• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I disagree with Chaco. She is bat**** insane. Break off ALL contact with her. Her physically seeing you will make her even worse. She is obsessive, dependent, and crazy. Confronting her will most likely do nothing. Keeping any kind of contact with her will not help you. Almost everyone has a friend who moved away for college. How many act like that?

She doesn't need you. It is not your responsibility to make her feel better. She needs to see a psychologist.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I agree with livvers. You don't know what she might do when you confront her. Breaking away will at least help her get over you. Meeting her will only make her more obsessive and mad.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Tak, your in a really ****ty situation man. Best thing I can think of at the moment, is to confront her about it. Literally go back home and talk to her. you can't work this out over a phone. It doesn't work that way. Because you can't read body language over a phone to see exactly how you need to go about it. She may just be upset, or she may be a crazy somthin' who wants your ****. My guess, is she's just upset you left her and compiled emotions made her take it out on you. You were an easy way for her to escape her current problem so she has directed everything at you.
While I'd love to do this, I can't. We ran into each other over my spring break and she was a mess. I couldn't tell what but something was wrong with her. Like a someone in left 4 dead that you can't tell if they're a zombie or not. There's really nothing anyone can do until she looks for or accepts any help.

sexy new avatar by the way. *kills the serious mood*

~rh

Smash Lord
"We ran into each other over my spring break and she was a mess. I couldn't tell what but something was wrong with her. Like a someone in left 4 dead that you can't tell if they're a zombie or not."

I need to sig this :laugh:. You mind?

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Wow Tak, that's intense. I really think she should get some help. I have a friend like that too, who drove everyone away.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I disagree with Chaco. She is bat**** insane. Break off ALL contact with her. Her physically seeing you will make her even worse. She is obsessive, dependent, and crazy. Confronting her will most likely do nothing. Keeping any kind of contact with her will not help you. Almost everyone has a friend who moved away for college. How many act like that?

She doesn't need you. It is not your responsibility to make her feel better. She needs to see a psychologist.
Well, you can't just leave her like that. She's like stalking his family. i agree she is mentally insane. But you need to do something about it, cutting off all contact could make her do rash things. Is she is that insane, I would not put suicide past her. Then if he does feel anything towards her, just like a friend. He would feel guilty, because she blamed everything on him.

It's worth a try at least, if that doesn't work, get a restraining order.

While I'd love to do this, I can't. We ran into each other over my spring break and she was a mess. I couldn't tell what but something was wrong with her. Like a someone in left 4 dead that you can't tell if they're a zombie or not. There's really nothing anyone can do until she looks for or accepts any help.

sexy new avatar by the way. *kills the serious mood*
Well, your the one who can fix it. I doubt anyone else can, if she's that bent on you...it has to be you.

Hmm, try this. Call her, and take charge. Make her listen to you, if she doesn't just hang up. Wait a while and call back, sooner or later she will listen to what you have to say. Whether she wants you to or not. Best way to make her listen, tell her something you know will shut her up. A touchy spot that you can build on. This may make her angry at first. But you will get what you need to say, said.

Thanks btw man.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Well, your the one who can fix it. I doubt anyone else can, if she's that bent on you...it has to be you.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Taku is not a psychologist.

Also, I can't be the only one who wouldn't feel guilty if someone said they committed suicide because of me(well, wrote that they did).

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I'm definitely with Livvers on this one.

The girl is insane. Seeing her and trying to "work things out" by talking will simply encourage her. That's why cutting off contact is necessary, perhaps after firmly and clearly telling her that you intend to do so.

Saying that Tak is "the only one" who can do something and that he needs to is placing a burden on him that is not his. The girl is (literally) insane. Tak neither can nor has to do anything.

This girl shows classic signs of obsession and stalking; she is halfway to being delusional and has a manic obsession with Tak. I can guarantee you right now, 100% that talking to her will not and cannot fix this. She needs psychiatric help.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wrong wrong wrong wrong. Taku is not a psychologist.

Also, I can't be the only one who wouldn't feel guilty if someone said they committed suicide because of me(well, wrote that they did).
If someone you knew well before that killed themselves over you, you wouldn't feel bad? o_o

I'm definitely with Livvers on this one.

The girl is insane. Seeing her and trying to "work things out" by talking will simply encourage her. That's why cutting off contact is necessary, perhaps after firmly and clearly telling her that you intend to do so.

Saying that Tak is "the only one" who can do something and that he needs to is placing a burden on him that is not his. The girl is (literally) insane. Tak neither can nor has to do anything.

This girl shows classic signs of obsession and stalking; she is halfway to being delusional and has a manic obsession with Tak. I can guarantee you right now, 100% that talking to her will not and cannot fix this. She needs psychiatric help.
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't encourage her. Cutting off contact might work for awhile, but if she's as crazy as you say to be. She won't stop at phone calls. And how can he cut of contact if his mother works at the school she attends. She is harassing his mom. If he cuts of contact who's she most likely to go for.

And if she's been hitting teachers, why wouldn't she do the same to his mom. I agree she needs psychiatric help, but cutting off contact is just hiding yourself from the problem and not fixing it. It may work for a while, but if it's been months. She's bound not to get over him.

I don't see why cutting of contact is the best method here, confronting her may not be either. But it seems, better instead of running from the problem. Atleast in my opinion.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I've dealt with my fair share of psychos.
Sometimes it works, sometimes you have to send them to jail again for violating a restraining order three times.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I've dealt with my fair share of psychos.
Sometimes it works, sometimes you have to send them to jail again for violating a restraining order three times.
I've actually had stalkers to. Lol, not seriously hardcore ones. But people who followed around, and stole some of my clothes. <__<

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
It is not Taku's problem to fix.

And yes, restraining order. Hell, at a certain age she could go to jail for her behaviour.

You can not help someone not willing to help themselves.

I would feel no guilt if someone killed themselves over me. Their choice to do it. Any involvement I would try to have would not help the person and would just drag me down further. I wouldn't ignore someone needing help(DEPENDING on the situation), but I would cut off contact with this girl and get restraining orders. It sounds like people have tried to help her, yet she refused. If someone hurt themselves "because" of me after that, tough ****.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I've actually had stalkers to. Lol, not seriously hardcore ones. But people who followed around, and stole some of my clothes. <__<

I'd follow you around and steal your clothes.
>_>
<_<
what?!

Oh, I AM 600 miles away from her at the moment. The biggest problem is that things get out of hand when I'm home and I suppose she's doing the closest thing to stalking she can do from that distance; I might need to get a restraining order for this summer.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It is not Taku's problem to fix.

And yes, restraining order. Hell, at a certain age she could go to jail for her behaviour.

You can not help someone not willing to help themselves.

I would feel no guilt if someone killed themselves over me. Their choice to do it. Any involvement I would try to have would not help the person and would just drag me down further. I wouldn't ignore someone needing help(DEPENDING on the situation), but I would cut off contact with this girl and get restraining orders. It sounds like people have tried to help her, yet she refused. If someone hurt themselves "because" of me after that, tough ****.
Your such an emotional shell, Livvers. Lol.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
This has been bothering me for a while now...

There's this girl I really like...her name is Shelly...
She has beautiful flowing golden hair that sparkles in the sunlight and eyes that remind me of beautiful, shimmering pools of water...

problem is, she's way out of my league...
I've tried calling her, visiting her house, and getting to her through her friends..
yesterday I found out shes going to get a restraining order against me...
now what should I try to do to gain her affection?

EDIT: She's also married...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure a restraining order means it's over

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer

She has beautiful flowing golden hair that sparkles in the sunlight and eyes that remind me of beautiful, shimmering pools of water...

I've tried calling her, visiting her house, and getting to her through her friends..

Congratulations, you just lost the Jiggs forum.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Agreed.

When you get older, you'll look back at that time and reflect on what a fool you were lol

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
^^^^ was not me, someone went on my account when I momentarily left the room. Disregard that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, are you not gay? You shouldn't act like it bothers you, if you show weakness they'll attack it. Guys in our range feed on trying to feel stronger than the other. If you just accept it, and respond "Yeah, what of it?" Most likely they'll have no retaliation.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord

I think you lose. I mean I felt for you at first and then you got to he restraining order part and then the married dude your mind ****ed.

Smash Master
I've envied the dead since I was 11 years old. I've talked to three counselors and taken several different flavors of pills. They only hepled a bit. Social science is still in its infant stages, so my mind is ****ed up and there's no way to fix it. On top of that, I've had about a dozen different serious problems that would probably depress most people who were put together well. I'm at my wits end. I'm running a dozen different directions and ending up in the same place where I started. Being alive is like being placed in an iron maiden. Dying is like being impaled. Death is still death. I know I won't ever work up the courage to impale myself, so I have to make the best of my current situation. No matter what I do I'll never stop wanting to die. I know this sounds really crazy/emo, and I hate crazy people and emos as much as you, so sorry about that.

I'm not exactly seeking advice. It won't help. I just felt like venting to a bunch of strangers on an internet forum, because the way you judge me doesn't effect me as much as the way the people I actually see judge me.

Edit: Also, Taku - I don't understand the problem. You blocked her number, right. That means she can't bother you, no?

Maybe I'm crazy, but I love hearing other people complain when they genuinely have it worse than I do. It makes me happy that my life is better than someone else's. I know there are several others who have it way worse than me on the other side of the globe, but for some reason it doesn't have the effect as seeing someone right in front of you who's life sucks. I don't gloat about it or anything, and I am genuinely sympathetic, but I'm stillsecretly happy that I'm not in that position. The problem is I get a lot of complaints from people who get 85's on their test and I just want to pound their head so far into their torso that they have to drop their pants to say hello.

Perhaps instead of seeking good company who can help me get ahead in life, I should make friends with a bunch of homeless people...

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm sorry, but I cannot stand people like yourself. You always think there's nothing I can do for yourself, and play the victim. We'll that's wrong.

Let me share some knowledge with you, that my dad told me. He told me this about two years ago when a friend of his had committed suicide.

"Only the weak take their lives. The strong find a way around it, even if things are tough at the time."

Your not weak, your not helpless. You can find a way, I don't see why you seem so down on yourself. And in another quote, relating to your final sentence,"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's bothering me is there doesn't seem to be any straight girls where I live.

Unfortunately I had to be born straight in one of the U.S.'s gay capitols.

Chaco

Never Logs In
*looks at Location* Hell?

Well, that sucks. If you can't find any straight ones, you can always find a bi-girl.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I've envied the dead since I was 11 years old. I've talked to three counselors and taken several different flavors of pills. They only hepled a bit. Social science is still in its infant stages, so my mind is ****ed up and there's no way to fix it. On top of that, I've had about a dozen different serious problems that would probably depress most people who were put together well. I'm at my wits end. I'm running a dozen different directions and ending up in the same place where I started. Being alive is like being placed in an iron maiden. Dying is like being impaled. Death is still death. I know I won't ever work up the courage to impale myself, so I have to make the best of my current situation. No matter what I do I'll never stop wanting to die. I know this sounds really crazy/emo, and I hate crazy people and emos as much as you, so sorry about that.
You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity. Farewell.

M.K

Level 55
Gah!

I'm trying to find this episode of Robot Chicken in which a guy is explaining to a girl (probably a celebrity) something intellectual and the girl is just like ".......you're ****ing STUPID!". It's SO funny, but I can't find it anywhere!
Please, if you know this episode, the title would be GREATLY GREATLY GREATLY appreciated.

Smash Master
I'm sorry, but I cannot stand people like yourself. You always think there's nothing I can do for yourself, and play the victim. We'll that's wrong.

Let me share some knowledge with you, that my dad told me. He told me this about two years ago when a friend of his had committed suicide.

"Only the weak take their lives. The strong find a way around it, even if things are tough at the time."

Your not weak, your not helpless. You can find a way, I don't see why you seem so down on yourself. And in another quote, relating to your final sentence,"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
"The time" is 45% of my life. That's the problem. If it was one bad season or something, then yeah don't dwell on it, but ****, everything is always so hard and I can never find the solution to any of my problems.

I'm sure there's some way I can get around one best friend and one younger brother dying on me. That's easy. I've moved on. My laptop broke five times since I started college two years ago. No biggie. I'll just take a little more time out of my sleep schedule to use the library facilities. As for Java, I guess I should have saved all my assignments on my flash drive, but for now I'll just have to absorb the dip in my GPA. All of my classes are hellishly difficult. I can't pass the classes, so I have to change my major. The problem there is that I have no special talents, and, because I spent all my time studying, my resume is extremely thin, so either I try another hard major and have the same problem, or I get an easy major and fail to land a job upon graduation. Solution please. I can't find one.

Cliches should start arguments, not end them. I don't know how you can consider some quote your dad gave you any more valuable than "get confidence, stupid."

You can't control whether you give consent to feeling inferior. If someone ***** you, you'll probably feel pretty bad, or you'll enjoy it. Either way, you don't gget to choose. The mind and your genetics and your social environment dictate everything about you, and you can't change those things.

I don't mean to go off on you, but you make it seem like I don't even try to find a way around my problmes before I complain about them. I assure you nobody does that. You're like my math teacher when I went to his office hours:

Me: "Can you walk me through X. I did Y, but I don't know where to take it from here"
Him: "Try writing down what you know, and using it to find what you don't know."
Me: (Oh thanks, I was just writing down random numbers, but you've shown me a better way. How will I ever repay you for allowing me to gain some of your vast wisdom?) "Okay, but I don't know how to do that. Can you tell me what I can discern from Y?"
Him: "..."

Edit: If I wasn't so squeamish and cowardly (attributes usually associated with 'weakness", no?) I would have solved all my problems by now. God**** I can't get over how ******** some of these quotes I hear floating around are. Honestly, any knowledge gained from one line of text usually has so many gapind exceptions that it can be pretty much discarded as useless.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Reason why that makes more since than "Get confidence." is because it leaves you room to think and grasp the idea. Interpret in your own way, and match it to events in your life. Unlike a command.

I did make it sound like your not trying...but are you really trying your best? Don't bull**** me either, I made excuses for years about my best. I never gave it, hell I don't now. But when I do, nothing stands in my way. My abilities compounded with my best efforts..,nothing seems out of reach.

You've preatty much given up as it seems.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
What's bothering me is there doesn't seem to be any straight girls where I live.

Unfortunately I had to be born straight in one of the U.S.'s gay capitols.
Your location made me lawl. :D

Chaco: where is the sexy houndoom avatar?!

Numbers: her number isn't blocked yet. I can't do that until I can get to an AT&T store and I haven't had any time this semester to do that yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom