• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
2. I don't know how I can really help you with that fear, except by saying that you just need to find that person/people that will never give up on you. They're out there, you just can't look too much to the ones that will. I try to be one of those people for those that know me, maybe if you tried being that person, it would help with your fear... And usually when people say that you're trying too hard, it's because you're trying so hard that it's making you do things wrong and you should take a step back and reevaluate the situation, for example: if you're working at something, you might have hit a plateau and no matter how much you try, nothing's going to get better. There, you need to just step back and cool down instead of wearing yourself out. OR if you're trying to act cool or fit with a certain group, they could be saying that you need to just back off and be yourself...eh, hope I made that clear...
Hm...

Well, I have two friends. 3. I dunno, really, it's kinda hard for me to play around with the definition of a friend right now, so I'll say 3.

Two are actually a couple. I knew the guy first, and then I kinda became good friends with his fiancee this summer. I know that they'll stick with me 'til the end because they're not judgmental of anything I do, and I don't have to fear it from them. BUT, they live in my hometown, about a 4-hour drive from here.

The other I've known for about a year now. We met online, and we've met IRL about 5 or 6 times now. He's quite talented at... well, almost everything. It's a little intimidating being his friend, tbh, since well, I feel like I have to measure up in something. Hence my presence here at Smashboards: I picked Brawl. BUT, I'm garbage at Brawl. He doesn't really seem to mind, although he gets annoyed about my playstyle (which is, in short, SD when I'm losing or otherwise just plain nervous). So I'm not sure what to think here. I'd like to get help here, but the community in general has been dodgy about it. If I'm not trying hard enough, well... I made a social group for this (which fell flat on its face from the beginning), I visited the Faux Finder chat room, I've even visited the Smash School that just popped up and I've gotten nothing. I've done just about everything I can think of short of being plain rude and egotistic, which I'm not about to do.

I know that kind of degenerated into problems with Brawl, but that's where this fear of people giving up on me has hit me the hardest.

4. Sorry, I don't frequent the blogs section at all...
It's fine. I just had to get that out there...

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Nintendoman, pick up Marth, go to the Marth General Discussion thread and get Junk to play with you. He's been helping out a lot of people recently. If you don't want to play Marth, you can always pretend that you do and just keep playing other characters as well. The Marth board just seems to be the most helpful out there right now. I'm sure you can find plenty of people that would like to play you and help you get better. Just kinda hang around the social thread for a while. . . And the other thing, don't worry about feeling intimidated when you're around someone that's good at something. They have no reason to really mind you if you're not being egotistical, which you obviously aren't. Just do things to enjoy yourself and the only standard you should set is knowing that you're trying your best.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Having a hard time getting my combo video together; to many world events around me and things going in my mind.

So my family almost got evacuated because of the California fires that we are having here in SoCal and I'm having very little time to work on my combo video since I dorm now and have no personal computer to work on it; Family feuds between my brother and mother really make me depressed. I really want to get this combo video out by 09-09-09 and it's really making me stressed out since it's weighing on time management a lot.

Reizilla

I did all but the last, because the keywords I saw looking through that thread were "$20/hour" and "****".

I'll continue to watch, but I think I'll pass until someone without a hungry ego shows up.
That's just him screwing around. He's really just helping everybody out that wants to get better, for free.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Well I did something unforgivable. I was minding my own business until I got killed by a car. My master buried me in the back yard. But I came back to life. I'm a zombie dog.

And for some reason, I thought my master was one who planned my death. So I ate him. I'm so inhumane... I mean indoge. ):

Reizilla

you can't finish the rubik's cube without luck or help. if you get help, it's just from somebody that's memorized the help.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
Religion in New Light

sorry, i'm not really venting per se... though i guess this does bother me in the sense that i really want to share it with somebody... i think i might call a friend up later tonight and talk to her about it, later XD. but i took this from my blog post, sorry 'bout the wall of text, but you're not obligated to read it =p

"I'm going through a change I never saw coming. I'm starting (somewhat) to believe in God --or at least some sort of higher power. I'd always considered myself agnostic: that wasn't really the case. I did not believe in God and I left very little room for the possibility of God. I called myself agnostic out of respect for church and religious communities. I'd been to church a few times and decided for myself that I respected it for the community of people it brought together and the amazing atmosphere it generated during a service, something my friend tells me is called the "Holy Spirit."

Well I had been going to church with a very good friend of mine. I haven't gone too many times, but each time I went, I was glad I went. In the midst of so many people so caught up in the Holy Spirit, singing, holding each other, and connecting with each other, I feel like I leave the real world for a few moments and I find myself in a completely different realm of existence. But despite leaving what I call "the real world," this other realm that I enter seems every bit as real, if not more real.

Despite that, I can't quite say I completely believe in God. I have a big problem with a lot of things in the Bible (and, therefore, probably the Qu'ran and Torah too); however, I may be going about this whole religion thing all wrong. For a long time, my biggest problem with Christianity was the Bible. In the Bible, God puts the Tree of Knowledge within easy access of Adam and Eve, forbids them from eating from it with no explanation whatsoever, and punishes them when they eat from it by expelling them from Eden, causing them pain, and making them susceptible to death... I fail to see the divine forgiveness to the human erring in this case. However, I'm starting to think that that's irrelevent. Sure, it's in the Bible, which is the book for Christianity... but the book isn't Christianity, it's the Bible. Christianity is more than just seeing, more than just hearing, more than just reading --it's about feeling. What I saw in the church: the people singing, holding each other, supporting each other... when I, myself, was holding and being held by one of my closest friends, when we were all singing together as one, when I felt like I had left the physical world... that... that is Christianity.

I think that's all I have to say on the topic for now... I know I kept saying "Christians" and "Christianity" and "Bible," but it was just to keep things simple. I'm sure what I said applies to all religions."

Scott!

Smash Lord
It bothers me a tiny bit that I had a nice, intelligent response to that What Am I? thread all typed out, but the thread just closed, and I lost what I typed by refreshing without thinking. I understand why it was closed, and why religion topics have to close, but it bothers me anyway. Or rather, it bothers me that the level of discourse here is not high enough to keep itself under control in controversial topics, and that they must all be kept in a separate room with a non-trivial entry process. In a better world, the people here would be mature enough to talk in a civilized manner about their beliefs and those of others, but Alas!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It bothers me a tiny bit that I had a nice, intelligent response to that What Am I? thread all typed out, but the thread just closed, and I lost what I typed by refreshing without thinking. I understand why it was closed, and why religion topics have to close, but it bothers me anyway. Or rather, it bothers me that the level of discourse here is not high enough to keep itself under control in controversial topics, and that they must all be kept in a separate room with a non-trivial entry process. In a better world, the people here would be mature enough to talk in a civilized manner about their beliefs and those of others, but Alas!
I concur. I say, at least wait until an ounce of flaming starts to ignite, and then close.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Yeah it is kinda annoying that we cant even post in the stupid debate room anyways,unless someone in there thinks your use of big words is good enough to argue with their use of bigger words.

I was allowed in there for one day,someone called me a genius for my theory about religion,then suddenly I was gone,after posting one thing.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hmm, for some reason I'm becoming very disinterested with life. No I'm not suicidal, not even close. Things just bore me now, this instance.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Hmm, for some reason I'm becoming very disinterested with life. No I'm not suicidal, not even close. Things just bore me now, this instance.
Travel. Seriously. Save up money and see the world. I'm sure you'll love it. You should enjoy your life though, you live in Florida =P

I mean, imagine if you lived in North Korea! Fun 18 hour days, you'll never have time to be bored!

:3

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I guess I'm still trying to get used to being single after so long. Bleh:-p.
I understand this statement. Me and mine just broke up yesterday because we realised we were better friends then we were in a relationship. We have a great time hanging out... But once you throw the relationship card into it, it just doesn't work out anymore.

So I understand seeing as it was almost 4 years that we had been together.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
I understand this statement. Me and mine just broke up yesterday because we realised we were better friends then we were in a relationship. We have a great time hanging out... But once you throw the relationship card into it, it just doesn't work out anymore.

So I understand seeing as it was almost 4 years that we had been together.
that stinks.

I really can't relate but I do understand how difficult this kind of thing is. Especially when you will see the other person over and over and over. That makes it really hard to move on.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Go out with friends, meet new people. Have a jolly good time!

That's what i did when i was single. Seemed to work pretty well.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Bugs!

I hate bugs.

This happens every time during this part of the year. These gnats called lovebugs come here to spawn. It gets so annoying because they crowd around on objects colored white and doors.

To make matters worse, this mean other insects will come and prey on them making this much more uncomfortable. Their mating season just started yesterday and already there are too many of them.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Bugs!

I hate bugs.

This happens every time during this part of the year. These gnats called lovebugs come here to spawn. It gets so annoying because they crowd around on objects colored white and doors.

To make matters worse, this mean other insects will come and prey on them making this much more uncomfortable. Their mating season just started yesterday and already there are too many of them.
Never heard of them, but we do get gnats where I live. Yet another reason I can't wait for winter!

What we do have an excess of where I live is mosquitoes. They are terrible this year. There have been a few times where I went outside and I LITERALLY had 20 or so of those things flying around me.

And I've had five of them on me at one time! D:

Those stupid things never learn that they're going to die if they land on us. (Although I wish they wouldn't... They're really gross and the fact that I actually am touching them when I kill them disturbs me.)

I'm not looking forward to going back to my school tomorrow. :(
I don't see why everybody hates school so much!

Personally I was excited for classes to start this semester. Summer is so hot, long, and boring. (That's the way college summers are!)

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea why the people I meet seem to give me some kind of... immunity to some of the stuff I do to them. I just don't get it.

Example, just now I went on a math nerd rage and told my friend who put up a Dissidia Final Fantasy gameplay video on YouTube that he could have used a summon at a later time (he was caught in chain of hits, so he used a summon that mulitplied his Brave by 1.5 so he could keep taking damage).

He was arguing with me that it wouldn't have mattered since he destroyed the comp in the end anyway. I just merely pointed out that yes, but the way I suggested would've improved his already solid situation a bit more.

Then, I just realized how stupid it was of me to get so picky over that one thing because, as my friend said, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. BUT, my friend tells me there's no need for me to apologize.

NOW I'm thinking that he's giving me this "get-out-of-jail-free-card" for absolutely no reason, when another mutual acquaintance of ours had earlier expressed an opinion that was... not held by many others.

So what I don't understand how the acquaintance's opinion is "********" in his eyes but somehow my incredibly picky and irrelevant use of math was... not. IMO, both things were trivial and both things were "********". So why should I slide by on this issue?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Bugs!

I hate bugs.

Ah, I just take them in my hands and shake them up, blam. Also, I heard they used to get rid of mosqutioues? I'd rather see lovebugs then mosqutioes lol. Lovebugs were very annoying though. Now I won't have to worry about that since I moved.

I have no idea why the people I meet seem to give me some kind of... immunity to some of the stuff I do to them. I just don't get it.

Example, just now I went on a math nerd rage and told my friend who put up a Dissidia Final Fantasy gameplay video on YouTube that he could have used a summon at a later time (he was caught in chain of hits, so he used a summon that mulitplied his Brave by 1.5 so he could keep taking damage).

He was arguing with me that it wouldn't have mattered since he destroyed the comp in the end anyway. I just merely pointed out that yes, but the way I suggested would've improved his already solid situation a bit more.

Then, I just realized how stupid it was of me to get so picky over that one thing because, as my friend said, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. BUT, my friend tells me there's no need for me to apologize.

NOW I'm thinking that he's giving me this "get-out-of-jail-free-card" for absolutely no reason, when another mutual acquaintance of ours had earlier expressed an opinion that was... not held by many others.

So what I don't understand how the acquaintance's opinion is "********" in his eyes but somehow my incredibly picky and irrelevant use of math was... not. IMO, both things were trivial and both things were "********". So why should I slide by on this issue?
Well, I don't think it was ********. Also, its not like you were doing something to your friend, you were simply trying to state a point. Although, you should have said that he should keep that in mind because it might help him in the future with harder enemies/bosses later encountered. ;3 (it might help him deal a little more damage and maybe end it quicker) Becuase, for that computer, it would be overkill (maybe) but not for a harder enemy. :]

BSP

Smash Legend
Bugs!

I hate bugs.

I know, they are really annoying. I can usually kill them in midair though:chuckle:

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
I don't think I've been truly happy in a long time. I smile a lot and force a laugh out with my friends. I genuinely enjoy their company, but I really don't think I've actually laughed without pretending too in years. I'm a bit of a stoic person yet I have a sense of humor. I'm trying to change that... but the most I can do is just feign joy.... HELP =D <---- Fake smile

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't think I've been truly happy in a long time. I smile a lot and force a laugh out with my friends. I genuinely enjoy their company, but I really don't think I've actually laughed without pretending too in years. I'm a bit of a stoic person yet I have a sense of humor. I'm trying to change that... but the most I can do is just feign joy.... HELP =D <---- Fake smile
Ya I hate formalities like when your friend makes a joke your expected to laugh but if you hang out with them enough you might be close enough to say hey that was stupid not funny because me and my friends say stupid stuff all the time we just let each other know.

RDK

Smash Hero
Ah, ennui.

Do something spontaneous; step outside the box. Try flying over to Michigan and getting destroyed by me in person in Call of Duty! :p

L__

Smash Master
I feel uncomfortable introducing myself to other smashers

It bothers me

T________T

I usually just tag up and wait for their introductions lol

L__

Smash Master
In real life.

Unless they're really outgoing.

Like, when I first met Silent Wolf and played him in friendlies, I was like

:|

But when I met Tang

We talked a lot

Same with Zhu

Smurfy EXE

Smash Apprentice
I gotta a little problem I was hoping ya'll could help me out with :3

Okay, so I'm currently A Junior in High School, and this year, I'm feelin real good about myself, got the nicer clothes, different attitude, hanging out with ladies more... But, I knew it was too good to be true...

I have this friend, and he ALWAYS WANTS TO BE WITH ME... I don't have any time to myself... I don't hate the kid, I like him... But I have my own life, different friends... and I need to talk to girls...I can't always be with him... He always **** talks all the girls I like, he wears the same clothes, and is just overall kinda of a **** blocker...

I met this really cute girl, and I was talking to her alot and hanging out with her at school, avoiding my little shadow. But he found me, waited til I came through the door, and followed me and the girl... It was very awkward, and the girl left... I WAS PISSED, I TOLD HIM TO GO AWAY... all he did was giggle...

I met another really cute girl, who has a bunch of cute friends... I hang out with them in the morning outside the building, but shadow caught on and started appearing out there too... It still feels awkward, all he does is says "EW! Those girls are gross!" I want himm to go away... I want to be with them, not him all the time... But every time I try and tell him to go away, he say "AWWW, Sebastian... But you're ditching me! You always ditch me for those whores!"

It irritates me so BAD, but I don't want to say anything to try and not hurt his feelings... He doesn't have any other friends... I'm basically his only friend...

I was talking to this girl that i think is hot, named Robin... we we're talking and getting a little sexual with the conversation, when the Shadow came up and said "HEY SEBASTIAN! LET'S GO, THIS GIRL IS UGLY!" She and I stood in silence... She walked away... I felt horrible... I'm trying to talk to her again... but I always have to keep looking out for my Shadow...

IT SUCKS SO BAD! I'm starting to hate it! He always comes to me with his problems, and I have to listen, and I have to help him... But he can't give me some peace...

I know I'm not amazing looking... But i'm not bad... (Baby you could do a whole lot better! But you could DEFINATLEY do a WHOLE LOT worse!) I've been told I'm really cute :3... and girls like talking to me... But WHEN HE COME AROUND THE CORNER, IT'S LIKE.... IT'S LIKE.... JUST, INSTA COCKBLOCK!

Please help, It's already kinda awkward talking to girls right now... andI don't need him making it worse... Much thankies :3

Please help me... PUH-LEEZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom