• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Every time I see a combo video, I cry. I see them play amazing then I go and play like crap.
It saddens me and makes me feel useless.
And all I have to practice with are CPUs.

Oh, school's creeping up on me and I've realized I've wasted my summer.
Hey man never give up.Just keep watching then practicing what you see.

I used to be just like you,now im the best player in the country.(Not that the best in Ireland is really that great)

Ive got a perfect tournament record here.Just keep trying!

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Hey man never give up.Just keep watching then practicing what you see.

I used to be just like you,now im the best player in the country.(Not that the best in Ireland is really that great)

Ive got a perfect tournament record here.Just keep trying!
Kthx man.

I just don't know what to do to practice. I can only do so much with CPU's.

By the way, I love Irish people lol.

Heh, just noticed you main G&W. He's scrumpadoochous.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

Just... wow.

Ok, I don't know much about human behavior, but I seem to have some basic ideas of how things should go down:

1. If you're arranging to do something with someone, YOU STICK TO THE PLAN.
2. If you don't like someone, you probably ought to TELL THEM STRAIGHT UP instead of just screwing them over time and time again.
3. Combining 1 & 2, if you don't like someone, you DON'T MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE.

So... here's what went down that bothers me so much.

Thursday night: I'm walking back to class with this one guy (hereafter referred to as "J" for anonymity purposes) and his roommate. Now, I've known J since last semester. He used to play competitive Smash, and even though he didn't host Smashfests or tournaments, he still had Smashers over on a regular basis.

Anyway, we get near our apartments (where we have to split), and just as we start to leave I ask him when we were gonna meet up to start a co-op file of Tales of Symphonia. He asks if I'm gonna be busy Saturday or Sunday, and I tell him no. So we both agree to meet up Saturday.

Friday night: I'm staying up late even though I know that I have this arrangement tomorrow. Stupid of me, right? But I figure since we didn't agree to a time or anything it'd be alright as long as I didn't show up TOO late.

Now: It's a couple of hours since I left to go to J's place, and I'm back here at my apartment because J had his Smasher friends there. They all said "Hey" and after awhile J invites me to sit on the bed (since there's not a lot of room). I watch for a bit and then I ask J if I should come back another time and he says yes and also tells me to come back Sunday afternoon. So I left after a little while and here I am, wondering what to do now.

Really, what do you guys make of this? He's evidently known the Smashers longer than he knows me, so as far as priorities go I'm probably in his junk pile. Still... I don't get it. Why not tell me in the first place "Hey, can you come back Sunday?" instead of waiting for ME to bring it up? Heck, why bother inviting me, the "bottom-of-the-garbage-can" kid, AT ALL?

Right now... I'm just facepalming and headdesking until I draw blood.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I know who you're talking about... Or at least I'm pretty sure I do.

I would set a time next time. Just to make sure. Also he might have been waiting on them to leave since you didn't set a time... Because if it's the person I'm thinking of I don't think they were going to stay too long.

Then again, I may be -way- off base.

Smash Master
I can totally see how that actually went down where you are really the bad guy.

Microsoft Word is being a prick. I literally cannot return to the body of my text after I've entered a header. It's frustrating me to no end because nobody else in the history of the world has ever spent this much time trying to find a suitable means to type something within a WORD-PROCESSING application. I mean, you'd think this would be one of the first things they would make user-friendly. Why do I have to suffer because others are so incompetent they can't even be bothered to complete the tasks for which they are PAID? It's making me way madder than it should, I know, but ****, this thing needs to get done and I don't feel like spending another 15 mins trying to figure out how to do it.

Does anyone know how to go from header to body in a Word document, or should I just switch to a Mac right now?

Edit: nvm. In case anyone cares, just click on the document until your computer starts making a loud beeping noise, then click some more. It finally gets the point and stops being a douche at you.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
HAahhahahhaahahahhahahahahahahahahha

thats teh best solution for a computer problem i've ever heard.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It bothers me that people think they know me SO WELL. It happens here (they know who they are lol) and real life. The worse part is that they think they're justified.

But if I assume something about them, I'M somehow the sole bad guy.

D13

Smash Ace
I dislike the fact that my school has the old Microsoft installed on the computer system, and how I have Windows Vista. That means I can't upload movies from my computer into a school computer due to compatability issues.
Out of curiosity, why do you need to? Is it for school projects?

If so, yeah. That sucks.

Smash Master
No matter how much I practice something, I never get any better at it. Smash, typing, programming, driving, sports, you name it. I've been about as good at said activity as I have been since I finished growing. My plateau is leaps and bounds lower than anybody elses, and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

Being alive sucks.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
No matter how much I practice something, I never get any better at it. Smash, typing, programming, driving, sports, you name it. I've been about as good at said activity as I have been since I finished growing. My plateau is leaps and bounds lower than anybody elses, and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

Being alive sucks.
that's sort of like me. when i first start something, I'm usually better at it than I should be, but then I progress very little if at all.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
My life sucks.

Recently my bike was stolen. I'm trying to get past this, but I looked at my life as a whole for the first time in a long while.

I now have to walk to work for the time being, I have a terrible job making crap money, it's only a temporary gig with no guarantee that I'll get hired permanently, I haven't had a phone or the Internet in almost two weeks (even now, I'm hijacking someone's Wifi), I'm flat broke, been working at this job for two week now, haven't seen a dime yet, and when I finally do get my check, it's gonna look like s**t, and all of it is going to bills and crap. I'm almost 23 years old, haven't held a job for more than six months, still living with my parents, I don't go out much, I don't have many friends (and the ones I do have don't like to keep in touch), and I have accomplished next to nothing in my life. I haven't done too much wrong in my life. What have I done to deserve this?

I've been depressed before, but not like this. I need a pick me up.....badly.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Everyone hits a rough patch in their life. The only thing I can tell you as of now, is forget the internet until you can manage. If you cannot make end's meat, you should not be wasting what time you have. A second job is something I'd seriously consider, or finding a job that pays more and has more hours. You may not like it, but it's only going to help.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Everyone hits a rough patch in their life. The only thing I can tell you as of now, is forget the internet until you can manage. If you cannot make end's meet, you should not be wasting what time you have. A second job is something I'd seriously consider, or finding a job that pays more and has more hours. You may not like it, but it's only going to help.
don't worry Chaco I got you.

A second job or maybe even a third job if you are not a student. Anything that helps you support yourself.

Smash Master
Missed my bus, lost an important e-mail that I sent to 12 people in Cyberspace, and I can't find the card that lets me into and out of the building in which I am currently residing.

Basically, another typical day, another new set of frustrations and catastrophes.

I really need to find something to smoke or drink or inject.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
No smoking or injecting.

Injecting isn't a good excuse for anything. I used to be one of those people. It's not a pleasant road to go down. You fight it every day. And it sucks.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Smoking is a terrible habit. Don't start downt aht road. It's *** to try to ge tout of it

Smash Master
Yeah cigarettes are stupid, but reality sucks, and I'm too cowardly to physically escape it so I need a method of mentally escaping it. Trying to make things better hasn't made things better, so I'm willing to test an alternative treatment.

Got so close with the helium tank too. I'll never be able to pull it off though. Once you can hear and feel your heart beating, it's so hard to convince yourself that it's not going to hurt. My vision was actually blurry for like five seconds. I'll never know how close I was, but it couldn't have been too far, since I've never read an account of symptoms beyond those I've described.

Smash Master
Can't now. This outfit has to last through tomorrow morning's bus ride to walmart.

In general, it's usually a trade-off between basketball and making a deadline.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Run it off

seriosuly. Excercize and stuff is a great way to relieve stress.
Of course that's assuming he'd be capable without his heart going boom. Doesn't sound like he's in rehab either, so odds are he's not getting a routine checkup to even have a clue.

Where do you live, man? Life didn't give me a clean cut either, sometimes it helps to hear it from someone else.

Edit: So basketball a catalyst for the stress or something? Or you saying it helps?

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to resent my mother. She thinks all she has to do as a mother is cook food, clean the dishes, wash the laundry, and drive me and my sisters places but she never spends quality time with me or them (the last personal conversation me and my sisters had with her a was scolding). All the spare time she has is spent talking over a laptop to people whose faces she hasn't seen and names she doesn't know. Shoot, I feel so lonely now. The only real friends I have live thirty minutes to an hour and half away, the ones that don't are some middleschool girls (they're just friends, I swear) but, them being middleschool girls and me being a highschool boy, I probally don't have their parent's consent to hang out with them.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
You resent her and yet at the same time wish she would spend more time with you? I can understand why you guys are at odds. =p

She takes care of you, be glad you've at least got that. Maybe she'd like some attention for herself at this point in her life? You didn't say much so I can't make the call, but don't be too quick to judge.

Smash Journeyman
You resent her and yet at the same time wish she would spend more time with you? I can understand why you guys are at odds. =p
I guess I could just say I wish she was the type of mother who'd do that.

She takes care of you, be glad you've at least got that.
Barely, my grandmother and my dad are the only ones providing money for my family. She is going back to college though to get a job.

Maybe she'd like some attention for herself at this point in her life? You didn't say much so I can't make the call, but don't be too quick to judge.
Unfortunately, she's been incredibly sedentary and never really did anything about family matters for as long as I can remember.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
That sucks. And there aren't too many people to hang with where you live? Getting out can really help.

And I know it's an old adage, but friends come and go. Family's forever. If she's not putting forth the effort, find someone who will. But never forget she might be all you have on a bad day.

Smash Journeyman
That sucks. And there aren't too many people to hang with where you live? Getting out can really help.

And I know it's an old adage, but friends come and go. Family's forever. If she's not putting forth the effort, find someone who will. But never forget she might be all you have on a bad day.
You're right. Although I have been walking out to a local mall which is, supposedly, popular with my fellow students but I've barely came across any. Ah well, I can wait until school starts to befriend more students who live close by and those middleschoolers did give me their numbers, but they aren't working (I'll get some working ones soon enough since they take my bus). Thanks for the responses though, I have a feeling I'm gonna use this thread more often.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Haha, things should be cool once school starts. You're one of the lucky few looking forward to it.

But yeah, if you're ever bored out of your skull, you can probably find me on MSN (check my profile). I'm a full-time college student so I don't have much to do but chill on the computer between classes. =p

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah cigarettes are stupid, but reality sucks, and I'm too cowardly to physically escape it so I need a method of mentally escaping it. Trying to make things better hasn't made things better, so I'm willing to test an alternative treatment.

Got so close with the helium tank too. I'll never be able to pull it off though. Once you can hear and feel your heart beating, it's so hard to convince yourself that it's not going to hurt. My vision was actually blurry for like five seconds. I'll never know how close I was, but it couldn't have been too far, since I've never read an account of symptoms beyond those I've described.
Hmmm, I feel as though I am in the same predicament. I want to ''escape'' as well but there is no way except waiting it out and "for things to get better" and as you said, things hadn't. Although I don't do anything to mentally or virtually escape... I just play alot of videogames and still I'm a mess. Gah.

No job.
No car.
No liscence.
No MONEY.
NO SMASH. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH (I have the game just you know... the tourny experiences and stuff, and life)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom