• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well, she needs to talk to her parents about how the situation really is and get the cops or a restraining order involved. He WILL starting beating her.
I was waiting for you to say that, lol.

Jokes aside, why didn't she run away with the car instead of listening to him (with a knife)? That guy is a mess.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I dunno. I wasn't there.

He's messed up, and she's to afraid to break up with him. I might push her to do it, but I don't want to have to.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well, restraining order is a good way to go, that way if he comes near her, jail time. I'm not really sure how that was funny other than it being mentioned in this thread a few times before.

Give her lots of support, Chaco. It is really difficult for a girl to leave a boyfriend like that.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well, restraining order is a good way to go, that way if he comes near her, jail time. I'm not really sure how that was funny other than it being mentioned in this thread a few times before.
I thought it was you who were restraining-order friendly. Or was it Azua? I forgot.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I had a guy I knew break into my apartment high on PCP after making repeated death threats.
Another person stalked me at work for 8 months before trying to break into my car and wait for me to leave
and a third decided he was going to stalk me until I "accepted him back"

Why the hell do you think that is funny?

Niiro

Smash Ace
I had a guy I knew break into my apartment high on PCP after making repeated death threats.
Another person stalked me at work for 8 months before trying to break into my car and wait for me to leave
and a third decided he was going to stalk me until I "accepted him back"

Why the hell do you think that is funny?
That's pretty ****ing scary. What happened to them?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
First guy is back in jail for repeatedly sending me emails, one's in jail for assaulting a 14 year old girl, and the last one is still living with mommy but he's not allowed in my city anymore.

Chaco

Never Logs In

Give her lots of support, Chaco. It is really difficult for a girl to leave a boyfriend like that.
I am, it's difficult though. She doesn't like being helped, she wants to do everything on her own. I can support her, but she doesn't want my help.

And stalkers aren't funny.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
First guy is back in jail for repeatedly sending me emails, one's in jail for assaulting a 14 year old girl, and the last one is still living with mommy but he's not allowed in my city anymore.
The last one is kind of funny just because of how you said it. I'd be scared to death if I had people who could actually hurt me stalking me. :(

Chaco

Never Logs In
Azua's pretty intense, I'm pretty sure she could handle them.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, and I get to carry around all of that emotional baggage and constantly look over my shoulder for the rest of my life!

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I'm not annoyed, but definitely bothered by the extreme amount of work I have and the extreme distaste I have toward doing it. I have to finish all of my work within an hour or so, get to bed, wake up at 6, write a 5-10 page short story by 12, e-mail it to my teacher and the copy center, get 18 copies printed, and make it to class by 2.

I'm freaking out. I haven't started the story.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
By the looks of it, it looks like you brought this all on yourself. Not starting a 5-10 paper before hand is just.. sort of laid back to me :/

I guess you could knock off a couple hours of sleep if you think you need more time..

Chaco

Never Logs In
5 Hour Energy for stuff like that, you won't crash mid paper then.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
ooo touche' chaco

crashing and falling asleep mid paper is the worse tthing ever.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yep, crashing kinda kills the point of staying up. So definitely go with things that won't make you crash.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
By the looks of it, it looks like you brought this all on yourself. Not starting a 5-10 paper before hand is just.. sort of laid back to me :/

I guess you could knock off a couple hours of sleep if you think you need more time..
Eh, it's a story. You can't rush the creative process. I find that my best work comes from when I'm the most pressured. It's sort of like creating a diamond in that sense.

And six hours is plenty of time to write a 5-10 page story <.<;; Seriously. I've put out a 4 page story in like an hour or so before.

It's just this is in college and there's a page limit and stuff o_x;; I just haven't written in a few years due to some crazy personal issues that I'd rather not go into at the moment. I don't mind saying them, it'd just be sidetracking a ton. But yeah, I'm just nervous that my story won't be good. But after reading one of the stories done by one of my peers today, I think I should be okay...her story didn't really have a plot--so as long as my story has a point I think I should be good XD

Edit: Oh, and I should probably mention: I'm a writing major. This is what I intend to do for a living--except my fiction is going to be highly theological. Mostly because people don't read theology these days. And I'm also going to be writing on the subject of ethics. After reading people like Kant, Epictetus, Hume, and Mill I'm starting to realize how dead wrong all of them were and feel like someone should finally say something <.<;;

D

Deleted member

I'm really annoyed with people on this site that joined in 2008 that have 3,000 posts. When I post I try to put some thought behind it. These people get 10 posts a day just from posting one liners in the Pool Room. I've actually seen people with a 30 post a day average *coughstrakedcough*!

Smash Master
Those people can't be wrong. Ethics is highly subjective. You find a way to quantify morals and whatnot, and you'll get some kind of Nobel, I promise.

I got a 67 on my Numerical Analysis test. Coming out I thought I did so well. Turns out I only lost five points for not understnading the material. The rest came from taking derivatives wrong, not bounding the error, not labeling my graphs, stupid crap like that. I never used to do stupid crap like that, even when I was sleep deprived. I thought I was a good test taker. IDK what the hell is wrong with me, so don't know how to fix it. I'm going to starve.

Why does society view emotional abuse so much more leniently than physical abuse? I'm pretty tolerant of getting punched, stabbed, etc... but my buttons are pretty easy to push. I think if you call me fat in a derogatory manner I should be legally permitted to sit on you for ten seconds :)

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Eh, it's a story. You can't rush the creative process.
Tell that to a published author =3

Good luck on finishing the paper, though. I remember when I waited until the day before to write a five page physics paper. I even rented books from the library that day. I had breaks scheduled out and ate while working. Lol. Then I work up 30 minutes early before school to finish it. Hahaha. I got it finished though and scored quit well. I'm another who works well under pressure.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
a different kind of help(not retated)

ok 1st read ALL of it

i am failing math Why i am to smart in a since. i can do the trig. problem in about 20 seconds and the problem is i can't understand how to show my work. it actually hurts my head to try and show my work sometimes because i hardly remember what i did and showing my work is to hard in my head

and the few times i do show my work i mess up very badly because i am delexic and i have bad handwriting, i have tried to ask if their is some way to work something out with my teacher but he tells me i should have gotten a better grade

i am just to fast in general i read to 7th harry potter book in a day and i play melee

i thought about trying to slow down down but that would be smashing my head into something and start spoking pot with my buddy :chuckle:

so am i just f***ed or what (yes i know it's most likely in my head my that's like a auto brain wash)

Proverbs

Smash Lord
because i am delexic
That was too perfect.

But really, I'm not sure what to say. You might want to ask your question here. They'll probably give you a good deal more help. But I know what you mean. It's sort of hard for me to show my work sometimes--or at least I hate doing it. But that's 90% of math class. The right answer doesn't matter if you don't know how you got it. If you don't know how you got it, chances are you can't do it again. Even if you personally can, that's the way the teachers see it.

So, I'd say go to that other thread. Might help ;3

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Your teacher is a ***** for telling you that. She/he should help you instead of scolding you for low marks considering your problem. Did you guys actually discuss what the real deal is?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i have understood how to show my work, ever, like when i sit down to write something i write, i don't prewrite. and he said i need to show work and my dad just told me i am lazy and told me to show work. i can't easily lower my thinking level, that would be insane and just sick to limit one from their best

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I know it's painful, but you have to slow down. I was in the same situation. Just slow down and take it step by step. I know it's painfully elementary for you, but you have to do it or else you can't really move forward in mathematics.

It's really unfortunate: Society hates people who stand out or are better than others. Mediocrity seems to be our only goal in life.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I love working at the last minute, may not be a good thing. But I do my best work under pressure.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
It works because you know you HAVE TO do it. If I have like 7 days to do it I just keep delaying it because I know I have time...until I get to the last day lol. I also do the same, the sad thing about it is that when I finish it I just wish I could have started earlier :p Remorse is a *****.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Lol. My boyfriend went to art school, and said you could often tell which kids waited until the last minute to finish their paintings(oil paint takes a week to dry).

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I really hate to do stuff last minute, but can't help it because I'm extremely lazy.

link64e

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, I HATE waiting till the last minute to do something. I like to get it done first then relax the rest of the time. Plus it gives me time to correct any bumps or mistakes that happen along the way.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lol. My boyfriend went to art school, and said you could often tell which kids waited until the last minute to finish their paintings(oil paint takes a week to dry).
Lol, yeah in one of my art classes we had to do a painting of a fond memory. (BTW upper level painting classes suck) So I did mine the night before, and paint was still a bit wet when I turned it in. Lol.

Speaking of which, today in painting class we had fun with balloons, paint, and darts. ^-^

Sonic24

Smash Apprentice
Ok, me and my friend are in this huge fight she wont talk to me i wont talk to her right? this thing started when i felt like she was just talking to me when ever she needs help or needed advice. We have been friends for 5 years untill now. So what i did was ignore her, then she came up to me one day and said "are you mad at me?" i said yes and walked away. Later on she texed me that night and we were talking, and i told her that i felt like she was just using me, then she said "How can you say that? i never do that to my friends." One of her close friends felt the same way to, we both gave her examples of how she was using us and she came up to me and only told me why the **** are you talking behind my back? I told her how was i talking behind your back? and blah blah blah. Then a couple days later one of her close friends that i talk to told me that she will only talk to me if i apologize to her. And i said the samething to her. So who do you think is right me or my friend that im in the argurement with and should i apologize or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom