, with only 50 damage of my own, until I start trying to kill them and take a gazillion damage in the process...
Yes, I have. But then I realized something (also relates to what DJB said)

Sonic is very good at racking up damage right? He doesn't have too many reliable kills moves, or even just one really reliable kill move, but when learning a character, you must accept all their strengths and weaknesses.

Weakness - Hard to kill with, can't kill until high %s in most situations

Strength - Racks up damage well

Say, I see something here! If Sonic is good at racking up damage, KEEP DOING IT. Even if your opponent is at 100%, don't force a kill. Just keep on racking up damage. Then when the time is right, your kill move is practically guaranteed to work.

(relates to DJB) Sonic is surprisingly heavy and has amazing recovery/multiple recovery options. With proper DI and momentum canceling, Sonic can live to very high percents. So...Sonic can sometimes afford to rack up more damge to guarantee a kill move just because he can stay in battle for a long amount of time.

Sorry if you knew this already, but just felt I should post it :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Definately interesting to watch X. He plays a little slow in that match though...

Unless what I suspect is true, and he only slowed down for the Falco matchup, of course.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
And you can imagine he'd be extremely nervous playing in his first OoS tourney against their top player. This was the first OoS trip for Utah.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he had better beat falco, he plays/gets whooped by his brother constantly, lol.

he should be able to beat any falco out there that doesnt know the match as well as Dai-A

infomon

Smash Scientist
The important part is that X did some very interesting tactics during that match.

He knew his SDJ follow-ups very very well, and used empty down-B's as a fake-out.
1:19 I can't believe he was able to follow up that SDR-turnaround o_O
1:45 LOL! SH ASC > immediate SDJ > jump-cancel backwards > .... hit him with side-B's hop and returned to the stage.... most anti-climactic spindash build-up ever :laugh:
2:16 Dtilt > Dtilt > Utilt... both Dtilts hit but the Utilt got shielded!? nooooez!!

He prolly likes his SH'd spindash approaches a bit too much, but he used them so well. Great stuff X....

LuCKy

Smash Master
x. . . ur still my favorite sonic n everytime i watch you play i wanna play this game again. . . <3 lol

btw good stuff on beating sk LOL i always wanted to beat that guy in melee

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I like how LuCKy doesn't play Brawl, yet he has Sonic has his character main.

<3

And way to **** X. w007

LuCKy

Smash Master
no no vids heh ive been going ddd n marth in teams with my gf thats about it but umm i might try sonic out at next months quiznos tourney so ill see what i can do training wise before then to get the lil guy back in shape

*she sings along to the old school sonic song beats when i play* . . . .**** lol

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
no no vids heh ive been going ddd n marth in teams with my gf thats about it but umm i might try sonic out at next months quiznos tourney so ill see what i can do training wise before then to get the lil guy back in shape

*she sings along to the old school sonic song beats when i play* . . . .**** lol
tell me more of this Quiznos tourney you speak of. Is it the breaddy sandwich variety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom