• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You should feel good that she trusts you enough to come and ask you for advice and not get mad at her for wanting your opinion. You should apologize to her, and it seemed like she was hurt so made up that lie to try and get back at you.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
ok, i know what you mean but like when i ignored her was that maybe why she got upset with me?

Skrah

Smash Ace
Yeah if she asks for advice and help its because she needs it, friends are supposed to help you in times of trouble. Haven't you thought that maybe she just has too many things going on and that she needs a friend at her side?

and yeah probably you ignoring her upset her.

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
^ you right i have thought about that but like put your self in my position she would only talk to you when ever she feel like it

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
Yeah if she asks for advice and help its because she needs it, friends are supposed to help you in times of trouble. Haven't you thought that maybe she just has too many things going on and that she needs a friend at her side?

and yeah probably you ignoring her upset her.
you right i have thought about that but like put your self in my position she would only talk to you when ever she feels like it

Chaco

Never Logs In
ok so maybe i should apologize and maybe i was over reacting a little
Yeah, I'd say that's the best thing to do. And don't do it over the phone, do it face to face. She'll be able to tell your sincerity then.

*blows smoke off of advice-gun*

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'd say that's the best thing to do. And don't do it over the phone, do it face to face. She'll be able to tell your sincerity then.

*blows smoke off of advice-gun*
Ya i always do everything in person.. and when i read the quote i was like :laugh:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, my work here is done. Every need anything drop me a Pm, I'd be glad to help.

And now for the thing bothering me, that girl I wrote about has now decided not to break up with him. Why, I do not know. I won't tell her what to do though.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Well, my work here is done. Every need anything drop me a Pm, I'd be glad to help.

And now for the thing bothering me, that girl I wrote about has now decided not to break up with him. Why, I do not know. I won't tell her what to do though.
Why won't she? Is she scared? She really should be careful..

Chaco

Never Logs In
I haven't gotten to talk to her fully lately, he's been keeping her busy.

They're going out of town camping in the next few days. I might have to drive up and check on her, she'll tell me not to though. -__-;

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I've been trying to come up with a topic for a speech presentation. We're doing a persuasive speech, and the topic has to be something that isn't obviously one sided like "you should excercise!". In my teacher's example, who would honestly say "no, it's better for me if I didn't!".

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What about something like figurative... such as building a 90 Mi. long bridge to Cuba from the Key West to Cuba?

Talk about how this would allow people who don't have a boat or don't want to get a plane ticket can get there by car or something, or how it would be a stupid idea if somebody ever brought it up *sigh* and/or maybe how difficult the creation of the bridge would be, such as financial/engineering issues that might come up.

I'm just throwing out a suggestion, just find anything that has two sides to it and argue for one... polictics is a great example...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I've been trying to come up with a topic for a speech presentation. We're doing a persuasive speech, and the topic has to be something that isn't obviously one sided like "you should excercise!". In my teacher's example, who would honestly say "no, it's better for me if I didn't!".
"dont eat any more fast food"

thats a really hard one, because there are reasons why you would want to and there are reasons why you wouldn't want to. fast food is really inexpensive, its readily available, and there is a very large variety of quick and awesome meals from a bunch of different fast food joints. however... almost all of it is bad for you, and if you had the time you could eat a LOT healthier for only a bit more, but its all about whats "easy" in America. you'd learn to cook and stuff, and you'd probably get healthier, but is it worth it? fast food is just so easy. and its not really THAT bad for you if you eat it every now and then and are regularly active... is it? good topic.

another one along the same lines would be "read a book for at least thirty minutes a day." other forms of entertainment are just as readily available and maybe less expensive, but hands down, reading books makes you smarter. especially novels, or especially journalistic magazines like Time or The Economist.

some ideas that are less one sided might be stuff like laws, like "the drinking age should be lowered" or "the speed limit should be raised."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I completely agree with you.
I meant the video attached to that article.

The title of that article "Mainstream Media: Animal Crossing Mayor Could Be A Sexual Predator" was funny. There seems to be a large thing about Tortimer secretly being a child predator now...

Smash Master
I know it's painful, but you have to slow down. I was in the same situation. Just slow down and take it step by step. I know it's painfully elementary for you, but you have to do it or else you can't really move forward in mathematics.

It's really unfortunate: Society hates people who stand out or are better than others. Mediocrity seems to be our only goal in life.
Uhh, you're a liar. Society likes success and productivity, regardless of the means. People have nothing but respect for Einstein. I'm more of a fan of Dwyane Wade (speaking of dyslexia) than Udonis Haslem.

Anyway; it's trig, right? Try drawing a few unit circles or labeled triangles. Or you could be a smartass and carry the ones and stuff when you do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Uhh, you're a liar. Society likes success and productivity, regardless of the means.
Society might but teachers don't. Believe me, as someone who hated having to show 'working out' and writing drafts. Which is ironic as now that I'm studying to be a teacher I can understand why they tried pushing it so much.

Anyway, I know you hate it, think it's a waste of time, but just do it to humour them. It gets them off your back.

i am just to fast in general i read to 7th harry potter book in a day
Same here. It kind of sucks being a fast reader, you run out of books so fast :(

Incidently, this is what the 'What's bothering you" thread is about, so I'll just merge this with it.

Smash Master
Did I post that in this thread? I didn't intend to.

Also, are there opportunities for participation (does the teacher direct questions to the class?) From my experience, teachers are more lenient on tests to students who demonstrate understanding of the material during class, especially with regards to showing work. I think it's worth a shot... just raise your hand more when s/he asks questions, if s/he does that.

Edit: I love being a fast reader. I crank out textbook passages quickly, leaving more time for sleep and whatnot.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well try and talk to her, maybe she has a reason for staying with him. Does he have anger issues or anything?
He's threatened her with a knife before.

That's really sad she's staying with him, especially because I'm sure she doesn't want to =( Nothing you can do really except be a good friend and keep an eye on her.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
(math thing)it's trig with all the algebra and i can work it out in seconds i will try but it's like cranking a wind -up toy backwards

Chaco

Never Logs In
He's threatened her with a knife before.

That's really sad she's staying with him, especially because I'm sure she doesn't want to =( Nothing you can do really except be a good friend and keep an eye on her.
Yeah, I am watching her.

Worst of all, she's like the only girl I've really ever had true feelings for to.

But it's cool.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You get used to it, after a while...

People come and go, that's life for you. Nothing you can do about it except keep on truckin'.

This is personal experience BTW, so no I'm not sending you on a wild goose chase.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Chaco, I know it'll probably make her hate you, but you should tell her parents about what her boyfriend is doing to her. It sounds cheesy, but it could end up saving her life.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've thought about it, but I don't know what to do.

He's a nice guy, but that was just psycho. I don't know what happened with him. Something went crazy with him.

I'll watch him for a few more days, I hear anything else like that...I'm telling them.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I'm home on Spring Break, and I'm just sad that it is almost over. I REALLY needed this, and I know I'm gonna have a lot to do when I get back to college. My dad just recently had a talk with me about all the recent stuff (stressing over classes, turning in an assignment late, etc.), and he came to the conclusion that I really don't have much of a direction in life, and I agree. My life is like... 80% college and 20% stressing over Smash. I KNOW it's not healthy, but I've got little idea about how to fix it.

I know someone declared me hopeless earlier, but... I'd like to think I'm a bit more open to suggestions right now. The main thing is I think I've just got "tunnel vision" as far as what I need to do. In other words, I'm just so focused on solving one problem at a time, and... well, I don't seem to be fixing anything. As it is, I'm pretty sure that IF I ever get my college homework under control, my life will then be 90% stressing over Smash and 10% college. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom