• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Nintendoman, drop smash for alittle. like actually. its tough, but give it up for a week or two, and find something else you can do in that time. go out with friends, work out, get into a sport or even another game.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Nintendoman, drop smash for alittle. like actually. its tough, but give it up for a week or two, and find something else you can do in that time. go out with friends, work out, get into a sport or even another game.
In a sense I have, in a sense I haven't. Like... I can physically drop it (in other words, just NOT play it), but whatever I'm doing that isn't Smash... somehow leads me to stressing out over the fact that I'm actually doing NOTHING to help myself. :urg:

I've done this countless times, going on and off again. I don't care so much that competitive Smash might not be for me, but the fact that I suck at it PERIOD is what worries me so much. Really, every time I want to tell myself "Forget it, move on.", I also think about friends hearing that I have the game, going "Can we play?", and then me being the killjoy in saying "No, I suck at it."

At any rate, I'm currently playing The World Ends With You on a daily basis, and ignoring Smash, so I'm on one of my "off" periods.

Smash Master
I'm having academic issues again. I perused the book, read my notes, and took all three practice exams. I got below a 50 on the practice exams. I literally know everyhting that I can learn through rote memorization, but I feel like I don't have the mental capacity to connect five variables together in my head, which is what is required for some of the recursive lgorithms I had to put together for the practice exams. The real exam is Wednesday, so I have some time to study, but I don't know what additional material I can look at. I feel extremely unprepared but I don't know what I'm supposed to do about it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'd say quite a lot of things are bothering me currently.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I'm having academic issues again. I perused the book, read my notes, and took all three practice exams. I got below a 50 on the practice exams. I literally know everyhting that I can learn through rote memorization, but I feel like I don't have the mental capacity to connect five variables together in my head, which is what is required for some of the recursive lgorithms I had to put together for the practice exams. The real exam is Wednesday, so I have some time to study, but I don't know what additional material I can look at. I feel extremely unprepared but I don't know what I'm supposed to do about it.
Well, consider what you did wrong on the practice exams and see if you can fix it. If you had no idea what you did wrong, find out.

It's sorta like Smash. Except no one's jeering at you for getting it wrong.

Or, try taking a short break from it. Get some sleep, maybe?

Smash Master
Well, consider what you did wrong on the practice exams and see if you can fix it. If you had no idea what you did wrong, find out.

It's sorta like Smash. Except no one's jeering at you for getting it wrong.

Or, try taking a short break from it. Get some sleep, maybe?
Well, I know what I did wrong, and I already fixed it. The trouble is that the real test will have questions similar, but not identical, to these practice exam questions. I don't know how I can prepare myself for the real test, since I bombed the preactice test so badly. It's not like I can just memorize all the code I'll need to know.

It's kind of like studying proofs. You can't possibly learn every proof for every theorem you can possibly be asked on a given subject, so you memorize the proof techniques and apply them to the test. I'm having trouble with the application. I can't seem to be able to recognize a problem and think 'Oh, I have to do this, this, and this.' If I knew what I had to do I could easily do it, though.

In smash terms, it's kind of like fighting a character you've never fought before. I know how to fight against most characters, but if you gave me Mewtwo and sent me against Krystal, I'm not sure I'd be able to realize what works and what doesn't during the match.

I know I'm being vague, but I'm out of study material and I still feel screwed; I can't do the random problems from the book. I'm panicking a little.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Hey what if your problem was not having any problems and if so wouldn't that be a problem and thus resulting to other problems but in the act of getting other problems he cured his first problem but it doesn't matter cause now he has a hundred problems and now I'm gonna stop cause my brain hurts

Smash Master
Not having any problems is not a problem.

Your paradox is bad and you should feel bad :)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oooh, that sucks. Did you have everything? Beat Professional? If so, sucks.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
No, I mean when someone asks you something so stupid Google can answer in seconds.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
There's something that has been bothering me regarding you Azua. I could never apologize for the misunderstanding a couple of pages ago. So yeah, sorry.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I really want to just reply "lol" to that and nothing else, but I have to set an example for people.

*sigh*

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
*Sigh*

Here we go.

Ive kinda felt for a while now that life isint worth living(now read the rest before you comment,this isin't a suicide cry for help or anything)

Basically I hate the fact that Im probably never going to achieve anything of worth in my life and Ill be forgotten like so many others.Everything Ive tried to get good at in life has hit a brick wall that stops me in my tracks from advancing any further and I dont know why.My ultimate passions are guitar and video games.It literally destroys me to know that I can't be good enough at either to make a name for myself.I mean im basically being forced to run the massive rat race of life you know,get a normal job and make a bit of money because you can't really live if you dont.I dont want to live life unless its doing what I love but I cant.

Im stuck on this planet where the inhabitants are slowly destroying it and themselves and in the end everything we(as a race) have accomplished will be for nothing and there is nothing I can do about it.

I dont want to live a pointless life where I live,die then thats it,my consciousness ceases to exist.

Am I crazy or do others feel like this too?

I really need to get this s**t of my chest but my I think friends will think im crazy.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Procrastination! 12:36 am and I've got 1500 words left to write before 8:30

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well Mic, my first bit of advice would be to click the "log out" button.

Man I know what it's like :( Just get into the flow and you should be fine, 1500 words should only take an hour or two.

.Marik

is a social misfit
^^ Maybe not even that, depening on how fast you type, and your attention span.

*Subscribes*

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I was arranging the carpool for college with a girl (school classmate) but finally we couldn't because his boyfriend didn't let her. What the hell?

:mad:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I was arranging the carpool for college with a girl (school classmate) but finally we couldn't because his boyfriend didn't let her. What the hell?

:mad:
Wow, he's got her on ultra lock.

What an amateur of a boyfriend.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
that's pretty gay why not try and just talk to the guy I'm sure he'll understand that all you wanted was to get to school if not just do what i do and say that there a total D bag

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Ha haaaaa. What an idiot. It never ceases to amaze me how many people allow their significant other to control them.

I agree with Masamune. Maybe just talking to the guy will help, that way he can see you and know you're not trying to pull anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom