• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
I'm bothered by doing several projects for school at once. It seems like we don't do traditional finals anymore, and rather just have to make a big presentation or a like a 7-page paper. Doing them one at a time doesn't bother me, but I just had to do two at once, and even though did good on them, I still felt irked by it.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I was excited about scoring well on my Calc 1 final so I told a friend (who is in Calc 2) to which he responded, "Oh no, the big scary Calc 1 exam". It just really irked me since I thought friends are supposed to be happy for you? Also I'm supposed to be in Calc 2 but elected to drop to Calc 1 so I could review basic derivatives and integrals.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
Well...let's see....

One of the best friends of my ex-girlfriend died recently. She found out on Monday around 3, so around 5 I took the time to send an I.M.-text to her phone telling her how sorry I was to hear about that happening to her. She said thanks ("Alot"), and then proceeded to tell me she didn't walk to talk at the moment, apologizing for not wanting to do so in the process. I told her it was okay, I didn't necessarily want to talk anyway; I was just there to let her know how bad I felt. She responded with a semi-tentative "Kay?". I said "Yep," tried alluding to the fact that I prolonged the conversation after she told me she didn't want to talk, told her how sorry I was again, said bye, and signed off right away.

Well...I talked to her again yesterday...and she apparently thinks I was being a "****"...and now I feel bad for inadvertently doing that to her at a time when she *really* didn't need it...

Btw...not that it matters...but do any of you feel that I was *actually* being a jerk, based on this information?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
Well...let's see....

One of the best friends of my ex-girlfriend died recently. She found out on Monday around 3, so around 5 I took the time to send an I.M.-text to her phone telling her how sorry I was to hear about that happening to her. She said thanks ("Alot"), and then proceeded to tell me she didn't walk to talk at the moment, apologizing for not wanting to do so in the process. I told her it was okay, I didn't necessarily want to talk anyway; I was just there to let her know how bad I felt. She responded with a semi-tentative "Kay?". I said "Yep," tried alluding to the fact that I prolonged the conversation after she told me she didn't want to talk, told her how sorry I was again, said bye, and signed off right away.

Well...I talked to her again yesterday...and she apparently thinks I was being a "****"...and now I feel bad for inadvertently doing that to her at a time when she *really* didn't need it...

Btw...not that it matters...but do any of you feel that I was *actually* being a jerk, based on this information?
girls are crazy and unpredictable, especially if the have just suffered a terrible loss, plus things can get easily taken out of context if they are just reading text and not hearing the tone of your voice etc.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
My parents woke me up at 3 am to move their car. I had only been asleep for about an hour due to their drunken yelling (they had a party..people were still over) and my sister and her friends aaand i was already tired from babysitting and driving in bad weather. I got realllly ticked and punched a wall (and hurt my knuckles...). Though, i didnt move the car...
But still. 3am. THREE FREAKING AM.

Nicolette

Smash Apprentice
I got rather drunk at Halloween, and had a massive mental breakdown which I recently found out actually made my fiance consider leaving me.

Now he can't trust me, and actually seems terrified to take me out anywhere incase it happens again. It was a one off, it'll never, ever happen again and I've apologized for it a million and one times, but I can't help feel our social life has died thanks to my paraletic idiocy.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I got rather drunk at Halloween, and had a massive mental breakdown which I recently found out actually made my fiance consider leaving me.

Now he can't trust me, and actually seems terrified to take me out anywhere incase it happens again. It was a one off, it'll never, ever happen again and I've apologized for it a million and one times, but I can't help feel our social life has died thanks to my paraletic idiocy.
Give him time,I'm sure he will forgive you.He is probably just scared that's all.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
You know what's bothering me? It's bothering me that, even though I am done with my semester, I still have to take a trip up there to see who one of my professors is (the professor wasn't named on the schedule) once the campus re-opens. They could just make it easier on every girl and boy and just finalize the next semester's schedule while the current semester is going on, you know what I mean.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Is not a fan of creepers. Especially creepers who acquire your cell number mysteriously. Still confused on that last part. =__=

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
*sigh*
My Wii decided that it would stop reading discs today.
You know, I've heard that since Brawl is dual layered, it goes first, and then slowly other games won't work on the Wii.

I've been looking up other videos of truely broken Wiis, and they act and sound (Thank god for the Wii's actions being recognisable by sound) much different from mine, and theirs look truely broken. I'm hoping to GOD its just a collections of dust and smudges and dirt in there, because we could get that cleaned up....

And I got a FREAKING DAZZLE yesterday too, I got one Brawl video up, but now I can't use it T.T

D

Deleted member

*sigh*
My Wii decided that it would stop reading discs today.
You know, I've heard that since Brawl is dual layered, it goes first, and then slowly other games won't work on the Wii.

I've been looking up other videos of truely broken Wiis, and they act and sound (Thank god for the Wii's actions being recognisable by sound) much different from mine, and theirs look truely broken. I'm hoping to GOD its just a collections of dust and smudges and dirt in there, because we could get that cleaned up....

And I got a FREAKING DAZZLE yesterday too, I got one Brawl video up, but now I can't use it T.T
The disc player has an internal cover, so if you lay the wii sideways when it's playing, the spinning chips away at the cover and the fine particle dust covers the lens. If you play it standing up, it doesn't seem to happen nearly as much.

if you want to keep your wii, try starting it through homebrew rather than the standard reader. Even without hacks, the homebrew channel seems to start much better.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No, the HBC doesn't boot it either. I found it out through the HBC not working.
Also, I always have my Wii standing up.

Also, I was trying to say something in that one paragraph, but I somehow didn't.
All games, not even GC games work on it, it all died at once, which from what I hear, is quite odd for dying Wiis.

no. 1 smash daddy

Smash Ace
long time since Ive posted around here in this site...

well, something that is bothering r those dam smokes I smoke the whole time, I got a little adicted to them (should I say completely adicted), I kind of waste a lot of my money I earn from work in smokes, plus, my work is a little ****ty, dont get paid well, which bugs me the hell out of me.

well, I guess there´s more, but those are the most essencial things from me.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
In reference to smoking, I hate the people who don't pay attention to the "no smoking within 25 feet of this door" signs.

I yelled at someone the other day. Told them they were litterally too stupid to be in college because they obviously couldn't read the sign. I'm severely allergic to cigarette smoke. I've had to have ambulances called to give me oxygen, I've collapsed from not being able to breath, my lungs litterally shut down when I breathe in cig smoke. So I get upset when there are those signs posted and people don't pay attention because I have to walk through it and that's not ok. I don't have 30 years for it to kill me... I have about 15 min if I get enough.

Sorry... It just really upsets me because its my life in danger. >.<

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
my xbox broke, that bothers me. it stopped reading games, but it still read cd's an dvd's
thna it stopped that too so now i can only play whats on my harddrive.
any help will be appritiated

OlimarFan

Smash Ace

It is understandable that your fiancé is suddenly weary of your recent actions, but everyone makes mistakes. And the choice is whether to learn from it and move on, or to remain in blissful ignorance and make the same mistake again. I have confidence that you will not repeat that mistake, so just learn from it and move on.

While some may say that time will be the best remedy for this cause, I don’t think it hurts if you simply talk with your fiancé…just like before.

Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Kind regards,
olimarfan

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Hey SWF, long time no post eh? :laugh:

Well, can't say that I regret leaving quietly. I'm much happier and actively participating at the places I am now. But still, this place was my first forum and before the new year starts, I want to thank you all for having me and letting me learn the ropes of how to act on forums.

Just felt like venting. ;D

sammy p

Smash Lord
ive been up all night and so have my bros. i think the house is going to fall apart. either that, or im going to tear my bros apart.one is going to happen by the end of the day i can tell you that....... i shouldnt think this way, but i honestly think i HATE my family right now.. i have half a mind to drive to a friends house for the rest of the day

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
What's bothering me right now is my little brother. No, it's nothing like "ZOMG I Hate You" just some of the stuff he says makes me want to hit him as hard as I can. Like today, he gets home from 7th grade and says he and some friends are going to start a riot to stop homework. Is this really what the "child-friendly" society teaches? That homework is bad? Sure, at his level its mostly busy work, but I wish people would teach kids to just go with the flow and accept the little things in life.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I've been a very angry and bitter person over the past few weeks, honestly. I've been working through how I've been treated throughout the years of my life--and in the church in particular. It hasn't been good. I'm just filled with so much bitterness toward the church I'm in right now. I know it's far from perfect. But it just frustrates me when I try to do all I can and I'm still ignored socially. I try to follow God and I'm neglected in the church. This is honestly why I want to go into the ministry. I want to help lead a church to really follow God. But as of late I've been so bitter and angry that I can't even connect to God anymore. I honestly don't even know how to deal with this. I feel a good deal like Job right about now.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
What's bothering me right now is my little brother. No, it's nothing like "ZOMG I Hate You" just some of the stuff he says makes me want to hit him as hard as I can. Like today, he gets home from 7th grade and says he and some friends are going to start a riot to stop homework. Is this really what the "child-friendly" society teaches? That homework is bad? Sure, at his level its mostly busy work, but I wish people would teach kids to just go with the flow and accept the little things in life.
**** going with the flow. It's good that he's thinking about the other side of things and not just taking in anything anyone says.

True, it's over something as stupid as protesting homework, but it's a good start.

I'd rather have an annoying little brother that questions life than a brainwashed one who does everything I say.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
**** going with the flow. It's good that he's thinking about the other side of things and not just taking in anything anyone says.

True, it's over something as stupid as protesting homework, but it's a good start.

I'd rather have an annoying little brother that questions life than a brainwashed one who does everything I say.
I would too, but the point was he lacks the maturity to understand that HW is just part of life.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've been a very angry and bitter person over the past few weeks, honestly. I've been working through how I've been treated throughout the years of my life--and in the church in particular. It hasn't been good. I'm just filled with so much bitterness toward the church I'm in right now. I know it's far from perfect. But it just frustrates me when I try to do all I can and I'm still ignored socially. I try to follow God and I'm neglected in the church. This is honestly why I want to go into the ministry. I want to help lead a church to really follow God. But as of late I've been so bitter and angry that I can't even connect to God anymore. I honestly don't even know how to deal with this. I feel a good deal like Job right about now.
Be patient, try to calm down and step back for a moment. Everyone feels like why is everything happening to me? at some point in their lives just remember that it will get better soon and just try to tough it out.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Does anyone know a clothing store that sells clothes similar to American Apparel (unisex, non-color-discriminating) but not at ridiculous prices?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm just ticked off at people right now.
No matter what i do...my friends like to start drama. And drag me into it.
=___=;;

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Does anyone know a clothing store that sells clothes similar to American Apparel (unisex, non-color-discriminating) but not at ridiculous prices?
American Apparel sells their clothes at the prices they do, because it's made in LA, and not in China or somewhere. So... probably not?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If you follow god but feel alienated by the church then the church is wrong, not you. You don't need a church to follow god.

:059:

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I know that. It's not a matter of me needing the church--although I do need their support. There are people in the church that are really trying to do the right thing. But oftentimes we're not led in a good direction. Likewise, I know that I'm needed in the church as well. As much as I'm feeling like this, I know there are others feeling the same way. And I do know others that really need my help in the church that I'm already friends with. I've sorted through a lot already, and things are better on the whole. But that's been something that's been a problem with the church the whole time I've been in it. I'm really hoping that I can change that.

5ive

Smash Champion
After Christmas holidays, I've been sick. And now my sleep schedule is even MORE ****ed up. I'm typing this at 6:00 AM with NO sleep since waking up at 4 PM. School's in 2 hours. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom