• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Zhu. To be honest, if they're moving and it's the last time you see them for half a year to a year then it's better to spend the day with them. ): You're in Cali, between now and the next time you see your parents, you'll have plenty of tourneys to look forward to. Plus, you're asian, family always comes first. 0:<

Although, if tomorrow happened to be pound 4, then it'd be a whole different story.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Another problem I have: There was never anything about my family life I was very proud of. My parents deny ever making a good couple, and it took me until 2005 or 2006 to ever get along with any of them. It's the leading (but not sole) reason that: I'll be surprised if I ever get married or have children. Another problem is I believe Earth is overpopulated, so I don't want to have children, but I can't decide whether or not to persuade others not to reproduce.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Zhu. To be honest, if they're moving and it's the last time you see them for half a year to a year then it's better to spend the day with them. ): You're in Cali, between now and the next time you see your parents, you'll have plenty of tourneys to look forward to. Plus, you're asian, family always comes first. 0:<

Although, if tomorrow happened to be pound 4, then it'd be a whole different story.
I've actually spent the past two days with them, and I already feel like that's too much.

It's funny that you mention the Asian thing because I feel like because I grew up in an Asian family, I value my family that much less. I live in a rich Asian community and it seems to be the trend for families to just throw money around and "support" their kids more for status (within the family) than out of parental love. Like my parents aren't really like that, but they never hesitate to just give me money rather than their time. I remember asking my dad for a ride to school (I live like a mile from school and didn't want to walk because my legs were sore) and he kicked me to the ground and went back to bed because he thought I was trying to be funny.

Now I'm just swallowing myself in self pity! I suppose I'll try to make the best of today and worry about tomorrow later.

Another problem I have: There was never anything about my family life I was very proud of. My parents deny ever making a good couple, and it took me until 2005 or 2006 to ever get along with any of them. It's the leading (but not sole) reason that: I'll be surprised if I ever get married or have children. Another problem is I believe Earth is overpopulated, so I don't want to have children, but I can't decide whether or not to persuade others not to reproduce.
You are not your parents. Just because they couldn't work things out doesn't mean you can't with your potential partner. Either way, they settled their differences or at least compromised until it worked out, and it's more than likely they worked things out for you as much as for them. And don't use overpopulation as a reason not to have kids, I mean you would potentially / realistically have up to what six kids? It's more likely that a few of those six kids will do more good than damage by taking up space =)

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
You are not your parents. Just because they couldn't work things out doesn't mean you can't with your potential partner. Either way, they settled their differences or at least compromised until it worked out, and it's more than likely they worked things out for you as much as for them. And don't use overpopulation as a reason not to have kids, I mean you would potentially / realistically have up to what six kids? It's more likely that a few of those six kids will do more good than damage by taking up space =)
Actually, my parents are divorced. They never settled most of their differences. And why should I expect 6 children? You must have a completely different belief system from me if you believe continued population growth is THAT good. My opinion that there's already too many people on Earth is stronger than you think.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I've actually spent the past two days with them, and I already feel like that's too much.

It's funny that you mention the Asian thing because I feel like because I grew up in an Asian family, I value my family that much less. I live in a rich Asian community and it seems to be the trend for families to just throw money around and "support" their kids more for status (within the family) than out of parental love. Like my parents aren't really like that, but they never hesitate to just give me money rather than their time. I remember asking my dad for a ride to school (I live like a mile from school and didn't want to walk because my legs were sore) and he kicked me to the ground and went back to bed because he thought I was trying to be funny.

Now I'm just swallowing myself in self pity! I suppose I'll try to make the best of today and worry about tomorrow later.
Eh, well in that case then you could definitely go to the tourney. I don't know how your parents are but make sure they don't get hurt or anything because you decide to go to the tourney. It's not really nice to move on a sour note.

Also lol. Your neighborhood sounds awesome actually. Money<3

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Actually, my parents are divorced. They never settled most of their differences. And why should I expect 6 children? You must have a completely different belief system from me if you believe continued population growth is THAT good. My opinion that there's already too many people on Earth is stronger than you think.
My bad, I misread what you wrote. I somehow read "and it took them until 2005 or 2006 to ever get along".

And when I said six kids I meant six as an extreme, and I definitely didn't mean to encourage it. But I do agree that overpopulation is a problem, I just don't think that should be used as a reason for you to personally not have children. I don't know your circumstances with your parents and such though. But even if you have children, it's not like they'd just be taking up space and using up resources as you'd have a better shot at providing for them and raising them to do something beneficial than many other people in this world. They could potentially share the same concerns as you do and find solutions to said overpopulation problems or something.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I've been really depressed lately... AGAIN.

Why do all the popular people on SWF (most of the mods, namely Teran17 and Xsyven) hate me so much? I just want friends, but if I can't get any on the internet, then how the hell do I make it through real life?

I suppose I know why Teran and Xsyven would hate me, considering the very first infraction I ever got on Smashboards (the one given to me for bashing gays). But, I want to tell all of you that I've changed. I don't hate gays. Actually, I never really did. But I suppose that you still hate me, huh?

Also, I've been burdened with horrible, horrible memories of my stepdad and people who have made my life miserable. I only have one friend in real life, and on the internet I don't even have any. I'll bet some people would even kill me they hate me so much.

I don't want to kill myself, and when I've tried in the past, I couldn't do it because I was subconsciously held back.

I'm just a crying ***** that will never get any friends, because Teran and all the respected mods and forum vets hate me and think I'm worthless. I honestly don't know how I got so much disrespect, but because of it all, I hope I die soon.

Oh and by the way, that infraction that I was talking about... I wish it never happened. I was such an idiot back in those days, and anybody who looks at that infraction now thinks I still am one.

Okay, I'm done.
Well for the most part, Teran's a lot nicer nowadays.

But jokes aside, everyone usually pokes fun, no one really means any harm. =P Just don't sweat it.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I hate that too.

But onto the topic.

My family (parents / sister) are moving to New Jersey tomorrow and I probably won't see them until next summer, except maybe Thanksgivings / Winter Break. I'm planning on going to a tournament tomorrow. I didn't think twice about not seeing them off and I know I won't regret it. I'm pretty sure I'd regret not going to the tournament much more.

I feel like I should really be missing them more. I feel worse about the fact that I don't miss them than the actual missing them part. I guess family was never a central part of my life. I don't think this is me trying to assert my independence or me looking forward to living on my own as I've done my first year of college. I don't know. I guess family was never a central part of my life, but I've never felt so apathetic towards my family and it really bothers me. Any thoughts?
what? You'll be in jersey over winter/thanksgiving break???

Also, I've been going away to school since my sophomore year of highschool and never actually missed any of my family members. So I guess I know what you're feeling. Or maybe I don't. I didn't have a great childhood experience with my family, for various reasons. I know I care about and love them, but I just don't really care for their company much, especially after having to deal with them for the first 13 years of my life.

I don't think you should spend the time with them instead of go to the tournament simply because you feel obligated to.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is funny because I've never even talked to Sly Fox like ever.

On top of that, I haven't even infracted him. Once. Really Sly Fox, I don't see how you could get the impression I hate you when I don't think I've even interacted with you in any way. This is mighty bizarre. As for RDK, that's not very nice of you.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Well to Sly Fox's defense Teran, prior to your promotion you kinda gave off that "jerk" vibe.

Maybe he took it the wrong way?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well then why do I have friends on this site?
I don't see why anyone's my friend if I'm such a jerk.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What's bothering me now is that what you just said doesn't make much sense to me. =/

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I think he is saying that your being a jerk is hilarious sometimes, and because of your "detective" work with Snucas earlier this year.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
It bothers me when people say the fast food and tobacco industries deserve to stay in business when they sell products THAT deadly. They say it's my colleagues' fault for buying the products when fast food has such a tendency to market to children (they're bombarded with several fast food advertisements every year). They don't know any better, so how can you expect children not to want to eat the fast food. With the bonds between fast food and childhood memories, they can't stop eating it. As for tobacco, why people take up "the nasty habit" is an age-old question that'll take a miracle to be answered.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
It bothers me ... is an age-old question that'll take a miracle to be answered.
Unfortunately, the world has its permanent time-bombs. Some things won't go away, at least for this current civilization. It's human nature, unfortunately. Just make sure you don't get caught in the resulting explosion.

Smash Master
It bothers me when people say the fast food and tobacco industries deserve to stay in business when they sell products THAT deadly. They say it's my colleagues' fault for buying the products when fast food has such a tendency to market to children (they're bombarded with several fast food advertisements every year). They don't know any better, so how can you expect children not to want to eat the fast food. With the bonds between fast food and childhood memories, they can't stop eating it. As for tobacco, why people take up "the nasty habit" is an age-old question that'll take a miracle to be answered.
Sometimes I feel like there are so many problems that it's not even worth it to list them one by one.

People are evil, and the powerful ones are unchecked. We live in a theocracy. That pretty much sums up why the US is in such a state.

~Radiance~

Meow-Meow, Choco-Chow
NNID
LatiasLulu
3DS FC
4098-3185-5390
I'm mad that i missed warped tour, it was so much fun last year and I even got a pic with the hot asian band.

But besides that I had hoped my summer would be more entertaining and it was just work work work. Oh well, I guess itll pay off.

RDK

Smash Hero
This is funny because I've never even talked to Sly Fox like ever.

On top of that, I haven't even infracted him. Once. Really Sly Fox, I don't see how you could get the impression I hate you when I don't think I've even interacted with you in any way. This is mighty bizarre. As for RDK, that's not very nice of you.
'Twas a joke.

Also, I assume you have friends because it pays to be friends with a moderator. :embarrass

Ladybug

Smash Lord
The fact that I feel completely unappreciated in my relationship... And my boyfriend has logged more hours on both WoW and Champions than he has spent time with me. I consider that to be a pretty serious problem.

I'm very tired of feeling second to everything. :(

And it's not as simple as "Just leave". It's almost been four years.

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice
The fact that I feel completely unappreciated in my relationship... And my boyfriend has logged more hours on both WoW and Champions than he has spent time with me. I consider that to be a pretty serious problem.

I'm very tired of feeling second to everything. :(

And it's not as simple as "Just leave". It's almost been four years.

Wow... I know exactly how you feel. This guy that I actually liked a lot for the fact that we had a lot in common video game wise (along with other things though, of course), ended up doing the same to me. Putting me second to that amongst a number of other things, all trivial. If it's comforting at all, at least know you're not the only one going through it. But the best you can do in this situation is to talk to him about it calmly, and if he refuses to change, then leaving may be your best bet.

Some guys are just not ready to have a relationship and divide their attention.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Wow... I know exactly how you feel. This guy that I actually liked a lot for the fact that we had a lot in common video game wise (along with other things though, of course), ended up doing the same to me. Putting me second to that amongst a number of other things, all trivial. If it's comforting at all, at least know you're not the only one going through it. But the best you can do in this situation is to talk to him about it calmly, and if he refuses to change, then leaving may be your best bet.

Some guys are just not ready to have a relationship and divide their attention.
I have talked to him about it and it hasn't changed. The worst part is, is that he says he wants to marry me and made this big ordeal about how he doesn't want me to think he's ignoring me because I've mentioned that I feel that way some times but when we finally have time to spend together... It doesn't happen.

Like today. We had plans for lunch today. And when I called him... He had absolutely no interest in spending time with me today at all. I gave him ever opportunity and he just... Didn't care.

But it does make me feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one. It just sucks cause like I said... It's not the easiest thing to just pack up and leave after this long.

RDK

Smash Hero
Give him an ultimatum. Tell him that if he doesn't start paying more attention to you, you're going to leave.

I'd imagine if my girlfriend told me that I would start paying more attention.

Alessandra

Smash Apprentice
I have talked to him about it and it hasn't changed. The worst part is, is that he says he wants to marry me and made this big ordeal about how he doesn't want me to think he's ignoring me because I've mentioned that I feel that way some times but when we finally have time to spend together... It doesn't happen.

Like today. We had plans for lunch today. And when I called him... He had absolutely no interest in spending time with me today at all. I gave him ever opportunity and he just... Didn't care.

But it does make me feel a bit better knowing I'm not the only one. It just sucks cause like I said... It's not the easiest thing to just pack up and leave after this long.

That is awful. You should come before video games. I mean, it's understandable that he has his own interests and likes to dedicate time to them, but when that means completely blowing off the person he says he wants to MARRY, then it is just unacceptable.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
It's picture day today and my hair is not working with me, It's the worst it's been so far this school year, and I just can't figure out a way to make my smile look good. =/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Be glad you don't have pictures right after being all hot and sweaty at band practice :'(

Scott!

Smash Lord

I agree with RDK that you need to give an ultimatum. He says he doesn't want you to feel ignored, but he's still ignoring you. When you talk to him, point this hypocrisy out. He may say he wants to marry you, but he's clearly not ready to commit to such a relationship. You need to give some sort of ultimatum, and you need to be ready if he doesn't meet your demands. If you lay it down, but when it comes down to it you cave, then he'll know you don't really mean what you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom