• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Master
Well, I think his point is that with human realtionships, you'll only deal with it once per lifetime. With pets, you'll have to watch them die four or five times if you are constantly getting replacements.

I'm lucky. I don't get attached to others that often. I don't think it's a teachable skill, though.

Above post: You can't enjoy bad moments.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I recommend, Azua, that you don't get another pet. You'll just go through the exact same thing, eventually.

I reccommend you and 1042976304867 drop the "I'm traumatized and an emotionless freak" act because it was only cool in the 90s.

Seriously. Been there done that.

So you're saying I shouldn't have relationships with my family or my friends because they'll eventually die, too.
I shouldn't adopt an animal in dire need of help[like I did with the puppy] because it's not worth it, and it'll just die anyway.
Nevermind the fact that I gave him a chance to have a somewhat normal life with human and animal contact, as opposed to never learning how to walk or eat without being hand fed.

I shouldn't have went to visit my grandparents in the nursing home because it didn't matter, they were gonna die anyway. [Hey look, that's more than once]

Death and sadness are part of life. If you avoid relationships because they may end in death, you're a coward.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I reccommend you and 1042976304867 drop the "I'm traumatized and an emotionless freak" act because it was only cool in the 90s.
I logged on from my parents' computer just so that I could quote this and laugh. I won't have internet for about another week at my apartment, so I have to get my licks in now.

I'm sure there are circumstances in your (Numbers and Patinator) lives that have spoken volumes about humanity as a whole. Newsflash, kids: It ain't getting any better. Humanity is what it is and you are no better. So grit your teeth and bear it, because interaction with your fellow human beings is as inevitable as the mortality Azua speaks of.

(By the way, sorry for your loss Azua.)

Smooth Criminal

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, I think his point is that with human realtionships, you'll only deal with it once per lifetime. With pets, you'll have to watch them die four or five times if you are constantly getting replacements.

I'm lucky. I don't get attached to others that often. I don't think it's a teachable skill, though.

Above post: You can't enjoy bad moments.
When you eventually grow up, never have children. It's best you don't reproduce.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Had a little argument today with a friend of mine. It sorely BOTHERS me when people can't answer a "how" or "why," and make crappy, NOTICEABLE excuses as to why they didn't include the explanation.

Insulting.

Smash Master
When you eventually grow up, never have children. It's best you don't reproduce.
Love the argument. Such sound logic once again.

If you weren't a mod, that would be a spam infraction.

Don't worry, I know I would be the most abusive, incompetant father ever :laugh:

Also, plaease stop the flaming. I never claimed to be emotionless. I get extremely angry when things don't fall in my place. All I'm saying is that it sucks to feel bad when pets die while simultaneously having the urge to own pets. I fell sorry for you, Azua

To Smooth Criminal: you don't need to tell me things will never get any better. I already know that. I'm prolly the most cynical person on these forums.

Honestly I don't know what I said that made you jump down my throat like that. You will probably only need to replace people in your life one-half to one time for every person you care to interact with. With pets, that number is orders of magnitude higher. Note how that isn't the same as "never do laundry because your clothes will become dirty again anyway." It bothers me when people dismiss my statements as ridiculous without providing a reason why.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Speaking of dogs, it's the second time in a row the neighbor's dog WAKES ME UP EARLY BECAUSE OF HIS BARKING. I'm sick of it. Worst thing is that it isn't a normal bark, it sounds like a wolf. Ruined my friday and saturday morning :mad:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i hate it when things wake me up early in the morning, the people mow the lawn at like 7 outside the dorms, and its sooo annoying when i wake upat like 8 and i dont have class till noon

Smash Master
Speaking of dogs, it's the second time in a row the neighbor's dog WAKES ME UP EARLY BECAUSE OF HIS BARKING. I'm sick of it. Worst thing is that it isn't a normal bark, it sounds like a wolf. Ruined my friday and saturday morning :mad:
Lure the dog outside, call the pound. Don't tell your neighbor. Volunteer to help with the search. Voila, problem solved.

Smash Master
I love Ramen Noodles. You can literally eat for a dollar a day. I think when I'm independent, I'll live off Ramin Noodles and multivitamins. I recommend purchasing two boatloads. You'll never be hungry again.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Wolves don't exactly bark.

Have you kindly talked to your neighbor about this?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Or you can just take them to court, in my city someone actually took their neighbor to court because the dog wouldn't stop barking...what has America come to:(

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Actually, we have a history with these neighbors. They aren't unknown people or something like that.

And yeah, my mother phoned them (this was at like 12AM, maybe 1; the dog couldn't stop barking) asking if she (the neighbor) could do something about it...she replied:

"No, I can't, it bothers me as well and there's nothing I can do" and hung up.

Lawl.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Just get one of those muzzle things, that are usually used to keep dogs from biting, but just give it to your neighbor as a peace offering:)

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Then yeah, call the city about it or whoever you're supposed to call when you have a noise dispute.

There's plenty they can do: Shock collars, citronella collars(sprays the dog with citronella when he barks), dog training, or keep the dog inside during late/early hours. The neighbors just aren't willing to take responsibility. I hate dog owners like that.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Azua's having fun with HTML...and that's bothering!
actually no, I had to stay on topic

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Cashed is the new Hiemie?

On topic:
About the dog thing, I think you should just confront them in person about it rather than calling. If no luck then report it to some agency or something to take care of it. Also, I'm getting a vibe they might be abusing the dog... Probably not, but to me it sounds like neglect.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Actually, we have a history with these neighbors. They aren't unknown people or something like that.

And yeah, my mother phoned them (this was at like 12AM, maybe 1; the dog couldn't stop barking) asking if she (the neighbor) could do something about it...she replied:

"No, I can't, it bothers me as well and there's nothing I can do" and hung up.

Lawl.

Sounds like the dog needs owners that give a **** about it.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Then yeah, call the city about it or whoever you're supposed to call when you have a noise dispute.

There's plenty they can do: Shock collars, citronella collars(sprays the dog with citronella when he barks), dog training, or keep the dog inside during late/early hours. The neighbors just aren't willing to take responsibility. I hate dog owners like that.
But what about the Dogs themselves? :(

They should be free to.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Yeah, some owners are pretty dumb.

One time my mum and I almost ran over a dog that was roaming a busy road - blatantly not trained to walk around by itself. I caught it (yay for spare ropes) and we walked around the nearby village with it hoping to find the owner. Eventually we did. But the owner didn't even care. She was just like ''Oh. That's the third time I lost him. I forgot to close the backdoor.''

Silly owner...

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Surprisingly, anti-bark collars aren't the most awful things in the world as long it's only on the dog at certain times.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Bah, I won't overreact about it :p Good thing it didn't bark today IN THE MORNING, it did after I woke up and showered :bee:, so no biggie.

Another thing that's bothering is my internet connection :mad:.
I think I have some kind of luck with technology, I don't know crap about hardware and such, I just touch things and I magically fix them, it's awesome and frustrating at the same time.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
How do you get over being depressed? -_-

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
They aren't really bad at all, you mean the electric ones? Have you ever been shocked by one? You feel nothing.
Either one. Both aren't bad.

How do you get over being depressed? -_-
See a counselor/therapist first off. Someone professional. If this is real depression we're talking about and not "Something bad happened and I'm temporarily upset" depression. Or see my avatar *squish squish*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom