• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I'm starting to resent my mother. She thinks all she has to do as a mother is cook food, clean the dishes, wash the laundry, and drive me and my sisters places but she never spends quality time with me or them (the last personal conversation me and my sisters had with her a was scolding). All the spare time she has is spent talking over a laptop to people whose faces she hasn't seen and names she doesn't know. Shoot, I feel so lonely now. The only real friends I have live thirty minutes to an hour and half away, the ones that don't are some middleschool girls (they're just friends, I swear) but, them being middleschool girls and me being a highschool boy, I probally don't have their parent's consent to hang out with them.

Perhaps she is a bit lonely herself and that's why she looks to the internet for friends. Does she have like friends around where you live that she can talk to and hang out with? Motherhood can be a lonely job sometimes, you can feel like the world is on your shoulders at times. She may be trying to connect with other women like her. Try getting her to have some fun with you, some activity that you'd both enjoy.

Also, providing money is not the only kind of care one can give to their family. A lot of love goes into those little things like taking care of the home and cooking for the family. Some mothers choose to stay home rather than work if there is already a steady income,
in order to better care for their loved ones. Granted she should be paying you more personal attention and love. Keep tryin to talk to her and engage her in your life more. I hope she comes around.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It bugs me that my dad often helps other people more often than my family. For example I heard once while he was talking on the phone that he would pay no expense to help someone out. For example he paid a ****load to bring someone from cuba and yet he cant even pay me the money he owes me. He often buys stuff for my friends when he is in a tight spot and yet when I ask for something its always I dont have the money.... trust me there is more where that came from

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
DOn't ever tell yourself that, that you aren't good enough.

My sister's friends mom finally allowed her to get a dog, then like the dog pooped on the carpet and now theya re getting rid of it after 3 weeks. It's really infuriating. My sister's friend brought the dog over today and oh my god it is so ****ign cute i wanted to keep it at my house.

Just really infuriating telling your daughter you can have a dog then telling her she can't. She should be aware of the responsibility and that a dog WILL **** on the carpet and whine, just like a baby will **** its diaper and cry.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
I might as well rant here a bit, it might help. lol

I basically had a crappy week, I got in 3 way collision accident (Don't worry my car is a piece of **** and the 3rd car literally tapped my car) So anyways, I showed the officer my license, registration, and insurance. They basically said my insurance card has expired but I have a valid and up to date insurance card, so I had to pay a $10 fine. No biggie. I was slightly annoyed and whatnot, but I payed the $10 bucks. So about...8 months later this month my mom gets a letter in the mail that said I didn't pay and now I owe them $150 or they'll suspend my license. So basically I have no job while I'm in school. So my mom had to foot the bill, so she blatantly and out right accused me of not paying for it. She took away my keys and limited the use of my car for only school. So I can't ride to smash fest or tournaments at will, or look for a job. I've been trying so hard to find work, even fast food joints aren't hiring and the one that are; are at least 30-40 minutes out of the way.

I'll take work anywhere, so I'm not a picky person, as long as the job doesn't conflict with my school, then I'm good, you know? I'm just really frustrated because all the gay **** happening with Financial aid and grant loans, but it's finally starting to clear up, so that's a slight relief; and last Friday I got another ticket because my tail light is out, but that's like $8 bucks, but it looks like I have to break out my coin jar that I was saving to TO5 (Major Georgia tournament happening in Sept) to pay for that, because I dare not ask my Mom for not even a quarter. haha I love getting punished @ 22 yrs of age. It just warms my heart. But since I live under her roof (at the meantime because I do plan on moving out soon) I have to abide by her rules, and I do whatever she asks me because I know she's doing all she can to be a good mom and she is, but sometimes she needs to chill the **** out. I really hope I don't get that irritable and easily annoyed at my kid who stays out of trouble and is trying to make history by being the 3rd male in the family to go to school, at least at that age. lol I'm a little depressed over it, but I'm trying hard not to let it get to me. Oh and math is ridiculously hard for me; God only knows how many times its held me back in HS and now in College. I got my AS, but I really want my BA...but it seems so out of reach for me atm...le' sigh.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
It bothers me that apprentice comes after journeyman on SWF.

Also bothers me that this thread is always showing the page after it, then redirects to the page before it.

Like 145 on this page.
I click it, sends me to 144, as no one has posted on 145 yet.

But still it shows it.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
**** Jason you were in a car accident?

Don't worry, all things pass. Just keep on going buddy

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Bleh it bugs me thaf PE is mandatory to pass school. Totally and blatantly unfair. I plan on having a writing job and PE is not letting me get electives and classes that help me focus on my proffession. Anc if people are THAT annoyed at the fact that their kids are obese then put them on a ****ing diet and take them to a ****ing gym. People are that stupid enough to blame schools for kids being fat when really its their fault for not taking care of them right. Im not saying that they take out PE but to not make it mandatory. I say that because I know that there are people who genuinly enjoy the activity and because Im not a ******* like all the parents out there blaming schools for their own mistakes. Well Id rant some more but the space on my phone is getting thin so Im going to have to stick with my basic reasons why mandatory PE is ********.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Okay, I know my last post in this thread was really overboard. But I'm not as sad now as I was when I posted that. So, I'll try very hard to be much more relaxed in this little rant.

Okay, so, I posted a picture of myself in the Disco Room, and everybody except for one person ignored it. What does that mean? It means I'm ugly, obviously. All the mods get so much attention and I get none. Being ugly is not something I can help (I don't think).

I suppose me being worthless is also a reason why I don't get much attention.

EDIT: All right, a lot of people might be like, "Don't say you're worthless, you aren't" and the like. But I'm feeling pretty worthless right now.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Okay, I know my last post in this thread was really overboard. But I'm not as sad now as I was when I posted that. So, I'll try very hard to be much more relaxed in this little rant.

Okay, so, I posted a picture of myself in the Disco Room, and everybody except for one person ignored it. What does that mean? It means I'm ugly, obviously. All the mods get so much attention and I get none. Being ugly is not something I can help (I don't think).

well.

1) i don't know. maybe they just don't want to reply. or have nothing to say.

2) face it, they're mods. what do you expect? mods are supposed to get respected.

3) about the being worthless part. i have no answer, sorry.

Smash Master
You're comparing yourself to an unrealistic standard, since people who post pictures of themselves tend to be prettier/more handsome than those who do not.

I don't really think you should get worked up over being ugly. There are plenty of more important things to beat yourself up over. Besides, cosmetic surgery can only get better and cheaper, right? I guarantee, if you get breast implants, people will totally ignore everything else.

Ladybug

Smash Lord

EDIT: All right, a lot of people might be like, "Don't say you're worthless, you aren't" and the like. But I'm feeling pretty worthless right now.
Post it in the picture thread instead? You'll probably get a response there.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow sly you get depressed a lot. Alright so there was a time where I was bothered so much for being short (made fun at, getting tripped, getting hurt, getting wise cracks made, etc.) that I literally cried over it (mind this was my younger days). I was tired of getting bullied at and the fact I couldnt fit in with any crowd, let ot be the smart grpup, the sports group, etc. I felt a lot like you do right about now, not exactly worthless but I still felt like it like you. I then thought "**** them I dont have to take **** from them". I then realized that it doesnt matter if you have a lot of friends because they may not even be that close as compared to having one or two TRUE friends. For example these days I have only two close friends and Ive found out that Im more confortable with just two close friends than a million. And I havent felt more self confident about myself. Ive even gotten so confortable woth my height Ive often joked about it (though my parents mistake my jokes for actual complaints >_<).

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
You cant get upset about being ignored.

Half the users on this website are ignored!

What you need to do is begin focusing on the positive parts of yourself.

As long as you are happy in yourself/what your doing then thats life win no matter what anyone says.

Never EVER let anybody get to you that it upsets you.Because they themselves usually are unhappy with some aspect of their life and need to release on someone they see as inferior.Be the stronger person and walk away KNOWING that you are better than them for it.

I was going to kill myself a while back because I dreaded the thought of me being an average person.I wanted sooooo badly to be special or gifted at something that it consumed me and nearly ended up killing me .Now im looking on the great side of everything because I realised that you dont need to be special,you just need to enjoy the things you really love in life.Because once you find them thats all that matters.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I can't stop thinking about my friend's success in school. I'm only doing one class this semester before I go away next year, and I want to help my friend study his math and science. I really don't want to see him fail. I feel like if he fails...then I fail. I know its a little dramatic. But I really want him do well.

As for my one class, its going well. I know I can pass it. I just want my friend to be alright...

Smash Master
I totally wish I had a friend like you. My friends are all really gifted and I'm really not too bright. I try not to ask them for help too much because A.) It pisses them off, and B.) I need to learn the material for myself at some point. There have been times where I literally plopped myself in front of a computer and stared at the code for hours without typing anything, practically memorizing it line by line, trying to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.

That's the worst, when you don't know if putting time and effort into an assignment will result in you accomplishing it. I have a ten page research paper due in November, and I've already started it, since I know I will actually make progress when I do research and stuff. Math and computers, not so much.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Your friends get mad when you ask for their help?

No offense since I don't know them, but what kind of friends are they?

Smash Master
Well, they're pretty jovial, and extremely smart, but they also have their own lives that don't revolve around me, so they'd prefer if they didn't have to take time out of their day to help me out. I mean, they're willing to help, they'd just rather be doing something fun.

It seems reasonable to me. Personally, I get hella satisfaction helping people out, since it makes me feel smart, but I can see others not sharing the same sentiment.

Zip.

Smash Lord
You cant get upset about being ignored.

Half the users on this website are ignored!

What you need to do is begin focusing on the positive parts of yourself.

As long as you are happy in yourself/what your doing then thats life win no matter what anyone says.

Never EVER let anybody get to you that it upsets you.Because they themselves usually are unhappy with some aspect of their life and need to release on someone they see as inferior.Be the stronger person and walk away KNOWING that you are better than them for it.

I was going to kill myself a while back because I dreaded the thought of me being an average person.I wanted sooooo badly to be special or gifted at something that it consumed me and nearly ended up killing me .Now im looking on the great side of everything because I realised that you dont need to be special,you just need to enjoy the things you really love in life.Because once you find them thats all that matters.
wow...great read.

nux23

Smash Ace
Something's bugging me

there's a band called Stratovarius (doubt anyone here has heard of them) I've been collecting their CD's and on the first few, the album title songs have been EPIC ten minute songs (Destiny, Elements, Infinity) but then I got their album Episode, the whole 12-album track probably has only 3 gems, which sucked, but the album title song was only a 2-minute instrumental...it bugged the crap out of me...

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps she is a bit lonely herself and that's why she looks to the internet for friends. Does she have like friends around where you live that she can talk to and hang out with?
No, she doesn't.

Motherhood can be a lonely job sometimes, you can feel like the world is on your shoulders at times. She may be trying to connect with other women like her.
I don't know who exactly she talks to, but I can't imagine them being more important than family.

Also, providing money is not the only kind of care one can give to their family. A lot of love goes into those little things like taking care of the home and cooking for the family.
With her, I doubt it. She puts off on it often.

Some mothers choose to stay home rather than work if there is already a steady income,
in order to better care for their loved ones.
My family is pretty much broke. But she is going back college.

Granted she should be paying you more personal attention and love. Keep tryin to talk to her and engage her in your life more.
I've tried but haven't persisted, I guess I should. Anyway, thanks for the response.

Smash Master
Bah, Tom closed my tanks thread for literally no reason. That's bothering me.

Also, I read A Modest Proposal several years ago, and I never understood the satiricalness. Why shouldn't we eat poor people's babies, again? (assuming it doesn't taste lousy)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It hasnt happened to me lately but I hate it when a teacher gives up on you. For example last year I had a math teacher. Because of a few incidents I was considered a bad student. She used to give me failure notices for absolutely no reason. As far as I know a C isnt a failing grade yet she gave me one anyways. After a few semesters I was sick and tired of her attitude towards me so I decided to at least try becoming the good student... whenever I asked her something to help me with she would only give me the basics.... not going deep in the question with a face like she didnt care. As if she could be doing something better than helping me and yet someone else later comes and asks the same question and she spends like ten minutes just guiding him through the advanced part. I just felt like springing up at her and literally choking the **** out of her.. dont think Im a murderer or something I just felt like that for the moment.. anyways why do teachers have to be like that? I thought it was their jobs to teach

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It hasnt happened to me lately but I hate it when a teacher gives up on you. For example last year I had a math teacher. Because of a few incidents I was considered a bad student. She used to give me failure notices for absolutely no reason. As far as I know a C isnt a failing grade yet she gave me one anyways. After a few semesters I was sick and tired of her attitude towards me so I decided to at least try becoming the good student... whenever I asked her something to help me with she would only give me the basics.... not going deep in the question with a face like she didnt care. As if she could be doing something better than helping me and yet someone else later comes and asks the same question and she spends like ten minutes just guiding him through the advanced part. I just felt like springing up at her and literally choking the **** out of her.. dont think Im a murderer or something I just felt like that for the moment.. anyways why do teachers have to be like that? I thought it was their jobs to teach
Not accusing you or anything but maybe you did something annoying like talk back or was talking while she was teaching, or asked something right after she was done explaining it like you weren't listening, or maybe she asked you a question during the lesson and you didn't even try to answer it correctly.

I'm not saying that the reason she doesn't like you is all your fault, I'm just saying they've been teaching for so long when they see this type of behavior they just think "I'm not going to get anything through to him/her" and kind of give up ya it's a pain when your trying to learn and the teacher doesn't think you'll make it I had to tutor some kids in my algebra class last year because of that so I understand where your coming from.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
oooooooooh yaaaaaaaaaay!!! this thread is on the right page! :D

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Two or three things (or more... y'know what, I'll just start numbering and we'll find out at the end):

1. Smashboards is flipping out on me at the moment. Like Revolution is now Snow White or something.

It hasnt happened to me lately but I hate it when a teacher gives up on you.
Same here. Actually I'd like to generalize that to people. It's like I'm not good enough for them or something. And the thing is... I have this FEAR of it. It's why I avoid trying to commit to things involving people, so no one gets the chance to give up on me or worse play me like a fiddle for their own sick and twisted amusement. I'm already kind of "whipped" by one of my best friends as it is.

Strangely enough, I've been told twice that I seem to "try too hard". I never thought such a thing existed. I mean... if something doesn't happen, then you haven't put in enough effort, right? So why doesn't the same thing apply to people?

3. School stuff again. I'm not failing anything yet, but I feel like I'm in the wrong classes or something. I'm taking Physics (mechanics) this semester and I'm classified as a junior according to my college. I dunno, I feel like I'm in a remedial or special ed class. Yet at the same time I'm taking classes that are supposedly "senior" level courses. It all makes me feel out of place.

4. User Blogs. I'm sorta split on how the community is there. I mean... there's a writer's section (the name escapes me) here on Smashboards, right? So if the community expects quality writing... shouldn't they just migrate there? Then again at the same time I also feel that there could be less garbage blogs. I'm kind of afraid to write blogs there now, actually.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Two or three things (or more... y'know what, I'll just start numbering and we'll find out at the end):

1. Smashboards is flipping out on me at the moment. Like Revolution is now Snow White or something.

Same here. Actually I'd like to generalize that to people. It's like I'm not good enough for them or something. And the thing is... I have this FEAR of it. It's why I avoid trying to commit to things involving people, so no one gets the chance to give up on me or worse play me like a fiddle for their own sick and twisted amusement. I'm already kind of "whipped" by one of my best friends as it is.

Strangely enough, I've been told twice that I seem to "try too hard". I never thought such a thing existed. I mean... if something doesn't happen, then you haven't put in enough effort, right? So why doesn't the same thing apply to people?

3. School stuff again. I'm not failing anything yet, but I feel like I'm in the wrong classes or something. I'm taking Physics (mechanics) this semester and I'm classified as a junior according to my college. I dunno, I feel like I'm in a remedial or special ed class. Yet at the same time I'm taking classes that are supposedly "senior" level courses. It all makes me feel out of place.

4. User Blogs. I'm sorta split on how the community is there. I mean... there's a writer's section (the name escapes me) here on Smashboards, right? So if the community expects quality writing... shouldn't they just migrate there? Then again at the same time I also feel that there could be less garbage blogs. I'm kind of afraid to write blogs there now, actually.
Let's see what we got here...

1. It's not just you. That's why I switched to smash blue a few months ago, but it just went all white on today.

2. I don't know how I can really help you with that fear, except by saying that you just need to find that person/people that will never give up on you. They're out there, you just can't look too much to the ones that will. I try to be one of those people for those that know me, maybe if you tried being that person, it would help with your fear... And usually when people say that you're trying too hard, it's because you're trying so hard that it's making you do things wrong and you should take a step back and reevaluate the situation, for example: if you're working at something, you might have hit a plateau and no matter how much you try, nothing's going to get better. There, you need to just step back and cool down instead of wearing yourself out. OR if you're trying to act cool or fit with a certain group, they could be saying that you need to just back off and be yourself...eh, hope I made that clear...

3. Yeah, I think I know how you feel. I have to take a bunch of required courses because my school uses different terminology in music than what I learned previously, so I'm not going to be learning anything for at least a year.

4. Sorry, I don't frequent the blogs section at all...

Smash Master
...that you think there was no reason for it bothers me.
Y'all say **** like that, but you fail to provide a valid argument. What was the ****in reason?

Huge pet peeve when someone has a belief with no argument to substantiate it. The thread had a valid point. There's no significant difference (at least none that was brought up in the thread) between having the right to own a gun and a tank.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I'm bothered by the fact that now even Smash Blue and Classic Blue are glitched like Revolution.

The skin looks more like Classic White right now.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Agreed. I think what bothers me most is the fact that it fixes itself sometimes, and I get my hopes up. And when it dies a little, I die a little.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to ****ing murder little children if this white doesn't stop :mad:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom