• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overload

Smash Lord
There's a girl who has feelings for me and those feelings are mutual. I'm terrible when it comes to relationships and probably would never end up asking her out. However, a friend has offered to be the link. He's friends with her and whatnot, and he let me know she had feelings for me, even though I already had pretty much figured that out. I've known her for a few years, and she's pretty cool. I've only been in one relationship in the past. The thing is, I always think I won't make a good boyfriend and all that crap. I went out with my other girlfriend for TWO YEARS and nothing really advanced, because I just couldn't make a move. I guess I'm afraid that they might not want that, so I just don't risk it to avoid the possible awkwardness/discomfort. I guess I'm just seriously lacking self-confidence. Also, if I had it my way, my parents would never find out about this stuff. However, I live with them, so that's unavoidable. I just want to get over this "fear" (if you want to call it that). I'm having a hard time explaining this, hopefully someone can understand this rambling.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
There's a girl who has feelings for me and those feelings are mutual. I'm terrible when it comes to relationships and probably would never end up asking her out. However, a friend has offered to be the link. He's friends with her and whatnot, and he let me know she had feelings for me, even though I already had pretty much figured that out. I've known her for a few years, and she's pretty cool. I've only been in one relationship in the past. The thing is, I always think I won't make a good boyfriend and all that crap. I went out with my other girlfriend for TWO YEARS and nothing really advanced, because I just couldn't make a move. I guess I'm afraid that they might not want that, so I just don't risk it to avoid the possible awkwardness/discomfort. I guess I'm just seriously lacking self-confidence. Also, if I had it my way, my parents would never find out about this stuff. However, I live with them, so that's unavoidable. I just want to get over this "fear" (if you want to call it that). I'm having a hard time explaining this, hopefully someone can understand this rambling.
:bee: Ask her out! Go for it I say! You're never going to meet "the one" if you don't go out with girls, plus that awkward/discomfort feeling, won't ever go away unless you face this "fear" and overcome it. Do you really want to die a virgin?

Be the man! :mad:...not a f**ken hesitating wuss
Don't go looking for her approval or asking what she wants to do, do things your way and lead her.
Don't let the fear control you, if you start the relationship while still fearful, you WILL screw it up. Project confidence, walk tall, girls are experts at reading body language. I mean she LIKES YOU for goodness sake, half the work is done.

Use humour and be unpredictable. (no cliché crap) :chuckle:
Set yourself apart from the average boring guy.

Seriously just google David Deangelo
Double Your Dating
:laugh:. So sleepy. :(

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
this is not a problem, this is an opportunity

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
i have that same problem.

but im upset because my school starts this monday
My problem is similar, except that I'm already fairly tall. I'm close to 6 feet but I want to be at least 6 feet. I just hope I can reach 6 feet before I reach the age where I can't get taller.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It sometimes feels like my dad rather have some other person as thier son/daughter. If you can just hear him admiring other people like one of my cousins. But no I dont think Ive heard of him being proud of me or him admiring me to other people... I seriously dont think I dont Ive ever made him proud of anything. And whenever I accomplish something its never "You should see how proud of him I am of him" material. It usually means when I accomplish something that I am the only one to feel that sense of accomplishment... oh well what am I gonna do...

Also the way we are so different. I cannot for the life of me ever me obsessed with soccer... the other day I asked him to hear a cd with me and he wouldnt because he doesnt like that artist. I cannot find one activity that we both like so we bond or something. Sports, I hate, Video games, he dont like, songs, we like the opposite of what we like, there is seriously nothing I like that he dont for godsakes he would rather be with my friends... theres my rant.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah but did my dad ever give me a "Im proud of you son" speech? No he never has. Instead he spends the whole day saying: Look at your cousin she is very responsible, has a job, and gets good grades. Or he says: Look at your friend. He likes all the same stuff I do. Thats why he took him to a concert instead of me and bought him a jersey of his favorite team that my friend doesnt even like.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Is this the right thread, Azua? lol

I'm not one to come to a group of strangers about my personal problems but........

The person I am going out with is gone for another day with their family and I'm going nuts. I haven't talked to them for about 2 weeks lol

What should I do to not go crazy? My first day of school starts up monday.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Is this the right thread, Azua? lol

I'm not one to come to a group of strangers about my personal problems but........

The person I am going out with is gone for another day with their family and I'm going nuts. I haven't talked to them for about 2 weeks lol

What should I do to not go crazy? My first day of school starts up monday.
Focusing on hobbies and watching TV for a few days might help.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Look to the positive in the situation and look forward to when you can talk again. And then do things that require full attention.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just do something else. With all the entertainment norms of today (DVDs, the movie theater, video games, the internet, friends, watching televison, etc), you can easily pass 2 weeks without too many issues. :D

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Well thanks to two small documents I did not even know existed, I had to go to the college to fill out a ton of paper work for two of my college classes I am taking on my school's campus. And then it turns out I have to get two slips from my college teachers and then turn it in with the rest of the paper work. The main problem is both of these classes are kinda full so there's a good chance I might not even get any of them, and then end up taking two other classes. Then end up taking the two college classes after the winter, or during the summer. These two classes are Pre Calculus and Chemistry. . . .. And I had to buy a 200$ dollar book, and I if I don't get into Chemistry I just wasted that money until the summer -_-. Not to mention every Friday from 1pm-4pm I have to go to a lab for Chemistry, and if I miss any labs for the semester I fail :urg:. Well my mom was right about the paper work I didn't know existed. . . . . Also I am taking independent study PE for my last PE class to finish my two years of PE. But know they made it alot harder, so I might as well drop it until next year. As I do not know if I can juggle all of this. That is if I can even get all this paper work done by Friday. . . .

It's all my fault for not about the two documents :urg: , this really isn't helping my negative mind. I am in 11th grade and have Spanish 3, and my sis is in Spanish 3 and is in 9th. . . . I knew I should have skipped spanish 1 and 2 . . . .

Overload

Smash Lord
It is part of my school's graduating requirements, and not to mention I also have to have a digital portfolio done by the end of my senior year .
What if you weren't planning on going to college?

Yeah during my senior year we had to do a senior project, and part of the requirements for that was to have a portfolio. Not digital though.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
My Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector...It's DEAD :urg:. I have no idea what happened, other than the fact that the green blinking light is not blinking. And I've gotten really used to brawling with people here, so now I have to wait for it to turn on again...

Hrm...I think that's it for now. Nothing really bothers me that much :ohwell:

Overload

Smash Lord
If I were you I'd invest in a wireless router. It will work with all of your consoles and anything else that can utilize Wi-Fi.

Reizilla

I'll say it again: *****es.

I'm freaking 18 and the only girls I can attract are 15 year olds >_< Well, I can attract more, but I don't have the patience to talk to 99% of people my age because they're all so stupid. Maybe my purpose in life is to save little girls from complete stupidity. I met all of these people while I was still underage and in high school, by the way.

@overload, good job mayne! don't waste that chance you got there.

@kirbywiz, **** school work. get a 32 on your ACT and the equivalent on your SAT and you'll be set for college. drop out early and get your GED and save two years of your life and focus on your major if you already know what it is. if not, you better do your best in school. haha

Reizilla

What do you do when you really hurt the person that you care about the most? Like reeeeeally reeeeeeeally bad. Like she doesn't want to talk to you ever again bad. But you know you really ****ed up and you really want to make things better.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
What do you do when you really hurt the person that you care about the most? Like reeeeeally reeeeeeeally bad. Like she doesn't want to talk to you ever again bad. But you know you really ****ed up and you really want to make things better.
don't do it. don't hurt her, please. if you know you ****ed up, just accept it. if you want to make things better, try and do so... if you can't, that's just something both of you can't sort out and you'll have to just take this as a learning experience. but don't hurt her... you'll really lose her as a friend then, and maybe others. and possibly more important, you lose yourself. you're gonna have to question yourself if you're willing to hurt somebody you care about out of malice.

my basis for what i just said is that i know somebody who hurt a former friend. he claimed to care about her, but he hurt her so bad. despite that, when he told me he wanted to stay friends with me... i told him i'd think about it. i shouldn't even be thinking about it... i care so much for the person he hurt, how could i even think about being his friend? even if it doesn't mean forgiving him. i can't forgive him for what he's done... even if she's already forgiven him. if that's the case, then i shouldn't even be his friend; thus, i shouldn't be thinking about it.

that said, i've thought about it, and i've reached the conclusion that i don't want to be his friend anymore... i couldn't. i can't really be a friend to somebody like him... somebody who was willing to go so far to hurt somebody he once cared about.

now onto what's really bothering me.

another one of my friends told me she'd lose a lot of respect for me if i stayed his friend. granted, she hates him too and is good friends with the person he hurt. she doesn't want that to affect my decision, but i gotta be honest with myself... she is arguably the most important person in my life... of course she's going to influence my decision! i can tell she doesn't want me to be his friend... hell, i wouldn't want me to be friends with him if i were her. so my decision not to be his friend, while it was reached on my own... i'm sure she influenced it. there's no way she didnt, it's just human nature to be influenced by people you respect and care about, right?

god****, i don't even know what i'm trying to say

Reizilla

don't do it. don't hurt her, please. if you know you ****ed up, just accept it. if you want to make things better, try and do so... if you can't, that's just something both of you can't sort out and you'll have to just take this as a learning experience. but don't hurt her... you'll really lose her as a friend then, and maybe others. and possibly more important, you lose yourself. you're gonna have to question yourself if you're willing to hurt somebody you care about out of malice.

my basis for what i just said is that i know somebody who hurt a former friend. he claimed to care about her, but he hurt her so bad. despite that, when he told me he wanted to stay friends with me... i told him i'd think about it. i shouldn't even be thinking about it... i care so much for the person he hurt, how could i even think about being his friend? even if it doesn't mean forgiving him. i can't forgive him for what he's done... even if she's already forgiven him. if that's the case, then i shouldn't even be his friend; thus, i shouldn't be thinking about it.

that said, i've thought about it, and i've reached the conclusion that i don't want to be his friend anymore... i couldn't. i can't really be a friend to somebody like him... somebody who was willing to go so far to hurt somebody he once cared about.

now onto what's really bothering me.

another one of my friends told me she'd lose a lot of respect for me if i stayed his friend. granted, she hates him too and is good friends with the person he hurt. she doesn't want that to affect my decision, but i gotta be honest with myself... she is arguably the most important person in my life... of course she's going to influence my decision! i can tell she doesn't want me to be his friend... hell, i wouldn't want me to be friends with him if i were her. so my decision not to be his friend, while it was reached on my own... i'm sure she influenced it. there's no way she didnt, it's just human nature to be influenced by people you respect and care about, right?

god****, i don't even know what i'm trying to say
I don't know you're friend, but perhaps I could empathize with him. I've already done it. I hurt her out of malice to try to prove a point. It was the only way to do it. It was a high-risk decision. It did what it was supposed to, but it screwed things up at the same time. It was the only chance I had to get what I wanted though. They say you always hurt the ones you care about most. It wasn't out of pure malice. It was more out of self-anguish than anything. I'm doing my best to try to make things better now. We're both in similar situations now. All I really did was show her where her actions took me. It was ultimately unintentional on both parts to get to put the other where we are now, but it happened and it's just something we have to try to forgive and forget for both of our sakes. She's the most important person in my life, and I in hers. It hurts the both of us a lot, but we just need to forgive each other for making the biggest mistake of our relationship and really hurting the person closest to us. I guess all we can do now is wait. Let time heal the wounds. I'm hoping time flies by fast though. For both of us.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I've been really depressed lately... AGAIN.

Why do all the popular people on SWF (most of the mods, namely Teran17 and Xsyven) hate me so much? I just want friends, but if I can't get any on the internet, then how the hell do I make it through real life?

I suppose I know why Teran and Xsyven would hate me, considering the very first infraction I ever got on Smashboards (the one given to me for bashing gays). But, I want to tell all of you that I've changed. I don't hate gays. Actually, I never really did. But I suppose that you still hate me, huh?

Also, I've been burdened with horrible, horrible memories of my stepdad and people who have made my life miserable. I only have one friend in real life, and on the internet I don't even have any. I'll bet some people would even kill me they hate me so much.

I don't want to kill myself, and when I've tried in the past, I couldn't do it because I was subconsciously held back.

I'm just a crying ***** that will never get any friends, because Teran and all the respected mods and forum vets hate me and think I'm worthless. I honestly don't know how I got so much disrespect, but because of it all, I hope I die soon.

Oh and by the way, that infraction that I was talking about... I wish it never happened. I was such an idiot back in those days, and anybody who looks at that infraction now thinks I still am one.

Okay, I'm done.

Reizilla

Sly, don't try to kill yourself man. There's always something for you to look forward to in life. Things bring you down, but it'll just be sweeter when you finally do overcome everything. If people don't want to give you a chance, that's their loss. They're not worth your time and you shouldn't worry about impressing them or anything like that. People that don't know how to give a second chance, don't deserve a chance either. I'm sure you'll be able to make friends. There have to be people that you can get along with out there, maybe just not here on SWF, or not in whatever forums you're looking to. There are always people who care about you, even if you don't realize it and there are always people that are willing to help, they just might not be staring at you straight in the face. Try your best to stay strong and look to the positive. Any positive whatsoever.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Sly, your problem is that you care too much what people think of you! Who cares what some random person on the internet thinks, or if you got an infraction on a forum? You don't need everybody to like you. Just try and find a couple people (in real life, preferably) that do like you, and forget about the rest.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
I only have one friend in real life, and on the internet I don't even have any.
O' hi..?

And atleast you have one IRL.. All I have is internet friends. :\
No offense, but I'd rather have one good real-life friend than many internet friends who I most likely won't ever see, other than their avatar. Quality over quantity, man!

I'm just a crying ***** that will never get any friends, because Teran and all the respected mods and forum vets hate me and think I'm worthless.
What do those things have in common? Unless you're trying to make friends with said respected mods/vets.
If you check the members list, you'll see that SWF has almost 12,000 members, out of which only a few % (if even that much) are mods/forum vets.

GoldShadow said:
Sly, your problem is that you care too much what people think of you!
This.
Personally, I don't give a **** what other's think of me, and it's working quite well. Someone hates me? Fine, they can hate me. There are still 6(?) billion other people on this planet.. And thousands of them are in the same town / forum / wherever you are.

[/motivational speech]

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sly my advice to you is that if you get treated like a mother****er then treat them like that back. Those people that bother you arent your real friends and you shouldnt kill yourself for them. Trust me if your like me youll think youll eventually grow up to become something in life and those other people will just rot to the ground. And if I ever become a movie star and win my emmy or oscar I know just what to say ;) lol. But seriously take life easy. Relax and let no one let you down

3dfan

Smash Rookie
Stuoid people who can't understand simple things and ask again and again stupid questions really bother me :mad:

Overload

Smash Lord
It bothers me that even though there are only 135 pages to this thread, it says there is a page 136. When I click it, it takes me back to page 135.

Smash Master

Why do all the popular people on SWF (most of the mods, namely Teran17 and Xsyven) hate me so much? I just want friends, but if I can't get any on the internet, then how the hell do I make it through real life?

I suppose I know why Teran and Xsyven would hate me, considering the very first infraction I ever got on Smashboards (the one given to me for bashing gays). But, I want to tell all of you that I've changed. I don't hate gays. Actually, I never really did. But I suppose that you still hate me, huh?

Also, I've been burdened with horrible, horrible memories of my stepdad and people who have made my life miserable. I only have one friend in real life, and on the internet I don't even have any. I'll bet some people would even kill me they hate me so much.

I don't want to kill myself, and when I've tried in the past, I couldn't do it because I was subconsciously held back.

I'm just a crying ***** that will never get any friends, because Teran and all the respected mods and forum vets hate me and think I'm worthless. I honestly don't know how I got so much disrespect, but because of it all, I hope I die soon.

Oh and by the way, that infraction that I was talking about... I wish it never happened. I was such an idiot back in those days, and anybody who looks at that infraction now thinks I still am one.

Okay, I'm done.
Sly, I'm gay and they gave ME an infraction for hating gays (before they knew.) I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Gay people are really hypersensitive about statements concerning them sometimes, just like racial minorities.

Sounds to me (and I'm not saying I'm a perfect judge of character) that you need more confidence. IDK how to get some of that, but perhaps others do. Are you in shape? If so, you could always go to a gym and feel better about not being one of the lard-buckets you're surrounded by. If not, excersize tends to make me feel better about myself anyway. Perhaps it could do the same for you.

Scott!

Smash Lord

Okay, I'm done.
First off, it sounds like you're trying too hard. If you want friends on here, then just relax, post honestly and intelligently, and find solid discussions relevant to your interests. If people don't like you because of views you no longer hold and that you've refuted, as you've done here, then they aren't worth the bother. Since when did being popular on an internet forum become a big deal? They're people, you're a person. No one's more or less valuable, and you're definitely not worthless. You've contributed to these forums too, in some way or another.

What I'm trying to get at is confidence. If you convince yourself that you can't make friends, then you won't. You need to believe that you're worth talking to and befriending before you can convince someone else of it. 1048576 is right about needing to find a way to get some confidence.

Also, you mentioned having one friend. You say "only one friend", but think about it. You have a friend. Someone out there wants to spend time with you and to communicate with you. You matter to them in some way, and them to you. You aren't worthless. Also, you're not completely undesirable as a friend. Even if you don't know why they're friends with you, they must have a reason. Remember that.

One last thing. You already said that you don't want to kill yourself, but that you want to die soon. Death solves nothing. Nothing. It's also the end. It isn't another shot at anything or a way to prove anything. It's just the end of the road. And even if you've hit a bumpy patch in life, who knows what may lay ahead. And if you died now, people would be hurt. You've got at least a friend who would care.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Is there a place to post about medieval weapons, armor, and elementals? It doesn't relate to a single game in particular, but I wanted to explain it in further detail.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
It bothers me that even though there are only 135 pages to this thread, it says there is a page 136. When I click it, it takes me back to page 135.
I hate that too.

But onto the topic.

My family (parents / sister) are moving to New Jersey tomorrow and I probably won't see them until next summer, except maybe Thanksgivings / Winter Break. I'm planning on going to a tournament tomorrow. I didn't think twice about not seeing them off and I know I won't regret it. I'm pretty sure I'd regret not going to the tournament much more.

I feel like I should really be missing them more. I feel worse about the fact that I don't miss them than the actual missing them part. I guess family was never a central part of my life. I don't think this is me trying to assert my independence or me looking forward to living on my own as I've done my first year of college. I don't know. I guess family was never a central part of my life, but I've never felt so apathetic towards my family and it really bothers me. Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom